Thai Lion Air

"baggage wasn’t ‘in their system"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Bangkok. Thai Lion scammed me using the same baggage trick that others online have described. I pre-booked checked baggage but the woman said it wasn’t ‘in their system’. even after showing evidence with an e-ticket specifying 15kg paid, Thai Lion Air still tried to get me to pay $220 extra for baggage on a flight that cost $160. I booked another flight with Jetstar instead for half the price, refusing to pay any more money into this scam airline. This happened in Denpasar airport. Thai Lion Air are scammers and should be shut down.
RouteDenpasar to Bangkok

"Absolutely terrible airline"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Surat Thani. This is a terrible airline. The A/C didn’t work for the first 30 minutes or last 20 minutes (only worked for 30 minutes) of the flight. The temperature in Bangkok was 86 degrees Fahrenheit, so being stuck inside a packed plane with no moving air made it extremely hot, humid and stuffy. Passengers were using magazines to fan themselves and myself was dripping in sweat. It is ridiculous that a airline can think this is okay for customers. They clearly don’t care about their customers. There was also gum stuck to the handle. So gross to think they don’t even clean their planes either. Absolutely terrible airline. Avoid this airline if possible.
RouteBangkok to Surat Thani
Date FlownNovember 2019

"new depths of poor service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Denpassar to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. I know not to expect silver service when booking a budget airline, but this airline is truly plumbing new depths of poor service and hidden money grabbing ploys. The staff are arrogant, unfriendly and a disgrace. The legroom on my 5 hour flight was not even suitable for a short domestic hop, let alone an international flight. The money saved in tickets is not worth the hassle and discomfort.
RouteDenpassar to Chiang Mai via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very much below expectation"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bali to Bangkok. Overall very much below expectations. On a Bangkok to Bali: delayed departure of 1h. It happens. But then on Bali Airport tarmac, we had to wait 20 minutes for the bus to arrive and take us to the Terminal. On the way back: smooth until you wait 30 minutes for the luggage at the belt. For both cases: no communication whatsoever which is far worst. Staff are nice and smiling. But also having fun, chatting, eating out in the open. Having fun at work is great of course, but not when it goes against service quality. I will avoid this airline in the future.
RouteBali to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Staff are very friendly and polite"

Trip Verified | Hat Yai to Don Muang with Thai Lion Air. Staff are very friendly and polite, staff member took me to my seat and put my carry on bag in the over head bin for me. The seat is comfortable. The airplane take off and landing was smooth. The flight departed and arrived on time. The fare is very reasonable, better than the bus and the train if you book in advance. Before buying ticket the travel agent let me know ahead one small carry on luggage is free. The other luggage will be charged.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteHat Yai to Don Muang
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"extremely unpleasant journey"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Surat Thani. If you want to enjoy having an extremely unpleasant journey, I recommend you to take Thai Lion Air. This airline seems to want making money with every little thing they can. Watch out if the weight your luggage might be a bit more than you paid in advance (If you had the luck and prepaid for it at all). The fees for overweight luggage are extremely high. Thus ending up paying more than the original ticket price is not uncommon. When I took this airline from Bangkok to Surat Thani, most of the people seemed to pack everything they could into their hand luggage for not having to pay these fees. For quite a few passengers, there was hardly any space left. This is not only uncomfortably and shows a lack of customer care but is a safety risk as well. My flight was delayed because of bad weather conditions but even though the screens showed a delay, the staff wasn't informed about it at all when we asked them. Apart from that, I wonder why people who can hardly speak any English at all can qualify to work at an airline like this. Nevertheless, they have a strict no food policy and the seats are narrow and cannot recline. There are plenty of much more pleasant airlines going to their destinations too. It's your choice.
RouteBangkok to Surat Thani
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"unprofessional and unfriendly staff"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. I have nothing good to say about them. Was only told that flight was canceled upon arrival at the air. Got booked onto another flight 8hrs later. Very expensive luggage charges, no leg room and very unprofessional and unfriendly staff. Was traveling with my family and had a really rough time.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I took my phone out to film"

Not Verified | Denpasar to Bangkok. I traveled only with pound sterling and a visa and MasterCard. Onboard the flight for food and drink I was told Thai bhat, US dollars or no drink. I didn’t have any of those currencies. I explained that I still needed to drink and asked if I could have some tap water or staff water the response was no. After an hour of begging for water I was given a shot size cup of boiling hot water. After a further 2 hours I decided enough was enough so went up again and asked if one of the staff would mind allowing me one of the staff drinks just a 500ml bottle of water the response again was no. I couldn’t believe it so I took my phone out to film what was happening to me. The cabin crew member grabbed my phone and made me delete the footage of him. In return for the commotion and deleting the photo, I was given a second thimble full of water.
RouteDenpasar to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Nothing is offered free"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Rai. The gate closed 15 minutes pass the departure time to pack on more passengers. Slow boarding and unboarding system (30 minutes delay). Nothing is offered free, water costs money.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Rai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Terrible service and flights"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Bangkok. Terrible service and flights. They had an engine problem in Tokyo which delayed me for 3 hours. Missed all connections and they said it wasn’t their problem. Dumped me in the middle of the night in Bangkok with no accommodation. Also, they run a no outside food and drink policy. Will not let you on with drinks. Then they try to sell you food on the plane. One sandwich for a 9 hour journey. Joke. They have films to watch, but no earphones! You have to buy them. But if you’re connecting you probably won’t even have Thai Bhat. Staff are rude and aggressive. And no toilet paper in the toilet.
RouteTokyo to Bangkok