Thai Lion Air

"I took my phone out to film"

Not Verified | Denpasar to Bangkok. I traveled only with pound sterling and a visa and MasterCard. Onboard the flight for food and drink I was told Thai bhat, US dollars or no drink. I didn’t have any of those currencies. I explained that I still needed to drink and asked if I could have some tap water or staff water the response was no. After an hour of begging for water I was given a shot size cup of boiling hot water. After a further 2 hours I decided enough was enough so went up again and asked if one of the staff would mind allowing me one of the staff drinks just a 500ml bottle of water the response again was no. I couldn’t believe it so I took my phone out to film what was happening to me. The cabin crew member grabbed my phone and made me delete the footage of him. In return for the commotion and deleting the photo, I was given a second thimble full of water.
RouteDenpasar to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Nothing is offered free"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Rai. The gate closed 15 minutes pass the departure time to pack on more passengers. Slow boarding and unboarding system (30 minutes delay). Nothing is offered free, water costs money.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Rai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Terrible service and flights"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Bangkok. Terrible service and flights. They had an engine problem in Tokyo which delayed me for 3 hours. Missed all connections and they said it wasn’t their problem. Dumped me in the middle of the night in Bangkok with no accommodation. Also, they run a no outside food and drink policy. Will not let you on with drinks. Then they try to sell you food on the plane. One sandwich for a 9 hour journey. Joke. They have films to watch, but no earphones! You have to buy them. But if you’re connecting you probably won’t even have Thai Bhat. Staff are rude and aggressive. And no toilet paper in the toilet.
RouteTokyo to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never fly Thai Lion Air again"

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Bangkok. Thai Lion Air has some of the worst service I have experienced as a frequent traveler. When I called to have baggage added, they were unable to accept US credit card payments. The representative promised me that the payment would be according to the online amount (about 30 USD) since I couldn't reserve this baggage over the phone or online. She said that as long as I was in line at least four hours before my flight, I would be charged the online price. When got in line 5.5 hours ahead of time, the counter representatives were so inefficient that once I reached the counter, they charged me for about 300 USD without verifying the amount with me. I then disputed this amount, but Thai Lion Air will not acknowledge 1) their own inefficiencies of taking 2 hours to service the baggage check in, their own poor customer service both in informing about baggage pricing and honoring what was agreed upon, and 3) their outdated technology that cannot accept US credit cards. I will never fly Thai Lion Air againr.
RouteDhaka to Bangkok

"very much disappointed"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Bangkok. I have used the aircraft of Thai Lion Air for this route. Their seat are very congested and cheap with the delayed time, which was very painful for all the passengers. They provide snacks after delayed in flight which was worst in taste and quality. Even though they didn't take any kind of activities for the passengers, who all were very much disappointed with the Thai Lion Air. Everyone including me said they never use Thai Lion Air in future.
RouteDhaka to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cannot recommend this airline"

(China)

Not Verified | Shenzhen to Bangkok. Very bad service. Two time the flight was delayed 1 hour. Huge extra costs on baggage. The on board food is disgusting and even it would be good much too expensive. I cannot recommend this airline and I will avoid consider them again.
RouteShenzhen to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"cramped with little legroom"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Thai lion air is a subsidiary of Lion Air. Aircraft was cramped with little legroom. Landing was rough & bumpy. The flight took off & landed on time.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"such a terrible service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. One of the worst service from airline I ever had. The late evening flight was canceled recently, therefore they moved all flight to the evening flight. The change was made normally and I received notification as usual. But this time I received such a terrible service. Starting from mis-booking the flight by switching my departure flight and arrival flight, which making me unable to do the online check in. This problem occurs again on my return flight. I have contacted call center and the response I received is unacceptable. Firstly they started to ask me to check in online again in the morning, and of course, it did not work. So I kept calling again and received the response that “this problem is unexplainable, especially to customer. Even he explained to me, I am not going to understand anyway”. I had good service from this airline before, but this time could be the last one.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJune 2019

"charges for luggage are very high"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Bali to Mumbai via Bangkok, while checking luggage I was told that check-in is not allowed and I had to pay extra 220$ for the same. Their charges for luggage are very high. Its totally unacceptable. Which airline charge check-in luggage wholly. I will never recommend this airline. And after paying so much you don't even get a glass of water you have to buy it. Totally disappointed and frustrated. They purposely tell you about check-in baggage prices on last moment when you don't have any other option.
RouteBali to Mumbai via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"very high price for baggage"

Trip Verified | Bali to Bangkok. Very unprofessional airline. Did not know about check in baggage. Charged very high price for baggage. Had to pay 220 USD for check in baggage. Never fly this airline.
RouteBali to Bangkok