Thai Lion Air

"worst refund experience"

(Taiwan)

Not Verified | This is the worst refund experience, I ever have. They say only a credit account refund is possible, and you have to redeem within a year. My ticket was on 3 April 2020. And now the pandemic isn't over, there is no flight available from Taiwan to Thailand. However, there are no notice for any refund or extension.
RouteTaipei to Thailand
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I did not receive my money back."

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I had booked the flight from DMK to TST, at first they had changed my flight and I did not want to change so I decided to cancel it for to route going to TST. Then after that the flight back from TST to DMK had been changed again so I would like to cancelled because I had limited time so it was not convenient for me. I decided to cancelled for both flight and they told us to refund the money within 45 days or it could be a bit late as now there are so many passengers asked for the refund. I understood that so I was waiting patiently until now it's been 9 months, I did not receive my money back. I sent them email and they said it has been processing but do not know when it will come. Totally disappointed. To whom wish to fly with this airline, please consider again before you purchase their ticket because if there is something happened, you will lose your money forever.
RouteBangkok to Trang
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"no intention of providing refunds"

Trip Verified | I had a flight booked in April 2020, which was obviously cancelled. I have emailed and called many times to request some sort of update on my refund, and the response is always the same: "In regards to your email, your refund is still in process. it takes an unusually long time to process the refunds. Sorry for your inconvenience". The response never changes and never provides any clear information. I definitely understand the last year has been challenging. However, I also had reservations with two other Thai airlines - one has processed the refund, and the other is at least providing updates and regular communication. At this point, it feels like there is no intention of providing refunds. I recommend booking with any other airline.
RouteDhaka to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"no money and no more contact"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flight of march 2020 was (logically) cancelled. We requested a refund, which the system said was being processed and could take up to 45 days. Since then no money and no more contact. Phoned multiple times, waiting time up to an hour and when finally in the call, being pressed away again.
RouteBangkok to Colombo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"still waiting for refund"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | Like many others, still waiting for refund. Original flight plans was in mid-April but as they was understandably cancelled due to COVID I called them to receive a refund. Very hasty reply call center, was almost not able to finish what I wanted to say. Their waiting time has exceeded 30 min every time. Likely close to 40 minutes. Next call was in beginning of August after sending emails in between, I was told to wait until end of October. That has now passed by over a month and still no information and of course no refund.
RouteBangkok to Osaka
Date FlownApril 2020

"never fly with them again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Paid extra for seat advanced selection but they changed aircraft type and my seats to something different than what I picked without informing me, only realized the change after boarding the flight. Made a complaint at their ticket office at Don Muang Airport after we landed and was told supervisor would call me to discuss refund. 3 days later and still no call, have tried to contacting call-center and put on hold for 20 mins with no one answering calls. Will never fly with them again and would not recommend them.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2020

"they don't refund you"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Bali. I wait for refund more than 215 days They told me with in 45 days you have refund I call 10 time minimum. Send 40 email minimum and still no refund. So watch out when book ticket they don't refund you.
RouteBangkok to Bali
Date FlownJune 2020

"Terrible airlines and terrible service"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I have been waiting 6+ months for a refund, and they never reply to any emails or enquires. Terrible airlines and terrible service. They have basically taken free money for a service that was never provided. This airline is nothing short of a giant scam. Never will I ever book with Thai Lion Air again, and I will warn every single traveller to avoid this airline at all costs.
RouteBali to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"never take a flight with them again"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Due to Covid-19, Thai Lion Air notified me the cancellation of my April round trip flight from Taipei to Bangkok but without mentioning any remedy. I had to go to their website to find out the solution. Then I sent 2 emails with photocopy of my e-ticket and passport to request a refund, but got no any response and of course no refund since April. This is the worst airline I have ever experienced, and I will never take a flight with them again.
RouteTaipei to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"really fed up and disappointed"

Trip Verified | In February 2020 I got email to refund for my ticket Singapore to Bangkok. They said within 45 days will receive but I ‘m been waiting 4 months. In between I tried to contact several time to hotline and email as well but no response. Now I really fed up and disappointed of that they do not keep their word. I will not be customer of that airline again.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok