Thai Lion Air

"still waiting for refund"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | Like many others, still waiting for refund. Original flight plans was in mid-April but as they was understandably cancelled due to COVID I called them to receive a refund. Very hasty reply call center, was almost not able to finish what I wanted to say. Their waiting time has exceeded 30 min every time. Likely close to 40 minutes. Next call was in beginning of August after sending emails in between, I was told to wait until end of October. That has now passed by over a month and still no information and of course no refund.
RouteBangkok to Osaka
Date FlownApril 2020

"never fly with them again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Paid extra for seat advanced selection but they changed aircraft type and my seats to something different than what I picked without informing me, only realized the change after boarding the flight. Made a complaint at their ticket office at Don Muang Airport after we landed and was told supervisor would call me to discuss refund. 3 days later and still no call, have tried to contacting call-center and put on hold for 20 mins with no one answering calls. Will never fly with them again and would not recommend them.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2020

"they don't refund you"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Bali. I wait for refund more than 215 days They told me with in 45 days you have refund I call 10 time minimum. Send 40 email minimum and still no refund. So watch out when book ticket they don't refund you.
RouteBangkok to Bali
Date FlownJune 2020

"Terrible airlines and terrible service"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I have been waiting 6+ months for a refund, and they never reply to any emails or enquires. Terrible airlines and terrible service. They have basically taken free money for a service that was never provided. This airline is nothing short of a giant scam. Never will I ever book with Thai Lion Air again, and I will warn every single traveller to avoid this airline at all costs.
RouteBali to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"never take a flight with them again"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Due to Covid-19, Thai Lion Air notified me the cancellation of my April round trip flight from Taipei to Bangkok but without mentioning any remedy. I had to go to their website to find out the solution. Then I sent 2 emails with photocopy of my e-ticket and passport to request a refund, but got no any response and of course no refund since April. This is the worst airline I have ever experienced, and I will never take a flight with them again.
RouteTaipei to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"really fed up and disappointed"

Trip Verified | In February 2020 I got email to refund for my ticket Singapore to Bangkok. They said within 45 days will receive but I ‘m been waiting 4 months. In between I tried to contact several time to hotline and email as well but no response. Now I really fed up and disappointed of that they do not keep their word. I will not be customer of that airline again.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2019

"This is very poor service"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok was cancelled due to Covid-19 situation, I had called to Singapore customer service hotline in last February to ask for refund but till now no respond from Thai Lion Air. Worst, the hotline was terminated in March. I've been keep sending emails to Thai Lion Air subsequently but no reply at all. This is very poor service and totally unacceptable. Will never book any Thai Lion Air flight if no refund back to me.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"poor customer service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I was so appalled by the poor customer service. I have never been spoken to as rudely as my a Thai Lion Air representative on the phone. I My flight from Bangkok to Bali was rescheduled twice by airline. I rang up. Waited 50mins. I understand Covid-19 led to cancellation. What I don’t accept is having to wait 60 working days for a refund. Told this is normal and I should be happy. Staff clearly don’t care. Asked to speak to manager told no! I’ve never known such arrogance and rudeness. Please stay away.
RouteBangkok to Bali
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They did refund my money"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | I had a flight with my partner with Thai Lion Air from Bali to Bangkok on March 20th 2020 which cost 160 euros and we needed to get to Thailand to fly home on April 7, all this in the middle of the covid 19 crisis. Some days before I got check the flight status and it says unknown. I proceed to email Lion Air , as well as text them on Facebook and Twitter, as I didn´t have a phone to call. It is now April 8 and they have only now replied. When I got to the airport I found out that the last flight they would be operating to Thailand had been the day before, and they had given me no information. The staff was extremely rude and unhelpful to me, the customer service is terrible. They did refund my money right away in cash.
RouteBali to Bangkok

"Worst experience flying"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Colombo. Worst experience flying of my life. They are a complete scam. They made us wait in line at check-in for over an hour and I was at the airport 2 hours early, then, when I get to the counter the have me paid for my checked bag which I anticipated a good $70-80 but they said now I was too late SO, $177 later I checked my bag. Awful. They had no customer service representative for us to talk to (there was a group of us). I don't care how much more I have to pay, I will never fly Thai Lion again.
RouteBangkok to Colombo