Thai Airways

Thai Airways customer review

CDG-BKK-HKT. Last evening flight for Thai. Check-in in Paris was far from acceptable. I did not print my ticket and could not locate it on my phone. Security agent refused to let me go into check in although I pledged I was flying with Thai. A security supervisor came and intervened and I was allowed to the check in counter. Once at check-in it took the agent over 30 minutes to process! She then refused to give me the boarding pass as she said she could not locate my return ticket. I told her this is because it was a separate ticket to Vietnam and I showed her the e-ticket stored in the phone. It then took her over 10 minutes to clear with somebody on the phone. Once on board the 777 it was usual Thai friendliness and quality. My seat and my neighbour's failed after take off. Cabin crew did not bother fixing it and just asked us to move to other seats as there were plenty empty seats. The television in the 2nd seat did not work and I was moved to yet another seat. Transfer in Bangkok smooth but TG Domestic lounge facilities were basic. BKK-HKT short but the cabin crew managed to serve food and very friendly as well. It is comfortable but all facilities on board or on the ground seem to be old and worn.

Thai Airways customer review

MEL-BKK-MEL in Boeing 777. Business Lounge at Melbourne Airport (shared with Air NZ) is tatty and tired with worn dirty carpets and furnishings very poor snack selection and a general air of neglect. Outbound aircraft was a bit tatty and worn too with the customary small and hard business class seats often found on Asian airlines generally and of course they are at an angle even when "flat" so unless you strap yourself in firmly you will slowly slide down onto the floor. Inflight service was adequate but rushed and wine top ups had to be requested. Inflight movies and entertainment was excellent with lots of new release movies. Return flight was in a newer cleaner aircraft but the same issues with seat and service applied. Overall I'd rate Thai as "OK" but there are better options.

(South Africa)

JNB-BKK-JNB. Crew on outbound flight friendly on the return flight totally indifferent. Food ex Johannesburg absolutely disgusting even for airline food. Food from Bangkok edible. Having flown Thai many times before it is noticeable standards falling.

Thai Airways customer review

Flew LHR-BKK-RGN return and chose Thai on grounds of price and timetable convenience. Some years since I last used Thai and whilst the service was charming and friendly other aspects left much to be desired. In particular the seats although almost lie flat (would it cost much more for 100% flat?) were difficult to adjust for a comfortable sleep. The food was almost inedible even the pre-ordered meals.

(Philippines)

MNL-BKK-MNL. Fast check-in in both airports and had an organized system of boarding. The flight went pretty well as expected. Flight crews were efficient and prepared and had plenty of smiles. The Inflight entertainment options were pretty limited but fairly good for a 3 hour flight. Food is great. Two of the flight attendants on our return trip clearly manifest hospitality and the feeling of "thanks for flying with us".

(Thailand)

Having submitted a less than positive review of my Bangkok Paris business class trip I am bound to do the same for my return. Alas the same problems: thin and uncomfortable seat poor selection of newspapers and magazines on board (is it so difficult to stock more than Bangkok Post IHT and Fin Times along with Time and golf mags? The airport itself was busting with reading material) and the food my wife and I agreed was simply inedible. My beef was too hard to cut accompanied by poor roast potatoes and a selection of tasteless cheeses. Staff were okay and there were many spare seats. Poor Thai: once a great airline.

Thai Airways customer review

Couldn't have been happier with our return flights from London Heathrow to Bangkok. The seats were colourful and attractive with plenty of legroom and width. They were laid out in a 2-4-2 formation so we didn't have to clamber over anyone else to get out for the toilet or to stretch our legs. The food was varied and delicious with an attractive menu handed out in advance. Plenty of many films on offer and the staff were friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this airline and the economy class experience.

(Thailand)

LHR-BKK. New years eve flight and the crew clearly wished they were celebrating. Was the only down point of the journey - no smiles. But food drinks in flight entertainment and comfort in Economy were all very good! Would fly with Thai again.

(Thailand)

Flew Bangkok Paris direct. Seats while they extended into flat beds were narrow and uncomfortable. Main gripe was the food (and poor wine selection). Lunch was barely okay while dinner was simply inedible: some horrible looking mess of noodles chicken and off-white sauce. My comments to steward were met with a familiar and wry nod. Yes he agreed service and food had declined over the years. Thai simply isn't a premium business class service anymore.

Thai Airways customer review

London - Bangkok 4-5 times a year for the past 10 years business class on TG917 and TG916. I am a gold card member and would add that I am 6ft and 20st. My main gripe is that since the A340-600 has been introduced the level of service has gone downhill in my opinion due to the increase in seat capacity but same level of staff. The importance seems to be on serving rolls steward comes round numerous times whereas the wine serving is sparse and never served with the meal which is a shame as it is very palatable especially the white. The Thai lounge is much better than the London lounge. Films can vary a lot but in the main tend to be American. Seating at my weight is never going to be that comfortable. Overall I will still fly Thai but please you need to improve the service at least to how it use to be.