Thai Airways

Thai Airways customer review

As a four star airline I was expecting a little better from Thai but my wife and I agree it's not as good as we hoped. We found the seats and leg room much to be desired however generally comfortable. The food was good indeed but not outstanding given Asians food is usually very good. Inflight service was average and below par for a four star airline sorry but not impressed.

(Spain)

TG949 Madrid to Bangkok. My wife and 3 children aged 7 9 and 13 flew out from Madrid on 23rd Feb. Check in was very quick as was boarding as with the kids we had priority. The plane was a Boeing 777-300R and we flew Economy. The flight left on time and the plane was spotless seats had good leg room and were comfy. The mood lighting made it very nice. The best parts of the flight were the entertainment system - great for all of us and kept the kids occupied through the entire flight. The food was delicious and the drinks included throughout were excellent. I must say that the flight crew service was nothing short of excellent and they made sure our journey was very enjoyable. I have travelled a lot and it is the first time that I'm actually looking forward to travelling back.

(Indonesia)

TG 432 Denpasar to Bangkok on A33O. Check in was quick and I didn't even have to ask for an emergency exit sea. The helpful local agent already realised at 6'3 I would need one. Boarding was by class and seat numbers. Departed on time plenty of drink run's throughout the flight and one crew member apologised for taking 2 minute's to re fill my glass. From what I have read of other airlines I was just grateful she turned up. No in seat entertainment which in this day and for a major airline I found disappointing. Not sure why we were bussed to the terminal as we passed a lot of empty stands. For the right price I would fly with them again.

Thai Airways customer review

Flight numbers we were on were: TG917 LHR-BKK 23/01/13 depart 21.35 arrive 15.55 on 24/01/13. TG725 BKK-HKT 27/01/13 depart 15.35 arrive 16.55. TG204 HKT-BKK depart 10.55 arrive 12.25 on 07/02/13. TG916 BKK-LHR depart 13.30 arrive 19.35 on 07/02/13. Staff both on the ground and on the plane were professional. We travelled economy and although have never been in a position to travel first class felt like we were being treated fairly by staff as nothing was too much trouble. Much appreciated soft drinks were offered on a regular basis throughout the long journey. I suffer with Arthritis in both knees and I had asked my travel agent if this could be mentioned in the event I may need some assistance. When we arrived at BKK there was a member of staff waiting with a wheelchair when I got off the plane. On the return I was in a considerable amount of pain and as soon as we checked in at Phuket to travel via Bangkok back to Heathrow I was asked if I would need assistance which I accepted. The seats we were allocated on the journey back to Heathrow had extra leg room which was much appreciated as I had to put my feet up on pillows on the floor to alleviate the pain.

Thai Airways customer review

LHR - BKK return. Managed to sleep approx. 7 hours on the outward flight food and drink adequate but nothing special. Its a shame that the seats do not convert to fully flat but our flight price was reasonable staff and service were good. The return flight was pretty uneventful food and drink quality and availability are just OK (the cheese platter is very poor) staff again helpful and friendly. Sadly Thai are not quite up to the standard they were a few years ago.

Thai Airways customer review

Frankfurt - Bangkok - Suratthani. Staff was very friendly and engaged both on ground and in air. A mid-flight extra menu which I asked for (FRA-BKK) came with crackers cheese and fresh fruit of different kind neatly arranged (in economy!) and made up for the unavoidable discomfort of an 11-hours flight.

Thai Airways customer review

We fly Thai Airways Business Class every year from Zürich to Sydney. Although I have always loved Thai I was very dissatisfied this time round. The food on the Zürich-Bangkok leg was terrible and on the Bangkok- Sydney leg even worse. The only time we could eat the food was from Sydney to Bangkok. They are obviously saving money! The service also clearly lacked the famous Thai smile!

(Myanmar)

RGN-BKK-AKL return. Service as usual with TG varied greatly. I received a personal welcome by the purser on the 1 hour RGN-BKK leg but no equivalent on the longer flight to AKL. There is no consistency how you are treated by staff and in general they were just going through the motions with no warmth or personal touch. Food was good the alcohol selection was great as was the entertainment. Overall everything was good but not great.

Thai Airways customer review

London to Bangkok return. I found the staff very pleasant friendly and helpful and the seats were reasonably comfortable. The inflight entertainment was very good with individual screens for each seat. The food was good and we were kept supplied with as much water and orange juice as we wanted.

(Hong Kong)

Chiang Mai to Bangkok. I booked them because of the excellent flight time which connects to my next flight perfectly. Also I haven't flown with them for a long time so decided to give them a chance again. It was fine overall being a short flight of 55 minutes we were still given a snack box each and tea/coffee service. I was however disappointed when at the BKK airport they parked on the tarmac (they often do even for International flights!) and had to take a rather long bus ride to return to the terminal. I saw a lot of boarding channels being left empty so I was disappointed at this.