Thai Airways

(Norway)

Round trip Oslo-Bangkok in Silk Class. Every time I fly I am surprised of the relatively uncomfortable seats in business class on this route. As I have a THAI gold card a plus is the warm welcome upon boarding including mentioning of my name etc. after sitting down. They are also serving you food prior to the rest of the passengers. However I had to wait 15 minutes to get anything to drink. Long after I had had my meal.

Thai Airways customer review

BKK-NRT on B777-300ER May 9 2012. Aircraft leased from Jet Airways. Waited with a large group of people checking in for various flights. Used the kiosk to print boarding pass and select seat. Upon check-in had both my bags weighed and was told one was overweight. I was moving back to Canada after 5 years in Thailand so not surprising I had accumulated many items. Check-in agent waited patiently while I redistributed luggage and moved items to carry-on. Received boarding passes for all my flights to my final destination. Aircraft was clean and received juice and water at regular intervals. Was not given vegetarian option for breakfast probably because I didn't inform the Bangkok office of Air Canada about this though I booked it on my itinerary but had a nice omelette for breakfast. Flight left on time and had a superb AVOD system which kept me entertained for the flight. Cabin crew was professional and smiling. Enjoyed my last flight on Thai Airways and would definitely fly again.

Thai Airways customer review

Mumbai to Bangkok last night. There was no ptv they ran out of non veg meals. Staff were welcoming seats were a bit hard but a pole covering the space so not good leg room. When you push back your seat you can see the passengers behind you. Very old aircraft's they had one TV in the front which you could not see at all and very bleary. Have a snack before flight on this sector and take some entertainment because you will get very bored. I do not recommend this flight even though it is a 747-400.

Thai Airways customer review

TG917 25th April. Excellent customer service. As an ROP Gold member I've noticed improvements in the service provided by Thai. At check in my travelling companion and I received a warm welcome. I advised the gentleman at check in that I had reserved seats. He checked the system and advised that the adjacent seats were now occupied so he arranged for us to be seated in the row behind where we would be the only occupants in a row of four seats. Lounge was comfortable with an improved range of food including hot choices. Onboard the attendant addressed me by name welcomed me aboard and asked for our dinner / breakfast selection. Only issue with getting dinner before anyone else is that the meal is finished before the wine is served so I asked for wine to come with the dinner which it did. Drinks were plentiful throughout and the new AVOD was good. I did have some concern that the under seat AVOD box might be intrusive but it wasn't. Empty seats allowed us to stretch out and get a reasonable night's sleep. Flight attendants genuinely did their best to ensure a pleasant flight. Hard and soft product equally good.

(Thailand)

BKK-FRA-BKK Business class check in and boarding went smoothly on both legs. I was assigned seat 25K and was surprised to see that the FA drinks station was on the other side of the seat with no partition. It appears that rather than provide a decent work area in the rear of business class Thai have opted to jam in more seats and put the drinks station between the rear toilets and emergency escape door - not very well thought out at all. FA's were attentive and smiling but the food really is mediocre and needs improvement.

Thai Airways customer review

MAD-BKK and onwards to Manila. Flight from Madrid on a brand new 777 half empty and plenty of seats to stretch. Staff very good and attentive but meal surprisingly and disappointingly mediocre. Plenty of drinks rounds and requests met with a smile. AVOD entertainment adequate but not comparable to Qatar Airways. BKK-MNL delayed almost 2 hours awaiting connecting passengers. Flight very full on a tired A330 without any personal entertainment. No air conditioning while waiting and drinks only available on request. Food forgettable and legroom pretty bad. As one of the previous reviewers points out Thai can get away with a low service standard on this route because of the lack of competition.

Thai Airways customer review

BKK-FRA A340. Not what I expected left disappointed. No personal AVOD makes for a long 11 hour flight. Service from FA's was average took late night flight so I don't recall food quality probably slept through it. Aircraft was worn but clean ladies received orchids upon departure. Probably won't fly Thai Air in the future. I do recall seats being very thin and uncomfortable.

Thai Airways customer review

TG476 SYD-BKK 12/4/13. It was a bad move from Thai Airways to replace the aircraft on this route from 777-200 to the super old 747-400. The inflight entertainment was down due to technical issues and about 35 pax had the same issue with me. The cabin crew and services are fantastic. Meals were okay. I ended up sleeping the whole way because there was no inflight entertainment for my 9hr journey. The way back was TG 471 BKK-SYD 26/4/13 I was on the 747-400 again but this aircraft has no personal screens. Obviously Thai is going down because the competitors on these route are using brand new fleets but Thai turned to the opposite direction. Very disappointed!

(Myanmar)

RGN-BKK-CTS and NRT-BKK-RGN. Service on the RGN-BKK-RGN leg was abrupt and disinterested as is usually the case. But the flights from Bangkok to Sapporo and return from Narita were both excellent. As a Gold Card holder I received priority meal service (this is not a standard practice on TG) and crews were friendly and efficient. From NRT-BKK the service was wonderful - warm attentive and energetic cabin crew made the flight a real pleasure. Drinks were regularly topped up and crew aimed to please. Food was average but the IFE was excellent with a great variety of recent releases. Overall I was very impressed with TG on their flights to/from Japan and their crew really excelled.

Thai Airways customer review

LHR-BKK on retrofitted 747-400. Good seats with big pitch superior IFE and although the food was average it was fine. The staff are really great too and my 3 year old was given lots of attention and a good in flight pack. Much better than BA.