Thai Airways

"service is not very good"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. I have flown 3 times this year with Thai Airways. I am already a silver member. The service in economy class is not very good. The service is often messy and fast. Often there is not much to notice about smooth as silk. Next year I'm going to live in Thailand, I doubt very much whether I want to continue with Thai Airways. The business class is very expensive, maybe I am considering to fly business with another company and to start a frequent flyer program.
RouteBrussels to Chiang Mai via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"pleasant and always smiling"

Trip Verified | Domestic flights between Bangkok and Chiangmai are popular with tourists and locals alike. I was told by a flight attendant on my previous flight up to Bangkok that the Bangkok - Chiangmai Business Class is invariably always full. The aircraft operating this route is an old A330-300 arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration with recliner seat. For domestic and short haul routes within Southeast Asia, it doesn’t really matter much. As it was a short flight of 1 hour, lunch service started immediately after attaining cruising altitude. Even though the cabin crew were hard pressed to complete service within a short time, they were pleasant and always smiling. A hot lunch of Pad Thai omelette was served on this flight. As soon as I finished eating, it was time to land in Bangkok. Overall, for a short domestic flight, Thai Airways’ Business Class product was excellent - far better than intra-Europe flights on European airlines.
AircraftA330-300
RouteChiangmai to Bangkok

"very excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. Flew on Thai Airways again for my return trip to Singapore. As with the previous flight, it was operated by a nearly 20 years old Boeing 777-300, however, the aircraft was the "Royal Barge Suphannahong", HS-TKF, which was very beautiful. Although the interior was the same as on other Thai 777-300s, it was very well maintained and very clean, the seat itself was very comfortable, no complaints there. Once again, the IFE selection was very generous and very good for a 5hr+ flight, never mind one that was the only 2hrs! As with the previous flight, the cabin crew were extremely warm and made us feel welcome and well-treated - definitely worthy of the branding that Thai gives its cabin service, "Royal Orchid Service". Dinner was served on this flight, and it was plentiful, well presented, and the quality was also good - a special dessert was even provided to commemorate Thailand's "Loy Krathong Day". Despite traffic congestion encountered due to the many planes taking off before my flight, the pilots managed to make up for lost time en route and we arrived only a few minutes behind schedule. Overall, it was a very excellent experience given the price, and I would definitely recommend Thai Airways to anyone who wants to fly to Bangkok for their price point and onboard service.
AircraftBoeing 777-3D7
RouteBangkok to Singapore

"crew friendly and warm"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. Flew on Thai Airways on my recent retreat to Bangkok. Aircraft used was a Boeing 777-300, which has been in service for over 20 years; however the aircraft was well-maintained by Thai Airways and the cabin was very clean, the seat showed no signs of its age (apart from the IFE which was very small, but with a generous selection it was certainly very reasonable for a 2hr+ flight and suitable even on longer ones due to the selection). Cabin crew were very friendly and warm, greeting every passenger with a smile and the service provided was very warm and made us feel like privileged guests - definitely suiting of the cabin service that Thai appropriately named "Royal Orchid Service". However, the food served in flight was quite poor in quality and I felt it could definitely be improved on. The flight took off and landed on time, no problems, taxi in and taxi out were both very fast. Overall, it was definitely an excellent flight, despite the food served which was a letdown, and I would definitely choose Thai again for its price and their service.
AircraftBoeing 777-3D7
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"hard product was adequate"

Trip Verified | This flight was operated by a 20 year old Boeing 777-300. The configuration in Business Class is 2-3-2. It would appear to be very cramped for business class but this is the regional business class configuration for the short two-hour flight to Bangkok. The seat is an angled flat seat. Leg room was very generous and your legs do not have to go under a small footwell like in some types of seats. Upon boarding, the flight attendants served welcome drinks. I had the signature Thai Tamarind Tea which was nice. Shortly after take off, breakfast was served. I had the Thai option - Tom Yam chicken rice. Being a short flight, the meal was served on a tray. The inflight entertainment system has adequate selection for this short flight. Headphones provided were not noise cancelling headphones but plastic over ear headphones. After the meal service, it was time to descend into Bangkok. Overall, the flight attendants were cheerful and friendly and the hard product was adequate for short regional flights.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"treated me very badly"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Sydney. Thai Airways treated me very badly. They sold me a broken seat (they knew it was broken), broken arm rest, broken entertainment. Moved me next to an aggressive passenger that did not want me next to him, so I had to move back to my broken seat. Not good! Thai Airways is dishonest and is a disgrace to the industry. I would not recommend anyone fly with Thai Airways unless there is no other option. What a shame.
RouteBangkok to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"saying I was a no show"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok, TG911 on 17th October. I turned up for my flight but there was a part missing and they started putting people on buses to hotels for the night, this was at 11am. One of the staff said that they would give me a full refund if I went and booked another flight. So I did that and found another more expensive flight. Now Thai are refusing to honour the refund because 6 hours later than scheduled they managed to get the flight going (I was already on another flight by then) and now they are saying I was a no show. I missed another flight because of them and had to incur costs in a hotel overnight and rebook my final flight connection and ultimately I arrived where I was supposed to be, 20 hours late.
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the service was shocking"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Bangkok. I don’t know whether the biz class cabin on an A380 is too big but the service was shocking. Not a single towel served to me was warm. They seem to bring out the starters in a random order and with no drinks trolley I was left sitting with the starter and no drink to match. If you decide to wait for a drink it means that they’ve already put your main on so in my case it was served cold. The cheese was nice but served with oranges, melons and grapefruit but no grapes. There was port on the trolley but they weren’t inclined to open it until I asked and then served it in a thimble. The cabin lights were turned down even though it was a 5.30pm departure arriving at 10pm.
RouteTokyo Narita to Bangkok

"standard was very high"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Milan to Bangkok and enjoyed a very packed but graceful flight back. I love Thai Airways because the quality standard was very high. The food for economy passengers is excellent, crew work hard thru' the flight and I dont' know of better value for money. I thank you and hope that your standards will not waver. I am glad to be back here.
AircraftA350-900
RouteMilan to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"made a mistake in our booking"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | We made a mistake in our booking of the return flight in November 2019 and immediately noticed this. Due to the departure just after midnight, we clicked the wrong date: one day too early. We contacted customer support immediately to report this and to get this solved. 2 days later, many phone calls and emails later to both Brussels and Bangkok, no decent alternative is offered. We get the message that our ticket was a promotion ticket (we never noticed this) and that no seats are available in other flight. When we check the correct flight, we still find seats available. Then they come with the excuse that it's not the same class. We are not talking about difference between business or economy. Apparently, Thai Airways also divide the economy in different classes with each letter of the alphabet. When we look closer, we see that every day the tickets are divided in different classes which makes it impossible to switch to another day in same class. Instead of helping us for the mistake, customer support keeps hiding behind the 'there are no tickets in same class' or proposes very high cost for cancellation of half the ticket price per person. Even when we are offering to pay the difference in price or a reasonable fee, the answer stays that they can't help us. As every day has different classes, Thai Airways makes it impossible to switch. This is simply very poor customer service and doesn't help anyone.
RouteBrussels to Bangkok