Thai Airways

"experience was below average"

Trip Verified | I recently flew business class from Bangkok to Phuket. The experience was below average. Firstly the Royal silk lounge was crowded poor service a really poor range of food including slices of pizzas baked last week it seems; Sandwiches that must’ve been prepacked before Christmas and a poor range of drinks. The aircraft itself was a Boeing 747 from the 80s we still had much of the regional equipment including those old red blue green projectors and pulldown screens! Boarding was chaotic with lines all over the place and to check-in staff for around 400 people that each checked your passport before anyone so boarding time to look in excess of 40 minutes. Why Thai would use a 747 to fly just an hour and a little bit more to a domestic location is beyond me. The plane was very tired and really poor entertainment system. There were no headsets and staff said because it was a short flight they would not be providing headsets. We were not offered any alcohol just water ice tea or orange juice. The Steward seems so early and unhappy not the characteristic expectations of Thai airlines. Yes I understand this is a short flight but all that was offered was one choice of meal which was salmon on white bread with wasabi and a side salad. Too bad if you were vegetarian or didn’t like salmon, my partner could not eat anything on this flight because of that choice. No explanation about why that might not of been a few more choices. You think Thai Airways would make it up with some really good service? Know the stewards were a little bit surly and not very happy about doing this service.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the window blinds were lowered"

Trip Verified | My wife and I travelled business class on Thai Airways flight Bangkok to London on Friday 24 January. Despite being a daytime flight leaving Bangkok at 13.20, soon after a nice lunch the window blinds were lowered and cabin lights turn off. When questioned, the excuse from the crew member was ‘some people want to rest’. This ignored the fact that clearly most people didn’t - as could be seen from their active tv screens. And those who did could have used an eye mask rather than have such an unreasonable experience on everyone else. I understand they do the same on the reverse leg, but thankfully we escaped making the discovery. Other than to bring hot towels and give out bags of popcorn, the crew did no more than serve two meals. The rest of the time they hid behind curtains with there being one period of some 4 hours when no one passed through the cabin. And at no point did we receive proactive attention or even have an engaging conversation that would have made us feel welcome and valued. The seats were somewhat narrow, with less than satisfactory control of the recline feature and here was no optional mattress. Having travelled between London and Bangkok every year for the past 8 years, we had decided to try Thai Airways for a change and with positive expectations. Sadly our experience was the very opposite.
RouteBangkok to London

"Very good flight"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Phuket. Flight departed and arrived on time, quality service with a clean plane and a free snack on a flight departing at 9:40 am and arriving at 11:40 am. Very good flight, thank you Thai Airways. Vol parti à l heure et arrivé à l heure, service de qualité avec un avion propre et une collation offerte sur un vol partant à 9h40 et arrivant à 11h40. Très bon vol, merci Thai Airways
AircraftA320-200
RouteChiang Mai to Phuket
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Sydney. Thai Airways is the worst airline I have flown. How old are their international fleet? I could not sit in the seat without a pillow behind my lower back. The staff were rude to me. The inflight entertainment and my food were both mediocre.
RouteBangkok to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"second flight will be cancelled"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket booked for June 2020. I have a return flight and if I don't show up for my first flight the second flight will be cancelled. I advised that I cannot make the first flight and they will not allow me to travel on my return sector. The only way a customer can avoid this type of issue is to purchase individual tickets for each sector.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Staff was very friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Suratthani. My flight only one hour but I feel very happy, Comfortable and had a good memory In time, Staff was very friendly and beautiful. Snack was very delicious.
RouteBangkok to Suratthani

Thai Airways customer review

Not Verified | Normally I go BA but due to the stopover in Bali opted for Thai Airways. Really good on board entertainment. Staff are so lovely and friendly. It is a really long flight and they helped by constantly giving use refreshments and drink along with fantastically tasty food, I had panag curry which is a nut curry that is amazing. Apart from Thai Airways I always leave a flight feeling more tired than when I got on but with this flight I was so well rested as there was plenty of space nice pillow and seat reclined to a comfy angle so I got plenty of good rest. Every opportunity I will be using Thai Airways.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Bali

"Everything was perfect"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. I was really surprised. Everything was perfect - welcoming, stewards, food and drinks, films and music. I really enjoyed this nine hours flight. Very comfortable.
RouteVienna to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2019

"friendly crew service and good food"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kolkata and return from Delhi with Thai Airways. The flights on A350 and B787 equipment were very pleasant, with friendly cabin crew, a smooth check-in process, comfortable lounges, and much tastier vegetarian meals than are usually served in the air. All flights operated on time. The aircraft were clean and the seats comfortable, though it's worth noting that the B787 used on regional services has 2-2-2 seating in Business, compared with 1-2-1 on the A350 used for longhaul services. On the downside, we had bus transfers in Bangkok on the outward journey, and the boarding process at Bangkok was chaotic both times, with no clear queue for Business Class passengers among all the people milling around in the departure lounge. Also, on the older B777 aircraft between Bangkok and Kolkata the IFE was not working at all and the seats were hard and uncomfortable. This was partly compensated for by the friendly crew service and good food. Overall we enjoyed flying with Thai and would happily do it again.
AircraftA350, Boeing 777, Boeing 787
RouteDelhi to Melbourne via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"an amazing fligh"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Phuket. Thank you for an amazing flight! I have never felt that comfortable on an airplane, given, it was a long 12hrs flight. Delicious food, lovely cabin crew, punctual departures. When flying to Thailand I will always choose Thai airways.
RouteFrankfurt to Phuket