Thai Airways

"A very underrated flagship"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi. All in all, I would definitely fly this airline again. In fact, I'm going to actively try to book it over others when I'm going back to Thailand or its neighbors assuming the price difference is minimal. Check in was smooth in Manila airport despite a decent sized queue and not too early-just on time arrival in the terminal. Boarding and sitting was pretty organized. The plane was well maintained and I enjoyed the leg room considering I bought a fare that was around the price of a budget flier. The crew was not just efficient in service but very helpful in the passengers' needs. Meals were enjoyable and I actually finished the rice. (I usually skip it and just eat the main itself). IEM was alright, a bit above average I would say. You can tell they update it. My one hiccup is it was pain to reach customer service(at least in the Philippines) before my flight as I had wanted to make adjustments. For whatever reason, I find Thai Airways to have a certain character and charm to it in every step, I guess just like their home country. From their very accommodating crew to the plane itself. A very underrated flagship.
RouteManila to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"disappointed by the attitude"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City via Bangkok. The first flight from Chiang Mai was late, when we arrive the gate closed and staffs at the gate advice to contact transfer desk. That's when we feel really disappointed by the attitude of staff. They say, "you come back tomorrow, no more flight today". Only when I ask where can we stay, they pointing their finger upstair. Then they tell us step aside for next customer?
RouteChiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City via Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"experience was below average"

Trip Verified | I recently flew business class from Bangkok to Phuket. The experience was below average. Firstly the Royal silk lounge was crowded poor service a really poor range of food including slices of pizzas baked last week it seems; Sandwiches that must’ve been prepacked before Christmas and a poor range of drinks. The aircraft itself was a Boeing 747 from the 80s we still had much of the regional equipment including those old red blue green projectors and pulldown screens! Boarding was chaotic with lines all over the place and to check-in staff for around 400 people that each checked your passport before anyone so boarding time to look in excess of 40 minutes. Why Thai would use a 747 to fly just an hour and a little bit more to a domestic location is beyond me. The plane was very tired and really poor entertainment system. There were no headsets and staff said because it was a short flight they would not be providing headsets. We were not offered any alcohol just water ice tea or orange juice. The Steward seems so early and unhappy not the characteristic expectations of Thai airlines. Yes I understand this is a short flight but all that was offered was one choice of meal which was salmon on white bread with wasabi and a side salad. Too bad if you were vegetarian or didn’t like salmon, my partner could not eat anything on this flight because of that choice. No explanation about why that might not of been a few more choices. You think Thai Airways would make it up with some really good service? Know the stewards were a little bit surly and not very happy about doing this service.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the window blinds were lowered"

Trip Verified | My wife and I travelled business class on Thai Airways flight Bangkok to London on Friday 24 January. Despite being a daytime flight leaving Bangkok at 13.20, soon after a nice lunch the window blinds were lowered and cabin lights turn off. When questioned, the excuse from the crew member was ‘some people want to rest’. This ignored the fact that clearly most people didn’t - as could be seen from their active tv screens. And those who did could have used an eye mask rather than have such an unreasonable experience on everyone else. I understand they do the same on the reverse leg, but thankfully we escaped making the discovery. Other than to bring hot towels and give out bags of popcorn, the crew did no more than serve two meals. The rest of the time they hid behind curtains with there being one period of some 4 hours when no one passed through the cabin. And at no point did we receive proactive attention or even have an engaging conversation that would have made us feel welcome and valued. The seats were somewhat narrow, with less than satisfactory control of the recline feature and here was no optional mattress. Having travelled between London and Bangkok every year for the past 8 years, we had decided to try Thai Airways for a change and with positive expectations. Sadly our experience was the very opposite.
RouteBangkok to London

"Very good flight"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Phuket. Flight departed and arrived on time, quality service with a clean plane and a free snack on a flight departing at 9:40 am and arriving at 11:40 am. Very good flight, thank you Thai Airways. Vol parti à l heure et arrivé à l heure, service de qualité avec un avion propre et une collation offerte sur un vol partant à 9h40 et arrivant à 11h40. Très bon vol, merci Thai Airways
AircraftA320-200
RouteChiang Mai to Phuket
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Sydney. Thai Airways is the worst airline I have flown. How old are their international fleet? I could not sit in the seat without a pillow behind my lower back. The staff were rude to me. The inflight entertainment and my food were both mediocre.
RouteBangkok to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"second flight will be cancelled"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket booked for June 2020. I have a return flight and if I don't show up for my first flight the second flight will be cancelled. I advised that I cannot make the first flight and they will not allow me to travel on my return sector. The only way a customer can avoid this type of issue is to purchase individual tickets for each sector.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Staff was very friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Suratthani. My flight only one hour but I feel very happy, Comfortable and had a good memory In time, Staff was very friendly and beautiful. Snack was very delicious.
RouteBangkok to Suratthani

Thai Airways customer review

Not Verified | Normally I go BA but due to the stopover in Bali opted for Thai Airways. Really good on board entertainment. Staff are so lovely and friendly. It is a really long flight and they helped by constantly giving use refreshments and drink along with fantastically tasty food, I had panag curry which is a nut curry that is amazing. Apart from Thai Airways I always leave a flight feeling more tired than when I got on but with this flight I was so well rested as there was plenty of space nice pillow and seat reclined to a comfy angle so I got plenty of good rest. Every opportunity I will be using Thai Airways.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Bali

"Everything was perfect"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. I was really surprised. Everything was perfect - welcoming, stewards, food and drinks, films and music. I really enjoyed this nine hours flight. Very comfortable.
RouteVienna to Bangkok