Thai Airways

"a fair way below pre pandemic times"

Trip Verified | On flight to and from Perth to Thailand, on both flights the seats would not lock in position. I think these sort of things need to be sorted out. I realise Thai Airways are struggling at the moment but basic easy to fix issues like this should not happen. Entertainment system onboard has very limited selection but after all said and done you are there for travel not going to cinema. Hopefully this will improve. The aircraft are looking very tired and could do with a good spit and polish inside. Basically the standard is a fair way below pre pandemic times. Needs investment so it can fairly represent beautiful Thailand.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"old Boeing 777 with very good seat pitch"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | First part Bangalore-Bangkok, red-eye flight. An old Boeing 777 but with very good seat pitch. Appropriate and tasty meal, generous (no problem getting a second round, was hungry) and got several rounds of drinks. Transfer in Bangkok as always with messy and unfriendly security check and onward flight to Jakarta with an Airbus 350. Good breakfast served. On both flights very friendly crew, welcoming and proactive. As Gold Star Alliance member I could try their new lounge in BKK, a big improvement!
AircraftBoeing 777/A350
RouteBangalore to Jakarta via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Wouldn’t be in a hurry to fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Thai Airways was once such a reputable airline. Planes are now outdated and poorly cleaned. Food was terrible, flight was delayed and the on boarding and off boarding was chaotic at best. Wouldn’t be in a hurry to fly with them again!
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | After reading lots of reviews I was worried about my upcoming flight from MEL-BKK and then a few days later BKK-SIN on Thai yet fortunately I was pleasantly surprised. The Air NZ lounge on departure from MEL was fantastic! The service was excellent the crew could not have been more attentive and really made up for the hard product issues. The seat and service were great with the only negatives being no Internet and the IFE which was extremely limited and well below what’s expected at this price point. But as I said the crew service saved the day!
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"service getting very poor"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Munich. Next time another airline. The service is getting very poor. Just one drink each meal, no extra drinks. I'm 192 cm. Get at almost every airline emergency seat. Thai Airways want now 3100 baht almost 100 euros extra. Flight was much more than other airlines and now have less of what you get. I was flying 5 time a year with Thai Airways. In total 15 years. Next time I will book with another airline, they not only save money.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Thank you for a wonderful flight"

Trip Verified | You already feel that you are in Thailand with the warm welcome of the cabin crew. Also the way they help parents with kids, Thai crew did it with their hearts. I always fly with Thai airways whenever I have a chance to. Thank you for a wonderful flight.
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Check-in for business is slower than economy"

Trip Verified | London to Singapore via Bangkok. Rubbish. Check-in for business is slower than economy. You will be woken up as window passengers have to climb over you to get out. Feels like easyJet
RouteLondon to Singapore via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"been the most terrible experience"

Trip Verified | I was offered a water or juice when on board. I had to insist on champagne and when it did come it wasn't cold. very poor catering in the business lounge even down to cheap tasting low quality shrimp dim sum. Sandwiches with dry bread and ham or cheese. No menu of drinks at the bar and unfriendly staff and a poorly stocked bar. Lots of lounges closed so miles to get from the lounge to the boarding gates, luggage loading delayed flight by 30 minutes. Several online Payment issues when paying online including once taking money twice and took a month to refund the duplicate payment, then once taking money but not reissuing the ticket until i complained . i was even asked to send proof of the payment which is appalling when the money had been sent 3 days prior. Massive Price hikes when i changed my ticket both in Economy and business class, adding crazy amounts of tax higher than the ticket change itself. No one available to speak to in person in any of your call center including Bangkok and days to get an answer from anyone. In fact it took over 2 weeks to get an answer at one point. Also no number locally in UK to speak to someone. Only email. Really it has been the most terrible experience.
RouteManila to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I had a great flight with them"

Trip Verified | Reading some average reviews recently wasn't too sure about Thai Airways, but I had a great flight with them. Check in was fast and efficient as was boarding, on board the Thai product is still great. The cabin crew so friendly and service was attentive, meal was delicious and enough entertainment for this short 2hr hop. Only down side was the baggage delay in BKK.
RouteJakarta to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Incredible downgrade of quality"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Incredible downgrade of quality. After wait 2 years for using my voucher due to cancelled flight, I'm very disappointed by this airline when I look his quality before covid crisis and what give now. Check-in and boarding in Brussels is completely crazy, one queue only for people making or not I-checkin, boarding, indication of boarding rows on a A4 sheet writing. After a poor food served after take-off, no see any hostess or steward in the flight for giving food or beverage during 11h flight. I must call attendant to receive one orange juice. IFE very poor about films, music and no on board internet. Just before landing, one breakfast without any choice (omelet) served without any spice or salt, really no flavour. Very disappointing and last flight for me with Thai Airways.
RouteBrussels to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the crew were energetic"

Trip Verified | The aircraft was fully booked but the crew were energetic, working fast. The food was fast served as well as drinks. I had very short time of transit but as I arrived my destination, my baggage was also arrived in time which is not always the case for the moment.
RouteMunich to Chiang Mai via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"things seem to have disappeared from Thai service"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | I chose Thai Airways because i had really positive experiences in the past. I even paid a bit extra to fly with them over Lufthansa. First time where i was disappointed with Thai Compared to some years ago, below are a list of things that seem to have disappeared from Thai service. Hot towel, pre meal snack has gone. No newspaper. Individual air vents, the new planes don't have any. No snacks / drinks on all night flight, no drink refill / second round, no bottle of water in the back of the seat. IFE seemed disappointing. Especially the selection of music. Selection of movies was ok. IFE on the Boeing 777 did not work well, on the A350 it worked ok. Inflight magazine has gone The flight was delayed by over an hour. I made my connection in Munich, but i was the last passenger to board. At the gate in BKK there is no water fountain / drinks for sale. The recline on the seat was poor and the seat felt narrow. The toilets on the flight were good. A blanket and small pillow where provided.
Date FlownJuly 2022

"there is no consistency with their product"

Not Verified | This was the fourth long haul flight I have taken with Thai Airways in the last three months. I can say there is no consistency with their product. Every flight has been completely different. For example all the other flights you had wine with your meal then a drink afterwards. Although they had wine on the trolley they wouldn’t let you have a glass. This time you was allowed a maximum of 2 beers. Which for a 12 hour it’s rather stringent. I found the flight attendants to be unfriendly and not willing to help. Food quality was ok. Movie choice not great. Still the direct route is convenient.
AircraftBoeing 777-300er
RouteBangkok to London Heathrow
Date FlownJune 2022

"still disappointed by the poor standard of food served"

Not Verified | After reading so many angry review about Thai refusing to honour previously booked flight credits, we were happy just to finally board and take off after two years. We weren't surprised but still disappointed by the poor standard of food served and by the little things such as packaged towelettes instead of real hot or cold towels. It seems a miracle that the airline is still able to operate. The IFE wasn't too bad especially if you're not a regular cinema goer. Dune was a welcome addition but the line hasn't changed much over the last few years. The service by the cabin crew was excellent as always. The BKK to CDG leg had the new seat configuration where everyone is at an angle. The seat is much harder but on this flight a mattress was provided. I think I prefer the other seat type. The business class lounge at BKK was disappointing. Our flight to CDG left at midnight leaving us with a 7 hour transit. No showers were available then or 7 weeks later! The chairs were comfy for a few hours but not for a long stopover. The food options however were far better than the inflight catering. There was no business class lounge available at CDG due to renovations but I suspect it's another cost cutting measure like the soft drinks only policy prior to take off and alcohol served only during meals. Our main complaint was the number of changes made to our original post Covid booking and the terrible customer service from their Sydney office. Numerous unanswered phone calls, messages and emails.
RouteSydney to Paris via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2022

"company is letting them down"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok. I traveled with my wife who is Thai, I am British. Firstly I made a mistake with my booking and I understand that that was my fault but I was charged heavily. What was more frustrating was that I could not contact the airline personally by email as they did not respond. The telephone number supplied did not work either. To top that off my THAI wife got allocated 30kg of Luggage and me 20kg? We were sat together and checked in together and the check in staff just shrugged their shoulders and said "We have no control over that". I usually fly Korean Air (recommend) but this was my first of many trips to Thailand so I thought I would fly with the National carrier. Never again. No wonder they are going under when they need customers post covid I will say that the onboard staff were great though. The company is letting them down.
Date FlownMay 2022

"I am not flying Thai again"

Trip Verified | Cannot contact them by phone for rebooking; you have to do it by email (UK) -- I have done this several times and sometimes they reply after 48 hours but sometimes it takes them 5 days. They have a phone number for their Manila operations but you only get a recorded message; their Manila airport number, which the recorded message said you could call on certain days, just kept ringing. I even phoned their Bangkok number from Manila -- and just got an automated message. They blame the pandemic for this but why are some airlines able to provide good customer service despite their staff still working from home? London-Bangkok-London flight used their new Boeing 777 (with first class cabin) but I could not see any difference in economy with their older Boeing 777 (Bangkok-Manila-Bangkok). Toilets were kept clean on all legs, and because it had fewer economy seats (3-3-3), there were hardly any queues for the toilets. Food is horrible. London-Bangkok-London leg: a 12-journey we were served only two meals, ie not a hot sandwich snack in between. We were not given a choice for breakfast: on both outbound and inbound flights, we were served the same thing -- chicken sausage, scrambled eggs and potatoes. For the dinner)I had green chicken curry -- it was not that good by Thailand standards but at least I could eat it. I am not a finicky eater, and I have come to expect airline food to not be delicious. I have flown Thai two years before and had a good experience with them (good food, service), which was why I chose to fly with them again. The flight crew were attentive, but it would be better if they could serve the drinks as they serve the meal. At Thai, by the time the drinks trolley arrives, you have already finished eating your meal. Thank goodness they have bottled water that comes with the meal tray. I am not flying Thai again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Manila via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2022

"not choose Thai Airways for future travel"

Trip Verified | Not recommended. Thai Airways sells this as a direct flight but it lands in Phuket where you have to disembark, go through security again and wait another 45 min to reboard to Sydney. Add to this poor cabin service and annoyances like in flight entertainment being suspended 30 minutes before landing and I would not choose Thai Airways for future travel.
Date FlownJune 2022

"service lack the basics"

Trip Verified | Flight was expensive, Thai Airways required Covid Health insurance cost over $50 per person. The plane was outdated, lavatory was very basic, food was poor quality without choice, plastic cutlery. Extremely low on staff, no one attended the request on multiple occasion. No wifi and basic entertainment. In summary Thai Airways service lack the basics.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownMay 2022

"confidence with them has been restored"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | It's been a few years since I last flew with Thai Airways. My impression of their business class had been subpar, in terms of food and hardware. In this trip they have redeemed themselves. The 787 business class has a 2x2x2 configuration, a little old school but fine nonetheless. What impressed me was the level of service and the improvement of food and drinks. On this short 2 hour flight, we were well fed (food was delicious and portion generous), and drinks were regularly topped up, it was a full flight too! My confidence with them has been restored.
Date FlownApril 2022

"I'll avoid this airline in the future"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight to Bangkok spontaneously (the next day) and only learned later that it's impossible to apply for the Thailand pass on such short notice. The person from the Thai airways ticketing center did not mention this. When I arrived at the airport the next day my Thailand pass was still under review and the counter staff did not let me board the flight. She told me to wait and rebook the flight later if the pass is not approved in time. I waited at the counter and when the flight had left, the same person told me to call the ticketing hotline and rebook the flight. When I explained the situation to the ticketing center, they told me I have to pay an additional 220USD "no-show" penalty for "missing" my flight which the counter staff hasn't mentioned to me. The whole trip was very chaotic based on this lack of information and I'll avoid this airline in the future.
RouteTokyo to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2022

"an obvious downgrade in service level"

Trip Verified | The Boeing 787 looked shabby externally when it landed from Bangkok, with a very faded livery. Internally it was much the same and everything looked rather worn and unkempt, including some sticking tape holding part of the seat edge together on row 41. Washrooms were not what I would call clean. Food was so-so; two meals at start and approx. 3 hours out from London, plus a very odd tasting egg sandwich at about 6 hours in. Crew were friendly but not attentive; crew call button was never responded to on the three attempts I tried at various points throughout the flight. Mask wearing was not enforced despite several PA announcements. Garbage wasn't collected, nor were items such as blankets. In general I dislike the Dreamliner and try and avoid flying it (which is getting harder to do): 9 seats abreast feels a real squeeze in economy and the toilets are tiny and too few. The difference between the Thai 787 and the Emirates A380 and 777 on the outward journey was stark, both in terms of cabin comfort and service levels. Thai used to be great, but an obvious downgrade in service level, combined with operation of the 787 means a poorer travel experience. I'm wondering what their A380 offering is like?
RoutePhuket to London
Date FlownApril 2022

"Thai Airways as we remember it is no more"

Trip Verified | Thai Airways always had subpar operations but at least they had good food, relatively spacious cabin, and smiling (if not the most efficient) staff. After the pandemic, even the few remaining strengths have now disappeared. From my experience from my last interaction I can safely say that Thai Airways as we remember it is no more. It is now one of the worst airlines in Asia. This is why - my flight got delayed but no one at the check-in counter mentioned that and there was no status change when I checked online. After waiting 3.5 hours, the flight was delayed a further 3 hours. Again, no emails or texts - just the airport screen showing the update. Then the flight suddenly got cancelled. Again no communication from Thai in this regard. No Thai staff to be seen anywhere at the Chennai airport and we could not exit the security area so no way for us to contact Thai. I made three international calls from my mobile just to connect with Thai Airways in Bangkok. The saddest part was that their customer service people said they had no way to contact their staff in Chennai. That's when I knew Thai had hit bottom. Their local phone lines are literally disconnected and the staff "helping" me at the airport were wearing Air India uniforms. Only airline in the world which abruptly cancels their flight but their website even after 48 hours shows the flight took off and landed on time! If I get a refund I will be lucky.
RouteChennai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2022

"I have yet to receive my refund"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with Thai Airways in Nov 2021. Shortly after I booked the flight was cancelled by the airlines. I contacted them to request a refund, which was "approved" and I was told it would take 45-90 working days for a refund. It is now April 2022 and I have yet to receive my refund, despite following up multiple times with the airline. I don't understand why it would take over 5 months to refund my credit card.
RoutePhuket to Chiang Mai

"I did expect better"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying since COVID and I was a little disappointed. The aircraft was only just over 6 years old and wasn’t in the best kept condition. Economy was quite empty on this flight. You could see that the airline had spread passengers about which was great as you have to do a PCR test upon arrival. Food was lovely I must admit. If you wanted anything outside of service it was a long wait, although staff were pleasant. No WiFi, which I was surprised at. Don’t get me wrong it’s not the bee all and end all. The convenience on a direct flight is always a key factor when flying, but I did expect better. It wasn’t horrific, but just wasn’t what I’ve come to expect from Thai Airways.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
Date FlownMarch 2022

"chasing refund with no response"

Trip Verified | We booked our trip to fly to Chennai, India on 8th Jan 2922 and to return journey via Bangkok on 21st Jan. From Dec2021 we were contacted by Thai Airways infirming us of changing flight schedule multiple times, different versions in the morning which would be changed in the evening. Frustrated with these changes and uncertainty in their schedule we asked for cancellation. This was orally agreed. They also informed us refund will come through in 8 weeks time. We sent a cancellation request in email too. .. no response to that though. We have been chasing refund with no response, neither an email response or on phone.
RouteSydney to Bangkok via Chennai

"Very nice staff"

Not Verified | Very nice staff, they are polite and helpful, Service is a bit slow, but its fine. Inflight entertainment system is not laggy and is good. The food and beverages are amazing. Seat is a bit uncomfortable (in economy). But everything else is good. I definitely recommend this airline.
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"be careful with your purchases with Thai Airways"

Trip Verified | A week ago I received an email notifying me that Thai Airway changed the first leg of my flight returning to France on 30 April 2022 with up to 14hr layover. My original flight left Phnom Penh at 21.15 pm, arrived in Bangkok at 22.55pm and connected to the following long flight to Paris departing at 00.05 am. And now the proposed change means I am supposed to leave Phnom Penh at 9.40 am, meaning 12 hours before than planned and with the prospect of spending 14 hours in the Bangkok airport waiting for my next flight to Paris! As you can imagine, this is highly crazy because I won't be allowed to leave the airport given that Thailand has one of the most restrictive covid-related policies for travellers. I wrote straight away to Thai Airways' customer service seeking for a solution and for a week they have not answered my emails. This is not admissible, please be careful with your purchases with Thai Airways.
RoutePhnom Penh to Paris via Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2022

"never felt so frustrated and helpless"

Trip Verified | The worst Customer service ever. I understand my flight got cancelled multiple times and I was forced to stay in Thailand for 24 hours on my expenses because my mom was getting her surgery done and I had no choice but to do that to reach to my home country on time. On my return my ticket again got cancelled multiple times, I told the customer care to arrange something for me as I have to go back and start a new job and if I will not be back on tie, I will end up losing it but I got no response at all. I sent multiple emails to customer care to organise my refund on time so I can at least by myself another ticket but they sent no response. They finally acknowledged my email and said this is wrong department and send it to Sydney customer service instead of pro actively taking its responsibility. It has been 2 long months, I would have sent them so many email for the return of the money but they have not acknowledged me. I will never travel with THAI again for the unprofessional behavior they have shown. I am sure there will be many people out there suffering like me because of there laid back attitude or not taking customers seriously. I have never felt so frustrated and helpless.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi via Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2021

"not satisfied with the service"

Not Verified | I'm not satisfied with the service of this airline. I paid for a flex flight ticket and changed my flight twice. I had to pay each time and ended up paying more than if i had just booked single flights. What's the point of paying more for a flex ticket if you end up not being able to change flights free if charge.
RouteZürich to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2021

"very satisfied with the flight"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Very good service. Very friendly and caring flight attendants. The aircraft was new and clean. Toilets were always clean. Food was delicious. Overall, very satisfied with the flight.
RouteBangkok to Taipei
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"They took care everything"

Not Verified | On the Flight from London to BKK on Feb 01,2022 I lost the wallet in the plane. I do not know how to speak English as well. I would like say thank to the Lost & found department as well as Thai Airways team who found the Wallet and brought the wallet to the Gate, as I transit in BKK then take another Airlines to Vietnam. They are amazing and supportive. They took care everything. I just need to wait for them in boarding gate then they brought the wallet for me.
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"crew were attentive, courteous, professional"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I flew Thai before covid and with the threat of bankruptcy cancelled most flights to Europe. I was devastated when they stopped all flights. Although some European airlines I have used are generally good (flight crews), Thai has always stood out for me for the quality of their crew and service. And a big call out to the Milan Thai customer call centre who were the best and most efficient people I talked to. Fast response, polite and proactive unlike many others. This flight on 10th February from Malpensa to Frankfurt (Lufthansa) to Bangkok was superb. The crew were attentive, courteous, professional and worked as a team. The landing as my seat neighbor also stated was gentle just like its staff. Food and alcoholic drinks were limited in choice but this is a great airline that is starting to recover. Thank you for this great experience. I am glad you are back and wish you strength and success. I have just booked a flight back to Europe with you.
RouteMilan to Frankfurt via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"been 1 month they are ignoring"

Trip Verified | I book a Thai airways ticket fro Kathmandu to Sydney, I got a notice later that trip from Kathmandu to Bangkok was cancelled. Later know that Thai airways was never operating from Kathmandu to Bangkok now day. I asked a refund but it has been 1 month they are ignoring.
RouteKathmandu to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Service on first leg was very poor"

Trip Verified | My route was SYD-CPH via BKK return. With the exception of a tasty curry, every meal ranged from typical airline food (ie, quite awful) to inedible. One glass of wine with the meal was the only alcohol served. Entertainment was hardly entertaining. Choice was very limited (eg Music channel consisted of 5 pod casts and one Thai Airways music selection). Movies were very old, no games or puzzles. The most entertaining screen was the live map which I viewed on-and-off for 19 hours. Service on first leg was very poor. Eg, when service manager was asked by a passenger if he had a pen for the disembarkation form he answered "no" and walked off. Other legs it was much better. No on-board duty free sales. Ground staff in CPH gave wrong information. Is this typical of Thai Airways or the new Covid airline?
RouteCopenhagen to Sydney via Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I will never fly with them again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | 2 years after bankruptcy and 2 years into COVID you would have thought TG would have taken the opportunity to address their customer service weaknesses… sadly not… flying fewer planes they are even worse than before, nothing has changed. It remains an airline run for the staff and not for the passengers. Check in was a car crash in a half built check in area. When we got to the gate, the usual performance, 1 person checking tickets, 4 people standing around looking important and a huge queue of fare paying customers going nowhere. I think it was their only international flight that evening and guess what we took off late - nothing changes. On the aircraft, on the short hop to Phuket we weren’t offered a glass of water; interestingly the spare flight deck officer got a lovely meal, drink and attention from the crew, people paying for the seat got nothing. The airline is awful and has made no attempt to improve itself, unless I am in an absolute emergency I will never fly with them again.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they wouldn't refund me"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | My flight for 21st November from Taipei to Bangkok was cancelled for 3 times, and Thai Airways resisted that since the ticket I bought was not refundable, they wouldn't refund me even it's Thai airways cancelled the flights without any reasons given.
RouteTaipei to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2021

"1 year since I have asked for refund"

Trip Verified | The airline changed the route and I cancelled the flight and asked for full ticket refund, and it is 1 year since I have asked for refund (including numerous e-mails, phone messages, and many phone calls, and I have a full detailed record of all that) and nothing happened. I believe that what the Airline is doing is not logical nor it is credible.
RouteSydney to Vienna via Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"seem to to be using COVID as an excuse to cut all costs"

Not Verified | Honestly the worst flight (from booking through to landing) that I have ever had. Before flight needed to contact Thai Airways and all their phone lines are completely closed due to Covid. Only way to contact them is through email which they do not reply (still not received any reply after 6 weeks to an email sent before this flight) or Facebook messenger where they are unable to help with anything anyway. This fact alone should stop anyone booking with Thai Airways in the current Covid situation as if anything goes wrong that requires you to contact Thai Airways (which in the current situation is always a fairly high possibility) there is literally no way to contact them. As a comparison with my recent flight with Singapore Airlines they replied to emails within the hour, and phone calls within 2 minutes. Then the flight - Seats are the usual Thai Airways business class product. Nowhere near the best, but not bad and as expected. However for a 12 hour flight there was no inflight entertainment. Apparently due to risk of covid from people touching the screens. (Obviously that is completely different from people touching seats or trays). Far more important for safety should have been the used washbag that was still in my seat when I sat down, and the rubbish in my wife’s seat. Clearly Thai Airways cleaning measures during COVID are inferior to other airlines cleaning measures during normal times, let alone in the current situation. No WiFi. Didn't bother me as I rarely drink alcohol on planes, but for information purposes there is no alcohol available apparently due to Covid. Again for comparison Singapore Airlines inflight entertainment currently works fine. Clearly just a cost cutting measure from an airline in financial trouble. Which when paying a normal Business Class fare is just completely unacceptable. Poor quality food (economy class meal standard). Main served mostly cold. Of course being served on one tray is understandable in the situation, but what is not understandable is the pathetic quality. Again other airlines are still managing to serve good quality food. They frankly just seem to to be using COVID as an excuse to cut all costs and offer an appalling business product The only good thing that could be said about the whole experience is as usual the cabin crew were generally friendly when they were actually in the cabin. But that obviously does not make up for appalling food, no entertainment on a 12 hour Business Class Flight, no ability to contact anyone at the airline by phone to make changes to tickets (something that is actually more important during the current COVID situation, not less so), tired and worn seat, poor boarding procedures, uncompetitive carry on luggage for business class etc. Used to be a good airline (I have flown them many times before in First, Business and also Economy) but they have gone so far downhill I will never be flying them again unless I have a flight for which it is completely unavoidable. Would recommend people avoid them at all costs.
Date FlownApril 2021

"Flight was excellent"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok. Thank you so much Thai Airways for this special charter flight and for getting all the teachers back into Thailand. Flight was excellent; on time with excellent food. No alcohol due to Covid presumably. IFE a bit sparse but just about adequate. Toilets generally kept clean. Friendly and efficient crew.
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"cannot fault Thai Airways product"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Rome in January 2020.. I used my Royal Orchid Plus gold Frequent-flier upgrade to fly business class on this flight. I had reserved the meals onboard before checking in, as Thai have a small menu for business class fliers to choose from. Check in at Bangkok airport was very well appointed, with sit-down check in desks at Row A in Suvarnabhumi Airport. Even though they’re not part of the same alliance, they even checked my luggage through on Alitalia. Private security and immigration for biz/first is such a treat, i was through in seconds. Then you’re directly down an escalator to the Royal Orchid Lounge. It’s an amazing lounge, they even include a 30 minute free massage for biz passengers, and I recommend heading to the spa first thing before heading to the lounge to reserve your spa appointment. Boarding was done by bus and stairs, and we pushed back on time. Before pushback a flight attendant came around and greeted us by name. She confirmed my meal order and asked my mum what she would like for dinner. I found out from a friend flying to Brussels that all flights to Europe get the exact same choices when he sent me a picture of his dinner. Some interesting welcome drinks were bought to you, a choice of tamarind ice tea, champagne, and a Thai floral drink I cannot remember the name of. All flights had a very light load, and I switched seats for sleeping/eating. The first course was foie gras terrine, followed by a Thai main course which I preordered, spicy shrimp coconut curry, served with a beef pho-style broth, and steamed veggies. It was just what I wanted. Comfort food. There was a small dessert before I dozed off. Before landing the flight attendant woke me up and promptly served a plate of cold cuts and cheese, but I wasn’t full so I asked for the Thai breakfast, boiled rice soup with Shrimp and pork meatballs. On the return flight I had a veal dish for lunch, and Thai style omelette with boiled rice soup and chicken for breakfast, the veal dish was quite exquisite but the breakfast is easily described as comfort food for me. The new dishware is quite bleak. Service on the flights were immaculate. Very prompt as you should be on a late night flight, a full meal service finished an hour after takeoff. Day flights are a little less rushed. The flight attendants are courteous and professional. The seat is very comfortable and Thai provide a mattress cover which makes the bed more comfortable. The footwell is also quite large. Ground service in Rome was very nice, the Alitalia lounge was very good. However I’d recommend taking a detour to the D gates and going to the Star Alliance Lounge in Fiumicino Airport. It’s got very nice views of the airport. Overall I cannot fault Thai Airways product.
RouteBangkok to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"welcome us onboard with smile"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Bali on Thai Boeing 777, the plane seat was very comfortable the food was great. I also had a time to use the inflight entertainment. Sadly, the flight time to Bali was only 4 hrs. The cabin crew welcome us onboard with smile.
RouteBangkok to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2019

"charge me $150 to get my refund"

Trip Verified | I book at ticket with Thai, but then informed (not by Thai, but by a friend) that I need a negative COVID test, which you can't get cause you can't get tested. I have a doctors certificate stating I am healthy and not showing symptoms, but this isn't enough and I'm not allowed on the flight. When I then ask for a refund, Thai charge me $150 to get my refund. This is completely ridiculous as I did not choose to cancel my flight, I was not allowed on the flight! I had to buy another ticket with another airline because Thai wouldn't allow me.
RouteMelbourne to Copenhagen via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2020

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Whilst on my holiday in Bangkok, Thai Airways changed my flight from 28.3.2020 00.01 am to 29.3.2020 7.20 am changing my flight from TG483 to TG481 with no consent and no prior communication. As soon as I received an e-mail notifying me about this change, I contacted Thai airways via e-mail stating we could not fly on the 29th so the flight would have to be moved to the 25th or the 27th. I sent this same e-mail to 4 different email addresses to not receive a reply for 4 days - ended up having a reply from the Sydney office. I explained the situation and asked for the 29th flight that we couldn’t take to be moved to an earlier date with a few options and again didn't receive a reply for a another few days! and the reply I received kept stating that Thai airways would be cancelling flights from 27th march onwards. If that were the case, why couldn’t Thai airways accommodate my request of simply changing the 29th flight to an earlier date? At this point I had to book and pay for another flight departing on the 25th. I had to also call the 24 hour line multiple times to have an automated message inform me the call will drop out after 15 minutes at the same time stating the wait time was 27 minutes, I had the hotel call to try and speak to someone who knew anything and could possibly help only to be hung up on and told 'I can help you', you need to contact the Perth office when I return to Australia '. To this day I still have no reply from any of my e-mails I sent trying to correct flights from the date of change on 18 March 2020 and I had relentlessly been trying. Such poor customer service and showed no care for rectifying any issues they have caused or even a response for clarity.
Date FlownApril 2020

"cancelled due to coronavirus"

Trip Verified | Flights were cancelled due to coronavirus which is understandable but the lack of communication is terrible. I have been mailing for 1.5 months and no zero response. What a bad customer service.
RouteMunich to Hanoi via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"it could be so much better"

Not Verified | Bangkok to London. Pros - Check-in smooth and efficient. Comfortable seat, good friendly efficient cabin crew. Flight was smooth and uneventful. Cons - Entertainment was not as varied as some (could take lessons from Emirates, Qatar and EVA) with poor choice of music and almost all TV shows were American - don't Thai know there are very good TV shows made in other English speaking countries?. Food was tasty and hot but portions were small. No menu cards offered so, didn't know what was being served until cabin crew offered "chicken or pork"? No mention of other items on the food tray. Mid flight sandwiches were kept in galley and not offered to seated passengers. At no point (other than meal times) did cabin crew come round offering drinks. Thai isn't a bad airline but, with simple attention to detail it could be so much better and only then would it be a real challenger to Emirates, Qatar or EVA. As it stands Thai lags behind the opposition.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"staff are polite and helpful"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bangkok. Thai Airways staff are polite and helpful. Aircraft very clean. Departure and arrival on time. I loved the video of Thai for safety. The seats are big. They use 3 seats in every line, so much more space.

"kind flight attendants"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. Flying with Thai airways International was an amazing experience, even, when I was in economy class. We have kind flight attendants and very good meal on both my flights from Vienna to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and back. Recommend it
RouteVienna to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Manila to Bangkok was cancelled"

Trip Verified | London to Manila via Bangkok. I had the reservation to fly back on 2nd February 2020. My flight on the 2nd of Feb 2020 from Manila to Bangkok was cancelled after several hours of delays. Passengers including me were allowed inside the aircraft and made to wait for a long time before it was cancelled. We were not given proper updates while we waited at the gate to board the aircraft. Only a ground staff when I asked personally, told me that there is a fuel leak and the engineers were working to fix the problem. The departure was scheduled for 1910 hours. At around 2100 hours, we were given a sandwich each and a drink. Then, for the next eight hours (0500 Hours on 3rd Feb 2020), I had not had another drink. We were made to wait for hours for the bus to take us to the hotel. Bus took over an hour to depart from the airport. After reaching the hotel, it took another hour or more to get us into the lobby of the hotel, as we were told to remain in the bus. Some people got out to buy snacks against your staff’s instructions. At 0500 I got into my hotel room. Breakfast was open from 6am. We were told to check out of the rooms by 2pm and the flight was supposed to leave at 5pm. We waited until 3:30pm at the lobby of the hotel to be boarded on the bus. After boarding the bus, the driver sat doing nothing. After waiting for over 45 minutes, I asked the driver, what are you waiting for. He said, airline staff. Then he got out of the bus, walked to the reception, returned in 2 minutes and drove us to the airport. There were no airline staff and there were no more passengers waiting for transportation to go to the airport. We just sat in the bus for someone to give the driver directions as what to do next. The flight departed at 1910 hours (7:10PM) on the 3rd Feb 2020, 24 hours later than it was supposed to. Never once I saw a senior Thai Airways personnel. I saw a few ground crew who were inexperienced and some unruly passengers intimidated them by their rude behaviour.
RouteManila to Heathrow via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"their crew are very nice"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Jakarta. Thai Airways for me its a good flight, from the inflight service i really like it. I had worst experience with one of the ground staff Check-in last month, and I hope my next flight experience will never happened like.. For the inflight services i like their food served very tasty, also their crew are very nice, polite and more communicative to passengers. Also the cabin ambience is very nice and neat.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBangkok to Jakarta

"Cannot fault staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Taipei with Thai Airways. Part of a Star alliance Journey. The plane was empty due to virus issues in Asia. The seat was comfortable and the service good, as one would expect with only 40 people on the plane. Western Breakfast poor, wrong choice. In-flight entertainment was adequate. Cannot fault staff.
RouteBangkok to Taipei

"Great experience overall"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. Flight was quite short for only 2 hours or less so it's understandable they serve food right after we took off. Food was good (I had chicken and my friend had prawn rice) though portion was a bit small. The dessert was quite good. The crew service was also quite great with friendliness and politeness (though misunderstanding may occur as some staff doesn't speak good English). We boarded a Boeing 777 so obviously seating was quite good. probably cuz of the flu season there're not so many passengers so it felt very spacious. A bonus point for the crew was that they knew about this and try to separate individual passengers far away from each other to get more comfort. Seat can be reclined quite easy, no major technical fault. IFE is quite up-to-date with basic movies package and also game. Though in some seats the IFE may not work. Great experience overall. Thai airways has proven me that they're a good airline just like how people think about them. If possible I'd like to fly with them again whenever going for another Bangkok adventure or even better a transit to another place.
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"A bit of a disappointing flight"

Trip Verified | A bit of a disappointing flight from Paris CDG to Bangkok. The business cabin was old, seats worn-out, minuscule screens. A seating arrangment without an inch of privacy (vis a vis the alley and fellow travellers) if you were allocated odd number sats. To make it short, an old cabin that looks really outdated compared to its peers such as Qatar, Emirates, Etihad or Oman Air. Service & cabin crew are friendly, corteous and efficient. On the other hand, wines are second rated, and again, the selection can't stand comparison with mentioned newer competition. Same for the food, not bad, but not really appealing - a bit too much frozen/heated dinner from your supermaket frozen section. "Of course" no onboard wifi, 20 years ago Thai Airways was the asian excellency or close to, today competition makes it look a bit cheap and under retrofitted to new standards. Don't get me wrong, will fly again but only if fare is really good. Will prefer MEA airlines when possible & convenient (at least this flight was non-stop).
RouteParis CDG to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"make money through coronavirus"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, The service and aircraft is fine, not great but acceptable, however their customer care and way they are trying to make money through the coronavirus is unacceptable. Needed to fly to Melbourne from Bangkok with Thai but unfortunately due to an official advice, tried to delay the flight for 10 days due to the coronavirus concerns of the university. When tried to change the departure date by 10 days due to this reason (asked for no additional charge due to the health emergency), they asked to pay for this one way return flight to pay additional 25% of the total flight price (both legs) - this is just unacceptable to make profit on a health crisis! When trying again at the second customer care email, did not even got a reply till today.
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the service is degraded"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Copenhagen. Its not usual that I choose to fly Thai Airways but I chose Thai this time because of my elderly parents and a direct flight. Normally I would fly Qatar from Europe to Bangkok and vice versa. The service onboard was rushed on a 11 hours 45 minutes flight. We are traveling with Thai air during the virus outbreak so all crew have mask on but When you have mask on, passengers cant see your smile. The crew I encountered were arrogant to me. The seats are good for me but they need to upgrade the screen though. The touchscreen display is not responsive, the contents are good. Comparing Thai Airways 15 years ago and now, the service is degraded.
RouteBangkok to Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"competent Thai Airways staff"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Flew Hanoi to Bangkok on B777-200 4th February 2020. Initial routing was from Guangzhou China. Had huge problems in Hanoi airport as my flights to-from China were suspended due to Corona, so I had to rebook tickets in last Minute at check-in counters in Hanoi. Fortunately, competent Thai Airways staff and station manager helped me through as my ticket, which involved other airlines beyond BKK, was complicated and furthermore issued by a non-responsive OTA. Eventually, I paid cash 179 USD for a complicated ticket change which was OK despite I then accepted a downgrade from business to economy class. Inboard, food was fabulous to my taste (grilled snapper with rice mixture), and I managed to get 4 portions as there were plenty leftovers - many people don’t like fish. Other, tasty dish was creamy stewed chicken, also very good. Drinks provided and plenty, alcoholic as well though these were very hidden, not displayed on trolleys, and only discretely handed out. Bus gating in Bangkok from aircraft to terminal was an anti-climax of and otherwise very good trip.
RouteHanoi to Bangkok

"Planes look very dated"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Bangkok. Both flights on time. Note there is no more Thai lounge in Taipei, but they use Plaza Premium, which looks nice, but lacks in food and beverage offerings. As for the food on board - some good, but one beef meal had really dry and tough meat. Planes look very dated. Service was, however, gracious and professional.
RouteTaipei to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"A very underrated flagship"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi. All in all, I would definitely fly this airline again. In fact, I'm going to actively try to book it over others when I'm going back to Thailand or its neighbors assuming the price difference is minimal. Check in was smooth in Manila airport despite a decent sized queue and not too early-just on time arrival in the terminal. Boarding and sitting was pretty organized. The plane was well maintained and I enjoyed the leg room considering I bought a fare that was around the price of a budget flier. The crew was not just efficient in service but very helpful in the passengers' needs. Meals were enjoyable and I actually finished the rice. (I usually skip it and just eat the main itself). IEM was alright, a bit above average I would say. You can tell they update it. My one hiccup is it was pain to reach customer service(at least in the Philippines) before my flight as I had wanted to make adjustments. For whatever reason, I find Thai Airways to have a certain character and charm to it in every step, I guess just like their home country. From their very accommodating crew to the plane itself. A very underrated flagship.
RouteManila to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"disappointed by the attitude"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City via Bangkok. The first flight from Chiang Mai was late, when we arrive the gate closed and staffs at the gate advice to contact transfer desk. That's when we feel really disappointed by the attitude of staff. They say, "you come back tomorrow, no more flight today". Only when I ask where can we stay, they pointing their finger upstair. Then they tell us step aside for next customer?
RouteChiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City via Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"experience was below average"

Trip Verified | I recently flew business class from Bangkok to Phuket. The experience was below average. Firstly the Royal silk lounge was crowded poor service a really poor range of food including slices of pizzas baked last week it seems; Sandwiches that must’ve been prepacked before Christmas and a poor range of drinks. The aircraft itself was a Boeing 747 from the 80s we still had much of the regional equipment including those old red blue green projectors and pulldown screens! Boarding was chaotic with lines all over the place and to check-in staff for around 400 people that each checked your passport before anyone so boarding time to look in excess of 40 minutes. Why Thai would use a 747 to fly just an hour and a little bit more to a domestic location is beyond me. The plane was very tired and really poor entertainment system. There were no headsets and staff said because it was a short flight they would not be providing headsets. We were not offered any alcohol just water ice tea or orange juice. The Steward seems so early and unhappy not the characteristic expectations of Thai airlines. Yes I understand this is a short flight but all that was offered was one choice of meal which was salmon on white bread with wasabi and a side salad. Too bad if you were vegetarian or didn’t like salmon, my partner could not eat anything on this flight because of that choice. No explanation about why that might not of been a few more choices. You think Thai Airways would make it up with some really good service? Know the stewards were a little bit surly and not very happy about doing this service.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the window blinds were lowered"

Trip Verified | My wife and I travelled business class on Thai Airways flight Bangkok to London on Friday 24 January. Despite being a daytime flight leaving Bangkok at 13.20, soon after a nice lunch the window blinds were lowered and cabin lights turn off. When questioned, the excuse from the crew member was ‘some people want to rest’. This ignored the fact that clearly most people didn’t - as could be seen from their active tv screens. And those who did could have used an eye mask rather than have such an unreasonable experience on everyone else. I understand they do the same on the reverse leg, but thankfully we escaped making the discovery. Other than to bring hot towels and give out bags of popcorn, the crew did no more than serve two meals. The rest of the time they hid behind curtains with there being one period of some 4 hours when no one passed through the cabin. And at no point did we receive proactive attention or even have an engaging conversation that would have made us feel welcome and valued. The seats were somewhat narrow, with less than satisfactory control of the recline feature and here was no optional mattress. Having travelled between London and Bangkok every year for the past 8 years, we had decided to try Thai Airways for a change and with positive expectations. Sadly our experience was the very opposite.
RouteBangkok to London

"Very good flight"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Phuket. Flight departed and arrived on time, quality service with a clean plane and a free snack on a flight departing at 9:40 am and arriving at 11:40 am. Very good flight, thank you Thai Airways. Vol parti à l heure et arrivé à l heure, service de qualité avec un avion propre et une collation offerte sur un vol partant à 9h40 et arrivant à 11h40. Très bon vol, merci Thai Airways
AircraftA320-200
RouteChiang Mai to Phuket
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Sydney. Thai Airways is the worst airline I have flown. How old are their international fleet? I could not sit in the seat without a pillow behind my lower back. The staff were rude to me. The inflight entertainment and my food were both mediocre.
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"second flight will be cancelled"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket booked for June 2020. I have a return flight and if I don't show up for my first flight the second flight will be cancelled. I advised that I cannot make the first flight and they will not allow me to travel on my return sector. The only way a customer can avoid this type of issue is to purchase individual tickets for each sector.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Staff was very friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Suratthani. My flight only one hour but I feel very happy, Comfortable and had a good memory In time, Staff was very friendly and beautiful. Snack was very delicious.
RouteBangkok to Suratthani

Thai Airways customer review

Not Verified | Normally I go BA but due to the stopover in Bali opted for Thai Airways. Really good on board entertainment. Staff are so lovely and friendly. It is a really long flight and they helped by constantly giving use refreshments and drink along with fantastically tasty food, I had panag curry which is a nut curry that is amazing. Apart from Thai Airways I always leave a flight feeling more tired than when I got on but with this flight I was so well rested as there was plenty of space nice pillow and seat reclined to a comfy angle so I got plenty of good rest. Every opportunity I will be using Thai Airways.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Bali

"Everything was perfect"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. I was really surprised. Everything was perfect - welcoming, stewards, food and drinks, films and music. I really enjoyed this nine hours flight. Very comfortable.
RouteVienna to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2019

"friendly crew service and good food"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kolkata and return from Delhi with Thai Airways. The flights on A350 and B787 equipment were very pleasant, with friendly cabin crew, a smooth check-in process, comfortable lounges, and much tastier vegetarian meals than are usually served in the air. All flights operated on time. The aircraft were clean and the seats comfortable, though it's worth noting that the B787 used on regional services has 2-2-2 seating in Business, compared with 1-2-1 on the A350 used for longhaul services. On the downside, we had bus transfers in Bangkok on the outward journey, and the boarding process at Bangkok was chaotic both times, with no clear queue for Business Class passengers among all the people milling around in the departure lounge. Also, on the older B777 aircraft between Bangkok and Kolkata the IFE was not working at all and the seats were hard and uncomfortable. This was partly compensated for by the friendly crew service and good food. Overall we enjoyed flying with Thai and would happily do it again.
AircraftA350, Boeing 777, Boeing 787
RouteDelhi to Melbourne via Bangkok

"an amazing fligh"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Phuket. Thank you for an amazing flight! I have never felt that comfortable on an airplane, given, it was a long 12hrs flight. Delicious food, lovely cabin crew, punctual departures. When flying to Thailand I will always choose Thai airways.
RouteFrankfurt to Phuket

"a fantastic experience"

Not Verified | Dubai to Melbourne via Bangkok. This was a fantastic experience. I am a frequent international flyer and this was my first flight for more than ten years with Thai Airways. The service on both legs was exceptional and better than a number of other airlines I have flown this year, the seat was very comfortable, the meals were superb, the entertainment was better than most but not quite as good as some. There was a couple of hours layover in Bangkok, a long hike through the airport and an even longer queue for transiting passengers. However, the business class lounge was very comfortable and the food was good (although by this stage I wasn't really hungry). I would happily fly always with Thai if only the schedule for the return journey was better. I am writing this review because Thai didn't appear in the top 20 airlines for Skytrax review in 2019 and I think that Thai is much better than some of those airlines in the top 20.
RouteDubai to Melbourne via Bangkok

"staff were amazing"

Trip Verified | I am giving my age away, but I am one of many who consider the 747 the ‘Queen of the Skies’. So I was thrilled to see that our first leg on our flight from Mumbai to Chiang Mai via Bangkok was onboard a Thai Airways 747-400. Not only does Thailand have a reputation for friendliness, their airline has always been up there somewhere in the top 20. They say you should never go back to childhood memories, like where you grew up. The same goes for aircraft. The “Queen” that took us from India to Thailand was a tired old lady. The seats hadn’t been cleaned in ages and some were broken. The monitors in the seatbacks were still original equipment. The staff, on the other hand, were amazing. From the moment we arrived at check-in to final farewell on disembarkation – it was smiles, smiles and more smiles. If this review were on service alone it would be 10 thumbs up. But then the food was served – a bitter disappointment. Our connecting flight (Bangkok to Chiang Mai) onboard one of Thai Airways’ newer A330s was a refreshing change. Everything worked, the staff were great and luckily the flight was too short for a meal, other than a light snack (which was okay). 4 Thumbs Up
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A330
RouteMumbai to Chiang Mai via Bangkok

"replacing the 747"

Not Verified | The Boeing 747 is tired and it's comfort in Business not as good as Qantas in Premium economy. The London to Bangkok sector provides flat beds the 747 does not. An urgent review needed on replacing the 747 with an updated aircraft. On the outward journey Sydney to London via Bangkok the 9 hour layover is appalling schedule and need review. The in flight service on all 4 sectors was excellent.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 747
RouteLondon to Sydney via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very pleasant 2-hour flight"

Trip Verified | Thai Airways operates a flight to Singapore using the A350 on TG 409. This new aircraft is configured in a staggered 1-2-1 configuration in business class with alternating aisle and window seats. I pre-ordered my main course which was basil beef in rice. It was delicious. The flight attendants were friendly and attentive and offered drinks before and after the dinner service. The seat is a fully reclining full flat seat which would be very useful for long haul flights. The inflight entertainment system is adequate with a modest selection of Western movies and Thai documentaries. There was inflight wifi but I didn’t use it. Overall, it was a very pleasant 2-hour flight to Singapore.
Date FlownNovember 2019

"service is not very good"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. I have flown 3 times this year with Thai Airways. I am already a silver member. The service in economy class is not very good. The service is often messy and fast. Often there is not much to notice about smooth as silk. Next year I'm going to live in Thailand, I doubt very much whether I want to continue with Thai Airways. The business class is very expensive, maybe I am considering to fly business with another company and to start a frequent flyer program.
RouteBrussels to Chiang Mai via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"pleasant and always smiling"

Trip Verified | Domestic flights between Bangkok and Chiangmai are popular with tourists and locals alike. I was told by a flight attendant on my previous flight up to Bangkok that the Bangkok - Chiangmai Business Class is invariably always full. The aircraft operating this route is an old A330-300 arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration with recliner seat. For domestic and short haul routes within Southeast Asia, it doesn’t really matter much. As it was a short flight of 1 hour, lunch service started immediately after attaining cruising altitude. Even though the cabin crew were hard pressed to complete service within a short time, they were pleasant and always smiling. A hot lunch of Pad Thai omelette was served on this flight. As soon as I finished eating, it was time to land in Bangkok. Overall, for a short domestic flight, Thai Airways’ Business Class product was excellent - far better than intra-Europe flights on European airlines.
AircraftA330-300
RouteChiangmai to Bangkok

"very excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. Flew on Thai Airways again for my return trip to Singapore. As with the previous flight, it was operated by a nearly 20 years old Boeing 777-300, however, the aircraft was the "Royal Barge Suphannahong", HS-TKF, which was very beautiful. Although the interior was the same as on other Thai 777-300s, it was very well maintained and very clean, the seat itself was very comfortable, no complaints there. Once again, the IFE selection was very generous and very good for a 5hr+ flight, never mind one that was the only 2hrs! As with the previous flight, the cabin crew were extremely warm and made us feel welcome and well-treated - definitely worthy of the branding that Thai gives its cabin service, "Royal Orchid Service". Dinner was served on this flight, and it was plentiful, well presented, and the quality was also good - a special dessert was even provided to commemorate Thailand's "Loy Krathong Day". Despite traffic congestion encountered due to the many planes taking off before my flight, the pilots managed to make up for lost time en route and we arrived only a few minutes behind schedule. Overall, it was a very excellent experience given the price, and I would definitely recommend Thai Airways to anyone who wants to fly to Bangkok for their price point and onboard service.
AircraftBoeing 777-3D7

"crew friendly and warm"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. Flew on Thai Airways on my recent retreat to Bangkok. Aircraft used was a Boeing 777-300, which has been in service for over 20 years; however the aircraft was well-maintained by Thai Airways and the cabin was very clean, the seat showed no signs of its age (apart from the IFE which was very small, but with a generous selection it was certainly very reasonable for a 2hr+ flight and suitable even on longer ones due to the selection). Cabin crew were very friendly and warm, greeting every passenger with a smile and the service provided was very warm and made us feel like privileged guests - definitely suiting of the cabin service that Thai appropriately named "Royal Orchid Service". However, the food served in flight was quite poor in quality and I felt it could definitely be improved on. The flight took off and landed on time, no problems, taxi in and taxi out were both very fast. Overall, it was definitely an excellent flight, despite the food served which was a letdown, and I would definitely choose Thai again for its price and their service.
AircraftBoeing 777-3D7
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"hard product was adequate"

Trip Verified | This flight was operated by a 20 year old Boeing 777-300. The configuration in Business Class is 2-3-2. It would appear to be very cramped for business class but this is the regional business class configuration for the short two-hour flight to Bangkok. The seat is an angled flat seat. Leg room was very generous and your legs do not have to go under a small footwell like in some types of seats. Upon boarding, the flight attendants served welcome drinks. I had the signature Thai Tamarind Tea which was nice. Shortly after take off, breakfast was served. I had the Thai option - Tom Yam chicken rice. Being a short flight, the meal was served on a tray. The inflight entertainment system has adequate selection for this short flight. Headphones provided were not noise cancelling headphones but plastic over ear headphones. After the meal service, it was time to descend into Bangkok. Overall, the flight attendants were cheerful and friendly and the hard product was adequate for short regional flights.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"treated me very badly"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Sydney. Thai Airways treated me very badly. They sold me a broken seat (they knew it was broken), broken arm rest, broken entertainment. Moved me next to an aggressive passenger that did not want me next to him, so I had to move back to my broken seat. Not good! Thai Airways is dishonest and is a disgrace to the industry. I would not recommend anyone fly with Thai Airways unless there is no other option. What a shame.
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"saying I was a no show"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok, TG911 on 17th October. I turned up for my flight but there was a part missing and they started putting people on buses to hotels for the night, this was at 11am. One of the staff said that they would give me a full refund if I went and booked another flight. So I did that and found another more expensive flight. Now Thai are refusing to honour the refund because 6 hours later than scheduled they managed to get the flight going (I was already on another flight by then) and now they are saying I was a no show. I missed another flight because of them and had to incur costs in a hotel overnight and rebook my final flight connection and ultimately I arrived where I was supposed to be, 20 hours late.
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the service was shocking"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Bangkok. I don’t know whether the biz class cabin on an A380 is too big but the service was shocking. Not a single towel served to me was warm. They seem to bring out the starters in a random order and with no drinks trolley I was left sitting with the starter and no drink to match. If you decide to wait for a drink it means that they’ve already put your main on so in my case it was served cold. The cheese was nice but served with oranges, melons and grapefruit but no grapes. There was port on the trolley but they weren’t inclined to open it until I asked and then served it in a thimble. The cabin lights were turned down even though it was a 5.30pm departure arriving at 10pm.
RouteTokyo Narita to Bangkok

"standard was very high"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Milan to Bangkok and enjoyed a very packed but graceful flight back. I love Thai Airways because the quality standard was very high. The food for economy passengers is excellent, crew work hard thru' the flight and I dont' know of better value for money. I thank you and hope that your standards will not waver. I am glad to be back here.
RouteMilan to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"made a mistake in our booking"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | We made a mistake in our booking of the return flight in November 2019 and immediately noticed this. Due to the departure just after midnight, we clicked the wrong date: one day too early. We contacted customer support immediately to report this and to get this solved. 2 days later, many phone calls and emails later to both Brussels and Bangkok, no decent alternative is offered. We get the message that our ticket was a promotion ticket (we never noticed this) and that no seats are available in other flight. When we check the correct flight, we still find seats available. Then they come with the excuse that it's not the same class. We are not talking about difference between business or economy. Apparently, Thai Airways also divide the economy in different classes with each letter of the alphabet. When we look closer, we see that every day the tickets are divided in different classes which makes it impossible to switch to another day in same class. Instead of helping us for the mistake, customer support keeps hiding behind the 'there are no tickets in same class' or proposes very high cost for cancellation of half the ticket price per person. Even when we are offering to pay the difference in price or a reasonable fee, the answer stays that they can't help us. As every day has different classes, Thai Airways makes it impossible to switch. This is simply very poor customer service and doesn't help anyone.
RouteBrussels to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"not provide a transit visa"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Mumbai via Bangkok. My flight was delayed resulting in a twenty hour layover at Bangkok airport. The airline did not provide a transit visa or hotel. The ground staff were rude.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteOsaka to Mumbai via Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"couldn't have been more disappointing"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I was overwhelmed by flying the new Airbus A350 and even more for the food, since Thai food is my favourite cuisine. My experience with Thai Airways couldn't have been more disappointing (food-wise) on both 'to and from' flights. My flight had a layover in Bangkok, which means I took 4 planes and 4 meals in total. The food was so awful, no taste at all! The chicken tasted like plastic, the curry was horrible, as were the vegetables. The food was so bad, I refused 2 meals on my 12hr flight from Bangkok to Brussels! The cabin crew came only twice to serve water on the 12hrs flight. With the very dry air blowing from the A/C, this was very shocking. Inflight entertainment is very poor. The choice is very restricted. The Airbus A350 was pretty uncomfortable. The seats have almost no knee room. I'm 183cm. You have to be very lucky that the passenger up front doesn't recline his seat, or else, you're pretty screwed. Long live the money making industry.
AircraftA350-900 XWB
RouteBali to Brussels via Bangkok

"an excellent flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I would like to acknowledge Thai Airways for an excellent flight from Bangkok to Milan Malpensa. They show that flying in economy can still be a great experience: excellent attention to service, the best and most complete meals and drinks in flight. Its what flying could be about for many travelers. This is the second international flight in one year I have done and they are keeping the standards. No flight delays, no lost baggage. Well done Thai.
RouteBangkok to Milan
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Crew were not very friendly"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Phuket via Bangkok. I would like to state that I used Thai Airways hearing that they were a good airline to fly with. Service was standard and drinks were given sparingly. Crew were not very friendly and overall I would have rather flown with another carrier. A380 aircraft no air vents and the cabins were warm. Pretty rubbish flight and wouldn’t used them again. Wouldn’t recommend.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Phuket via Bangkok

"Overall good experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bangkok,check in was smooth, though I had chosen a seat during booking but at the time of checking come to know due to some problem they had changed the seat, and the given one was better than early one. Boarding on time, departed on time, staff looks little tired, good food and beverage, comfortable seats, arrived Bangkok on time. Overall good experience. IFE was not working in entire aircraft.
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Overall a good experience"

Trip Verified | Travelled 1st week of September between Bangkok and Singapore - arriving from Delhi. Boarding was smooth, courteous staff, good food and beverages, ok seats, arrived on time. Overall a good experience.

"Tired looking crew"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Auckland. From check-in to leaving the plane we were not impressed. Tired looking crew that certainly do not know what a smile even is. Crew could not serve dinner quick enough - almost felt like it was thrown at us. Ran out of salty snacks prior to this, and crew member said he would come back with more, but never did so many did not even get this. Breakfast was inedible - both myself and my husband didn't eat our bland white looking breakfast. No drinks served through night on 10.5 hour flight. Movie choice terrible and connectivity no better. Did not perform important pre-landing check, a lady opposite us had her laptop out throughout landing and they did not check seat belts or anything. This is pretty basic and essential. Gave Thai Airways 2 tries and both flights very lacklustre service. We are frequent flyers, but will not fly them again.
RouteBangkok to Auckland
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"excellent food and service"

Trip Verified | Perth to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. Good points: Highly attentive crew, excellent food and service - free-flowing alcohol for fellow fliers - and very smooth transit at Bangkok with a dedicated immigration lane, my bags checked through the Chiang Mai. The seating on the Airbus from Perth was disappointingly cramped, the leg room poor compared to budget airlines - not so for Boeing 777 on the internal flight, the aircraft long-in-the-tooth and looking it. lacking at-seat power supplies.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-200
RoutePerth to Chiang Mai via Bangkok

"Staff not friendly"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Moscow. It was really awful and disappointing. Aircraft dirty and in bad condition, Staff not friendly and not smiley to me. Very disappointing. Food for me was the worst food. The entertainment did not work well, with errors, just a few languages available. Maybe just a bad luck on this trip.
RouteBangkok to Moscow

"was very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Frankfurt. I had a good experience with flights within Thailand with Thai Airways but this flight was very disappointing. I understand that the flight was fully booked and staff could be stressed with but the staff should understand that being friendly and polite is as same important as the security of flight guests. The stewardess offered me 2 types of meal - pork and chicken. I choose chicken but got pork instead, without any excuse.
AircraftA80-300
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Thai Smile is the better product"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Vientiane to Bangkok on Thai Airways evening departure. The flight this evening was operated by HS-TER, a nine year old Airbus A330 named U Thong. As usual I had filled in my API information and checked in online. On arrival at VTE, I headed straight for the Internet check-in counter. Ground staff were on hand directing passengers. There was already a line up. However when we approached the head of the line, a senior ground service staff directed us to the Royal Silk check-in counter and processed us quite efficiently. She was warm and friendly. Security check and immigration wasn't too long (perks of a small airport) and we were at the gate with about an hour and a half to spare. At about 7:40 PM we were advised that the incoming aircraft was delayed out of BKK, due to which departure was delayed by 20 minutes, making the new departure time 8:50 PM. Boarding at 08:40 PM was chaotic with no designated order or series as is the norm with wide-body aircraft. Mind you, there was an announcement of boarding by row numbers, but the staff at the gate didn't seem to be too bothered. There was a dedicated line for loyalty program elite tiers and business class passengers. The welcome on board was friendly, but hardly the warmth one associates with Thai Airways. The seat was the standard economy on A330, equipped with a personal television. On this short haul sector the in-flight entertainment was deactivated and the only display was the rather outdated flight map. The seat pocket contained a copy of Sawasdee, Vision (the in-flight entertainment listing), duty free shopping guide and a promotional document from the Thai government. The flight was delayed further and we finally took off 36 minutes late. The service on board was lacklustre. The crew were neither friendly nor warm. The quality of cuisine served was unimpressive. Naturally, I compared it to the Thai Smile aircraft that I took for the inward bound flight and the food was below average. The meal on offer was a cheesy mushroom calzone with too much of the pastry accompanied by a rather shoddy choux cream custard and a bottle of water. This was followed by the crew making a trip down the aisle with orange juice and tea/coffee. They played the Thai Immigration video which mandated that one must complete the TM6 form provided by the airline. Needless to say, the crew waited until the last minute to start distributing these even though we were on the tarmac in VTE for quite some time. Eventually after they handed out the form, the crew member approached me to stow my tray table for landing. I couldn't help but respond with, "If you wanted to secure the cabin, you might have handed these out a bit earlier." I am of the opinion that Thai Smile is the better product on this route.
RouteVientiane to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"publicly refused in a rude haughty diminishing way"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | On June 23th 2019 I took flight TG 934 from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Brussels having a full flex ticket. When the staff brought the aperitive we didnt receive any salty snack. At lunchtime the air hostess asked what I would like to drink. I answered that I would like a glass of white wine with the starter and a glass of red wine with the main dish so she wouldn't have to pass by 2 times. It was publicly refused in a rude haughty diminishing way, replying that that I could only have one drink at the time. Thai Airways appear to have overstaffed, overaged unmotivated workers, nepotism, lack off busines vision, poor marketing stategy, poor financial managment. Last year I already experienced a similar situation thinking it was a singular incident. But it seems to become recurrent. Privatisation seems unavoidable.
RouteBangkok to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2019

"enjoyed flying the new A350"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. I really enjoyed flying the new A350, despite that a few things made my flight experience unpleasant. Crew was nice but it felt like they were unorganized. I was asked if I ordered a special meal twice, and the FA said that someone ordered a special meal to my seat, 59C but the seat wasn’t even booked, I sat there because I changed my seat before takeoff, my original seat was 59K. Overall the flight was ok. I booked 6 Flights for this year and have been flying on 2 of them. My other flight from Frankfurt to Bangkok on 30th of July this year was ok, despite me having to change my seat with one passenger sitting next to me, which I booked long before the flight. I hope that my next 4 Flights will be more pleasant.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I had excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Brisbane. Thai Airways indeed a 5 star airlines with great cabin service. It all started from the airport lounge service. They provide 30 minutes free massage just across the hall from the lounge. This is something special I have never experienced before. My flight was delayed a little bit. There are free shower for business passengers too. On the plane the cabin crew were super friendly. I didn't try the first meal because it was very late. I had breakfast before landing. It was very good, fresh fruits and yogurt! If there is one thing I'd like to pick, the plane is little old. Overall, I had excellent experience with Thai Airways.
RouteBangkok to Brisbane

"Very good experience"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Bali via Bangkok. Very good experience to fly again with Thai. Very good service on board, good space for legs and comfortable seats. I ordered a diabetic meal and it was very good. The only negative point of flying with Thai is the transit at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. Not comfortable at all, poor duty free and no smoking area.
RouteKolkata to Bali via Bangkok

"everything was great"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bangkok. Amazing, seat, staff, service, food everything was great. My wife and myself travel in seat 19 E/F, that in sleeping position it’s transform into double bed. Great. Staff started immediately as usual with glass of champagne a taking order for the breakfast. Then after take off, lunch was served. I pre ordered a beef fillet and grilled salmon for my wife. Both were great. Staff service pampered the guest all during the flight. The only thing I haven’t found at high level was the IFE. There are 5 star airlines that are not meeting this quality.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I couldn’t ask for any more"

Trip Verified | Kansai to Melbourne via Bangkok. The aircraft on the first sector (Osaka - Bangkok) was switched on the day of travel from an A380 to a B773ER. Despite the change to a smaller aircraft I was still given my seating preference and there was zero problem with my special meal. Seat pitch on both aircraft (773 to Bangkok and A350) to Melbourne was as good as economy seating gets nowadays, and thankfully the seating on the 773 was 9 across and not the 10 across many airlines have installed. Safety checks were made before departure and landing, and there were announcements before any turbulence, which turned out to be mild. Service on both sectors was exemplary, the crew were smiling and helpful through out despite both flights being nearly full. People have criticised the IFE for lack of choice, but in its favour I’ve found it to be reliable, and I generally find plenty to enjoy in the world music and world movies sections. A meal and a snack were served on the shorter (five hour) flight to Bangkok, and supper and breakfast were served on the flight to Australia. The food was of a reasonable standard, there was a full drinks service before lunch and dinner and in addition there were nice little touches, like the crew offering extra croissants at breakfast. On the overnight flight to Australia I was able to sleep but was aware of several water/juice runs during the night. On both flights, especially towards the end of the longer Melbourne flight, the crew were focussed on keeping the washrooms clean and serviceable. It’s service as it should be, totally professional; my overall rating is 10/10 because I couldn’t ask for any more than was given.
AircraftBoeing 773 / A350
RouteKansai to Melbourne via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"What a pleasure to fly"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. What a pleasure to fly with Thai Airways. Even the short, one hour flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai was a reminder that not all in the aviation industry have succumbed to fleecing the customer for every last cent. It was a busy flight, but the cabin crew provided complimentary snacks, drinks, tea and coffee with habitual grace. The cabin itself felt spacious, seats were comfortable and leg room was better than most in economy.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai