Thai Airways

"Tired looking crew"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Auckland. From check-in to leaving the plane we were not impressed. Tired looking crew that certainly do not know what a smile even is. Crew could not serve dinner quick enough - almost felt like it was thrown at us. Ran out of salty snacks prior to this, and crew member said he would come back with more, but never did so many did not even get this. Breakfast was inedible - both myself and my husband didn't eat our bland white looking breakfast. No drinks served through night on 10.5 hour flight. Movie choice terrible and connectivity no better. Did not perform important pre-landing check, a lady opposite us had her laptop out throughout landing and they did not check seat belts or anything. This is pretty basic and essential. Gave Thai Airways 2 tries and both flights very lacklustre service. We are frequent flyers, but will not fly them again.
RouteBangkok to Auckland
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"excellent food and service"

Trip Verified | Perth to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. Good points: Highly attentive crew, excellent food and service - free-flowing alcohol for fellow fliers - and very smooth transit at Bangkok with a dedicated immigration lane, my bags checked through the Chiang Mai. The seating on the Airbus from Perth was disappointingly cramped, the leg room poor compared to budget airlines - not so for Boeing 777 on the internal flight, the aircraft long-in-the-tooth and looking it. lacking at-seat power supplies.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-200
RoutePerth to Chiang Mai via Bangkok

"Staff not friendly"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Moscow. It was really awful and disappointing. Aircraft dirty and in bad condition, Staff not friendly and not smiley to me. Very disappointing. Food for me was the worst food. The entertainment did not work well, with errors, just a few languages available. Maybe just a bad luck on this trip.
RouteBangkok to Moscow

"was very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Frankfurt. I had a good experience with flights within Thailand with Thai Airways but this flight was very disappointing. I understand that the flight was fully booked and staff could be stressed with but the staff should understand that being friendly and polite is as same important as the security of flight guests. The stewardess offered me 2 types of meal - pork and chicken. I choose chicken but got pork instead, without any excuse.
AircraftA80-300
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Thai Smile is the better product"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Vientiane to Bangkok on Thai Airways evening departure. The flight this evening was operated by HS-TER, a nine year old Airbus A330 named U Thong. As usual I had filled in my API information and checked in online. On arrival at VTE, I headed straight for the Internet check-in counter. Ground staff were on hand directing passengers. There was already a line up. However when we approached the head of the line, a senior ground service staff directed us to the Royal Silk check-in counter and processed us quite efficiently. She was warm and friendly. Security check and immigration wasn't too long (perks of a small airport) and we were at the gate with about an hour and a half to spare. At about 7:40 PM we were advised that the incoming aircraft was delayed out of BKK, due to which departure was delayed by 20 minutes, making the new departure time 8:50 PM. Boarding at 08:40 PM was chaotic with no designated order or series as is the norm with wide-body aircraft. Mind you, there was an announcement of boarding by row numbers, but the staff at the gate didn't seem to be too bothered. There was a dedicated line for loyalty program elite tiers and business class passengers. The welcome on board was friendly, but hardly the warmth one associates with Thai Airways. The seat was the standard economy on A330, equipped with a personal television. On this short haul sector the in-flight entertainment was deactivated and the only display was the rather outdated flight map. The seat pocket contained a copy of Sawasdee, Vision (the in-flight entertainment listing), duty free shopping guide and a promotional document from the Thai government. The flight was delayed further and we finally took off 36 minutes late. The service on board was lacklustre. The crew were neither friendly nor warm. The quality of cuisine served was unimpressive. Naturally, I compared it to the Thai Smile aircraft that I took for the inward bound flight and the food was below average. The meal on offer was a cheesy mushroom calzone with too much of the pastry accompanied by a rather shoddy choux cream custard and a bottle of water. This was followed by the crew making a trip down the aisle with orange juice and tea/coffee. They played the Thai Immigration video which mandated that one must complete the TM6 form provided by the airline. Needless to say, the crew waited until the last minute to start distributing these even though we were on the tarmac in VTE for quite some time. Eventually after they handed out the form, the crew member approached me to stow my tray table for landing. I couldn't help but respond with, "If you wanted to secure the cabin, you might have handed these out a bit earlier." I am of the opinion that Thai Smile is the better product on this route.
RouteVientiane to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"publicly refused in a rude haughty diminishing way"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | On June 23th 2019 I took flight TG 934 from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Brussels having a full flex ticket. When the staff brought the aperitive we didnt receive any salty snack. At lunchtime the air hostess asked what I would like to drink. I answered that I would like a glass of white wine with the starter and a glass of red wine with the main dish so she wouldn't have to pass by 2 times. It was publicly refused in a rude haughty diminishing way, replying that that I could only have one drink at the time. Thai Airways appear to have overstaffed, overaged unmotivated workers, nepotism, lack off busines vision, poor marketing stategy, poor financial managment. Last year I already experienced a similar situation thinking it was a singular incident. But it seems to become recurrent. Privatisation seems unavoidable.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBangkok to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2019

"enjoyed flying the new A350"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. I really enjoyed flying the new A350, despite that a few things made my flight experience unpleasant. Crew was nice but it felt like they were unorganized. I was asked if I ordered a special meal twice, and the FA said that someone ordered a special meal to my seat, 59C but the seat wasn’t even booked, I sat there because I changed my seat before takeoff, my original seat was 59K. Overall the flight was ok. I booked 6 Flights for this year and have been flying on 2 of them. My other flight from Frankfurt to Bangkok on 30th of July this year was ok, despite me having to change my seat with one passenger sitting next to me, which I booked long before the flight. I hope that my next 4 Flights will be more pleasant.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I had excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Brisbane. Thai Airways indeed a 5 star airlines with great cabin service. It all started from the airport lounge service. They provide 30 minutes free massage just across the hall from the lounge. This is something special I have never experienced before. My flight was delayed a little bit. There are free shower for business passengers too. On the plane the cabin crew were super friendly. I didn't try the first meal because it was very late. I had breakfast before landing. It was very good, fresh fruits and yogurt! If there is one thing I'd like to pick, the plane is little old. Overall, I had excellent experience with Thai Airways.
RouteBangkok to Brisbane

"Very good experience"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Bali via Bangkok. Very good experience to fly again with Thai. Very good service on board, good space for legs and comfortable seats. I ordered a diabetic meal and it was very good. The only negative point of flying with Thai is the transit at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. Not comfortable at all, poor duty free and no smoking area.
RouteKolkata to Bali via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"everything was great"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bangkok. Amazing, seat, staff, service, food everything was great. My wife and myself travel in seat 19 E/F, that in sleeping position it’s transform into double bed. Great. Staff started immediately as usual with glass of champagne a taking order for the breakfast. Then after take off, lunch was served. I pre ordered a beef fillet and grilled salmon for my wife. Both were great. Staff service pampered the guest all during the flight. The only thing I haven’t found at high level was the IFE. There are 5 star airlines that are not meeting this quality.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok