Thai Airways

"crews polite, helpful and enthusiastic"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Incheon to Bangkok. Cabin crews on board were very polite, helpful and enthusiastic. The seat was full flat recline and align in 1-2-1. Every seats are aisle access. The amenity kit is very nice. It made of a good material and be designed by Naraya - a famous Thai design souvenir brand. The entertainment system is just standard (good enough but not special). The touchscreen is a bit as lag but not too bad. The most wonderful thing is the catering. The snack was mixed nuts and dried fruits came with soft drinks or your favorite wines. I recommend tamarind iced tea (signature drink of TG). There are 3 choices of main course to be chosen. Certainly, Thai food must be selected. It was very very delicious. The cabin crew who took care of me was a mid-age lady. She was very polite and service-minded. She always asks for my need and offers many things along the route. This was the great experience on business class I have experienced. Wifi was very good. 20Mb. free. You can buy more if you need but it is pricey.
AircraftA350-900
RouteIncheon to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"She sincerely apologized"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Kathmandu in August 2018. I was filming when I boarded the plane, and I think the "head stewardess" (she was wearing a different uniform) approached me and said that it is okay for me to film the airplane, but I shouldn't include the staff. I apologized and assured her that I won't include the staff. One of the stewardess was serving the second round of drinks and just passed by me. So I had to ask her for a cup of drink, so I can reserve it for meal time which they were also about to serve. The same stewardess who advised me about my filming was serving the meal in our section, where she asked me if I wanted to have "fish" or "chicken". I opted for a fish, however, there is no more available in her trolley. And so, she told me that she will just get one in the galley. And I waited and waited, I didn't call her attention at first because I was under the impression that she will serve me my fish, after she is done serving everyone. Until such time, she was serving coffee, that I had to ask for my fish. She then gave me my fish and sincerely apologized for the lapse.
RouteBangkok to Kathmandu

"communication was terrible"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Kansai to Colombo via Bangkok. Our flight deperture time was 11.40am, they displayed checkin 2hrs before and put transit passengers in a different queue. Then they started taking 1st class passengers and passengers whose end station was Bangkok. For 2hrs we waited in the queue with our baggage and when we inquired only they displayed that the flight was delayed for 8 hrs. And still nobody from the transit queue was taken - after we complained several times they took our baggage. Then we flew to Bangkok by the delayed flight and we missed the flight from Bangkok to Colombo by 1/2 hr. When we went to the ground staff they treated us as it was our fault we missed the flight. After many arguments they said we had to wait in the airport for 24 hrs for the next flight. They didn't even try any other flight. We were so tired and upset because we were travelling with our 2 kids. So we had to wait for 24hrs. The ground service and communication was terrible of the staff at Bangkok and Kansai airports.
RouteKansai to Colombo via Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"seats felt so uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Paris via Bangkok. Checking in at Sydney they had one person only serving economy passengers. Seeing there would be 250+ economy passengers it certainly took awhile to get to the front of the line. They did eventually have 3 staff as I got closer to the front of the que, but they sure took there time getting through the economy passengers. Getting on the plane was great they boarded from back to front, the only high light on my journey. We leave the gate and get to the end of the runway to hear an announcement from the captain that we are returning to the gate as there is a tech issue. He tells us it should take 20mins, it takes an hour. The service on board was very average. Very slow and when the meal cart came along I asked for beef as I didn't want the chicken to be told there is no option. Again, I understand and take the chicken. It was so hot with spices and curry I didn't finish it. The rest of the flight was just ok. Rarely saw the flight attendants. Very average IFE. I had a blanket on me and staff didn't check and see it I had my belt on. Also on both flights the cabin was so humid. I have never been on such a hot aircraft before. That's for both the 747 and A380. There are no air vents on either aircraft. The seats felt so uncomfortable that your backside hurts. When we arrived at Bangkok we didn't go to a terminal and had to climb down stairs in the rain and get on buses to transfer to terminal. All in all I would not choose Thai again. From there lack of cabin service to a flight delay (on the way home they changed us to another 747 in Bangkok as the first one was grounded due to another tech issue and we fly home on the 747 we arrived on with the tech issue in Sydney, we had to again climb up stairs, thankfully no rain this time).
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A380
RouteSydney to Paris via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"Boarding was efficient"

Trip Verified | I travelled with Thai Airways from Sydney to Bangkok. Boarding was efficient. I had Pre-ordered a sea food meal which was delivered before the normal cabin service. I was in the last row so I had a spare seat next to me. I enjoyed the flight and will fly with them whenever possible.
AircraftB747-400
Routesyd to bkk

"enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | I travelled with Thai Airways from Bangkok to Moscow. There was a little issue in Bangkok because they have to check if I have a visa for Russia. After that we all boarded. I have Pre-ordered a sea food meal which was delivered before the normal cabin service. I was in the last row so I had a spare seat next to me. I enjoyed the flight and will fly with them whenever possible.
RouteBangkok to Moscow

"Updates were minimal"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Lahore to Hanoi via Bangkok in May 2018. After having checked in for my flight from Lahore to Bangkok, I was waiting at the gate for the departure. Shortly before the scheduled departure time of 11:40pm an announcement was made informing passengers that the flight departure time had been delayed until 1:30am. At this time no explanation was given as to why this was happening (or if it was it wasn’t communicated in English). After the announcement I spoke to a Thai ground staff member and she told me that the flight had been delayed due to bad weather and had been rerouted to Amritsar, India. I understand that adverse weather occurs from time to time and that all airlines are governed by strict rules regarding how many hours the pilot and cabin crew are allowed to fly. I was however angry and disappointed at how the situation was handled by ground staff. Updates in the form of passenger announcements were minimal. Instead passengers had to search for Thai representatives to find out what was going on. Information was inconsistent and misleading: the plane was delayed due to bad weather; we would be leaving soon; we would not be leaving soon; the plane was delayed due a technical issue; the plan was delayed due to administrative problems in Amritsar. The lack of accurate information just added to the feelings of uncertainty and confusion. The main Thai Airways representative dealing with the situation was out of his depth. At many times during the evening he was surrounded by a mob of angry and confused passengers desperate to know what was going on. The representative tried to maintain his composure but at times raised his voice, including at me, this was extremely unprofessional. The real problems began when the flight was eventually cancelled, and the airline begrudgingly arranged accommodation for the passengers. There was no clear procedure, and nobody knew what was going on. Thai Airways took a situation that was very stressful and made it even more so. There was no clear procedure. Instead staff were constantly on their mobile phones telling customers to “wait a few minutes.” This continued for a couple of hours. Ironically it was the passengers, not the Thai Airways staff, who were most supportive of each other. Everyone was so confused. It really was survival of the fittest. People didn’t know where to go, and some instances gave up altogether. This chaos could have been so easily curtailed in so many ways: information on the loudspeaker system; a point person to explain the procedure; staff holding signs. In all my many years of travelling this was by far the worst experience. It was one of the worst nights of my life.
RouteLahore to Hanoi via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"really friendly and courteous"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Bangkok. The check-in process was smooth. I requested a good window seat, and they kept my request. The airplane was really good. I enjoyed the legroom, the entertainment system (though there was no Wi-Fi even though there was facility for it), and the food also. The staff was really friendly and courteous. This was my first time flying with Thai Airways. And I'm really satisfied with their service, and value for my money.
RouteDhaka to Bangkok

"a 4 star experience"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Manila to Vienna via Bangkok. The first leg from Manila to Bangkok was excellent, I preordered Seafood Meal which is the best option to go with as you get your meal the first before anybody else. The service was great, I always ordered 2 gin tonic and was never refused. Just the service I like, warm, hearty service. Then the second leg from Bangkok to Vienna was disappointing. Only mediocre service when service at all, staff was not present. When asked for a drink I got a response that only one alcoholic drink per time. Maybe because it was a red eye flight there was not the always present service. Seafood meal just awesome, shrimp based both times. Also the smoked salmon entrée wasn't disappointing. There were many cabin crew and when I asked for a drink I even had to go back to the kitchen with them instead of getting it served while watching a movie. However, a 4 star experience all in all because the flights were on time and the entertainment system was very good.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 787
RouteManila to Vienna via Bangkok

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | The flight from Bangkok to Taipei was excellent, service was outstanding. Crew were very kind and the duration of the flight was smooth. I just want Thai Airways to update the movie list inflight. Please add some movies options such as Hindi or Hollywood latest if possible. Overall service was excellent. I hope the quality of serving remains the same.
RouteBangkok to Taipei