Thai Airways

"it could be so much better"

Not Verified | Bangkok to London. Pros - Check-in smooth and efficient. Comfortable seat, good friendly efficient cabin crew. Flight was smooth and uneventful. Cons - Entertainment was not as varied as some (could take lessons from Emirates, Qatar and EVA) with poor choice of music and almost all TV shows were American - don't Thai know there are very good TV shows made in other English speaking countries?. Food was tasty and hot but portions were small. No menu cards offered so, didn't know what was being served until cabin crew offered "chicken or pork"? No mention of other items on the food tray. Mid flight sandwiches were kept in galley and not offered to seated passengers. At no point (other than meal times) did cabin crew come round offering drinks. Thai isn't a bad airline but, with simple attention to detail it could be so much better and only then would it be a real challenger to Emirates, Qatar or EVA. As it stands Thai lags behind the opposition.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"staff are polite and helpful"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bangkok. Thai Airways staff are polite and helpful. Aircraft very clean. Departure and arrival on time. I loved the video of Thai for safety. The seats are big. They use 3 seats in every line, so much more space.
RouteDelhi to Bangkok

"kind flight attendants"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. Flying with Thai airways International was an amazing experience, even, when I was in economy class. We have kind flight attendants and very good meal on both my flights from Vienna to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and back. Recommend it
RouteVienna to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Manila to Bangkok was cancelled"

Trip Verified | London to Manila via Bangkok. I had the reservation to fly back on 2nd February 2020. My flight on the 2nd of Feb 2020 from Manila to Bangkok was cancelled after several hours of delays. Passengers including me were allowed inside the aircraft and made to wait for a long time before it was cancelled. We were not given proper updates while we waited at the gate to board the aircraft. Only a ground staff when I asked personally, told me that there is a fuel leak and the engineers were working to fix the problem. The departure was scheduled for 1910 hours. At around 2100 hours, we were given a sandwich each and a drink. Then, for the next eight hours (0500 Hours on 3rd Feb 2020), I had not had another drink. We were made to wait for hours for the bus to take us to the hotel. Bus took over an hour to depart from the airport. After reaching the hotel, it took another hour or more to get us into the lobby of the hotel, as we were told to remain in the bus. Some people got out to buy snacks against your staff’s instructions. At 0500 I got into my hotel room. Breakfast was open from 6am. We were told to check out of the rooms by 2pm and the flight was supposed to leave at 5pm. We waited until 3:30pm at the lobby of the hotel to be boarded on the bus. After boarding the bus, the driver sat doing nothing. After waiting for over 45 minutes, I asked the driver, what are you waiting for. He said, airline staff. Then he got out of the bus, walked to the reception, returned in 2 minutes and drove us to the airport. There were no airline staff and there were no more passengers waiting for transportation to go to the airport. We just sat in the bus for someone to give the driver directions as what to do next. The flight departed at 1910 hours (7:10PM) on the 3rd Feb 2020, 24 hours later than it was supposed to. Never once I saw a senior Thai Airways personnel. I saw a few ground crew who were inexperienced and some unruly passengers intimidated them by their rude behaviour.
RouteManila to Heathrow via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"their crew are very nice"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Jakarta. Thai Airways for me its a good flight, from the inflight service i really like it. I had worst experience with one of the ground staff Check-in last month, and I hope my next flight experience will never happened like.. For the inflight services i like their food served very tasty, also their crew are very nice, polite and more communicative to passengers. Also the cabin ambience is very nice and neat.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBangkok to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Cannot fault staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Taipei with Thai Airways. Part of a Star alliance Journey. The plane was empty due to virus issues in Asia. The seat was comfortable and the service good, as one would expect with only 40 people on the plane. Western Breakfast poor, wrong choice. In-flight entertainment was adequate. Cannot fault staff.
RouteBangkok to Taipei

"Great experience overall"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. Flight was quite short for only 2 hours or less so it's understandable they serve food right after we took off. Food was good (I had chicken and my friend had prawn rice) though portion was a bit small. The dessert was quite good. The crew service was also quite great with friendliness and politeness (though misunderstanding may occur as some staff doesn't speak good English). We boarded a Boeing 777 so obviously seating was quite good. probably cuz of the flu season there're not so many passengers so it felt very spacious. A bonus point for the crew was that they knew about this and try to separate individual passengers far away from each other to get more comfort. Seat can be reclined quite easy, no major technical fault. IFE is quite up-to-date with basic movies package and also game. Though in some seats the IFE may not work. Great experience overall. Thai airways has proven me that they're a good airline just like how people think about them. If possible I'd like to fly with them again whenever going for another Bangkok adventure or even better a transit to another place.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"A bit of a disappointing flight"

Trip Verified | A bit of a disappointing flight from Paris CDG to Bangkok. The business cabin was old, seats worn-out, minuscule screens. A seating arrangment without an inch of privacy (vis a vis the alley and fellow travellers) if you were allocated odd number sats. To make it short, an old cabin that looks really outdated compared to its peers such as Qatar, Emirates, Etihad or Oman Air. Service & cabin crew are friendly, corteous and efficient. On the other hand, wines are second rated, and again, the selection can't stand comparison with mentioned newer competition. Same for the food, not bad, but not really appealing - a bit too much frozen/heated dinner from your supermaket frozen section. "Of course" no onboard wifi, 20 years ago Thai Airways was the asian excellency or close to, today competition makes it look a bit cheap and under retrofitted to new standards. Don't get me wrong, will fly again but only if fare is really good. Will prefer MEA airlines when possible & convenient (at least this flight was non-stop).
RouteParis CDG to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"make money through coronavirus"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, The service and aircraft is fine, not great but acceptable, however their customer care and way they are trying to make money through the coronavirus is unacceptable. Needed to fly to Melbourne from Bangkok with Thai but unfortunately due to an official advice, tried to delay the flight for 10 days due to the coronavirus concerns of the university. When tried to change the departure date by 10 days due to this reason (asked for no additional charge due to the health emergency), they asked to pay for this one way return flight to pay additional 25% of the total flight price (both legs) - this is just unacceptable to make profit on a health crisis! When trying again at the second customer care email, did not even got a reply till today.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the service is degraded"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Copenhagen. Its not usual that I choose to fly Thai Airways but I chose Thai this time because of my elderly parents and a direct flight. Normally I would fly Qatar from Europe to Bangkok and vice versa. The service onboard was rushed on a 11 hours 45 minutes flight. We are traveling with Thai air during the virus outbreak so all crew have mask on but When you have mask on, passengers cant see your smile. The crew I encountered were arrogant to me. The seats are good for me but they need to upgrade the screen though. The touchscreen display is not responsive, the contents are good. Comparing Thai Airways 15 years ago and now, the service is degraded.
RouteBangkok to Copenhagen