Thai Airways

"really looked after me"

Not Verified | Sydney to Paris via Bangkok. Breeze of a flight! From check in- to boarding in all cities, Thai Airways really looked after me. From the moment I boarded the flight, cabin crew were very pleasant giving us snacks instantly. After take off they gave us drinks directly, then meals and more snacks mid way through the flight followed by another meal. I was impressed with the food and the entertainment on board. Take off and landing were smooth and captain was very friendly keeping us up to date. I would recommend Thai Airways and fly them again Long haul.
RouteSydney to Paris via Bangkok

"I can recommend Thai"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. I enjoyed my flight. Check in was ok except I was told my luggage at 24 kg was too heavy when my allowance was 30 kg. Luckily I had my itinerary with me. The staff were friendly and helpful and efficient, even though the flight was full. The meal was fine although they ran out of one of the food options. Also although I enjoyed breakfast, it's a pity they didn't offer some variety on the flights? All of my 4 flights had an omelette. Also it's a pity they don't offer more choice on the IFE. Overall though I can recommend Thai.
RouteVienna to Bangkok

"very satisfactory flight"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. A very satisfactory flight. I actually managed to sleep for most of my journey. Check in was very quick and easy. A very good chicken curry was served for dinner. I was a bit tired of the same old breakfast (omelette with a sausage for the 4th time ) and unfortunately the fruit provided was half frozen. The service was pleasant ant efficient. IFE as on the previous flights , could have offered more choice.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2018

"very tasty meals were served"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Brussels. A comfortable flight. Two very tasty meals were served and the staff were efficient and polite. It was easy to connect from my Melbourne to Bangkok flight. The plane was clean and comfortable and they regularly served juice and water throughout the flight. Perhaps the IFE, while OK, could have been more choices to offer.
RouteBangkok to Brussels

"courteous and efficient"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Bangkok. I enjoyed my flight. It arrived and left on time. The staff were courteous and efficient and I appreciated that they served two meals which were very tasty. The aircraft was new and clean. I appreciated that they continually offered water throughout the flight. My only complaint was that the IFE could have been more extensive, Qantas and Emirates were much better.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Really not what was expected"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Surprising experience flying from Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok. It is a very short flight. The plane configuration is quite nice in the business but the business service is quite forgotten: a very basic white wine instead of the wine you have theoretically on the menu. A bus to arrive to the airport instead of a direct airport access and the bus shared with the economy class. Really not what was expected.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Staff not very friendly"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. The service was quite average. Staff were not very friendly. The food was disappointing. Very small. The breakfast was rubbery. Having travelled on Qantas, Qatar and Singapore Airlines the service and food is well below their standards. The movie selection was very limited and mostly old. I flew in October and then back on 2 November and they had not updated the entertainment system to the new movies for the month as per their website.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Terrible experience with check in"

Trip Verified | Paris to Bangkok. Terrible experience with check in at Paris CDG. They called me back at check in once once I was already in the boarding section. I had to exit the airport and check-in again. Absolutely no problem with my luggage. Will fly TG domestically in Thailand as choices are sometimes limited but for long haul like Bangkok Paris, there are options. I was flying business class and TG is expensive.
RouteParis to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2018

"as they claim, smooth as silk"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Flying out from Yangon to Manila via Bangkok, the flight was, "as they claim, smooth as silk". The FAs are very efficient despite being a full flight. The snack served in Yangon was just the right portion, tasty and hot and were served unhurriedly despite the short flight time. Bangkok to Manila flight was just as smooth, we were served breakfast that was hearty. IFE was sufficient for a short flight (3 hours). Despite the above, the boarding process from both departure points seem to be a bit chaotic due to over-eager passengers wanting to board the aircraft. Overall this was a comfortable flight and will fly with Thai Airways again.
RouteYangon to Manila via Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"refund will take four weeks"

Trip Verified | London to Sydney via Bangkok booked for December 2018. Thai Airways have cancelled my return flight from Sydney and put me on a flight where the timings didn't suit me, nor would they honour bulkhead seats for my husband that is 6'6". So I cancelled and chose another airline with suitable times and seat reservations. Only to be told my refund will take four weeks to process. I am told it is because the refund comes via their Thailand head office and not London. That makes no sense.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Bangkok