Thai Airways

"Not a Thai smile in sight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Bangkok. Not a Thai smile in sight on our recent business class flight Auckland to Bangkok and a very poor and disorganised service experience. The whole trip was quite stressful The failure of crew to help one passenger find a correct seat - too busy chatting. Hot towels distributed twice before take off which already gave a clue as to how disorganised the crew were . Told "run out of champagne" after one glass as aperitif. Rushed meal service, begun with 40 mins of take off and before the aperitif was finished - and this on a 12 hour daylight flight. Meal my companion ordered was later found to be not available. I was served the wrong meal - not the one I had ordered. Second service begun more than four hours out from landing - all cabin lights on for this, then blackout again after - and barely four hours after the first service ended. On requesting a second glass of white wine (Sancerre) told "we've run out". No-one passing with water at any time - had to go get it or use the call button. Only one person seemed to be on duty. at any one time. Requested water bottles - told run out of those too. Had to ask for landing cards. No eye mask in amenities kit - when I asked, was given the cheapest plastic/nylon one. No fast track card distributed for immigration - simply told you just show your boarding pass, but without any instruction that this is now in the main immigration area and not in the Fast track lane And this is Business class? Yes, it was a mileage ticket - but that should not be any excuse. An opportunity missed for Thai to gain an adherent. We travel three times a year from Thailand to France and multiple times a year to the Middle East. Back to Emirates for us!
RouteAuckland to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2019

"good option for 1 hour journey"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. A very good option for a 1 hour journey. They used a 20 year old Boeing 777 with old style business class which is fine for a 1 hr trip though my seat was struggling to move and adjust whilst seated on it. The lounge at BKK domestic is very decent and so was the food on board.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownMay 2019

"the crew was amazing"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Chengdu via Bangkok. The airplane was an A330 and it was a bit old. But because the journey was short it wasn’t a problem. The timing of the flight was perfect and the crew was amazing. Will recommend this airlines to a friend gladly.
RouteColombo to Chengdu via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"delightful experience"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. Terrific staff, delightful experience, highly recommended. IFE excellent, Food excellent, clean lavatories, Only slightly more expensive than Jetstar worth every cent. Every bit as good as Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines. Keep up the brilliant work, thank you.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2018

"was fine except one thing"

Not Verified | London to Hanoi via Bangkok. Everything about the flight was fine except one thing. We flew at noon, were served food and a drink quite quickly, all good. Unfortunately, as soon as trays were cleared we were told to close window blinds and lights were turned off. It was lunchtime! This is unacceptable. For the next few hours if you wanted a drink you had to go and find one (in the dark) This practice is fine on a night flight but not during the day.
RouteLondon to Hanoi via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2019

"onboard service was very good"

Trip Verified | I took a flight Krabi to Shanghai, connecting to Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi airport. The aircraft from Krabi to Bangkok was an A330 and the aircraft for the Shanghai leg was an A350. The aircrafts were in a good condition. I enjoyed the Airbus A350 because the cabin was quieter during take off. The Check in was fine, despite that I had to claim my bags at the connection point because I had a booking on stand by meaning that I would fly if there's space available. Fortunatly I had plenty of time to do so. The onboard service was very good. A snack was provided on the domestic leg and a full hot meal was provided on the International leg. The crew was simply great and amazing. They seemed happy to serve passengers with smiles. It was not the first time that I took Thai Airways and this time I got to enjoyed one their newest aircrafts. The only downside is that they don't fly across the Pacific to North America anymore. I won't doubt to fly again with Thai Airways if I have a chance to return in Thailand.
RouteKrabi to Shanghai via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2019

"received a warm welcome"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Thai uses a 1-2-1 configuration in business class on this aircraft. The price of a paid ticket on this route was about $700, and I paid 27,500 miles plus $100 in taxes. I specifically chose flights which were on their long-haul aircraft. The check in was fast, and with their gold members, Thai ask if we are satisfied with our seat selection or would prefer otherwise. Lounge located after check in not the best, but certainly not the worst. It filled up gradually. There is a 30 minute complimentary foot or back massage for business class customers. This flight was full in business. I had seat 15K which was staggered away from the aisle. I received a warm welcome by name and was asked what I would like to drink. I settled with a mimosa, and their champagne (Vevue Cliquot) has become my favourite. The service on this flight was prompt. Meal choices on the outbound were 3 chicken dishes, Thai, Western or Chinese style. I chose the Thai style which was fried rice with chicken and chinese sausage. A very authentic Thai breakfast, but the choice puzzles me. I had preordered my inbound meal, and it was a beef tenderloin steak with grilled veg and potatoes, and the beef was very tender. The seat has got to be one of the best business class seats I have experienced. It is comfortable, with a 180 degree recline, foot room is large, and there are storage areas around the seats. One thing to be improved is that the fabric is worn out and is due for replacement. The cabin crew on these flights are some of the most warm crew I've ever met. Everything was bought out on a tray and placed at your seat. I had some really nice conversations. It is true Thai hospitality. Entertainment is good, but Thai don't have the widest selection. Thai have some serious competition with Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific, and Thai charges some ridiculously high fares for their business class. I've got another ticket on Thai booked, but unfortunately this time it's in economy. There are little things which make up for all the bad things.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2019

"Food is absolutely terrible"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London. I have flown Thai many times over the past 26 years and although the inflight entertainment has improved considerably the rest of the service gets worse. The cabin was so hot when we were boarding people were fanning themselves with anything they could find. It didn't get better after take off. I had words with a staff member and she did eventually get the temperature a lot cooler. Then hours into the journey the plane became a fridge. I would have thought technology on a modern aircraft could keep the temperature at a reasonable level. Also on this aircraft there are no personal air vents so you are reliant on the crew knowing what they are doing. When the seat in front fully reclines there is very little room. You have to recline your own seat to focus on the TV screen. Food is absolutely terrible on Thai. 90% of the passengers are European. Rice, Thai chicken sausages and a fried egg slapped on top might be fine for Thai customers but everyone I could see barely touched their food. Thai must throw away so much food in one flight - the only food myself and my family enjoyed was a Kit Kat in my son's goody box that Thai gave him. Cabin crew haven't improved over the years. Still poor communicators. On a positive note, check in staff were very good and efficient at Bangkok.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownApril 2019

"the crew service was good"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Dubai. The pre departure facility for Thai Airways is very good as you have an exclusive check in area with its own security and immigration which is excellent. The escalator takes you directly into the lounge and business class passengers have a fee 30 minute spa session which is again excellent and very relaxing. There was a delay of an hour at the gate which was not managed efficiently. In the flight there was no wifi working and no interactive flight maps so it was frustrating not to know the details of your flight, and a total lack of information being relayed by the captain and not a word of apology for the delay or the reason. In any case, the flight was overall good and the crew service was good. The best part was the choice of Thai meal with soup, salad, main course and dessert- all Thai cuisine.
AircraftA350-500
RouteBangkok to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2019

"flight was already departed"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Sydney via Bangkok. The transit period was 1 hour and 30 minutes at Bangkok. The flight was delayed from India by an hour and so. When I arrived to Bangkok there was a person with the board with just written gate number on it. I noticed the gate number and tried to find the way to it. After some time I get to know which way to go. Then there were no one who can quickly do security check as My flight is about to depart. By the time I arrived on gate my flight was already departed. I went to the ticket counter they said its my mistake that I couldn’t catch flight. And if I want to catch next flight then I need to pay $372 AUD. However the initial plan was delayed it was not my fault. Then nobody notified that flight is about to depart they just told the gate number. I don’t know the way to gate it was also not my fault. There was long queue in security check and for us there were no arrangements to clear the security check quickly and reach to the gate again it was not my fault. I had to spend whole 24 hours at airport. They didn’t provide any lounge or complementary food
RouteDelhi to Sydney via Bangkok