Thai Airways

"made a mistake in our booking"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | We made a mistake in our booking of the return flight in November 2019 and immediately noticed this. Due to the departure just after midnight, we clicked the wrong date: one day too early. We contacted customer support immediately to report this and to get this solved. 2 days later, many phone calls and emails later to both Brussels and Bangkok, no decent alternative is offered. We get the message that our ticket was a promotion ticket (we never noticed this) and that no seats are available in other flight. When we check the correct flight, we still find seats available. Then they come with the excuse that it's not the same class. We are not talking about difference between business or economy. Apparently, Thai Airways also divide the economy in different classes with each letter of the alphabet. When we look closer, we see that every day the tickets are divided in different classes which makes it impossible to switch to another day in same class. Instead of helping us for the mistake, customer support keeps hiding behind the 'there are no tickets in same class' or proposes very high cost for cancellation of half the ticket price per person. Even when we are offering to pay the difference in price or a reasonable fee, the answer stays that they can't help us. As every day has different classes, Thai Airways makes it impossible to switch. This is simply very poor customer service and doesn't help anyone.
RouteBrussels to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"not provide a transit visa"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Mumbai via Bangkok. My flight was delayed resulting in a twenty hour layover at Bangkok airport. The airline did not provide a transit visa or hotel. The ground staff were rude.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteOsaka to Mumbai via Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"couldn't have been more disappointing"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I was overwhelmed by flying the new Airbus A350 and even more for the food, since Thai food is my favourite cuisine. My experience with Thai Airways couldn't have been more disappointing (food-wise) on both 'to and from' flights. My flight had a layover in Bangkok, which means I took 4 planes and 4 meals in total. The food was so awful, no taste at all! The chicken tasted like plastic, the curry was horrible, as were the vegetables. The food was so bad, I refused 2 meals on my 12hr flight from Bangkok to Brussels! The cabin crew came only twice to serve water on the 12hrs flight. With the very dry air blowing from the A/C, this was very shocking. Inflight entertainment is very poor. The choice is very restricted. The Airbus A350 was pretty uncomfortable. The seats have almost no knee room. I'm 183cm. You have to be very lucky that the passenger up front doesn't recline his seat, or else, you're pretty screwed. Long live the money making industry.
AircraftA350-900 XWB
RouteBali to Brussels via Bangkok

"an excellent flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I would like to acknowledge Thai Airways for an excellent flight from Bangkok to Milan Malpensa. They show that flying in economy can still be a great experience: excellent attention to service, the best and most complete meals and drinks in flight. Its what flying could be about for many travelers. This is the second international flight in one year I have done and they are keeping the standards. No flight delays, no lost baggage. Well done Thai.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBangkok to Milan
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Crew were not very friendly"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Phuket via Bangkok. I would like to state that I used Thai Airways hearing that they were a good airline to fly with. Service was standard and drinks were given sparingly. Crew were not very friendly and overall I would have rather flown with another carrier. A380 aircraft no air vents and the cabins were warm. Pretty rubbish flight and wouldn’t used them again. Wouldn’t recommend.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Phuket via Bangkok

"Overall good experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bangkok,check in was smooth, though I had chosen a seat during booking but at the time of checking come to know due to some problem they had changed the seat, and the given one was better than early one. Boarding on time, departed on time, staff looks little tired, good food and beverage, comfortable seats, arrived Bangkok on time. Overall good experience. IFE was not working in entire aircraft.
RouteDelhi to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Overall a good experience"

Trip Verified | Travelled 1st week of September between Bangkok and Singapore - arriving from Delhi. Boarding was smooth, courteous staff, good food and beverages, ok seats, arrived on time. Overall a good experience.
RouteBangkok to Singapore

"Tired looking crew"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Auckland. From check-in to leaving the plane we were not impressed. Tired looking crew that certainly do not know what a smile even is. Crew could not serve dinner quick enough - almost felt like it was thrown at us. Ran out of salty snacks prior to this, and crew member said he would come back with more, but never did so many did not even get this. Breakfast was inedible - both myself and my husband didn't eat our bland white looking breakfast. No drinks served through night on 10.5 hour flight. Movie choice terrible and connectivity no better. Did not perform important pre-landing check, a lady opposite us had her laptop out throughout landing and they did not check seat belts or anything. This is pretty basic and essential. Gave Thai Airways 2 tries and both flights very lacklustre service. We are frequent flyers, but will not fly them again.
RouteBangkok to Auckland
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"excellent food and service"

Trip Verified | Perth to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. Good points: Highly attentive crew, excellent food and service - free-flowing alcohol for fellow fliers - and very smooth transit at Bangkok with a dedicated immigration lane, my bags checked through the Chiang Mai. The seating on the Airbus from Perth was disappointingly cramped, the leg room poor compared to budget airlines - not so for Boeing 777 on the internal flight, the aircraft long-in-the-tooth and looking it. lacking at-seat power supplies.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-200
RoutePerth to Chiang Mai via Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Staff not friendly"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Moscow. It was really awful and disappointing. Aircraft dirty and in bad condition, Staff not friendly and not smiley to me. Very disappointing. Food for me was the worst food. The entertainment did not work well, with errors, just a few languages available. Maybe just a bad luck on this trip.
RouteBangkok to Moscow