Thai Airways

"been 1 month they are ignoring"

Trip Verified | I book a Thai airways ticket fro Kathmandu to Sydney, I got a notice later that trip from Kathmandu to Bangkok was cancelled. Later know that Thai airways was never operating from Kathmandu to Bangkok now day. I asked a refund but it has been 1 month they are ignoring.
RouteKathmandu to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Service on first leg was very poor"

Trip Verified | My route was SYD-CPH via BKK return. With the exception of a tasty curry, every meal ranged from typical airline food (ie, quite awful) to inedible. One glass of wine with the meal was the only alcohol served. Entertainment was hardly entertaining. Choice was very limited (eg Music channel consisted of 5 pod casts and one Thai Airways music selection). Movies were very old, no games or puzzles. The most entertaining screen was the live map which I viewed on-and-off for 19 hours. Service on first leg was very poor. Eg, when service manager was asked by a passenger if he had a pen for the disembarkation form he answered "no" and walked off. Other legs it was much better. No on-board duty free sales. Ground staff in CPH gave wrong information. Is this typical of Thai Airways or the new Covid airline?
RouteCopenhagen to Sydney via Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I will never fly with them again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | 2 years after bankruptcy and 2 years into COVID you would have thought TG would have taken the opportunity to address their customer service weaknesses… sadly not… flying fewer planes they are even worse than before, nothing has changed. It remains an airline run for the staff and not for the passengers. Check in was a car crash in a half built check in area. When we got to the gate, the usual performance, 1 person checking tickets, 4 people standing around looking important and a huge queue of fare paying customers going nowhere. I think it was their only international flight that evening and guess what we took off late - nothing changes. On the aircraft, on the short hop to Phuket we weren’t offered a glass of water; interestingly the spare flight deck officer got a lovely meal, drink and attention from the crew, people paying for the seat got nothing. The airline is awful and has made no attempt to improve itself, unless I am in an absolute emergency I will never fly with them again.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they wouldn't refund me"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | My flight for 21st November from Taipei to Bangkok was cancelled for 3 times, and Thai Airways resisted that since the ticket I bought was not refundable, they wouldn't refund me even it's Thai airways cancelled the flights without any reasons given.
RouteTaipei to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2021

"1 year since I have asked for refund"

Trip Verified | The airline changed the route and I cancelled the flight and asked for full ticket refund, and it is 1 year since I have asked for refund (including numerous e-mails, phone messages, and many phone calls, and I have a full detailed record of all that) and nothing happened. I believe that what the Airline is doing is not logical nor it is credible.
RouteSydney to Vienna via Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"seem to to be using COVID as an excuse to cut all costs"

Not Verified | Honestly the worst flight (from booking through to landing) that I have ever had. Before flight needed to contact Thai Airways and all their phone lines are completely closed due to Covid. Only way to contact them is through email which they do not reply (still not received any reply after 6 weeks to an email sent before this flight) or Facebook messenger where they are unable to help with anything anyway. This fact alone should stop anyone booking with Thai Airways in the current Covid situation as if anything goes wrong that requires you to contact Thai Airways (which in the current situation is always a fairly high possibility) there is literally no way to contact them. As a comparison with my recent flight with Singapore Airlines they replied to emails within the hour, and phone calls within 2 minutes. Then the flight - Seats are the usual Thai Airways business class product. Nowhere near the best, but not bad and as expected. However for a 12 hour flight there was no inflight entertainment. Apparently due to risk of covid from people touching the screens. (Obviously that is completely different from people touching seats or trays). Far more important for safety should have been the used washbag that was still in my seat when I sat down, and the rubbish in my wife’s seat. Clearly Thai Airways cleaning measures during COVID are inferior to other airlines cleaning measures during normal times, let alone in the current situation. No WiFi. Didn't bother me as I rarely drink alcohol on planes, but for information purposes there is no alcohol available apparently due to Covid. Again for comparison Singapore Airlines inflight entertainment currently works fine. Clearly just a cost cutting measure from an airline in financial trouble. Which when paying a normal Business Class fare is just completely unacceptable. Poor quality food (economy class meal standard). Main served mostly cold. Of course being served on one tray is understandable in the situation, but what is not understandable is the pathetic quality. Again other airlines are still managing to serve good quality food. They frankly just seem to to be using COVID as an excuse to cut all costs and offer an appalling business product The only good thing that could be said about the whole experience is as usual the cabin crew were generally friendly when they were actually in the cabin. But that obviously does not make up for appalling food, no entertainment on a 12 hour Business Class Flight, no ability to contact anyone at the airline by phone to make changes to tickets (something that is actually more important during the current COVID situation, not less so), tired and worn seat, poor boarding procedures, uncompetitive carry on luggage for business class etc. Used to be a good airline (I have flown them many times before in First, Business and also Economy) but they have gone so far downhill I will never be flying them again unless I have a flight for which it is completely unavoidable. Would recommend people avoid them at all costs.
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2021

"Flight was excellent"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok. Thank you so much Thai Airways for this special charter flight and for getting all the teachers back into Thailand. Flight was excellent; on time with excellent food. No alcohol due to Covid presumably. IFE a bit sparse but just about adequate. Toilets generally kept clean. Friendly and efficient crew.
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"cannot fault Thai Airways product"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Rome in January 2020.. I used my Royal Orchid Plus gold Frequent-flier upgrade to fly business class on this flight. I had reserved the meals onboard before checking in, as Thai have a small menu for business class fliers to choose from. Check in at Bangkok airport was very well appointed, with sit-down check in desks at Row A in Suvarnabhumi Airport. Even though they’re not part of the same alliance, they even checked my luggage through on Alitalia. Private security and immigration for biz/first is such a treat, i was through in seconds. Then you’re directly down an escalator to the Royal Orchid Lounge. It’s an amazing lounge, they even include a 30 minute free massage for biz passengers, and I recommend heading to the spa first thing before heading to the lounge to reserve your spa appointment. Boarding was done by bus and stairs, and we pushed back on time. Before pushback a flight attendant came around and greeted us by name. She confirmed my meal order and asked my mum what she would like for dinner. I found out from a friend flying to Brussels that all flights to Europe get the exact same choices when he sent me a picture of his dinner. Some interesting welcome drinks were bought to you, a choice of tamarind ice tea, champagne, and a Thai floral drink I cannot remember the name of. All flights had a very light load, and I switched seats for sleeping/eating. The first course was foie gras terrine, followed by a Thai main course which I preordered, spicy shrimp coconut curry, served with a beef pho-style broth, and steamed veggies. It was just what I wanted. Comfort food. There was a small dessert before I dozed off. Before landing the flight attendant woke me up and promptly served a plate of cold cuts and cheese, but I wasn’t full so I asked for the Thai breakfast, boiled rice soup with Shrimp and pork meatballs. On the return flight I had a veal dish for lunch, and Thai style omelette with boiled rice soup and chicken for breakfast, the veal dish was quite exquisite but the breakfast is easily described as comfort food for me. The new dishware is quite bleak. Service on the flights were immaculate. Very prompt as you should be on a late night flight, a full meal service finished an hour after takeoff. Day flights are a little less rushed. The flight attendants are courteous and professional. The seat is very comfortable and Thai provide a mattress cover which makes the bed more comfortable. The footwell is also quite large. Ground service in Rome was very nice, the Alitalia lounge was very good. However I’d recommend taking a detour to the D gates and going to the Star Alliance Lounge in Fiumicino Airport. It’s got very nice views of the airport. Overall I cannot fault Thai Airways product.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBangkok to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"welcome us onboard with smile"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Bali on Thai Boeing 777, the plane seat was very comfortable the food was great. I also had a time to use the inflight entertainment. Sadly, the flight time to Bali was only 4 hrs. The cabin crew welcome us onboard with smile.
RouteBangkok to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2019

"charge me $150 to get my refund"

Trip Verified | I book at ticket with Thai, but then informed (not by Thai, but by a friend) that I need a negative COVID test, which you can't get cause you can't get tested. I have a doctors certificate stating I am healthy and not showing symptoms, but this isn't enough and I'm not allowed on the flight. When I then ask for a refund, Thai charge me $150 to get my refund. This is completely ridiculous as I did not choose to cancel my flight, I was not allowed on the flight! I had to buy another ticket with another airline because Thai wouldn't allow me.
RouteMelbourne to Copenhagen via Bangkok