Thai Airways

“No more Thai for me!”

Not Verified | Took Thai business class first time to Bangkok. From SYD normally I take Qatar or Qantas! Was over 7 kg weight limit due to tight allowance compared to others they charged me $450 extra! Top service in air& food but $450 extra for 7 kg bus class ticket was too much! No more Thai for me!
AircraftA350-900
RouteSydney to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2024

“staff are friendly”

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | The staff are friendly and the seat is comfortable. The air ticket is a bit expensive. There are TV and many delicious foods to eat. This is the best airlines I have travelled.
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"comfortable seat layout"

Not Verified | Flight was great and comfortable seat layout was also great, Thai Airways has a 3-3-3 seat layout. I was impressed by the legroom! 32 inch (81 Cm), it gives a feeling that THAI actually cares about experience. Overall food was good. You had 2 options I had chicken with rise the other was mashed beteatos. Inflight entertainment was fine but could be updated. Cabin crew was Super friendly and hard working. Overall the flight was smooth as Silk!
AircraftBoeing 777 300ER
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2024

"strengthened my trust in them"

Trip Verified | Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta onboard their Boeing 787-9 on my second time taking TG433. Check-in at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi was relatively smooth sailing, but considering Thailand is known as the "Land of Smiles", I think the check-in agent could have been just a bit friendlier and more smiley. That being said, the rest of the ground staff members lived up to that title. Boarding was done late, and once I stepped onboard, I was welcomed by the fresh, clean, and comfortable cabin with wonderful mood lighting. The crews even set the light to do some rainbow-themed light show onboard. My seat, 57K, was very comfortable, user-friendly, and had plenty of features. The only possible drawback was that the seat slid forward when reclined, but for me, it wasn't a problem. The take-off was late, but afterwards, despite some turbulence, meal service commenced. There were two options: an omelet with chicken sausage and a chicken stew with rice and vegetables. I opted for the latter, which was presented nicely and tasted delicious. It reminded me of what I would usually have in some Asian restaurant. The In-Flight Entertainment was very responsive and had a customizable, beautiful layout. It wasn't too bad on the content side as well; however, more contents could have been added, especially the Western selections. The flight attendants of this flight truly lived up to the Royal Orchid branding. They were all hardworking, friendly, attentive, caring, and cheerful, although they were sometimes rushed when it came to explaining the menu. What I liked about them was that they strictly enforced the no-lavatory policy during turbulence but were also polite in enforcing it. The flight crews also gave the passengers enough time to prepare for the turbulence, with announcements warning passengers that a cloud-covered area was coming. They also put the seatbelt sign on long before the turbulence and everyone complied. There were a couple of passengers who, perhaps by an honest mistake, disregarded the sign, and the crews remained polite while staying firm. Landing was only a few minutes late, and the bag did take a considerable amount of time to arrive. Overall, this flight was better than my previous TG433 flight, and that Royal Orchid branding just keeps on blooming. This flight just strengthened my trust in them.
RouteBangkok to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2024

"180 days to process refund"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Used to fly quite a lot with Thai and was always happy with their service. However, so far never had to cancel. This time wasn’t sure I will need that flight so bought a refundable fare. When trying to cancel, realized that the airline makes this specially difficult to do as there is no way to do it yourself online nor clear instructions how to do it. My emails were not answered. After finally getting through via the phone was told that it will take 180 days not including holidays and weekends to process the refund. 5 months on and still waiting for my money. Never again Thai Airways, this is not a way to treat your customers.
RouteBangkok to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2024

“low on value for money”

Trip Verified | First leg MEL to BKK on an A350-900. Food was OK, nothing special, but adequate. Lack of snacks and drinks though which is disappointing, liquids should be regularly provided on long hauls. Seat was very comfortable though which was nice, very good recline. Entertainment sub-par from a big airline like TA, I was disappointed, a lot of the films were unknown to me and not 'good' movies, TV shows were barely watchable. Quiet and comfy journey, polite staff, overall a good flight, no complaints. Two people had medical problems, fainting, which I think was due to the heat inside the plane, it was very hot in my opinion. Usually I wrap up because it gets cold with the AC, but I had to strip off and I was still dripping with sweat. Maybe they had an issue with the system. Second leg was on a 777-300, which had a random seat layout. I was in 49H which felt was obstructing the aisle, I was in front of the curtain and there was only just enough room for the trolley to get past. When I booked the flight there were only a few seats left, however, the plane was only half full, which meant many lucky passengers got rows to themselves. I'm frustrated at that because I only had 2 seat options for extra leg room as I have to have one due to my excessive height, yet there were many exit seats empty which had more space than my seat. The TV was all sticky and dirty, covered in coffee and tar which I had to clean myself. Barely any water or drinks handed out on the 12.5hr trip which is frustrating. Seat was comfy though, great recline, food was better than the first leg. There seemed to be a leak from the AC near my seat and a lot of water was running down the bulkhead. Quiet flight, same entertainment as the first leg (not uncommon), but overall a good trip. Staff were friendly and helpful, which I always expect from TA. I paid a lot for the return flight, as I had to book last minute, and due to the amount of empty seats I'm scoring it low on value for money, I feel mislead because of what I was shown as seat availability.
RouteMelbourne to London via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2024

“totally unacceptable and dangerous”

Trip Verified | Travelled with an 11 week old baby whom we were charged $700 for, and were not given a bassinet on either flight. The staff in Perth informed us that Thai sell the bulkhead seats as premium legroom, and if the seats are booked by others, babies don’t get accommodated. This is totally unacceptable and dangerous: new parents are generally sleep deprived anyway, and shouldn’t be expected to stay awake and alert whilst holding a baby for over 24 hours. The staff in Thailand confirmed this policy and despite no other babies being on the flight we had no bassinet. Even worse, if the bulkhead seats weren’t already booked, we would need to pay the premium for the legroom seats (over $170 each seat), if we want to avoid the danger of holding the baby for the 24 hours of flying. Unbelievable penny pinching that is putting babies’ safety at risk.
RoutePerth to London Heathrow via Bangkok

“Get your timings right”

Not Verified | Flight delay reason given short connection…… never heard of this. Get your timings right so that all these passengers are not waiting because of your scheduling issues.
RouteBangkok to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2024

"service mind are above average"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Our return flight from Osaka was quite different from the outbound that we recently reviewed. Online check-in was done, immigration & security procedures went well. We cannot comment on the lounge that much because time was short due to our delayed airport train arrival from an accident with injury along the route. Boarding & seating, again in 1-2-1 configuration were fine. Welcome drinks and lunch menu service were fine. I chose a Thai meal, and the request was well taken. But later on, when it comes to the main dish, I was told that it wasn't available! I thus have to choose the western dish which is a steak. The steak is overcooked (well done texture) but tender enough. A choice of very good Laugen roll makes the meal forgivable. Wine was good. The overall teamwork, attention, service mind are above average. Again, as in the previous review, inconsistencies among flights are among THAI weaknesses to be competitive with other Star Alliance partners serving similar routes.
RouteOsaka-Kansai to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2024

"not impressed with this flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | After several attempts, we (my wife & I) finally are able to get our miles redeemed and booked this flight before our loads of miles will expire. Check-in, immigration, & security checks are efficient. The lounge F & B items are mediocre. BTW, some of the male toilets & urinals were out of order. Boarding was efficient and seating in 1-2-1 configuration is fine. I'd need to request for the welcome drink, we also need to remind an attendant for the meal choice after being inadvertent passed by, but the in-flight manager/purser later came in to politely apologise. I chose a Japanese course for the lunch, but unfortunately there was no Sake to complement it. Am I wrong about this observation? Thus, I requested for a Sauvignon Blanc but was given a Chardonnay! The Japanese choice was very good, but rice was quite dry on the top perhaps from over reheating. After meal, I requested for an Espresso but was told that it wasn't available because someone forgot to load it and I was then given a black coffee in lieu of it. IFE was fine. In all, we are not impressed with this flight, and it wasn't THAI that we used to have very good impression. The team wasn't synchronised nor consistent. THAI needs to recognise these points and improve them to be competitive with other Star Alliance carriers in the region which we used to fly, and they seem spotless in their services.
RouteBangkok to Osaka-Kansai