Thai AirAsia

"Quick and easy flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Very nice gate staff at UTH airport, offered a better seat, due to me using crutches right now. Helpful staff on board too, much appreciated. Quick and easy flight, all great!
RouteUdon Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2022

"No major issues with the flight"

Trip Verified | No major issues with the flight. Leg room is pretty tight. But you get what you pay for. Flight was full, there was no options to buy on board due to COVID restrictions, that didn’t make much difference. On time no problems.
RouteKrabi to Chiang Mai
Date FlownApril 2022

"the kindness of the staff was touching"

Trip Verified | Made half a dozen flights with Thai AirAsia over a period of one month. Each time we chose their red seats some sort of Premium Economy. For a low cost airline, my wife and I were stunned by the courtesy of the staff both ground staff and crew, I can say well over the Thai national airline in business class! My wife was handicapped and the kindness of the staff with her was touching, not only on this flight but on all of them. All of the flights took off 5 or 10 minutes early so each time we arrived on the dot: 6 times in a row the very frequent flyer I am has seldom seen that. Only criticism: this airline has a very stupid rule (about unique in the world excepted the bankrupted SAA!): you cannot use a tablet during the first and last 20 minutes which means 2/3 of the flight.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"cancelled the flight to Surat Thani again"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | We have booked flight to Chumpon for a big group of over 20 person since early last year but was cancelled due to Covid19 epidemic. Therefore we have to postpone flight to October 2021 but was cancelled by Air Asia only 2 weeks before flight. Then we move the flight to February 2022 but was informed again the the flight was cancelled without certain date. Desperately, we change the destination to fly to Surat Thani on February 10, 2022 and plan to drive back to Chumphon. Incredibly, Air Asia cancelled the flight to Surat Thani again without good reason.
RouteBangkok to Chumphon
Date FlownOctober 2021

"very reasonable price"

Not Verified | Booked last minute Phuket-Bangkok flights. My friend and I had hand baggage only so very reasonable price. Check in and boarding really quick and efficient. Phuket domestic terminal very modern and pleasant. Cabin crew very smart and aircraft in very good condition. Don Muang airport eerily quiet. Return flight equally well organised and efficient.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2021

"impossible to rebook in the future"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Krabi. 2 days after booking, Thai AirAsia advised by sms that due to covid-19 my flights were cancelled and advised to rebook or get a credit to be used on another flight but I will have to pay the difference if the price is higher but no refund if price was lower! There is no phone number or email and we have to deal with an online robot which starts to process the rebooking and then stops and redirects you to an online agent. However, there are no online agents and the screen sits for hours/days with the message ''Welcome to Live Chat - Please wait while we connect you to an available agent, we will be with you shortly.'' They are obliged to refund the cancelled tickets but don't want to do that and also make it impossible to rebook in the future. I am appalled that there is no human being in place to deal with customers who have been subjected to their cancellations.
RouteBangkok to Krabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refused to waive rescheduling fees"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Phitsanulok to Bangkok booked for April 2020. Unsympathetic airline which refused to waive rescheduling fees during this difficult period when there are so many travel restrictions to control the COVID-19 virus. It is not possible to get through their hotline, even waiting for the online customer service officer took me 2 days. For a 3000 baht ticket, they charged me 1700 baht for rescheduling. Incredulous we are discouraged from traveling for leisure during this period of lockdown.
RoutePhitsanulok to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"oversized and overweight carry-on"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Chiang Mai. At Taoyuan Airport check-in AirAsia ground crew insisted on checking in my slightly oversized and overweight carry-on, and they refused to make an exception. So I had to check in the luggage and collect luggage at the carousel in CNX. I paid the NT$1200, but the ground crew refused to issue a Government Uniform Invoice, only a receipt. Ground crew was said he was the final authority, so "did not need to know his staff ID." I have filed a complaint with AirAsia, worst ground crew in all my years of travel. board.
RouteTaipei to Chiang Mai

"Everything is great"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phnom Penh. I use the Self-check-in Counter. Everything is great I was surprised by the legroom of Thai Air Asia. The legroom is so spacious, more spacious than other Air Asia aircraft. And Thai Air Asia is the most spacious Legroom on low-cost airlines I ever tried. The cabin crew is nice. Another on-time flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Phnom Penh
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"was surprised by the legroom"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Bangkok. The check-in counter Staff is Nice. Everything is great I was surprised by the legroom of Thai Air Asia. The legroom is so spacious, more spacious than other Air Asia aircraft. And Thai Air Asia is the most spacious Legroom on low-cost airlines I ever tried. The cabin crew is nice. Another on-time flight.
AircraftA320-200