Thai AirAsia

"cancelled the flight to Surat Thani again"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | We have booked flight to Chumpon for a big group of over 20 person since early last year but was cancelled due to Covid19 epidemic. Therefore we have to postpone flight to October 2021 but was cancelled by Air Asia only 2 weeks before flight. Then we move the flight to February 2022 but was informed again the the flight was cancelled without certain date. Desperately, we change the destination to fly to Surat Thani on February 10, 2022 and plan to drive back to Chumphon. Incredibly, Air Asia cancelled the flight to Surat Thani again without good reason.
RouteBangkok to Chumphon
Date FlownOctober 2021

"very reasonable price"

Not Verified | Booked last minute Phuket-Bangkok flights. My friend and I had hand baggage only so very reasonable price. Check in and boarding really quick and efficient. Phuket domestic terminal very modern and pleasant. Cabin crew very smart and aircraft in very good condition. Don Muang airport eerily quiet. Return flight equally well organised and efficient.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2021

"impossible to rebook in the future"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Krabi. 2 days after booking, Thai AirAsia advised by sms that due to covid-19 my flights were cancelled and advised to rebook or get a credit to be used on another flight but I will have to pay the difference if the price is higher but no refund if price was lower! There is no phone number or email and we have to deal with an online robot which starts to process the rebooking and then stops and redirects you to an online agent. However, there are no online agents and the screen sits for hours/days with the message ''Welcome to Live Chat - Please wait while we connect you to an available agent, we will be with you shortly.'' They are obliged to refund the cancelled tickets but don't want to do that and also make it impossible to rebook in the future. I am appalled that there is no human being in place to deal with customers who have been subjected to their cancellations.
RouteBangkok to Krabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refused to waive rescheduling fees"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Phitsanulok to Bangkok booked for April 2020. Unsympathetic airline which refused to waive rescheduling fees during this difficult period when there are so many travel restrictions to control the COVID-19 virus. It is not possible to get through their hotline, even waiting for the online customer service officer took me 2 days. For a 3000 baht ticket, they charged me 1700 baht for rescheduling. Incredulous we are discouraged from traveling for leisure during this period of lockdown.
RoutePhitsanulok to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"oversized and overweight carry-on"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Chiang Mai. At Taoyuan Airport check-in AirAsia ground crew insisted on checking in my slightly oversized and overweight carry-on, and they refused to make an exception. So I had to check in the luggage and collect luggage at the carousel in CNX. I paid the NT$1200, but the ground crew refused to issue a Government Uniform Invoice, only a receipt. Ground crew was said he was the final authority, so "did not need to know his staff ID." I have filed a complaint with AirAsia, worst ground crew in all my years of travel. board.
RouteTaipei to Chiang Mai

"Everything is great"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phnom Penh. I use the Self-check-in Counter. Everything is great I was surprised by the legroom of Thai Air Asia. The legroom is so spacious, more spacious than other Air Asia aircraft. And Thai Air Asia is the most spacious Legroom on low-cost airlines I ever tried. The cabin crew is nice. Another on-time flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Phnom Penh
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"was surprised by the legroom"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Bangkok. The check-in counter Staff is Nice. Everything is great I was surprised by the legroom of Thai Air Asia. The legroom is so spacious, more spacious than other Air Asia aircraft. And Thai Air Asia is the most spacious Legroom on low-cost airlines I ever tried. The cabin crew is nice. Another on-time flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSiem Reap to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"in the end its fine"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Surat Thani. The airline is fine, but they have an issue with customer service. They changed our flight schedule, and we tried to contact them to cancel our flight many times and could never reach anyone. They dont answer phone calls, its all thru their chat robot, which never connects you to a real person. Since they changed the hour of our flight, they should give us the option to cancel, they didnt. We ended up having to do a much longer trip changing our other transportation to fit this flight. I wont say I don't recommend this airline due to one incident, because its cheap, so in the end its fine. but I wanted to let people know their customer service is atrocious.
RouteBangkok to Surat Thani
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I ended up with three seats"

Trip Verified | Nagoya to Bangkok on Thai Air Asia. I ended up with three seats because people moved. I did not have food. I will fly them again.
RouteNagoya to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I have to turn off the phone"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Worst airline i have traveled with. I am regular size and barely fit into seat. I do not understand the point of printing tickets at home when I then have to stand in the same queue and wait for baggage drop. Stewardess comes to me 5 times to tell me that I have to turn off the phone that flight mode is not enough. Not flying with them again.
RouteBangkok to Phuket