Thai AirAsia

"cabin baggage excess"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Bangkok. Do not book AirAsia assuming it provides cheap fair It is a trap. They show low fare without check in baggage, and while boarding they will charge you 5k INR if cabin baggage excess by half kg or more. They keep extra people to deal with you and go any extent.
RouteBangalore to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"ground staff get a minus 5"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Hong Kong. Upon entering Bangkok Don Mueang Airport, I knew I was in for trouble. The crowd rivaled Times Square on New Year's Eve, but with less security and less discipline. I went to a booth marked Air Asia help, but the lone lady attending confused passengers was working on her computer and completely ignoring people at the counter. After about 10 minutes she looked up and curtly directed me to a herd at check-in area 1. After 10 minutes in that line ( which was marked "charter flights" ), a passing Air Asia employee explained that this was the wrong area and directed me to another herd at area 2. 20 minutes later, when I finally reached the counter, the check in agent informed me that my tennis racquets were potential weapons and had to be checked baggage - but first they must be wrapped somewhere "over there".That was another line that took 20 minutes and cost 300 bahts- about 10 USD. Keep in mind that I was a premium "hot seat" passenger. It was now about 15 minutes before boarding time, and we still had passport control and security to clear. A sign at the passport line estimated a 45 minute wait. My goose was cooked, BUT, after 10 minutes in that line, I discovered that there existed a much shorter courtesy line for invalids, pregnant women, and seniors. ( finally an advantage to my 72 years ). That line still took 12 minutes, and it was now boarding time with security still ahead. That actually went quickly, and I arrived at the bus-remote boarding gate at last call. The flight itself was actually quite pleasant. The attendants were efficient, the pre-ordered food was tasty, and I had all of row 1 to myself. Later, at HKG, to my great relief, my racquets and suitcase arrived apparently undamaged. Thai Air Asia isn't responsible for all the chaos at DMK, but they are understaffed, inefficient, and not customer-oriented. Also, as a Star Alliance gold elite, I am accustomed to quick and competent ground staff. I would give Thai Air Asia onboard service a 7, but the ground staff get a minus 5.
AircraftA320-200
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong

"system separated us"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Trang to Bangkok. Booked 3 people on the same reservation including a child. Their system separated us even though 3 seats were available together. System said I had to pay I get seats together but wouldn't let me change. Agent at the airport was worthless. Only thing he offered was upgrading to premium and paying 400 baht each. Don't fly thus airline. NOK AIR let's you select seats for free.
RouteTrang to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"asked me to pay extra check-in"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Chiang Mai. I am very disappointed by this airline. First of all, when I booked my flight it was very confusing whether I have the right to bring a 35kg check-in luggage or only a 7kg carry-on luggage. So when I got to the airport they asked me to pay extra check-in luggage because my bag didn't fit the carry-on size. Then, during my trip I had to travel with this airline again so to make sure I wouldn't have to pay at the airport I checked in my luggage 2 days before. But I wasted my time cause they couldn't find my reservation whereas I showed them the receipt from my bank and no one couldn't help me at the airport? I had to pay again at the desk. On top of that the flight were supposed to be early retimed then it happened to be late. I sent them an email and I am still waiting for an answer.
RoutePhuket to Chiang Mai
Date FlownMay 2018

"Airline rescheduled the flight"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Airline rescheduled the flight for 1st May such that it makes the flight useless and my insurance policy unusable due to delaying it for 1 hour 30 mins - not only iI am missing my connecting flight Ii cannot claim on my insurance as the delay is less then 2 hours. Never again. Avoid at all costs
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownApril 2018

"a nice safe flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I flew Thai AirAsia from Bangkok DMK to Seoul ICN and I had a nice safe flight. Thai AirAsia ground staff and the airport staff have been very kind, polite and helpful all the ground process were very smooth. The check-in process was fast without line. The Cabin Crew members provided an excellent service. Pilots kept us informed before and during the fight. boarding was fast and smooth. The aircraft cabin was clean and comfortable, the temperature was really good not too cold or too hot. I payed 49$ for an extra package during my booking process for 20 kilos extra, a meal and pre selection of the seat. Food was delicious, tasty and different options were available for sale. Duty free products are many and nice, great opportunities for shopping. Seat is comfortable and it is possible to recline back the seat, space was okay for 5 hors flight. Blankets are available for rent for 150thb The flight was on time, I will fly again Thai AirAsia.
RouteBangkok to Seoul
Date FlownApril 2018

"Extra legroom not worth extra cost"

Trip Verified | Krabi to Bangkok. Customer service is terrible. Meal impossible to eat, cabin crew okay. Extra legroom not worth the extra cost of US$11, minimal difference with a regular seat.
RouteKrabi to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"nothing out of the ordinary occurred"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur on Thai Air Asia on 15th December 2017. I love the airport because it is small and intimate. I had an iced coffee before leaving at one of the stands outside the entrance. Great coffee. The flight was good as usual and nothing out of the ordinary occurred. I will fly Air Asia again.
RoutePattaya to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Sometimes very late"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. I have flow Thai AirAsia many time over the last 4 years of living in Thailand. Check in is easy with automation. Onboard food is good value compare to others. Advertised price look cheap. Sometimes very late, this is my biggest gripe and never apologise or explain why. When you add seat cost, baggage, food may be cheaper to fly with non budget airline.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"On time, no hassle flights"

Trip Verified | Don Mueang to Udon return with Thai AirAsia. Had previously checked in online so only had to collect my boarding pass at the machine (no checked bags) so check in took 2 minutes, another few minutes at security, then the long walk. DMK Domestic can involve a long walk to / from the gate. Boarding was reasonably well organised by aft / forward zones. There was priority boading for those who paid extra (presumably allowing them to stow their oversized cabin bags for less than the cost of the bag being checked in). Flights were on time, both full-full. Didn't bother with a meal from the fairly disinterested cabin crew and neither did most of the passengers. Check-in in Udon was the same - a couple of minutes at the machine assisted by helpful staff. Excellent price. On time, no hassle flights. What's not to like?
RouteDon Mueang to Udon Thani