Thai AirAsia

"received Governmental snack box"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phitsanulok on a business trip and allocated on a Hot Seat with breakfast pre-ordered by my host. BTW, when it comes to serving I received only a Governmental snack box but not the pre-ordered chicken curry with rice. Flight attendants seem to recognise the problem but could not answer why this happened. After waiting until other passengers finished their meals (for a very short flight) I was given the pre-ordered tray to eat as rapidly as possible. For the record, rice was still fridge cold and the curry not adequately warm.
RouteBangkok to Phitsanulok
Date FlownMay 2019

"didn't even offer me a drink"

Trip Verified | I bought a premium flex seat from Hong Kong to Bangkok. The crew handed out meals, but nothing for me. They didn't even offer me a drink. When I asked, I was told that I wasn't on the list. I showed the lady my "premium flex" ticket, still nothing. At the end of the flight they offered me a meal to go. When I complained to the company online, I received an email 10 minutes later stating that the matter was resolved. They did nothing.
RouteHong Kong to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2019

"take Thai AirAsia again"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | I fly with Thai AirAsia to Chiang Rai from Hat Yai. Check in via online and print out the air ticket. My flight is 7:20am Thailand time and arrived by 9:40am Thailand time. That time I get cheapest rate (around RM130/person). Check in is fast! Check in around 2 hours before we fly through the sky. Upon waiting, there is free WiFi before departure and have food and beverages. No entertainment features on the plane. On the plane, the seat is narrow. Cabin crew are very friendly. They speak Thai, English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia. There is no free food and beverages. When arrived, they not allowed everyone to move in the plane once landing until final stop. When leave the plane, they say like "have a good journey". I'll take Thai AirAsia again in the future.
RouteHat Yai to Chiang Rai

"No complaints whatsoever!"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Udon Thani. Fast check-in at Don Mueang airport in BKK, flight on time, enough space for hand luggage, friendly staff, seat ok, short flight. No complaints whatsoever!
RouteBangkok to Udon Thani
Date FlownMarch 2019

"neither worked for me."

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Bangkok. We tried to check-in online via both the AirAsia website and the app but neither worked for me. At the airport staff were not willing to accept our explanation and charged us Rp 13,670 for baggage.
RouteKolkata to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Siem Reap. Quick, on time and served an excellent curry meal. The flight was barely 50ish minutes, I was in conversation with a fellow passenger and surprised that I got a meal (very tasty, btw!) and that we were actually landing! Excellent experience with checking an extra bag, arrived quickly and in good order, absolutely nothing to complain about and recommended!
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Very poor service"

Trip Verified | At boarding time from Singapore to Bangkok, I requested a wheelchair upon arrival for my 69 year old mother who had a bad knee. When we arrived, nobody said anything about whether they would provide a wheelchair. When we arrived at the airport, we had to walk down the stairs of the plane, take the bus, walk up the stairs again in the airport (lift wasn’t working) and then a long walk to immigration. We didn’t see a wheelchair. I was even told to pay $20 but at least they didn’t ask to pay in advance. Very poor service.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"there is miscommunication"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Nagoya to Bangkok. Mostly my review is concerned to Ground Operation Service in Nagoya Airport as my flight was cancelled due to flight cancellation. Ground operation of Thai Air Asia in Chubu Centrair Nagoya Int'l Airport could not be handling this incident properly as there is miscommunication between airline and shops at this airport for meal voucher redemption. A meal voucher has been provided for passengers. Once I got and straight away to redeem it as it was 21:30 hrs. I went to SUBWAY, they rejected this airline meal voucher and I went down to Lawson, they also rejected. Finally it was a miscommunication between airline and shops.
RouteNagoya to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2018

"we got more than we paid for"

Trip Verified | Krabi to Chiang Mai. we have flown with AirAsia multiple times recently and have had no issues. It is a budget airline so you can't expect anything crazy. The flight was on time, staff was nice and courteous and our bags arrived as expected Yes leg room is small, yes we had to pay for checked bags and no there was no free snack or beverage but this was all known ahead of time so it shouldn't be a surprise and for a 2 hour flight it shouldn't be an issue. Plus we only paid $250Cdn for 5 tickets. In our case we got more than we paid for.
RouteKrabi to Chiang Mai

"cabin baggage excess"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Bangkok. Do not book AirAsia assuming it provides cheap fair It is a trap. They show low fare without check in baggage, and while boarding they will charge you 5k INR if cabin baggage excess by half kg or more. They keep extra people to deal with you and go any extent.
RouteBangalore to Bangkok