Thai AirAsia

"Excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Siem Reap. Quick, on time and served an excellent curry meal. The flight was barely 50ish minutes, I was in conversation with a fellow passenger and surprised that I got a meal (very tasty, btw!) and that we were actually landing! Excellent experience with checking an extra bag, arrived quickly and in good order, absolutely nothing to complain about and recommended!
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Very poor service"

Trip Verified | At boarding time from Singapore to Bangkok, I requested a wheelchair upon arrival for my 69 year old mother who had a bad knee. When we arrived, nobody said anything about whether they would provide a wheelchair. When we arrived at the airport, we had to walk down the stairs of the plane, take the bus, walk up the stairs again in the airport (lift wasn’t working) and then a long walk to immigration. We didn’t see a wheelchair. I was even told to pay $20 but at least they didn’t ask to pay in advance. Very poor service.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"there is miscommunication"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Nagoya to Bangkok. Mostly my review is concerned to Ground Operation Service in Nagoya Airport as my flight was cancelled due to flight cancellation. Ground operation of Thai Air Asia in Chubu Centrair Nagoya Int'l Airport could not be handling this incident properly as there is miscommunication between airline and shops at this airport for meal voucher redemption. A meal voucher has been provided for passengers. Once I got and straight away to redeem it as it was 21:30 hrs. I went to SUBWAY, they rejected this airline meal voucher and I went down to Lawson, they also rejected. Finally it was a miscommunication between airline and shops.
RouteNagoya to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2018

"we got more than we paid for"

Trip Verified | Krabi to Chiang Mai. we have flown with AirAsia multiple times recently and have had no issues. It is a budget airline so you can't expect anything crazy. The flight was on time, staff was nice and courteous and our bags arrived as expected Yes leg room is small, yes we had to pay for checked bags and no there was no free snack or beverage but this was all known ahead of time so it shouldn't be a surprise and for a 2 hour flight it shouldn't be an issue. Plus we only paid $250Cdn for 5 tickets. In our case we got more than we paid for.
RouteKrabi to Chiang Mai

"cabin baggage excess"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Bangkok. Do not book AirAsia assuming it provides cheap fair It is a trap. They show low fare without check in baggage, and while boarding they will charge you 5k INR if cabin baggage excess by half kg or more. They keep extra people to deal with you and go any extent.
RouteBangalore to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"ground staff get a minus 5"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Hong Kong. Upon entering Bangkok Don Mueang Airport, I knew I was in for trouble. The crowd rivaled Times Square on New Year's Eve, but with less security and less discipline. I went to a booth marked Air Asia help, but the lone lady attending confused passengers was working on her computer and completely ignoring people at the counter. After about 10 minutes she looked up and curtly directed me to a herd at check-in area 1. After 10 minutes in that line ( which was marked "charter flights" ), a passing Air Asia employee explained that this was the wrong area and directed me to another herd at area 2. 20 minutes later, when I finally reached the counter, the check in agent informed me that my tennis racquets were potential weapons and had to be checked baggage - but first they must be wrapped somewhere "over there".That was another line that took 20 minutes and cost 300 bahts- about 10 USD. Keep in mind that I was a premium "hot seat" passenger. It was now about 15 minutes before boarding time, and we still had passport control and security to clear. A sign at the passport line estimated a 45 minute wait. My goose was cooked, BUT, after 10 minutes in that line, I discovered that there existed a much shorter courtesy line for invalids, pregnant women, and seniors. ( finally an advantage to my 72 years ). That line still took 12 minutes, and it was now boarding time with security still ahead. That actually went quickly, and I arrived at the bus-remote boarding gate at last call. The flight itself was actually quite pleasant. The attendants were efficient, the pre-ordered food was tasty, and I had all of row 1 to myself. Later, at HKG, to my great relief, my racquets and suitcase arrived apparently undamaged. Thai Air Asia isn't responsible for all the chaos at DMK, but they are understaffed, inefficient, and not customer-oriented. Also, as a Star Alliance gold elite, I am accustomed to quick and competent ground staff. I would give Thai Air Asia onboard service a 7, but the ground staff get a minus 5.
AircraftA320-200
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong

"system separated us"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Trang to Bangkok. Booked 3 people on the same reservation including a child. Their system separated us even though 3 seats were available together. System said I had to pay I get seats together but wouldn't let me change. Agent at the airport was worthless. Only thing he offered was upgrading to premium and paying 400 baht each. Don't fly thus airline. NOK AIR let's you select seats for free.
RouteTrang to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"asked me to pay extra check-in"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Chiang Mai. I am very disappointed by this airline. First of all, when I booked my flight it was very confusing whether I have the right to bring a 35kg check-in luggage or only a 7kg carry-on luggage. So when I got to the airport they asked me to pay extra check-in luggage because my bag didn't fit the carry-on size. Then, during my trip I had to travel with this airline again so to make sure I wouldn't have to pay at the airport I checked in my luggage 2 days before. But I wasted my time cause they couldn't find my reservation whereas I showed them the receipt from my bank and no one couldn't help me at the airport? I had to pay again at the desk. On top of that the flight were supposed to be early retimed then it happened to be late. I sent them an email and I am still waiting for an answer.
RoutePhuket to Chiang Mai
Date FlownMay 2018

"Airline rescheduled the flight"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Airline rescheduled the flight for 1st May such that it makes the flight useless and my insurance policy unusable due to delaying it for 1 hour 30 mins - not only iI am missing my connecting flight Ii cannot claim on my insurance as the delay is less then 2 hours. Never again. Avoid at all costs
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownApril 2018

"a nice safe flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I flew Thai AirAsia from Bangkok DMK to Seoul ICN and I had a nice safe flight. Thai AirAsia ground staff and the airport staff have been very kind, polite and helpful all the ground process were very smooth. The check-in process was fast without line. The Cabin Crew members provided an excellent service. Pilots kept us informed before and during the fight. boarding was fast and smooth. The aircraft cabin was clean and comfortable, the temperature was really good not too cold or too hot. I payed 49$ for an extra package during my booking process for 20 kilos extra, a meal and pre selection of the seat. Food was delicious, tasty and different options were available for sale. Duty free products are many and nice, great opportunities for shopping. Seat is comfortable and it is possible to recline back the seat, space was okay for 5 hors flight. Blankets are available for rent for 150thb The flight was on time, I will fly again Thai AirAsia.
RouteBangkok to Seoul