TAROM Romanian

TAROM Romanian customer review

OTP-MUC. My seat slid back even without me pressing the button the earphones didnt work and the duty free computer was broken. Thank god the essential parts of the plane worked.

TAROM Romanian customer review

Chisinau-Bucharest. ATR 42-500 with leather seats. The flight was only 50 minutes so obviously didn't expect a full service but was surprised to get a tasty early morning sandwich and a good selection of drinks. Crew were friendly and did their job in a professional manner. Would certainly fly TAROM again who is the best option on the direct Chisinau- Bucharest-Chisinau segment.

TAROM Romanian customer review

VIE-OTP in economy on a rather empty Friday morning flight. It was my first flight with Tarom and I have to say I was positively surprised. I got an exit seat with very generous leg room. The aircraft was B737-300 not the newest I've flown with but clean and well taken care of. The inflight service was magnificent taken the actual flight time was only 1 h 20 min. A tasty hot meal and free drinks were served. The cabin crew was professional and polite especially the purser who smiled throughout the flight.

TAROM Romanian customer review

Bucharest to Heathrow. Only previous flight on this route was using BA and using Gatwick. All in all pretty much the same. Tarom was cheaper by about 20GBP. It is also the later flight. The onboard staff were as friendly as they needed to be and food was pretty good: beef stew with runner beans and carrots. Wasn't feeling too well so stuck to water but there was plenty of beer and wine going around as well as tea and coffee. Downsides are that they haven't developed the e-ticket yet; or at least hadn't when I booked. So I did have to queue to pick up my actual ticket before checking in at Otopeni.

TAROM Romanian customer review

London Heathrow - Bucharest in Economy. Generally a good flight and decent service for a 3 hour trip. The plane was a 737 and a bit tired as others have mentioned on this forum. My seat cushion was worn out and seriously sloping to one side. But on the flip side the place was only about 70% full so we all had some empty space about us. Food was excellent and served in generous quantities. A quick drink service preceded the meal and we had a choice of wine or beer -- both free. A welcome relief indeed from the stinginess of US airlines. On the whole not much to complain about. FA's were not the most chatty and proceeded with their work with a quiet efficiency. It would have been nice if they walked the aisles offering drink refills or at least water. I had to walk to the galley and ask for it myself. All in all a satisfactory flight and good food . Room for improvement on the aircraft and service.

TAROM Romanian customer review

I have flown frequently Heathrow-Bucharest-Heathrow and had generally good experiences. FA's very pleasant food good. Always on schedule. Only drawback planes 737's always seemed old and tired. Not good in today's flight market amid safety fears. It's a shame low cost carriers don't fly to Romania because it would open the country up to all it's a beautiful place.

TAROM Romanian customer review

If you fly business you only pay a little more than BA economy and get genuine 2+2 seating - service is uniformly excellent up front . BA Business is highly variable - I've had really excellent flights and some real 1980's style shockers.

TAROM Romanian customer review

Flew Tarom to Bucharest then internal flight to Cluj found the staff very pleasant the food was very good and plenty. Will certainly use this airline again. Excellent leg room for a change not cramped like sardines. Plane was a 737.

TAROM Romanian customer review

London to Bucharest and back. The aircraft were 737's. Both fairly old but clean. We left Heathrow on time which I think is the first time I have ever done that. Inflight the food was pretty reasonable and the leg room very good. I had no problem with the FA's unlike others below. On the way back we were delayed by 30 minutes most of which they made up on the flight. The only negative points to the whole experience was London Heathrow I wish they flew from Gatwick! One other thing watch the excess baggage at London it is charged at £10.50 per kilo. It is about half that at Bucharest.

TAROM Romanian customer review

Flying Tarom is always an adventure. More often than I like to admit the in-flight service is absolutely dreadful. Am not trying to offend anybody but the older FA are really rude doing their manicures in the back of the plane rather than attending to the passengers' needs. They look bored fed up and - too old to be doing this. The young FA's though are very polite have a good command of English language and can make the flight a very pleasant experience. Too bad there are only a few of them around. So for instance when you pay over $600 for a BUC-DXB-BUC flight with no onboard entertainment you can at least have a nice polite service from a friendly face not a wrinkled face and a dodgy voice telling you" Peanuts are served only in business class". And whilst Romanians take so much pride in their hospitality I have to tell you flying Tarom is not always the best impression that foreigners get. Thank God Romania is an amazing country with beautiful kind people and stunning places