TAROM Romanian

TAROM Romanian customer review

The meal from Bucharest to London was the worst on any airline we have travelled. There was a similar standard meal outward bound. A Mars bar for breakfast on the domestic flight. A piece of fish (1.5 x1.5 x1.0 inches) with a smear of a red sauce and cold penne. A stale roll with a pat of butter and a strange pink mousse. No wine offered or beer. The only juices available were orange and tomato. Not good on a 3.5 hour flight. The plane was clean and punctual but you are an international schedule airline not a not a cheapo!

TAROM Romanian customer review

OTP-CDG Business Class. I flew them for a second time on this route in C class and I can't really complain. FA's nice but not there when you needed them. There was a choice of meals between fish and beef. The downfall is a very small choice of drinks and only one red and one white wines. No menu either. The best thing are the business class seats. Very wide and comfy.

TAROM Romanian customer review

MAD-OTP economy class. Plane was quite old with worn seats though clean. On check-in I asked for an emergency exit seat - surprisingly on board I found out that I didn't have the emergency exit. IFE restricted to air-show. FA's efficient. Food of average quality.

TAROM Romanian customer review

Romanian domestic flight OTP-Tirgu Mures. The fare was correct but they don't issue e-tickets so we collected are paper ones at OTP: anyway the domestic ticket office is opened from 8am to 12 and from 1500 to 1900 so we waited long time before it opened. ATR-42 was old but clean and we were served some sandwiches and coffee for free. We had to do a scheduled stopover in Sibiu: an airport employee entered the plane and asked who had to get off then a dozen people left the plane and collected their own baggage straight from the luggage van! Then we took off again and when we arrived in Tirgu Mures and landing was very scaring. On the TGM-OTP the flight almost like the previous one with the difference that one of the 2 FAs was clearly drunk. The TGM airport moreover is not very modern and the airport workers took our luggage in the departure hall and loaded it on the plane manually. Fortunately the flights were very short and we didn't suffer too much for the small legroom

TAROM Romanian customer review

My first time with Tarom: OTP-SOF route and a positive experience. Flight operated by ATR42-500 very small plane but comfortable for such a short hop. A snack was after 20 minutes from departure. My final rate is 3 stars.

TAROM Romanian customer review

Tarom use A310's for their London route but on both trips less than half full. Interior of the planes are worn but leg room generous and light loads make for comfortable travel. Inflight service perfectly acceptable. Planes parked at remote stands on both trips requiring a bus to the terminal at OTP but immigration quickly cleared and baggage very quick. Tarom fly one return trip daily and are a very acceptable option.

TAROM Romanian customer review

London-Bucharest Economy Class. Quick check-in. Boarding on-time with only about 40-45% passenger load on a Saturday morning. The plane was a deconserved Airbus 310-300 quite old but in relatively good condition. The hot meal was a choice of lamb and salmon - free wine and beer made the experience even better. Some music and video clips shown on the main TV screens soon after take-off. Flight attendants should learn to smile more to passengers.

TAROM Romanian customer review

London-Bucharest return. Reasonable food and free bar - quite modern aircraft. Prior to the flight was a little concerned about not being able to get on the BA flight - but fears were unjustified. Would use again.

TAROM Romanian customer review

Bucharest to Sofia . This route is flown by a small AT5 plane. It carries 50 passengers and (I was told) can take only 500kilos of luggage. So if you have a full plane this pans out at 10kg each. This was the case on 14 March when a number of us arrived in Sofia to find that our bags had been left behind. At a guess it was the heaviest bags that were left. So if you are taking this flight watch out.

TAROM Romanian customer review

I have flown them a few times and service seems to have improved quite a bit over the last 5 years. Never a full flight on the CDG-BUH-CDG route so finding a decent seat to stretch out is never an issue. I am not sure if anybody else has experienced this but half way through the flight after the meal service the FAs have the tendency to congregate in the back galley and smoke.