TAROM Romanian

"Check-in went fast"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Check-in went fast. Sky Priority available at FRA airport. Customs and security check didn't take longer than 20 mins. On board, smiling flight attendants welcomed me. Seated at 1F the bulkhead legroom was huge! We had a small delay at take-off but we made it to OTP 6 mins ahead schedule. The service on board consisted of a hot snack, coffee, tea, and a selection of refreshments and alcoholic drinks, such as beer or wine, but only in Business class. The checked bag made it at the luggage claim 10 mins after leaving the plane.
RouteFrankfurt toBucharest
Date FlownAugust 2019

"beverage service was free"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Frankfurt in July 2019. At arrival, the check-in counters were not very crowded. I also used a Sky Priority counter, only for bag drop, since check-in was done home. They offer a very good mobile/on-line check-in portal! I passed security quite fast. When boarding started, I was invited to board the plane just after Business Class passengers did. On board, I've found a nice crew, welcoming passengers politely. Service on board consisted of a sandwich, a Milka chocolate waffle, and beverage service, which was free. You could choose a cold or hot beverage, or in advance with minimum 40 hrs prior take off a special meal for free. The checked bag arrived 5 mins after at the bag claim facility at FRA airport.
RouteBucharest to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2019

"did not receive any notification"

(Romania)

Not Verified | My flight was from Amsterdam to Cluj-Napoca with a layover in Bucharest. I arrived in Bucharest and find out my flight was canceled. I did not receive any notification, email and at the airport, there was not any staff from Tarom or on the phone. In the middle of an epidemy of COVID-19, we were left behind in the airport without any explanation or suggestion. At around 7 pm (the hour in which I should have landed in Cluj-Napoca) I receive a notification on my phone that I landed in Cluj and at that moment I was in the train station in Bucharest trying to find a way to get home.
RouteAmsterdam to Cluj-Napoca via Bucharest
Date FlownMarch 2020

"ok until I saw the plane"

Trip Verified | Me and my partner have been offered flight back to Heathrow via Bucharest by BA with TAROM as the initial return flight was canceled. Everything went ok until I saw the plane, an ATR 42-500. Inside it was dirty. I am afraid of flying and was quite nervous during flight. Bucharest airport is probably the worst airport in Europe-same applies as for TAROM’s plane. On top of that staff does not have a clue where to send passengers. We had been bounced off 3 times by airport staff located within 5 metres from each other and then suspected of attempt of illegal border crossing, old X-ray equipment made guy in front of us repeatedly cross the check gate 20 times. As we were unsure if it is a transit flight we enquired about our checked-in baggage. 3 people told it will be transferred to BA flight to Heathrow, there was no information desk and all phone numbers for info/help were not operating but after seeing service level we decided to check the luggage belt, which was pain to get to. Guess what-baggage was standing somewhere in the corner 10m away from belt.
RouteIstanbul to London via Bucharest
Date FlownMarch 2020

"treatment is not acceptable"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Amman via Bucharest. We land in Bucharest airport almost at 12 am we faced a problem with airplane stairs so its take like 30 mins to get out from the plane in this case we were like 5 people who missed our flight to Amman, all others they has schngen visa for multiple entry for my case its single entry so i can't enter the city which its fine and I understand the situation. I paid for the lounge to rest for only 4 hours 45 euro from my own account, at least they book hotels for the other passengers they enter with there visa. I found my self in transit area with only iron chairs, seriously this treatment is not acceptable.
RouteAmsterdam to Amman via Bucharest
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no longer serves meals in Economy"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Bucharest. I was disapponted to learn on this flight that Tarom no longer serves meals in Economy. If their fares are routinely 20-30% higher than Lufthansa, Air France, KLM, why choose them? Those four carriers are also allowed to park at the gates at OTP while with Tarom you have to board a bus.
RouteFrankfurt to Bucharest
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"lack of customer service"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Frankfurt. I travel with an emotional support dog and I understand not every airline company accept animals on board. Tarom does not have the emotional support animal option but allows small dogs in cabin for a fee which is fine with me. I started calling their call line the moment I booked the flight. I was told first I need to send them an email with all the info, then went through endless correspondence with them for a week that ended up nowhere. I was told they cannot add him in the system. Then I called another three times until their system finally started working and they were able to add my dog to the reservation the day before the flight! Then the check in experience was even worse. When you have connecting flights, the company who is checking you in should issue all the boarding passes. Not for Tarom. I was told they cannot print the second boarding pass due to system issues. I was told to talk to a supervisor. Long story short she was rude and unprofessional let alone unhelpful. I was called by the gate because supposedly I didn’t pay their dog fee. So I was ready to hand the credit card when I was told I need to pay €100. Tarom website states €55 to Europe but yet they are asking from me €100. I started arguing, trying to show them my paperwork for the next flight confirming my dog on first class as an emotional support dog and traveling for free. The clerk called the manager once more and was told to charge me €55. I received from her and her colleagues threats that if I argue I will be refused boarding. I was disgusted by their lack of customer service, knowledge of provided services.
RouteBucharest to Frankfurt
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I would fly them again"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Tarom is better than expected and they offer a business class. The contract lounge in Munich is very nice. The flight was on time and the crew was friendly. The airplane was empty and the flight was on time. The seat is a standard economy class seat with the middle seat kept free. Food and seat good. Nothing to complain. I would fly them again considering the value for a business class ticket.
AircraftBoeing
RouteMunich to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"well maintained and clean"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Baia Mare to Bucharest. Good crew, got a ham and cheese sandwich, a cookie, coffee/tea and non-alcoholic beverages at choice, in a 50 min flight. The ATRs are pretty worn, being almost 20 yrs old, but are well maintained and clean. They are using Airbus A318 and B737 for national flights form more busy airports (Cluj, Timișoara).
AircraftATR 42-500
RouteBaia Mare to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2019

TAROM Romanian customer review

Trip Verified | I was not able to register my luggage online. So at the airport we had to register them. We were charged for excess luggage when we had only one suitcase checked in, that was not even loaded to maximum at only 21 kg and my daughter’s was 18 kg. They charged us 150 Euro per suitcase! I checked their website and this price is not listed, in fact it states that one suitcase is included per ticket in economy class. The person at Tarom counter was beyond rude. In flight service was ok, food not so great. No pictures allowed on plane?
RouteBucharest to Paris