TAROM Romanian

"the service was nice"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Bucharest. I booked my ticket on miles at a very good deal, at the check they provided with an emergency exit seat and blocked the middle seat as a curtesy for my platinum ultimate status. I have ordered Low fat meal, a good choice, tasty and fresh, good variety of alcoholic drinks (free of charge), the service was nice, the interior clean and a new 737/8NG, a very pleasant trip.
RouteBeirut to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2019

"management is a total mess"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Frankfurt. You book one thing online and at the counter you get a ticket with a different seat. Application is full of bugs and unreliable The tariff sky rockets each time you reselect your flight and for the money you pay the aircraft are poor. Crew personnel are doing their best with what they have, but it seems the management is a total mess.
RouteBucharest to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2019

"by far the worst airline"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Amman to Chisinau via Bucharest. TAROM is by far the worst airline I have ever come across. My TAROM flight between Amman and Buchareat 10 days ago was canceled without any prior notification whatsoever. This meant a significant economic loss for me and a lot of logistical difficulties (I missed connecting flights and had to cancel my entire vacation). Despite numerous atempts to contact TAROM following this incident, the airline refuses to respond. I have still received no explanation, no refund and no compensation. I will never fly with this airline again and I recommend everyone to stay away from TAROM.
RouteAmman to Chisinau via Bucharest
Date FlownMarch 2019

"cancelled flight with no reason"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Bucharest. Airline cancelled flight with no reason given, just before two weeks in advance to avoid any compensation. No suitable alternative flight was offered, support was extremely bad with slow response times, very bad audio quality on the call center, just really bad overall. Refund takes up to 21 days to clear. Avoid at all costs.
RouteStockholm to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"not recommend this company"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bucharest. It was my first experience with this company. And it was one of my worst experience dealing with it. The flight got delayed 2 hours, the team is impolite not well mannered and not welcoming. Not helpful at all. The lady standing at the check in was very rude and Impolite. I would not recommend this company nor choose it once again.
RouteFrankfurt to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Romania deserves better carrier"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Istanbul. TAROM cancelled my original flight causing many headaches but I had no choice to use them to get to Bucharest. Now returning home, they are an hour late leaving Bucharest making me miss a connection. It's a shame because the country of Romania deserves a much better carrier than this. I will likely forego any trips here again unless I find another carrier.
AircraftATR 500
RouteBucharest to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"lack of an announcement"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Barcelona to Bucharest. Although I perfectly understand that it is common to have delays around the holidays, our airplane was docked at around 11:10, while we were supposed to board at 10:45 (officially) or 11:00, according to the printed boarding card, for our 11:30 departure. It was already clear that the boarding will be delayed by a minimum of 30’ to 45’, starting with 11:10. Although a representative of Tarom was present at all times, the delay was announced at 11:55, around on hour after we queued up and waited to begin boarding. The lack of courtesy from the airline representatives to at least let us know that we were going to have a delay, although they clearly knew that because the plane arrived with a delay and had to be unloaded was appaling. We were called to gate at 10:45 and again, at around 11:00, so everyone expected to start boarding in a few minutes. To add to this, the online check-in works half of the time, baggage drop-off took around 35’, which is better than Romania, where it took me around 55’ a month ago. Two passengers had the same printed boarding card seat - 10F, but this has been solved by the polite crew. I have asked the Romanian representative at the gate about the lack of an announcement regarding the delay and she was clearly annoyed by my question. I was told that it was not her fault and that she did everything according to protocol, without apologizing. The Spanish ground representative at the gate told us that other airlines announce 10 or 20 minute delays frequently, if that is the case, and that the airline should have informed us about the delay, as it was clear that it will take at least 45’ for us to board.
RouteBarcelona to Bucharest
Date FlownDecember 2018

"enjoyed this evening flight"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Munich. I enjoyed this evening flight from Bucharest to Munich as it was on-time and the seating on this 737 is quite spacious and comfortable. The food was nothing to write home about and the crew was friendly but did not make any special effort. What I particular liked was that the overhead monitors showed the position of our plane over Europe throughout the flight.
RouteBucharest to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2018

"a spare seat next to me"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Istanbul to Bucharest on Tarom Romanian on 20th September. The overhead baggage was quite full but a steward helped to find space for me. It was a very short flight but they gave me a tomato juice and a sandwich. I had a seat spare next to me so I was comfortable.
RouteIstanbul to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I will fly Tarom again"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Budapest to Beirut on Tarom Romanian on 21st September. I had two seats spare next to me so I lay down and slept the whole flight. The stewardess left a meal for me which I ate on our approach. I will fly Tarom again.
RouteBucharest to Beirut