TAROM Romanian

"Romania deserves better carrier"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Istanbul. TAROM cancelled my original flight causing many headaches but I had no choice to use them to get to Bucharest. Now returning home, they are an hour late leaving Bucharest making me miss a connection. It's a shame because the country of Romania deserves a much better carrier than this. I will likely forego any trips here again unless I find another carrier.
AircraftATR 500
RouteBucharest to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"lack of an announcement"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Barcelona to Bucharest. Although I perfectly understand that it is common to have delays around the holidays, our airplane was docked at around 11:10, while we were supposed to board at 10:45 (officially) or 11:00, according to the printed boarding card, for our 11:30 departure. It was already clear that the boarding will be delayed by a minimum of 30’ to 45’, starting with 11:10. Although a representative of Tarom was present at all times, the delay was announced at 11:55, around on hour after we queued up and waited to begin boarding. The lack of courtesy from the airline representatives to at least let us know that we were going to have a delay, although they clearly knew that because the plane arrived with a delay and had to be unloaded was appaling. We were called to gate at 10:45 and again, at around 11:00, so everyone expected to start boarding in a few minutes. To add to this, the online check-in works half of the time, baggage drop-off took around 35’, which is better than Romania, where it took me around 55’ a month ago. Two passengers had the same printed boarding card seat - 10F, but this has been solved by the polite crew. I have asked the Romanian representative at the gate about the lack of an announcement regarding the delay and she was clearly annoyed by my question. I was told that it was not her fault and that she did everything according to protocol, without apologizing. The Spanish ground representative at the gate told us that other airlines announce 10 or 20 minute delays frequently, if that is the case, and that the airline should have informed us about the delay, as it was clear that it will take at least 45’ for us to board.
RouteBarcelona to Bucharest
Date FlownDecember 2018

"enjoyed this evening flight"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Munich. I enjoyed this evening flight from Bucharest to Munich as it was on-time and the seating on this 737 is quite spacious and comfortable. The food was nothing to write home about and the crew was friendly but did not make any special effort. What I particular liked was that the overhead monitors showed the position of our plane over Europe throughout the flight.
RouteBucharest to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2018

"a spare seat next to me"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Istanbul to Bucharest on Tarom Romanian on 20th September. The overhead baggage was quite full but a steward helped to find space for me. It was a very short flight but they gave me a tomato juice and a sandwich. I had a seat spare next to me so I was comfortable.
RouteIstanbul to Bucharest

"I will fly Tarom again"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Budapest to Beirut on Tarom Romanian on 21st September. I had two seats spare next to me so I lay down and slept the whole flight. The stewardess left a meal for me which I ate on our approach. I will fly Tarom again.
RouteBucharest to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"lost my checked luggage"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Amman to Budapest via Bucharest. About two hours late and lost my checked luggage. I've waited for 10 hours at the airport for my luggage and had to spend 15 hours until I found a shuttle to take me to my destination.
RouteAmman to Budapest via Bucharest

"Avoid this company"

Trip Verified | London to Suceava via Bucharest. Avoid this company. Do not use if you want to arrive at your destination. I have arrived at destination 24 hours later due to very old planes they have in their fleet. The plane was very dirty and old. I have tried to contact by email/phone the company multiple times in the last 5 weeks, unfortunately there is no reply. So if you have any problems you are stuck. Never ever again!
RouteLondon to Suceava via Bucharest

"They are a nightmare"

Trip Verified | London to Lasi. One of the worst companies i have ever used. First time i ever used them they had a few hours delay. Second time they've had more than 5 hrs delay and then i said let's give them another chance. Bought my flight a year in advance and in the mean time they've changed the flight time and sent and email to everyone according to them which i never received. Anyway. The bad thing is that i have made a half mistake when I've requested my airport taxes for my unused ticket and made a one digit mistake. They've spotted the mistake and asked me to confirm which i did and said that it was a mistake and the serial no belongs go my wife's ticket and please do not amend anything on that one. They never replied back and when i got to the airport they've cancelled my wifes ticket instead of mine. Long story short - I would not recommended this airline as they don't care, they don't do their job properly. They are a nightmare.
RouteLondon to Lasi
Date FlownJuly 2018

"downgrade me to economy"

Not Verified | Bucharest to Istanbul. I tried to submit this complaint to Tarom but as usual their website won't process it. I broke a rib on Wednesday and asked for assistance in going to the gate at OTP. The clerk told me that if she called for help for me she'd downgrade me to economy. I know that it is a primary function of airline companies to behave illogically, but this one is quite new to me. Only economy passengers are allowed to break a bone? Or is it the cost of getting disability assistance as promised on your website?
AircraftATR
RouteBucharest to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"strongly advise to avoid"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Iasi. Do not recommend at all! It is already 10 minutes past the take off time and we are still waiting in the airport, nobody has come to tell us there will be a delay and how long! You just have to hang around and guess! Cheap service, I strongly advise to avoid! Unless your time is not precious
RouteBucharest to Iasi