TAROM Romanian

"a spare seat next to me"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Istanbul to Bucharest on Tarom Romanian on 20th September. The overhead baggage was quite full but a steward helped to find space for me. It was a very short flight but they gave me a tomato juice and a sandwich. I had a seat spare next to me so I was comfortable.
RouteIstanbul to Bucharest

"I will fly Tarom again"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Budapest to Beirut on Tarom Romanian on 21st September. I had two seats spare next to me so I lay down and slept the whole flight. The stewardess left a meal for me which I ate on our approach. I will fly Tarom again.
RouteBucharest to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"lost my checked luggage"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Amman to Budapest via Bucharest. About two hours late and lost my checked luggage. I've waited for 10 hours at the airport for my luggage and had to spend 15 hours until I found a shuttle to take me to my destination.
RouteAmman to Budapest via Bucharest

"Avoid this company"

Trip Verified | London to Suceava via Bucharest. Avoid this company. Do not use if you want to arrive at your destination. I have arrived at destination 24 hours later due to very old planes they have in their fleet. The plane was very dirty and old. I have tried to contact by email/phone the company multiple times in the last 5 weeks, unfortunately there is no reply. So if you have any problems you are stuck. Never ever again!
RouteLondon to Suceava via Bucharest

"They are a nightmare"

Trip Verified | London to Lasi. One of the worst companies i have ever used. First time i ever used them they had a few hours delay. Second time they've had more than 5 hrs delay and then i said let's give them another chance. Bought my flight a year in advance and in the mean time they've changed the flight time and sent and email to everyone according to them which i never received. Anyway. The bad thing is that i have made a half mistake when I've requested my airport taxes for my unused ticket and made a one digit mistake. They've spotted the mistake and asked me to confirm which i did and said that it was a mistake and the serial no belongs go my wife's ticket and please do not amend anything on that one. They never replied back and when i got to the airport they've cancelled my wifes ticket instead of mine. Long story short - I would not recommended this airline as they don't care, they don't do their job properly. They are a nightmare.
RouteLondon to Lasi
Date FlownJuly 2018

"downgrade me to economy"

Not Verified | Bucharest to Istanbul. I tried to submit this complaint to Tarom but as usual their website won't process it. I broke a rib on Wednesday and asked for assistance in going to the gate at OTP. The clerk told me that if she called for help for me she'd downgrade me to economy. I know that it is a primary function of airline companies to behave illogically, but this one is quite new to me. Only economy passengers are allowed to break a bone? Or is it the cost of getting disability assistance as promised on your website?
AircraftATR
RouteBucharest to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"strongly advise to avoid"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Iasi. Do not recommend at all! It is already 10 minutes past the take off time and we are still waiting in the airport, nobody has come to tell us there will be a delay and how long! You just have to hang around and guess! Cheap service, I strongly advise to avoid! Unless your time is not precious
RouteBucharest to Iasi

"price was very good "

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | Flew TAROM from Beirut to Bucharest. The price was very good and flight was smooth, leg room is fine and the food for free. The seats are comfortable and can recline back. The only things that are missing the TV and wifi. I recommend this airline.
RouteBeirut to Bucharest

"service was outstanding"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Chisinau to Bucharest in Business class. In Chisinau we had a designated mini-bus to the plane. The boarding was fast and efficient. The plane is a 19 year old ATR 42-500 with a decently kept cabin in 2-2 configuration for both classes. No wifi, multimedia, touch screens, power outlets. Seats covered in a grey leather looking material, were comfortable with great leg-room in business. Offered great food in business - a significant upgrade in quality and menu since my last short haul flight with them. We had muffins, fresh and dried fruits, cheese, bread, butter and jam. Great selection with soft drinks (and some alcohol as well, but it's not the best decision for a morning flight). Cabin service was outstanding. Everything was just impeccable.
AircraftATR42-500
RouteChisinau to Bucharest

"We enjoyed our flights"

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Munich via Bucharest in Economy Class. The check-in staff in Larnaca was friendly and made sure that on our first leg from LCA to OTP the middle seat in our row of three seats was blocked. They also checked us in for the connecting flight from OTP to MUC and since it was a single-class flight we were given seats in first row. We were handed lounge passes for the fantastic lounge in Larnaca. Unfortunately the lounge at OTP is not that great: It has potato chips and yoghurt, slow Wifi and is loud and warm. It has a good selection of booze, though. For travelers who do not have status perks I still recommend Tarom because of their generous luggage rules and because of them serving food and drinks in all booking classes. The drink selection was quite okay and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks were served on the two flights. The sandwiches could have been better, but they were nutritious and okay. The seats and the condition of the airplanes were good. In fact, from OTP to MUC we travelled on the new Boeing 737-7. Both aircraft offered inflight entertainment: Airshow on the overhead monitor and movies/series/music for personal devices. The onboard crews were very friendly. We enjoyed our flights and would book Tarom again.
RouteLarnaca to Munich via Bucharest