TAROM Romanian

"couldn’t reach my transit"

Trip Verified | The plane left already late and couldn’t reach my transit. After a lot of hassle to get my suitcase I finally got a new flight hours later. According the EU law I would have the right on 400 euro compensation. After 2 years of trying Tarom and the Romanian government don’t want to cooperate and they will NOT pay the compensation. Never fly with them again! They lack on customer rights and service
RouteAmsterdam to Istanbul via Bucharest
Date FlownJuly 2023

"did not offer compensation"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | On 14th June 2024 I had a flight from Bucharest to Ibiza via Madrid. The flight from Bucharest to Madrid was delayed for more than 2 hours and we lost our connection to Ibiza. Our flight was rescheduled 8hours after and we were not offered any compensation, any drinks or any food - we just had to wait 8 hours in the airport. Also the company did not offer compensation for the delayed flight even if the rescheduled time was more than 8 hours.
RouteBucharest to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2024

"flight attendants friendly"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Used miles for a reward flight with Tarom. Flight delayed more than half an hour due to aircraft late arrival from Bucharest. Boarding by bus, flight attendants friendly, they served water to each passenger. XXL seat available for free for frequent flyers. Checked bag collection in OTP was tricky, no screen info. Had to ask staff.
RouteCluj to Bucharest
Date FlownJune 2024

"Nothing special"

(Romania)

Trip Verified |   Boarding by bus transport. Flight on time, cabin crew friendly. They served water during the short flight. Got an emergency exist seat based on my frequent flyer status. No entertainment available. Landing ahead of schedule. Nothing special, but effective flight.
RouteBucharest to Cluj
Date FlownMay 2024

"Seat comfort poor"

(Romania)

Trip Verified |   No priority boarding was available, small aircraft with rear access only, cabin baggage left at aircraft door. Flight on time, cabin crew not communicative. Seat comfort poor, no catering at all. Short flight, airport clearing after landing was quick.
AircraftAT-7
RouteBucharest to Chisinau
Date FlownMay 2024

"an hour delay and still waiting"

(Romania)

Not Verified | We have more than an hour delay and still waiting, long time in line for boarding. Not to mention that we wait for some 6 passengers that didn't make it yet
RouteAmsterdam to București
Date FlownMarch 2024

“delayed by approximately 13 hours”

Trip Verified | We were delayed by approximately 13 hours and have not received any compensation for this to date. While we are fully entitled to do so according to the general terms and conditions. I called them about 7 times and sent 56 emails. I even emailed in Romanian, and once received a response that they were going to look into it. That was a number of months ago now and I have sent a number of emails again, but no response. I even contacted an official claims company, but even they ignore them. It seems like they only help you if you are from Romania.
RouteAmsterdam to Amman via Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2023

"worst airline I’ve ever flown with"

Trip Verified | The worst airline I’ve ever flown with. We had a flight with a transfer (one booking) but the first flight was delayed with +- 1,5 hours and we only had 1 hour for catching the next flight. We were told by the ground crew and the crew as well that the next plane would wait for us, we only needed 20 more minutes. But they didn’t wait so we missed the transfer. We had to come back the next morning, had to take a new plane with even an extra transfer (so now 2 instead of 1) and in total we arrived +- 12 hours later. Now, 6 months later, our mails are still being ignored by the company. When I call them they say we shouldn’t have taken the other flights, but we didn’t even have a choice: we were in the sky while they automatically rebooked our flight to the next day. AWe were in Bucharest already. I would never book here again.
RouteAmsterdam to Amman via Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2023

"showed attitude and ignored my request"

Trip Verified |  Despicable behavior of the TAROM inflight staff. I was assigned an exit row seat. The staff needs to know that assigning an exit row seat involves considerations such as the passenger's ability to meet certain requirements being able-bodied and willing to assist in case of emergencies. If a passenger does not want to sit in an exit row seat by the window, the flight crew should respect the passenger's preference and accommodate their request to the best of their ability, subject to availability. I asked for an alternative seat as there are other available seats on this flight. The rude male staff not only did not accommodate my request, he showed attitude and ignored my request. He spent zero effort on trying to accommodate my request and simply ignored me, after saying that I should move wherever I want, not his problem. I communicated to this individual that not being able to keep my purse under the seat in front of me will not be possible for me. He took my purse away from me, away from my reach.
RouteBucharest to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Smiles and kindness are missing"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Delay of 20 minutes each on take-off and landing. Obsolete aircraft; skinned seats, no screens. We were not served even a glass of water during the over 3 hour flight. This company is low-cost, not national.. The ban on putting your purse under the front seat even though those with carry-on luggage had no place to put their luggage. Ticket price too high for the services offered. Smiles and kindness are missing from the flight attendants. I felt on this flight as if I was being punished for choosing to fly with TAROM. Întârziere de câte 20 minute la decolare și aterizare. Aeronava învechită;scaune jupuit, fără ecrane. Nu ni s-a servit măcar un pahar cu apă în timpul zborului de peste 3 ore. Această companie este low-cost, nu națională. Interdicția de a-ți pune sub scaunul din față poșeta deși cei cu bagaj de mână nu aveau loc unde să-și pună bagajul. Preț prea mare al biletului pentru serviciile oferite. Zâmbetul și amabilitatea lipsesc din parte insotitoarelor de zbor. M-am simțit la acest zbor ca și cum aș fi fost pedepsită că am ales să zbor cu TAROM.
RouteParis to Bucharest