TAP Portugal

TAP Portugal customer review

28th June TP331 London Gatwick to Porto. 12th July TP332 Porto to London Gatwick. Traveled twice with TAP in last 2 weeks. Have flown many times for both business and leisure both short and long haul. I have to say TAP is probably the worst airline that I have come across. Late seems to be the norm with no information about the cause and no real apology. Blaming a "late inbound aircraft" is not really an explanation - after all its their fleet. Cabin crew surly and unfriendly. Choose another carrier if you can would be my advice.

TAP Portugal customer review

BCN to LIS return (TP1039 10 July 2013/ TP 1038 14 July 2013). Both flights were on-time and commendable. The flight was smooth food (sandwich and juice) was decent for the short flight. The flight attendants seemed rather friendly also.

(Portugal)

Had two flights LIS-LHR and a Portugalia (Tap owned) MAD-LIS recently. TAP flight was steady great pilot. Delay of 30mins solved and arrived on time. Meal: ok for such short flight A320 is not a plane that I like a lot but its ok. Service with a smile. Portugalia's flight was on a Fokker 100 and I liked it a lot. Plane looks less cramped than the A320. Good service helpful crew. In check with PGA normal service. Smooth flight. Luggage: no problems.

(Finland)

FAO-LIS-Helsinki. TP 1912 and TP796. 8/7/2013. During the last month I have had 4 flights with TAP. Delays seem to be business as usual. But the thing that really amazes me is the unfriendliness of the cabin crew. Are they trained to be stiff and impolite? What would a smile and a friendly positive attitude towards the customers cost? Now the basic feeling on the flights has been that the customers are only irritating nuisances.

(Portugal)

LIS-MUN. Flight delayed 3 hours no service provide on the ground remember Lisbon Airport is the main hub for TAP. Boarding by bus old A320 with the interior dirty old and smelly. No food drinks or snack served on board due to "one missing cabin crew". On the way back the flight was operated by the Star Alliance partner Lufthansa A321 a superb flight experience like should be always.

(Portugal)

Lisboa - Sao Paulo - Flight overbooked! (Maybe that's why on-line check was not working). As a regular Silver passenger I have to wait 45 minutes to be confirmed on the flight. Once more the flight departed with a two hours delay. Food OK Very young friendly crew but the old supervisors not friendly. Every month I have a transcontinental flight with TAP the feeling I have is: "they are doing us a favor." Flights are much more expensive and the service is everyday poor.

(Portugal)

Sao Paulo - Lisboa - once more the flight was overbooked consequently delayed. Ground staff was horrible. This time I don't have any luck and catch one of the worst cabin crews in life. Food was served like a campus without option for the first time I skipped a meal on a transatlantic flight. I prefer to starve to eat such crap many around do the same. Cabin crew do not offer an option. Breakfast service was poor. TAP abuses a dominant position we don't have any other option to cross the Atlantic to Brasil. This explain the highly prices (3400 euros) in economy and the poor service.

TAP Portugal customer review

Flew from HAM to LIS 29/6/2013 and return a week later in Economy. Flight from HAM was delayed 3 hours no service was provided during the flight because of lack of staff (official explanation). Since it was a day after the general strike in Portugal I thought this might be bad luck. Return flight slightly delayed and again no service on board because of "lack of staff". This information came together with the boarding announcement so no chance to stock up provisions before boarding. After reading other comments my impression is that this is corporate policy although TAP does not claim to be a low-cost airline and is certainly charging significantly more than LC carriers. Definitely not recommendable.

(Spain)

As a regular traveller AGP/LIS/FNC I am left with no choice but to fly TAP This must be the worlds worst airline for lost bags late flights and missed connections. The last time I flew this route they lost our bags missed our connection and gave us a biscuit for lunch. I wish another carrier would start to operate on this route.

TAP Portugal customer review

Tried to fly LHR-LIS-FAO: after checking in at Heathrow saw a delay on the screen and departure time pushed back and back. Finally found the one representative (trying to cover 45-odd airlines) and was told the flight was late as the incoming flight had to unexpectedly land at Gatwick. When we did take off 3 hours late there was no running water in the loos or to make hot drinks with. Offered a seat on the next Faro flight as I'd missed the connection but it was 7 hours later. I said I would rather drive as that took only 2 hours cue much head- scratching about the craziness of this when a meal voucher was on offer. Took over an hour to get my bag back. Then came the return flight from Lisbon - longest queue I have ever ever seen to check in even longer queue for security. Flight was over an hour late taking off for no particular reason. Will never fly TAP again no matter how cheap they are.