TAP Portugal

(Portugal)

FNC-LIS-FNC. There is a recurring issue when flying with this airline which is the cabin crew. More than usual they are flying with ‘minimum cabin crew’ which actually means you won't get served any meal whatsoever. Not even a cup of water don't mind asking. Cabin crew more than surly seems absent minded and just don't care about passengers. I'm a frequent flyer and I always get the feeling I'm a burden to them. Low cost carriers offer much better product. Unfortunately for some routes they got the exclusive monopoly. Don't mind complaining too they won't read or reply.

(Czech Republic)

Flight delayed 2 hours from Prague to Lisbon. Arrived at midnight. I missed my connecting TAP Portugal flight to Faro. I was sent to a hotel without my luggage. I was given a boarding pass for the next day at 22:30 which is unacceptable. I also had a hotel booked in Faro for one night which I obviously missed yet still paid for. I went to the airport at 05.00 to reclaim my baggage and was denied it. I managed to get transferred onto the morning flight at 09.45. Changed gate almost 5 times before passengers commenced boarding. In the process of boarding flight was cancelled. I asked for food vouchers which they very nearly refused to give us. Waited at baggage claim for our luggage for over 4 hours! My bag in the end did not appear. Finally a bus arrived and I made it to my destination at 22:30. Return flight from Faro to Lisbon was fine. Arrived at noon. Flight from Lisbon to Prague was scheduled at 14.45 delayed until 16.15. Then delayed another hour and another and another. No concrete information given. They were understaffed and short 2 cabin crew members. Stayed in the airport until 21.30 and 9.5 hours later we finally boarded the flight to Prague with no in-flight meal. Landed in Prague at 02.30.

TAP Portugal customer review

28th June TP331 London Gatwick to Porto. 12th July TP332 Porto to London Gatwick. Traveled twice with TAP in last 2 weeks. Have flown many times for both business and leisure both short and long haul. I have to say TAP is probably the worst airline that I have come across. Late seems to be the norm with no information about the cause and no real apology. Blaming a "late inbound aircraft" is not really an explanation - after all its their fleet. Cabin crew surly and unfriendly. Choose another carrier if you can would be my advice.

TAP Portugal customer review

BCN to LIS return (TP1039 10 July 2013/ TP 1038 14 July 2013). Both flights were on-time and commendable. The flight was smooth food (sandwich and juice) was decent for the short flight. The flight attendants seemed rather friendly also.

(Portugal)

Had two flights LIS-LHR and a Portugalia (Tap owned) MAD-LIS recently. TAP flight was steady great pilot. Delay of 30mins solved and arrived on time. Meal: ok for such short flight A320 is not a plane that I like a lot but its ok. Service with a smile. Portugalia's flight was on a Fokker 100 and I liked it a lot. Plane looks less cramped than the A320. Good service helpful crew. In check with PGA normal service. Smooth flight. Luggage: no problems.

(Finland)

FAO-LIS-Helsinki. TP 1912 and TP796. 8/7/2013. During the last month I have had 4 flights with TAP. Delays seem to be business as usual. But the thing that really amazes me is the unfriendliness of the cabin crew. Are they trained to be stiff and impolite? What would a smile and a friendly positive attitude towards the customers cost? Now the basic feeling on the flights has been that the customers are only irritating nuisances.

(Portugal)

Lisboa - Sao Paulo - Flight overbooked! (Maybe that's why on-line check was not working). As a regular Silver passenger I have to wait 45 minutes to be confirmed on the flight. Once more the flight departed with a two hours delay. Food OK Very young friendly crew but the old supervisors not friendly. Every month I have a transcontinental flight with TAP the feeling I have is: "they are doing us a favor." Flights are much more expensive and the service is everyday poor.

(Portugal)

Sao Paulo - Lisboa - once more the flight was overbooked consequently delayed. Ground staff was horrible. This time I don't have any luck and catch one of the worst cabin crews in life. Food was served like a campus without option for the first time I skipped a meal on a transatlantic flight. I prefer to starve to eat such crap many around do the same. Cabin crew do not offer an option. Breakfast service was poor. TAP abuses a dominant position we don't have any other option to cross the Atlantic to Brasil. This explain the highly prices (3400 euros) in economy and the poor service.

(Portugal)

LIS-MUN. Flight delayed 3 hours no service provide on the ground remember Lisbon Airport is the main hub for TAP. Boarding by bus old A320 with the interior dirty old and smelly. No food drinks or snack served on board due to "one missing cabin crew". On the way back the flight was operated by the Star Alliance partner Lufthansa A321 a superb flight experience like should be always.

TAP Portugal customer review

Flew from HAM to LIS 29/6/2013 and return a week later in Economy. Flight from HAM was delayed 3 hours no service was provided during the flight because of lack of staff (official explanation). Since it was a day after the general strike in Portugal I thought this might be bad luck. Return flight slightly delayed and again no service on board because of "lack of staff". This information came together with the boarding announcement so no chance to stock up provisions before boarding. After reading other comments my impression is that this is corporate policy although TAP does not claim to be a low-cost airline and is certainly charging significantly more than LC carriers. Definitely not recommendable.