TAP Portugal

TAP Portugal customer review

Flew from Heathrow to Lisbon then Lisbon to Faial at the end of June. Both flights delayed and baggage lost for two days. Return flights on time but no cabin service this seems to be very common reading other comments. Never flying with them again.

TAP Portugal customer review

EWR-LIS in Business Class on an A330. The flight was delayed by over an hour. Warmly greeted upon boarding. Cabin was clean but the seats were not flatbed. Service was polite and attentive and the food served was excellent.

TAP Portugal customer review

London Heathrow to Lisbon. Service was fine at Heathrow and fine to Lisbon there was delay at Lisbon airport and at Miami due to air strike in France. The service could of been better to Miami only one choice of meal on long distance but two choices of meals coming back from Miami to Lisbon and not happy that you only get half a cup of coffee or tea. Price is ok but not when you pay for your inflight meals on all your trips. Staff at Lisbon airport was fine air stewardesses were not pleasant the male stewards were fine and helpful. I felt uncomfortable on the flights leg room was not good on flights to Miami the return was better.

TAP Portugal customer review

October 5th from Seville to Caracas. Flying Seville to Lisbon first. Travelled with my 7 month old baby and my husband when we arrived in Seville the woman at check-in told us that there was something wrong with my ticket she told me my child appeared linked to my husband ticket and not mine. Told to fly to Lisbon and they would resolve my issue. In Lisbon I was told I had no ticket and that my son could fly with my husband but not me. I did not move from the front of the line when they told me they could not assist me it took almost 2 hours to solve my issue. A very impolite man came and gave me the boarding pass for my baby and me. I can not believe how we were treated and how difficult it was for them to put us on the plane we paid for. To top of it the food served during the flight was very poor.

TAP Portugal customer review

Had a business class flight from Milan to Lisbon (1/10/13) was very nice. The cabin crew were friendly and always helped. The food was good for airline meals. Very efficient serving. No problem with the luggage. Got back to Zurich on 9/10/13 again business class. Very nice service as described before always refilled the glasses. The priority luggage is always the first which comes out. I always travel with TAP when I go to Portugal they still maintain a certain high lever which is very satisfactory.

TAP Portugal customer review

Flew out of LIsbon to New Jersey on 10/8/13. We had one bag of checked luggage between the 3 of us. It was 6 kilos over. We were told it would cost 8 euros to check the bag. My husband took out 10 euros and the rep said to bring the cash to customer service. When we got to customer service we were told it was 80 euros not 8. We had to pay it because the bag had already been taken otherwise we would've emptied some things into our carry- ons. Keep in mind we had one checked bag between us. We were technically under weight! Next we were seated in the back of the aircraft so by the time the food cart came to us they were out of one selection. The other selection was awful. Our child ate barely anything. The snack brought later on was a dried out Swiss cheese sandwich that was inedible. Most passengers left it intact and sent it back. For $950 a ticket one would think the food would at least be edible. We won't be using TAP again. We've had a better experience on United and we can pick our seats.

(Portugal)

February 2012 from Lisbon to Rome and vice-versa. The flights departed on schedule and the crews were excellent. On our returning flight the crew were very friendly. The meal on board the first flight was the thing I considered very poor: a cup of juice and some biscuits for a journey of 2.5 hrs. On my returning flight the situation was worse because TAP didn't serve any meals. The experience on board was ok: the aircraft A319 were clean and comfortable. An experience to repeat I hope.

TAP Portugal customer review

It appears that TAP has made it a habit to announce no cabin service at the very last minute. Flew back to Germany from Lisbon. One hour delay at airport 3 hours flight and only a glass of water not even a coffee. It appears that they save the food and drinks for the return flight from Frankfurt to Lisbon. What do they mean with minimum cabin crew? There were 3 air stewards for 135 passengers. Still no service on board. Totally unacceptable. I will never fly with TAP again.

(Portugal)

LIS-GIG. Boarding in Lisbon was chaotic and painful lounge full without food. Once more the flight was delayed old and smelling A330 friendly staff but not efficient I waited a long time for working headphones and blanket. As a frequent flyer the meal is always the same dry and cold without any option. Entertainment system is old and poor. TAP service is going down rapidly.

TAP Portugal customer review

FRA-LIS 2013/09/08 LIS-Horta (Azores) 2013/09/13 back to FRA 2013/09/21 economy. Had booked the flight 10 months in advance scheduling was changed twice during the first 6 months. Had planned to fly back on Sept 20th flight from Horta to LIS was cancelled in April and would we change to fly from Ponta Delgada (350 km distance). We booked on the flight for the 21st and had to book (and pay of course) one night plus in our hotel. For the flight home we luckily did online check-in the day before where we learned that we were not booked on the flight. Phone call revealed that the flight we had originally booked had been re-established and carried out though and that they had booked us back on that plane without telling us so that we had unwillingly produced no- show some hours ago. Luckily there were still free seats on the plane for next morning so they booked us back and 5 minutes later we could proceed to our online check-in. Flights as such were okay food was rather good crew quite kind but I had to go myself to the rear and ask for water because nobody responded to the attendant's call. The captain on LIS-FRA very kindly invited us to the attention of a very clear nocturnal sight on Paris. IFE on small ceiling-hanged monitors ridiculous if you have no binoculars.