TAP Portugal

(Portugal)

Lisbon to Luanda Round Trip in economy class. This was my last flight with TAP Portugal on this route the tickets are expensive compared with poor service you receive in exchange. Old aircraft with refurbished interiors poor food and delays in both flights. The flight to Luanda was a nightmare I endured 8 hours listening to a screaming child was not kids fault but crew fault. I ask to change seat and it was denied without any reason or explanation I saw available seats on the back. After this episode not one cabin crew member to be seen for hours. On the way back (night flight) the food they served was inedible many meals barely touched and passengers complaining. The cabin staff was more friendly but was visible that this situation was definitely harder for them to. If you value on-time flights comfort service and price avoid TAP Portugal.

(Romania)

Budapest - Lisbon - Porto and back. The food was really good and served with metal cutlery not plastic. The seats were good for TAP. I marked entertainment as "fair" but everybody is using tablets kindles so this is really not a problem And most importantly my luggage not only arrived but it was unharmed which has happened only once in my last six flights and made me really desperate.

(Belgium)

TP 619 BRU-LIS Apr 30 and TP 574 LIS-FRA May 3. Technically reliable airline flying a relatively new fleet with generally friendly crews. Hopelessly incapable of flying on time though. Have flown them 8 times since December only once was the flight on time otherwise delays varied between 30 and 90 minutes. Moreover hardly ever info is given to passengers or even an apology. Executive (Business) class is quite comfortable on long-haul flights but seats in Economy are very uncomfortable and there is basically no space left when the passenger in front of you decides to recline his or her seat. Do not recommend if you value punctuality.

TAP Portugal customer review

Thankfully this flight was much better than the other reviews had us believe. It was a 3 hour flight to Lisbon from Frankfurt. The staff at check in and onboard were very friendly and full of life. The food and drinks were served efficiently. Very tasty too but we skipped the octopus! Our seats in row1 on the 319 plane were comfortable but we weren't looking to sleep. The incline isn't very much. We had our own movies on IPads as there was no other "entertainment". It was an enjoyable flight.

TAP Portugal customer review

I haven't flown TAP for over 10 years but have recently decided to try their business class on a flight from London to Recife in Brazil. What a disappointment! Both my flights were delayed and to find the small overcrowded business lounge at Lisbon airport was a challenge. I had to go through customs and immigration and the TAP ground staff were very unhelpful. The flight experience was very poor. The seats were old fashioned and uncomfortable and the inflight entertainment was very limited. The food was just edible but the staff service was inconsistency and disorganised. A total waste of money and I would not recommend it to anyone.

(Spain)

LIS-ZAG via BLQ business. My return flight back within one month. At this occasion more or less the same thing. Uncomfortable seats where the lumbar part is squeezing you inside. No pitch at all and the middle seat 01E next to me was occupied even if there were 2 empty seats in row 2 and 3. As it was Easter Thursday some economy pax were upgraded to C allowing us to have less space as usual. If I compare the 980 euro C class to other carriers than it is definitely not worth spending that kind of money for the same cabin as economy. The food was one course only and acceptable. Cabin crew service was incompetent unhelpful and mainly hidden in the rear galley during 5h flight. No welcome drink no entertainment no newspapers no nothing. Fortunately on this occasion I did not pay for the flight but would never buy such a product by myself. Last but not least TAP did not find my lost bag from the outbound flight nor did they took any responsibility so far almost 50 days later!

TAP Portugal customer review

DUS-LIS-DUS and again very nice experience nice and smiling crews fair food and beverages. TAP planes are very quiet inside compared to the same Airbus Types used by e.g. Lufthansa. Monitors at least exist allowing passengers to see the usual movies and the flight routing. Very good value for money. Contrary to others I feel the "old" TAP seats are much more comfortable than the thin new seats used by other airlines. One last remark: The onboard magazine is for sure one of the best throughout the world.
Cabin Staff Service N/A

(Brazil)

LIS-GIG. A330. I am a frequent traveller on this route. We arrived on time (which is not usual). Aircraft had Wi- FI for a couple of Euros and staff was smiling. I even saw the Cabin chief working. Food was more than acceptable and lie-flat bed allowed me to sleep. Unfortunately they insist in serving cheap Portuguese wines.

TAP Portugal customer review

Flew TAP Portugal from LHR to LIS for a long weekend in Lisbon. The price was cheaper then BA. Both flights arrived early to Heathrow what is awesome! The staff was friendly and was served with some lovely Portuguese wine! Cant say anything wrong!

TAP Portugal customer review

FNC-LIS on March 28 2014. Efficient check in friendly flight attendants reasonably comfortable seats captain kept us well informed about slight turbulence on time departure and arrival an OK sandwich snack was served during this 1.5 hour flight and beverage service including wine was generous.