TAP Portugal

"worst trends on low cost airlines"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Funchal. TAP Portugal has lost much due to oversized efforts to parallel regular European and budget competitors. Ticket price in Economy class now renegates passengers to the worst trends on mediocre low cost airlines. Plane almost empty.
AircraftA320neo
RouteLisbon to Funchal

"provided terrible service"

Not Verified | London to Lisbon. This airline has provided me with a terrible service, leaving passengers without any information or food during the 6 hours our flight was delayed and then blamed the delay on the weather conditions (fog). I had my family waiting for me in Lisbon and they could confirm that at 19:10 (time my flight was supposed to be landing) there was no signs of fog whatsoever. Furthermore, when we landed in Lisbon around 1 a.m. the weather was foggy and we managed to land anyway so what made a difference then? The way this airline treats customers is just unnacceptable and they don't even offer any compensation for all the trouble. I won't recommend you flying with them.
RouteLondon to Lisbon

"staff were fantastic"

Trip Verified | Lisbon airport has a chronic capacity issue including a lack of boarding waiting rooms. But a lot of buses. After multiple experiences, I believe that in order to free boarding gates, the following procedures are being followed: Boarding starts early, and passengers are parked in fingers, sometimes more than 15 min. Then they might board directly to aircraft, where they will wait for 20 to 25 mn before moving, they might also take a ride in a bus to aircraft. Arriving at the aircraft, they will remain in the bus for at least 10 mn, sometimes 15mn. Once more, the second case happened to us, in a cold early morning. And it was really unpleasant. On the other side, staff were fantastic, Embraer 2x2 seats very comfortable, as well as a nice breakfast (albeit cold) was served. No priority luggage deliver at MRS, as usual.
AircraftE195
RouteLisbon to Marseille

"Seat was rather hard"

Trip Verified | Salvador airport has no lounge and international boarding is at new gates (24+), very far away from bars and restaurants. As the aircraft was 2 hours late upon arrival, immigration control was postponed and we were stuck in a deserted place with no support from the airline. Only 2 small vending machines for 300 pax, and they were soon broken. Departure was at at 01.30 am, and FAs succeeded in serving a full dinner very quickly after taking off. Seat was rather hard, and constant turbulences made it harder. Very late arrival in Lisbon. TAP did not provide a finger and we went to a remote tarmac area where we had to wait 17 min for buses. This was a mistake. Many passengers did not succeed in connecting.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSalvador to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"online check-in is useless"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Lisbon. Poor and unfriendly service. Arrive at 7.30 for a bag drip at 8am on 1 Jan 2020. Check-in counter didn’t open until about 8.15am with only one counter open. We queued in one line until finally, they opened another two check-in counters. When the other counters were opened, no one bothered to guide people who are in one line to go to bag drop. So in short, online check-in is useless.
RouteMadrid to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"seats are among the worst"

Not Verified | They charge more than any other airline for luggage $120 USD for the first piece of checked baggage from Miami to Lisbon. The seats are among the worst in the industry. Extremely tight. They are very strict with the limit for carry-on baggage. They were charging people who had 11 kg rather than 10. Overall they are worse in that respect than the European discount carriers like Ryanair. Wizz. Etc
RouteMiami to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"treatment of customers appalling"

Trip Verified | London to Accra via Lisbon. My flight to Accra was cancelled on 24/12/19. It was a 6am flight so we arrived very early before 4am. The treatment of the customers was appalling. An alternative flight given me leaves London on 25/12/19 at 9.40pm and it’s a 28 hours flight to get to Ghana. Why? Because that was the only flight available for me and family. I shall never use TAP again, you are rubbish and a disgraceful airline. Lying that the weather was to blame didn’t help you as we checked online the weather in Lisbon and it was good. Due to TAP fear of compensation they are lying to the customer. I shall not use TAP again.
RouteLondon to Accra via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I was treated like cattle"

Trip Verified | Prague to Boston via Lisbon. After delays taking off for 2 hours I was continually delayed the entire day and the TAP Portugal couldn’t have cared less. I was treated like cattle and will try to avoid flying them ever again!! Do yourself a favor and don’t bother flying with This airline!
RoutePrague to Boston via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never been mistreated this way"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Brussels to Rio de Janeiro via Lisbon . Our flight from Brussels to Lisbon got delayed yesterday so we missed our flight to Rio. We got a 3,3 euro voucher, not even enough to buy a drink. In Brussels they say that they would pick us up in Lisbon give us an hotel. When we arrive in Lisbon nothing, no information, no hotel, just a cold airport floor to "sleep" on. Not even a blanket. In the flight a kid vomited on me, the hostesses did nothing. Didn't clean my chair our help me with my dirty clothes that I still need to ware for another 18hours. When we ask if we can use the TAP premium lounge, they send us away. We travel a Lott, but never been mistreated this way.
RouteBrussels to Rio de Janeiro via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Total apathy to its customers"

Not Verified | London to Miami via Lisbon. My flight to Lisbon was cancelled due to bad weather in Portugal, which I understand. What I don't understand and don't accept is the indifference shown by TAP staff at Heathrow. After queuing for ages (having arrived at Heathrow at 3.30am), they eventually opened the ticket desk hours later. We were told our seats had been re-arranged onto a direct flight with American Airlines to Miami - which was good news. It was only when we tried to check in with AA that we found the ticket was for tomorrow, i.e. the next day! Despite the delay and massive inconvenience, we weren't even offered a food voucher. Why did they not contact us with the re-arranged flight (which was useless to us as we would have arrived too late for our cruise? Total apathy to its customers. Never again.
RouteLondon to Miami via Lisbon