TAP Portugal

"3 months later still waiting!"

Not Verified | I had booked a flight on 19th October 2020 from AMS - LIS. The class I booked was TOP EXECUTIVE (Business Class) where the ticket is fully cancellable, changeable and refundable at all times. The flight timing was changed several times before the departure date. I cancelled my flight on the 18th of October 2020 and asked for a refund on the TAP website. We are now 3 months further and the status on their website for my refund is still the same and never changed in these 3 months (in process). I called their customer service every 3 weeks and send an email, but to no avail and always get the same answer that I will have to wait and no idea how long it can take. In my earlier calls I was told that it would take maximum 60 days, and now 3 months later still waiting! Very disappointed and surely not something I would consider flying again, ever!
RouteAmsterdam to Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2020

"audacity of this airline is quite unbelievable"

Not Verified | The audacity of this airline is quite unbelievable! Before the pandemic began I booked a flight for the end of May through Expedia. Several days before the flight date I was informed that TAP Air had cancelled the flight, which I had been expecting. I was issued a voucher for an amount close to that which I had paid through Expedia. I a flight directly with TAP Air for the end of October, assuming that travel would be possible by that time. I had to pay an additional fee of over $200 to book with them for the same itinerary. When it became clear that American citizens would not be able to fly to EU countries for non-essential travel, I cancelled the flight in mid-September. TAP Air then issued me a voucher for $191, only a portion of the taxes for the flight. That was when the circus really began. The only time that there has been any communication has been when I phoned customer care. I was told to email their refund department, which I did and have never received an answer. I was informed by one agent that the refund department had stopped answering telephone calls from customers. I was told by another agent that the I was only receiving a portion of the tax because the flight had been "non-refundable". I have made it clear that I am not averse to flying the same itinerary when it becomes possible and that I expect to receive what I paid for from them. I am at my wits end. Being cheated by a company in this manner is a slap in the face. I don't know where to turn. Treating customers in this manner borders on criminal activity and certainly seems fraudulent.
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt via Lisbon
Date FlownJune 2020

"Appalling, if not fraudulent, customer service"

Not Verified | Appalling, if not fraudulent, customer service. Like other people have described here, I have spent hours on numerous support calls trying to get my refund for a too late cancelled flight in June. My letter which by European law has to be answered within two weeks has been ignored to date. On the phone they keep promising to deal with it “next week”, and nothing happens every single time. This seems like a deliberate scheme. I really do usually not wish with the worst for others, but with such poor customer service (I did deal with other airlines that handled this difficult situation much better and more professionally) over many months I do think maybe it is for the better if some airlines go out of business and get replaced by better competitors and services.
RouteLisbon to London
Date FlownJuly 2020

"There were 3 hot options for dinner"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Check-in in business class was quick, the attendant asks for proof of the RT-PCR test with a negative result for COVID-19, as well as the residence / citizenship card in Portugal or European passport.  And he warned us that we would have to present the negative test voucher again at the boarding gate. Economy class boarding is done through a gate and business class boarding is done through another gate, next to each other. We had to show again the negative test for COVID-19. The business class was packed. The lavatories / toilets at the front of the plane are forbidden to passengers, they can only be used by the crew. The TAP business class on this A330/900 aircraft has a 1-2-1 configuration. There were 3 hot options for dinner: a pasta, a fish and chicken. Starter and dessert are the same, regardless of the hot dish option. The armchair reclines completely, but the space available for the legs tapers from the knee down  (I am 1.82 m, so you can have a reference). There was no turbulence, or, if there was, it was very little. The landing was 40 minutes in advance! We hired a reception service at Lisbon airport. The attendant welcomes you at the door of the plane, gives you priority for the control of the negative test of COVID-19 as well as, also for priority, for passport control. Then accompany you to the conveyor belt, to collect luggage and, finally, to transport to the residence / hotel.
AircraftA330-900
RouteSão Paulo to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2020

"this is not an acceptable service"

Trip Verified | I'm extremely disappointed with TAP. I booked with them because I trusted them but I was wrong. I had a flight booked with them from Porto to Heathrow, they decided to change it and do Porto-Lisbon-Heathrow. And then just before we get into the plane they decide that we needed to leave our hand luggage with them because the flight was full, I told them about my flight connection asked them if they could take priority in people that were doing connection and they just did not care and said that I couldn't take my bag with me and that my bag would go straight to London. I arrived in London but my bag and the bags from around fifteen more people that did the connection didn't arrive, this is not an acceptable service for a company like TAP. Very disappointed with the company, just hope that they actually find my bag and bring it without anything missing.
RouteLondon to Portugal
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I will never fly TAP again"

Trip Verified | Please read this and beware. Purchased economy tickets but due to covid restrictions was unable to travel. Ok it was only £350 for 2 tickets but their response was unbelievable. Hours in call queues, on 3 separate occasions received 3 different replies, customer care don't have a clue what the policies are and change depending on who you talk to. Basically my options were £50 refund, if you wait 3 month or flight change costing £100 each in charges. I will never fly TAP again.
RouteManchester to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Unjust and insulting refund"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Unjust and insulting refund of 15% of a ticket that was unusable due to worldwide pandemic. Contacted TAP in person, via mail, via Facebook, via Twitter, via Skype, via their website, repeatedly over the last many months, without a reply apart from standard texts. I received the same answer as via the various email communications of before (those that were answered), that I should have read the terms and conditions - something that is clearly and reasonably not applicable during a worldwide pandemic. Because of emergency COVID measures worldwide beyond my reasonable control I am unable to get a visa to travel from the USA to Europe. The refund offered was 80USD out of 570USD, 14 percent!
RouteWashington to Malaga via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2020

"the worse customer experience"

Trip Verified | Probably I faced the worse customer experience in the World. My flight has been cancelled, I got absolutly no notification, after doing the PCR test, for 100 euros, printing the boarding pass, paying 2 taxis, get to the airport to be told that my flight has been cancelled, I got absolutely no alternative no possibilities specially that i was doing a transit in Lisbon and the first flight has not been cancelled, it was the second one, I asked for a possibility to book another flight from Lisbon and nothing, and even worse I was told to call the customer service to ask for having my money back! I called the center and they gave me another number. I called the other number and got no response its always busy. I feel upset, disappointed and with no right as customer.
RouteBerlin to Casablanca via Lisbon

TAP Portugal customer review

Trip Verified | This airline made me miss my vacation to Paris twice and used covid-19 restriction as an excuse even though I had all valid documents to get on board. I was issued a third flight in replacement of my second purchased flight for December. This ticket was issued to me by the Manager of TAP AIR PORTUGAL at Dulles airport in Washington DC. Now in December, I am getting ready to fly and call them to make sure that I have all the necessary documents, the representative says that there is no flight schedule with my name. I have attached the forwarded copy of the ticket that was issued to me by the manager on site. But they are telling me to reach out to the travel agency when I had no transaction made with the travel agency for my December 24th flight. This company is the most professionally inept, employees are clueless and arrogant. This is my second vacation that I am now going to miss because of their lack of professionalism . Don't waste your time riding on with this airline, they are cheap but it comes at a vey high price!
AircraftNA
RouteDulles to Paris via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2020

"do not follow moral business practices"

Trip Verified | This airline changed my flight by several days, wouldn't let me cancel and receive a refund outright, and I have been waiting for my partial refund for over two months. Completely unacceptable, and borderline unlawful. Beware of giving any money to this airline as they clearly do not follow moral business practices and they see no problem with stealing people's money.
RouteChicago to Dublin via Lisbon