TAP Portugal

"still waiting for them to pay us"

Not Verified | We actually flew in March 2020. Our flight home to Manchester from Banjul was cancelled but they didn’t bother to tell us, we only found out because friends went to the office and found it locked with a message stuck on the door. The staff were hiding in the back office! We had to book alternative flights home to Gatwick as the Manchester flights were fully booked, then get overnight accommodation until we could get a train to Manchester. They contacted us to say the flight was cancelled 5 days after we arrived home! To date (October 2021) we are still waiting for them to pay us for the flights, accommodation and train travel that we paid over £1,200 for. Whenever we ring, we are put on hold for ages, then someone tells us our refund will be dealt with ASAP! They told us our case was closed because we hadn’t responded to an email that we didn’t get and we would have to start the process over again. Stay away from this company. I dread to think what would have happened if we’d been on a budget and had no spare cash to get home.
RouteBanjul to Manchester via Lisbon

"absolute worst"

Not Verified | Boston to Dublin via Lisbon. Never ever even consider attempting to book a reservation with this airline! The absolute worst most frustrating and disappointing experience I have ever had attempting to just pay for a flight. If i did not have a voucher that I needed to use I would never of persisted for days with hours on hold and all the disconnected phone calls. Stay far far away from this horrible airline.
RouteBoston to Dublin via Lisbon

"Avoid at any cost!"

Not Verified | TAP Portugal - worst experience in my life! The way they have been treating their customers and the refund is appalling. Making customers chase the refund for the flights that were cancelled more than a year ago is unacceptable. The reasons for refund delays given by their customer service staff are made up and inconsistent. I was told to wait 6 months, then 2 weeks, then 2 days, and then eventually just wait. The flight was cancelled in June 2020 and I am still chasing my refund back with no luck at all. I will never use this company again as they are unreliable and not trustworthy at all. Avoid at any cost!
RouteLondon to Lisbon
Date FlownNovember 2020

"failed to make the refund"

Not Verified | We were due to fly with TAP Portugal but were unable to due to covid. We requested a refund which they agreed to but 6 months on they have failed to make the refund. They are a terrible organisation - avoid at all costs.
RouteLondon to Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2021

"They provide the poorest service one can expect"

Trip Verified | I requested a refund for three tickets more than a year ago and am still waiting for the refund payment to be made (>£1,200). Every attempt to contact TAP customer service is always a complete waste of time. Attendants are very unprepared and never provide a plausible answer/reason for the delay (and I patiently respected all deadlines initially given but then once payment was overdue, they simply stopped bothering to provide a deadline or an explanation). Furthermore, it is useless to make a formal complaint on their website as they simply close it after months "processing" the complaint with no action taken or notification of the outcome sent to the customer. If you want to be treated respectfully and have your complaints and dozens of emails replied with a satisfactory reason/deadline that any decent customer service would do, stay away from TAP Airlines. They provide the poorest service one can expect (or no service at all as my flight never took off!) and have no shame in keeping your money in the end. I'd rather not fly at all if the only option I had available was flying with TAP airlines. Had other flights cancelled for same reason (COVID-19 crisis) by British Airways, Iberia and KLM in the exact same period and all followed the refund process and provided updates if delays were expected eventually making the payments within a reasonable time. I'm sorry but flying with TAP will never be my choice again.
RouteLondon to Sao Paulo via Lisbon
Date FlownNovember 2020

"an overall unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | Unfriendly and slow check-in staff, disorganized, late boarding, just an overall unpleasant experience and I haven’t even hit Lisbon customs and security. On the way to Rome via Lisbon, they had one customs official for hundreds of people-same for security. Many of us were uncertain which line to get into and also missing connecting flights. Will never, ever fly this airline again. Pay the extra money to fly a different airline.
RouteRome to Washington DC via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2021

"The flight attendants were non-existent and down right, not nice"

Trip Verified | Horrible for the price you pay! From the food selections in the TAP Business Lounge in Lisbon which has the same insipid selections in April when we were there to September. The menu had not changed. To the service on the aircraft. Once you are seated in business class, you are not offered a drink until dinner service which was 1.5 hour later. No welcome on board aperitif nor a juice. You are offered a selection of mains and we were seated in the 3rd row, only 2 other people seated in front of us. We asked for the fish selection and to our great surprise, no fish. The flight attendants were non-existent and down right, not nice. For the price that you pay to fly in Business Class you expect Business Class service, which TAP Airlines does not offer. This is not an isolated incident. We have flown 6 other times and we keep on saying that we will give it another shot because their connections are good to our final destination. On one occasion this summer, we get to the airport and are told that the flight had been cancelled due to a strike. No warning beforehand. Our next option was to fly out in 3 days! Not! We had to book on another carrier at exorbitant prices to get back home. Never again. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".
AircraftA321Neo
RouteMalaga to Lisbon via Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they have the best product"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | TAP is world top when it comes to excellent pilot training and maintenance. I have been flying them since 1976, in the last 16 years always in business class on European routes, where they have the best product with excellent wine and food, chilled espumante, friendly crew (every now and then like in any airline a moody crew member). They do not let you down if a flight gets cancelled.
RouteLisbon to Paris Orly
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"just so customer unfriendly"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | They hang up me on the phone because they don't want to send me the e-ticket for two passengers, whom paid 438 euros, but bought the tickets on a online travel agency. Obviously the online travel agency is just an intermediary of the buying process of TAP tickets. TAP is just so customer unfriendly that one has to wonder how this bizarre company are still flying. The passengers urgently need their electronic tickets for governmental reimbursememt purposes but they won't collaborate.
RouteFunchal to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"the worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience ever flying TAP First time we took TAP airport and I suspect the last time First we book premium economy. It was just a regular economy When we mentioned none even explained why ? We waited 3 hrs just to get a water on the plane. When later I asked for one more I did not get it. Flight attendants so rude. The biggest problem is that again we payed for premium economy but it was just regular economy. We are extremely disappointed. I will discourage anyone to fly TAP.
RouteBoston to Lisbon