TAP Portugal

"only minor differences from a low cost"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | A321neo almost empty on this early Saturday flight, a senior male crew was rather grumpy, more interested in chatting with his colleague than doing his job. He told a passenger to seat wherever he wanted and gesticulated on disembarking for people to hurry up. Their product has now only minor differences from a low cost airline.
AircraftA321neo
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownApril 2021

"TAP has not refunded me 34 euros"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I bought a trip to the Maldives on Swiss air that had Swiss, Lufthansa flights and the flight from Lisbon to Zurich operated by TAP. The trip had to be canceled due to the cancellation of one of the flights and I had to request a refund from Swiss, Lufthansa and TAP. Swiss in 2 weeks reimbursed me for more than 2000 euros. Lufthansa reimbursed me in 2 weeks for the amount of 150 euros for paying special seats and 2 months have passed and TAP has not refunded me 34 euros for paying 2 seats. I called them and they told me that the refund had been approved but that there are no predictions as to when the payment will be made.
RouteLisbon to Zurich
Date FlownMay 2021

"I have not been refunded"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Like many here, I have not been refunded. I made the request on the web page more than a month ago, I had a simple response that it would be processed, and since then nothing more. I have written more than 10 emails, by private message on Facebook, on instagram, nothing. A very bad experience with this airline. They put up false advertising, saying that they refund, and it is lies. In the time of Covid, it is important to be flexible, quick and above all honest. "Due to high number of messages" this is not an excuse, and as clients it is not our problem, or what we need, we just need you give it our money for what we paid you and we didn't consume the service, it is not complicated, it is just that you want to keep it for you.
RouteFaro to Barcelona vis Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"they have yet to refund my tickets"

Not Verified | Long story short: I purchased two tickets in Jan 2020 to depart in June 2020. TAP cancelled the flight service due to COVID. Okay, I get it, but they have yet to refund my tickets valued at over $1,000USD. They tried to give me a voucher for $48, then they tried to give me a voucher for the cost of the flight plus 20% for the in convenience. Finally I was able to request a monetary refund back to my method of payment. This was 6 months ago now and after contacting them multiple times to check on the status of my refund, they have no update for me. I’m not in the business of giving the airline an interest free loan of my money. There is no reason a refund shouldn’t have be processed by now, over a year after the purchase date and nearly a year from the cancellation. I paid for a service. They didn’t provide the service, and they still kept my money.
RouteDallas to Alicante
Date FlownJune 2020

"offers a time limited voucher not a refund"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | 1 week before we were due to fly I received a cancellation notice by email for all three of our tickets - due to covid. No option to rebook. There was a link to click on to request a reimbursement so I clicked on it. However, the on line website only offers a time limited voucher not a refund! There is no option to request that they refund your money and no incentive to take a voucher. So I called customer services - the process took just under one hour. A very long hold and then when I got through to someone they kept putting me on hold for about 5 mins - asking if i was still there, saying they were doing it the back on hold again. I was given 3 refund reference numbers and tiod I would receive an email and my source of payment would be credited (Paypal). 24 hours later nothing received so dreading calling back to query as I know it will be another wasted hour. Surely if the airline cancels your flight they should provide the online option to request a full refund and not try to scam you into accepting a time limited voucher.
RouteFaro to London via Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2021

"not a total of what we paid"

Trip Verified | On 03/03/2021, I bought two airline tickets from New York (USA) to Lisbon (Portugal) from the airline TAP (Transportes Aéreos Portugueses), and my credit card (payment finalized) was charged, with electronic tickets received and confirmed. On 05/03/2021, I received an email informing me of the cancellation of my tickets, reservation, and the reimbursement of the amounts due to TAP's operational error. After a big headache to schedule all of our trip, hotels, European domestic tickets, we received after 2 days from our reservation the air flight ticket was canceled from TAP. TAP demonstrated a total lack of respect and their failure to comply with their obligations in their service and the agreed price and dishonor with the commercial agreement. Today 03/16/2021, we received part of the reimbursement, only $273.80. This is not a total of what we paid. You are failing of reimbursing us for the correct payment. We paid a total of $443.80 and don't only $273.80, there are missing $170.00.
RouteNew York to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2021

"will never book with them again"

Not Verified | Do not book tickets with this unreliable airline. I had tickets booked for jan 2022. They canceled my flight and didn’t even let me know! I only found out when trying to make my seat reservation. Still waiting for my refund! I will never book with them again.
RouteChicago to Rome via Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2021

"they have requested 5 changes on the trip"

Not Verified | I made reservations on 9/12/2020 for a flight on May 30 2021. One of the first tickets sold on the plane. So far they have requested 5 changes on the trip and currently have my connecting flight from Lisbon to Rome leaving 4 hours before I get there. After many calls, on hold for up to a half hour, I am told they can't do anything and I have to go through my agent to make changes. But, they were the ones who requested the changes. Why would you need to change a flight that was booked so early and I paid to have confirmed seats on the first leg of the trip.
RouteNewark to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I am still waiting for my £500 refund"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight in the very beginning of 2020 to go in September. In August with the travel restrictions we decided not to go, so called TAP and because our flights had been changed hours by many hours, we were entitled to a refund. We preferred the refund as we didn't know when it would be safe to go again. Since August and after many many many calls to their Portuguese number, as the English one was always turning down the calls, I am still waiting for my £500 refund. All the calls are answered after 20 mins waiting, asked the reference number, asked to wait a minute to check what's going on, told they sent an email so the refund is processed ASAP and then told it's a matter of waiting a few more weeks!
RouteLondon to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I am still waiting for an answer"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The flights themselves were on time, cabin crew generally attentive and professional but the legroom was specially tight resulting in a very uncomfortable journey. They are now using their most recent aircraft which seemed clean to a high standard but as most airlines TAP uses the pandemic excuse to not serve any free catering on board to its passengers, the paid options were rather unexciting though not aggressively sold. The lounge in Lisbon is at this point forever closed. The most problematic issue you'll have with this airline is if you need to use their customer service, almost always you will made to feel like a nuisance, it's very difficult to reach them, their response is most times not adequate and even their compliance with consumers' rights are very questionable. I am still waiting for an answer regarding my parents December 2019 cancelled flights even before the pandemic began at all.
AircraftA321Neo