TAME

"No apology, no communication"

Trip Verified | TAME cancelled our flight out of the Amazon (we had an international flight to make) and did not tell us - even the call centre kept insisting the flight was scheduled (our accommodation found out it wasn't, strange our accommodation knew more than the call centre team!). Eventually TAME admitted they cancelled the flight and couldn't put us on the next flight automatically - we had to travel for many hours by boat to the airport to try and get one of the last seats on the only flight running that day. No apology, no communication - would never fly with TAME again, wouldn't rely on them whatsoever in the future.
RouteCoca to Quito
Date FlownApril 2019

"worst flight and customer service"

Trip Verified | San Cristobal to Quito via Guayaquil. The worst flight and customer service. Dont fly with Tame because the rates for the tickets are not what they say you could be charge more in the counter. We booked a promotional price to Galapagos from Quito, a complete scam. On the way there no one mentioned any extra fees, however when we were checking in to come back from San Cristobal, oh surprise there was an extra charge which was never discussed when we bought the tickets. The response we got from the person in the counter was “well is only 150 dollars more you are American you have the money” what type of reaponse is that. She just laughed at us and said that there was nothing she could do, she even said that when she goes to the US she pays more for a ticket, which is even more annoying since it has nothing to do with our issue. So at the end our options were or to pay or to miss our flight. When I asked for a customer service number she said is sunday no one works anyway. We were forced to pay the extra fee in cash since they dont accept credit cards either, at least we demanded to have a receipt otherwise who gets that money? Never again we will fly with this scamming airline.
RouteSan Cristobal to Quito via Guayaquil
Date FlownApril 2019

"worst Customer experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Quito to Lima. Absolutely worst Customer experience / service I have faced with any airline globally! Not only did they cancel our flights, but then demanded we send 8+ documents to them, justifying why we want a refund, including a signed letter from us?! This is absolutely appalling service, given that the majority of airlines around the world would give you an automatic refund if they cancel your flight. To top if off, I spent over an hour trying to contact customer service about the issue and when I finally go through, their only response was "there is nothing I can do, you need to deal with the refund team" who conveniently don't have a contact number. Shocking - won't ever book with TAME again..
RouteQuito to Lima
Date FlownMarch 2019

"they deduct cancellation fee"

(Paraguay)

Not Verified | I booked a flight with Tame from Quito to Bogota, it was 07.00 in the morning, a month later my agency told me that flight time has changed, they changed from 07.00 to 21.00. new time was not acceptable for me. Just because it was early flight I chose it and paid more than other airlines. So i asked my agency to cancel the flight and get a refund. 2 Months later they made refund and i got half price of what I paid. The reason was I cancelled the flight and they deduct cancellation fee. Thats a real scam. You cannot change time more than 12 hours and ask me accept it.
RouteQuito to Bogota
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the worst scam ever"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Guayaguil to San Cristobal. Booking TAME flights is the worst scam ever. When you book flights there is no information about a extra fee for non-Ecuadorian citizens which they charge in the check-in. This is happening everyday but still they act like it's a surprise in the airport. We had to pay 300 us dollars extra per person to get in to the flight.
RouteGuayaguil to San Cristobal
Date FlownJune 2018

"great customer service"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Guayaquil to Baltra. I wish to say a few positive words to review my trip to Galapagos with this nice airline, which proved to be punctual, reliable and with great customer service. I had to anticipate my return flight from Baltra to Guayaquil so I decided to call the customer service on their international line. I was a bit scared as, reding the previous reviews, I was expecting the worse. Actually, the customer assistant on the phone not only spoke perfect English but also managed to help me with the change easily and at no additional cost. In few minutes the new ticket was delivered to my email, together with all the information regarding the entrance requirements to Galapagos. The whole check-in/boarding process was easy and quite fast both ways, and departure and arrival time perfectly punctual. The plane was probably a bit out-of-date but the crew and the pilots did their best to make the flight as pleasant as possible. Drinks and a snack were served during both flights and we got lots of announcements from the cockpit. Smooth takeoff and landing completed the journeys, so overall a nice experience and nothing to complain. I have to say that I travelled much better than with other airline companies.
RouteGuayaquil to Baltra
Date FlownMay 2018

"the information was a lie"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Guayaquil to Baltra. We booked three tickets from Guayaquil to Galapagos Islands and checked everything carefully when making the booking. When we arrived at the airport, we were told that we had to pay an extra USD$330 each person as we weren't Ecuadorian citizens. We were then told that in the online booking process, we did not check a box saying that we weren't citizens, which would have adjusted the price. After an hour and a half of complaining, the staff finally agreed to only charge us the price difference of a walk up ticket. This was still USD$130 per person which we reluctantly paid with no other option available to us. When we arrived in the Galapagos, I went through the booking process again as I was 99% certain such a check box didn't exist. Sure enough, the information was a lie and there was no option to disclose nationality that would adjust the price. When I followed up on this complaint, Tame customer service didn't respond until my third email.
RouteGuayaquil to Baltra
Date FlownDecember 2017

"no online support"

Trip Verified | Galapagos Islands to Quito. Worst airline ever. No online support to view reservations or manage booking. There is absolutely no way to choose seats or check-in early. If you arrive at the airport early, they will give you the worst seat. The furthest back row with no recline. If the passenger in front reclines, then you are in the worst possible situation of the entirety of the flight. No room at all. Do not recommend. Don’t take this flight. Go with Avianca or Latam.
RouteGalapagos Islands to Quito
Date FlownMarch 2018

"people are poorly trained, rude"

Trip Verified | New York to Quito. Without previous notice, Tame informed us at the airport on January 5th 2018 that our flight was cancelled (even though they still showed the flight as “on schedule” online). I rescheduled to fly on January 9th. That day Tame representatives could not find my flight and accused me of not having “correct information.” They later found my ticket, but the plane already left. Insisting that my booking agent was at fault, they asked me to reschedule my flight for the 15th and pay a $700 price difference. Travelocity then contacted the Tame office and the Tame official on the phone asked me why I didn’t take the flight, as the ticket was always there. They said they “might” be able to have a supervisor change the flight and for me to callback at 10am. I was offended, insulted, and nearly robbed of extra money. I decided to book another airline, and thus the nightmare was over. These people are poorly trained, rude, and have no consumer respect. It took one hour in JFK for a representative to submit a baggage payment. The kicker to this experience was that the manager on duty at the airport in Quito said I should be better informed on “flight terms.” I hope US authorities disallow consumers to do business with this horrible airline. I wouldn’t recommend this airline to my worst enemy.
RouteNew York to Quito
Date FlownDecember 2017

"highly recommend against flying with TAME"

Trip Verified | Flew New York JFK to Quito. This airline was so bad I felt it a moral obligation to find a site such as this to post a review. Their planes are straight from the 70's. Let's start with checking in. I was travelling with my wife and two small children (4 & 6). After I was told we would be seated together I realized once we got on the plane we were all separated. We were not the only family this was done to. And the irony was we were one of the first online to get seats! Speaking of seats, the seat I was sitting in was so butt-worn, that no matter how I tried to get comfortable, I slid back into the mold that was the culmination of all previous guests rear quarters. Towards the end of the flight, my little one needed to use the bathroom. As we were walking, I see the attendant close the stall since we were beginning our descent. Just as we got to the stall, the attendant said we had to sit down. My son is 4. The guy didn't care. Needless to say, we highly recommend against flying with TAME. I know we never will again.
RouteNew York JFK to Quito