TAG Airlines

"a deficient experience"

(Honduras)

Not Verified | This is the first time I have ever had such a deficient experience with an airline. I booked a flight for my mom, which did not take-off on time due to inclement weather. Perfectly understandable. However, the airline was shifty enough to reschedule her returning flight, because, as customer support detailed, the flight was no longer available. This meant that my mom lost an entire day from her trip to Guatemala all due to a terrible logistics system of TAG Airlines. Esta es la primera vez que he tenido una experiencia tan deficiente con una aerolínea. Reservé un vuelo para mi madre, que no despegó a tiempo debido a las inclemencias del tiempo. Perfectamente comprensible. Sin embargo, la aerolínea fue lo suficientemente astuta como para reprogramar su vuelo de regreso, porque, según detalló el servicio al cliente, el vuelo ya no estaba disponible. Esto significó que mi madre perdió un día entero de su viaje a Guatemala, todo debido a un terrible sistema de logística de TAG Airlines.
RouteHonduras to Guatemala via Tegucigalpa
Date FlownJune 2024

"run by a group of clueless amateurs"

Trip Verified | 40+ years of flying, 500+ flights with 80+ airlines in 75 countries, but this was the worst airline I've ever flown with. We booked a nonstop flight from Flores to Cancun in September for a Saturday morning in November. About a week before the departure, they cancelled the direct flight and rerouted us through Guatemala City with a 6 hour layover. When checking in at Flores airport that morning, our bags were checked through to Cancun, but at the airport in Guatemala City the onward flight to Cancun was nowhere to be seen on the departure board. I contacted a TAG agent standing in front of a TAG departute gate for a flight to Belize City that was heavily delayed. This very young man told me the flight to Cancun was cancelled and I could fly the next day at 6pm. I overheard his conversation in Spanish with his colleague who informed him that only 5 people had been booked on that particular flight so they cancelled it. The agent led us to the baggage carrousel where we could retrieve our bags and accompanied us to the check in counter so that we could speak to his supervisor. This young lady was not particularly interested in our situation and repeatedly stated that they could give us a hotel room and we could fly to Cancun the next evening, which would have meant two days wasted at the airport while our hotel in Mexico had already been paid for. Luckily I saw that there was a flight to Merida that had been scheduled for 11am to leave at 7pm. We told them to book us on that flight which they happily did in order to ged rid of us. Since I was eager to get out of that hellhole of an airport as well we flew to Merida and arrived there at around 9pm. That gave us sufficient time to catch a night bus to Cancun. We arrived at our hotel at 7am after spending an awful lot of money for a convenient flight that never happened plus the fare for the bus. Needless to say they never reimbursed us for the night missed night in our hotel. Do yourself a favour and do not book this airline which seems to be run by a group of clueless amateurs.
AircraftSaab 340
RouteFlores to Cancun

“Awful airline”

Not Verified | Awful airline. Tried to charge us over $200 USD for extra weight, and we negotiated down to $175 - still unreal expensive. We will NEVER fly this airline again, and we will advise our friends and family also against flying TAG.
RouteFlores to Guatemala City
Date FlownMarch 2024

"price was ridiculously high"

(Guatemala)

Trip Verified |  There were no other options for me to fly from Guatemala City to Belize City, so I had to book with TAG. Flight times changed multiple times. Luckily I was notified by Trip.com so I didn't miss my flight. Flight from Guatemala to Belize, plane was only 1/3 full. Chose seat 10A when I checked in online, was given seat 14A when they printed my boarding pass. Had to walk on the tarmac to enter the plane. Small plane, narrow seats, but the arm rests did have a hidden button to lift them up and out of the way. Flight attendant was friendly and professional. Got a kids juice box as my beverage! But the flight was less than an hour, so I guess that's fair. Flight from Belize to Guatemala, minor flight time change. The desk was Tropic Air with a small sign for TAG that is barely noticeable. The Belizean desk attendant was very helpful to me with the Guatemalan forms that had to be filled out on my phone by scanning a QR code. Plane boarded late. No signage at airport to indicate it was TAG. Had to walk all the way across the entire airport outside in the sun to get to our plane, which was parked way out on the tarmac. I was given the exit row seat and I asked to be moved, which they did once all passengers had taken their seats. Flight attendant was on her phone during takeoff and landing. Got a full bottle of water for my beverage. My arm rest was broken and a sharp piece of metal was poking my leg. The price of my ticket was ridiculously high for a one-hour flight. I think TAG has the monopoly on this route (GUA - BZE) so they can charge what they want.
RouteGuatemala City to Belize City
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"attitude was rude and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | I've flown with airlines globally, but my experience with TAG Airlines in Guatemala was extremely disappointing. The staff attitude was rude and unprofessional. It felt like a scam, especially with their baggage policy - charging $3 per extra pound is exorbitant, considering their bags already weigh close to 20 pounds empty. This can add up to more than the cost of the flight itself, which is outrageous for travelers. I strongly advise against flying with TAG Airline. There are far better options available with more reasonable policies and better customer service. Do yourself a favor and choose a different airline. The negative reviews for TAG Airline are justified, and I hope my experience can help others make a more informed choice.
RouteGuatemala City to Flores

"Terrible experience"

(Guatemala)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. They changed our departure time three times, all three changes were in a period of one day. We arrived at the airport and after having spent five hours waiting, they told us that the flight was canceled at 12 at night and they scheduled the flight for us until 1 in the afternoon of the next day (which ended up leaving at 2:15), They transferred us to a hotel near the airport (low quality and even unsafe). Due to the cancellation of the flight, I missed the other flight I had with them the next day and they did not take care of anything, they do not refund you and if you did not pay the plus fare, they do not give you the option to reschedule the flight for another day. Do not schedule flights with them, there are other alternatives to make the trip Guatemala - El Salvador, which are better.
RouteSan Salvador to Guatemala
Date FlownNovember 2023

"Worst airline I have ever flown"

Not Verified | Worst airline I have ever flown and will never fly again with TAG Airlines. No office at airport and no attendants to help. Delayed at least 2hrs and had to stand at counter to wait for their attendants to show up.
RouteSan Salvador to Guatemala
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Horrible corrupted company"

Trip Verified | Do not book with this company. If you have to fly, check other airlines and otherwise go by bus. They ruined our holiday with cancelling the flight each time. First on Saturday, rescheduled to Sunday, cancelled again (all a few hours before) and they offer a flight a few days later. Unacceptable and that one won’t 100% sure not fly as well. They don’t give a reason why, only a phone number that you should call. When you do, they disconnect the line the whole time or do not even pick up. Horrible corrupted company.
RouteFlores to Cancun
Date FlownAugust 2022

"couldn’t print our boarding tickets"

Trip Verified | Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:10AM. We arrived at 8:10AM and the attendant told us they had already closed the computer terminal and couldn’t print our boarding tickets (3 people). I asked them to put us in the next flight. They told me they couldn’t do it because I bought the tickets via Booking.com. That I had to buy new tickets. Which I ended up doing because We had reservations at Flores, for Tikal and hotel reservations. They even made pay a higher price than with Booking.com. It was an ordeal because , the new tickets, I had to buy them through a phone call because they many staff working told me they couldn’t help me. What Tag airline did was a robbery.
RouteGuatemala City to Flores
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Decent flight of 1:15 hour"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Guatemala. Decent flight of 1:15 hour. Nothing special, all went well except for a delay of 4 hours. Flight attendant was friendly.
AircraftEmbraer