Swoop

"how uncompassionate they were"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. I have flown a lot, and never have I been treated so terribly. I was unable to check in online due to a computer system error and we arrived 5 minutes late for the 45 minute check in at the airport. We had no bags to be checked and apologized that we were not there at the 45 minute mark. A stewardess was so nice and said it was no problem; the flight is delayed because they just waited 20 minutes for passengers on the incoming flight because "we don't leave any passengers behind". (Please mind you the Hamilton airport takes 5 minutes to get threw security). A pilot came out from the incoming flight and told us he couldn't get us through - another passenger came after us and they helped her get threw because she checked in online but would not help us. I called customer service and the lady was extremely rude telling me it was all my fault. I told her I understood we had just missed the 45 minute mark but we had a 9 month baby at home who did not have a place to stay tonight. She was rude, but said she would change the system only this one time so we could board. She heard the other late passenger being helped and said "oh it looks like you are being taken care of so I don't need to help you". The supervisor at the airport refused to let us through security and told us to call the call center only after the plane was fully boarded. She showed no compassion and told us we should have been on time. I called customer service back and they said they charge low prices so there would be no compensation or help rebooking a flight. After telling them how uncompassionate they were for only being flying for a few days they told us they would send one of us home the next day, and the other 6 days later. We told them that was unacceptable and they said "that is your choice". We ended up not getting any compensation or help rebooking. We paid 700$ for another flight with another airline so we could get home to our daughter at Pearson Airport. Moral of this very long story is do not fly with this airline. If you have uncontrollable circumstances such as traffic, which is common in the area, they will not allow you to board or help you to get home.
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownJune 2018

"worst treatment ever"

Trip Verified | First day disaster on Swoop. My son was booked on Swoop from Abbotsford to Hamilton and 68 mins after arriving in Hamilton, on swoop to Halifax. Two texts early in morning saying flight would be late both wrong. Times given Flight leaves Abbotsford 90 mins late, arrives Hamilton 90 mins late. No connection, Swoop flight to Halifax gone. Swoops attitude not their problem. Would not even honor ticket to Halifax on next day. My son had to pay for hotel, food and refused to pay for another ticket to Halifax. Booked on Flair instead. Don't fly Swoop, worst treatment ever by an airline in 30 years.
RouteAbbotsford to Halifax via Hamilton