Swoop

"Tried it and hated it"

Trip Verified | 4 of us flew returning from Ft. Lauderdale, we all checked in at the same time. My son, his wife and my wife had seats in Row 8 and myself in 28. I explained it was our 25th anniversary and we'd appreciate sitting together. Yes she replied certainly $38. I asked why a family checking in would not sit together as most always do, she replied yes $38. I asked if the flight was full, she then looked at my carry on and said it was over sized another $38. I told her it fit in the cage, its a computer bag. She said to verify at the gate, the gate then said yes it fits and to see her again. As we all know impossible to go back, I called Swoop, $15 plus tax to speak to someone. Used the online and complaint denied. I disputed with VISA as services not rendered and charge was reversed. You can't always win Swoop. Now under a regulatory review and numerous complaints I'll go back to my other carrier. Tried it and hated it.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Hamilton

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Las Vegas. Flight was scheduled to board at 1:25 PM, did not board until 2:20pm. Making the flight an hour delayed with absolutely no announcement if the flight being delayed or why. Majority of customers waiting for flight extremely aggravated. Poor customer service, not worth the cheaper prices.
RouteAbbotsford to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"couldn’t have been happier"

Trip Verified | We travelled between Tampa and Hamilton (return) over the Christmas holidays and while we were skeptical after reading all the negative online reviews we gave it a try as it’s so much more convenient to fly into Hamilton for us. We found the airline to be excellent! Both legs of the trip were pretty much on time (20 minutes delayed) and the flight staff were friendly and courteous. We seen people showing up at the airport with limited time to clear checkin and security and of course they were frustrated but that’s not the airlines fault! We couldn’t have been happier and would highly recommend but make sure you adhere to their recommendations arrive 2 hours ahead for international flights!!
RouteHamilton to Tampa
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"full page of dark purple"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Why would you force me to print a full page of dark purple when I print my boarding pass? Rather than have black text on a white background, you chose white text. Let's see, how can we make this visible? Well, let's put in a dark background that fill the entire page edge to edge. I had to print four of these monstrosities on my trip yet another hidden expense for Swoop. Ink is not cheap. Additionally, if you are going to email me my ticket, use an appropriate format. Not jpg. Please join the 21st century. We have phones that store our tickets if sent in the proper format. It does not cost anything. Please hire professional designers. Please think of the end user. There is more to a flight than simply flying.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Just so I don’t get my blood pressure boiling again I’ll keep this simple. First time flying with Swoop (long time customer of WestJet) 1.5 pounds over on the luggage, charged $108 37,000 feet in the air, not allowed to switch to other open seats. Not much of a savings when they charge you for a cheap seat but get you on other fee’s last minute when your already in motion and don’t have a choice but to pay what they say. Thank you for adding on extra expenses, on Christmas Day nevertheless. Cold hearted, poor customer service. Good luck Swoop, hope your new inconsiderate company flies, no pun intended.
RouteHamilton, Ontario to Abbotsford BC

"get you on other fees"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford. Just so I don’t get my blood pressure boiling again I’ll keep this simple. First time flying with Swoop(long time customer of WestJet) 1.5 pounds over on the luggage, charged $108 37,000 feet in the air, not allowed to switch to other open seats. Not much of a savings when they charge you for a cheap seat but get you on other fees last minute when your already in motion and don’t have a choice but to pay what they say. Thank you for adding on extra expenses, on Christmas Day nevertheless. Cold hearted poor customer service. Good luck Swoop, hope your new inconsiderate company flies, no pun intended.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not allowed on the plan"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford . Absolutely disgusted. I have flown with swoop any times, which in reality is a rip off since you have to pay for every single thing over top of the fare. My flight was at 7:45AM on December 27th in Edmonton, I have already checked into my flight the night before at 9PM and I had been running late to the airport due to my morning sickness, I had upgraded my seats to the front of the plane when I had checked in in case my morning sickness continued onto the flight. When I have arrived at the airport and gotten up to the counter to check my bag which I PAID for and get a hard copy of my check in tickets the women had denied me entrance of the plane because my baggage was going to make it when it was 6:55AM and my plane was departing at 7:45AM yes I was pushing it close and only had 5 minutes but the women beside me had said to the lady at her customer counter ‘you just made it ‘ Then after trying to find out my options with the lady at the check in desk, she had the nerve to ask why I was late, and I had then told her because I was having morning sickness, which then she had proceeded to say I was not allowed on the plane in general because I was sick. I have never been more disgusted and mistreated by an airplane ever in my life and when I had gone ahead and emailed them about it, and the women at the counter wrote on my profile that I was 13 mins late, that’s when I had walked away from the counter because she spend 13 minutes being rude. They also said I couldn’t wait to get on the 12PM flight because I was sick and it was going to cost me full price. Being nearly $800 dollars for my fiancé and I. So we rented a car from enterprise for $155 and $100 dollars in gas, drive back to BC! 12hrs later - thank you enterprise.
AircraftB737-800
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownDecember 2018

"plane clean and spacious"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford. The service I received at Swoop was beyond what I would expect for Canada’s discount carrier. Not only did I receive quick service with friendly staff, it did not take me long to board the plane. The flight was smooth and we got there just in time, if not just a few minutes earlier. Coming back home with fly swoop is the reason why, I’ll fly with them again. I sustain an injury while on vacation and the flight crew was beyond helpful and quick to ensure I was comfortable and able to enjoy my flight. Special thanks to the crew on board my return flight. Now back to the review, the plane is clean and spacious. Yes you have to pay for upgrades, but that’s what you would expect with a discount carrier. Honestly though, I feel you don’t require the extra leg space, I was very comfortable with the room I had. You have a chance to board the plane with food and beverages you can purchase at the food shops located in terminal, Also you can purchase drinks and food in the cabin, they accept visa and credit (visa debit, not sure) Flyswoop has given me the option to take mini vacations throughout my hectic work schedule and hope to see them expand in the North, maybe Anchorage, Whitehorse, or even Yellowknife. Also the South, Port of Spain, Santiago and more. They offered complimentary movies, that you watch on your own devices, this made the trip even quicker! This service is for the smart, trendy, cost savings individual, and everyone else who would rather spend more money on their vacation. Downfalls of flyswoop, they use a smaller international airports which is a bit of a distance to major cities - however, you can rent a car, or catch a bus for a reasonable price. Go Transit travels to Hamilton Go Station from Toronto and, their is a local bus that takes you directly to the airport for $3 Hope this review helps!! Their prices are amazing.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford

"Overall great experience"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Hamilton. The staff was very welcoming and courteous. They had a smile and were very friendly and down to earth. The flight was even ahead of schedule and the flight was smooth. Overall great experience.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton

"entirely unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Tampa. There is no excuse for the way in which my flight was handled! It was supposed to depart Hamilton airport at 6 pm. We boarded at the appropriate time, but were forced to sit on the plane for over three hours while we waited for passengers from another flight to join us. When we arrived in Tampa, we were informed that we would have to stand in line to see a US customs agent, since there wasn’t one at Hamilton Airport. Swoop did not inform us about this before the flight. Because our flight was so late arriving, all but TWO customs officers had gone home. By the time our entire plane full of people was possessed, it was after midnight. The person who was waiting for me at Tampa Airport was given no information about our flight. Tonight, my son, whose ticket I paid for, is sitting on the tarmac on a flight that was scheduled to leave at 5:50pm. It is now 8:01 pm. This is entirely unacceptable!
RouteHamilton to Tampa