Swoop

"nobody will show up"

Trip Verified | Mazatlan via Abbotsford. Worst Air line in my life. It was incredible to believe that when I was stranded in the airport in Mazatlan nobody will show up to asses us. Just unbelievable.
RouteMazatlan via Abbotsford

"everything went great"

Not Verified | London to Abbotsford via Windsor. Had a wonderful flight with Swoop airlines. Staff was friendly and there were no delays. Would definitely fly again. Only issue is their website doesn't work well. Other than that everything went great.
RouteLondon to Abbotsford via Windsor
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"my experience was amazing"

Not Verified | London to Orlando. I was nervous to fly with swoop due to negative reviews but my experience was amazing! The weather was bad in London, lots of rain, however we flew out on schedule. Flight back from Orlando was great, we arrived on time. Check in was easy- get the app it’s great! After my flight I ran into a manager with swoop who personally asked how my flight was. I definitely recommend swoop to anyone. Thanks!
RouteLondon to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not worth the experience"

Not Verified | Toronto to Seattle. There were no drinks, no entertainment, the wait lines were long, the flight attendants were cranky. I'm just glad the flight wasn't cancelled like other people have been telling me. Swoop, no matter how cheap, is not worth the experience.
RouteToronto to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Would give them 0 stars"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford. Crammed in like sardines. Don't even offer a glass of water and charge for everything. The flight fare might be cheapish. Then cancel flights less than 18 hours out. Contact centre can't be reached despite FAQ showing that is how you fix it. Say they book on earliest? Sunday 4 days later? Despite Fri flight being available. No recourse for any added accommodation costs. Would give them 0 stars.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"never book vacation with Swoop again"

Not Verified | We booked a week holiday for San Jose del Cabo and after staying up all night to head to the airport at 3:30 am, upon arriving we found they had cancelled our flight because "there was no pilot". Our options were to find another flight with someone else and Swoop would reimburse that in about 2 months, alternatively the Check-in Agent said they were going to reschedule our vacation for Feb 1st, two weeks later. We thought we would just go in February instead but when we called them a couple days later they said they did not reschedule and were going to issue a refund which we would receive in 2 weeks. Now we don't have our money to book a different vacation (which will definitely be with Sunwing or any other airline). Also they now charge for checked baggage so you may as well book a vacation with Sunwing as it lands up being about the same price in the end. I will never book a vacation with Swoop again. Maybe only domestic flights but that's about it.
RouteEdmonton to San Jose del Cabo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

" mistake while paying for luggage"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Winnipeg. I made a mistake while paying for luggage. I immediately called Swoop to rectify my error. They refused and I had to pay 60 USD again. They wouldn’t let me speak to a manager or a supervisor. I ended up paying 120 USD (160cdn). For 1 suitcase. I’m furious about the lack of understanding.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Winnipeg
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Terrible experience"

Not Verified |  Terrible experience. I showed up in Winnipeg for a flight to Hamilton. The flight was to depart at 3:30 pm. I arrived at 2 pm and ready to go. No delays. At 2:10 pm the delays started. No reason was given for the delays except for weather or de-icing. All the other airlines were running on time. At 10 pm I boarded the plane. The plane was speeding up to take off and the pilot slowed down and turned around to go back to the gate. Apparently a warning light came on and there needed to be service. Maintenance arrived at about 11 pm. The problem couldn't be fixed and we were asked to deplane at 12:10 am. At 2:45 am we were told a new plane will be used. We were also told that if we wanted to cancel our flight, we could and we would be refunded if we sent an email to them. I did that and so far no contact has been made. I've also tried calling Swoop directly. I've been on hold for over an hour.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I will never fly Swoop again"

Not Verified | Swoop cancelled our flight And they are attributing it to the rain hamilton is getting. This was after delaying twice before the rain even started, which was made extra questionable when we were told to book with other airlines that were still flying in to Hamilton regardless of weather and at an increased fee (because seats that were $400 a month ago at westjet today were $1200+). In addition, some passengers, including myself, were not sent the notification until we were already in route. I incurred a $80+ cab fare as a result of Swoops inability to effectively communicate or manage their issues as it clearly wasn’t weather. At customer service we were all told we would be put on the next flight (a lie as there were flights for sale on their webpage sooner), that Swoop would reimburse for additional fees incurred by getting last minute flights with other agents etc - essentially anything they could say to be rid of us. I am currently taking my second $80+ cab ride in 5 hrs because of Swoops poor customer service. I will never fly Swoop again if someone at this company doesn’t rectify costs incurred for their errors. Forced to give them one star but this entire scenario was poorly managed and a disgusting display of Swoops lack of customer care.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no one provided compensation"

Trip Verified | November 2018: Winnipeg to Hamilton return, I made it to Hamilton but the flight back was bumped up 24 hrs. I contacted support via phone and facebook, as well as in the airport. No one could provide me a reason why my flight was leaving a day earlier. I had to book a last minute, very expensive flight on a different airline to get back. No reimbursement was even offered other than a ticket refund. December 2019: Winnipeg to Hamilton return, the first flight into Hamilton was delayed 7 hours until AM. The new flight didn't meet my travel needs so I called and the representative ensured me they would reimburse my last minute, very expensive flight on a different airline. I emailed Swoop support for this reimbursement 6 times over 3 weeks and have not received a single response. The second flight to Winnipeg was expected to depart at 3:30 PM. I checked into the airport and went through security. The flight was delayed twice until 8:20 PM. At 8:30 PM, they tell us the plane was in Montreal and the flight was cancelled - thanks for the heads up, any reason you couldn't tell us a little sooner given the plane was still in Montreal. The flight was canceled for weather in Montreal and thus not refundable. Interestingly, every other flight for the Toronto area to Winnipeg on real airlines were running just fine, probably because Winnipeg and Hamilton are nowhere near Montreal, where the weather was. I had to book a last minute, very expensive flight on a different airline to get back. Swoop said no one would be provided compensation as it was weather-related. Never ever again will I consider Swoop.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton