Swoop

"I am so unhappy with them"

Trip Verified | This airline is honestly the worst for customer service! I few with them in July and it was fine but for my October flight I am so unbelievably upset. I am so unhappy with them and will never fly with them again. I bought my ticket 35 hours before I had to cancel due to a unexpected family emergency and the customer service team did nothing but give me the same answer over and over again, after a few emails and several days they stopped responding. I get the rules but less then 48 hours and they wouldn't do anything. Never use this airline.
RouteKelowna to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2021

"service I have received has been zero"

Not Verified | I booked a flight out of Kelowna, BC in in the middle of August 2021 for departure the second week of September 2021 back to Toronto for a business trip. I was happy to see the cost of this flight was around $150 + about another $100 in baggage fees for a total of $250. Great deal! My issue is closer to the date Kelowna was suffering various forest fires that were reeking havoc on that part of the province. With these unforeseen challenges my work decided to move our meeting venue to Vancouver, BC and avoid Kelowna due to these challenges. I reached out to Swoop via their Customer Service email because they do not have a call center you can call in to (unless you want to pay $15 to get someone on a call). I made them aware that I understood that this was a discount fee I received on my flight but at minimum I should have a refund on the luggage fees I paid for ahead of time ($100). The auto response I received was "Someone would reach out to you within 30 days". I have followed up twice with no response as of yet. The service I have received has been zero from them and I will never book a flight through this airline ever again. Be aware of this when looking in to a booking with Swoop!
Date FlownAugust 2021

"It’s extremely poor service for a new airline to treat customers like this"

Trip Verified | I paid for a checked bag before my flight to Toronto, 46$ which I found reasonable due to the cheap ticket prices. When I arrived at the airport the Swoop employee told me I had not paid for my return flights checked bag. I would need to pay 69$ plus tax for a checked bag since it was not in advance. I explained to him that I did attempt to pay for my checked bag for this flight and that it made no sense to pay for a checked bag a week in advance and not for one on my current flight. He had no answers or solutions for me and was extremely quiet and unhelpful. It’s extremely poor service for a new airline to treat customers like this. I will not be flying with this company anymore.
RouteHalifax to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Everything turned out perfectly fine"

Not Verified | Everything turned out perfectly fine. My family of three paid to check a massive bag (which we all shared) and then trotted aboard with our personal items. The flight left on time and arrived on time (for what it's worth, the descent into Abbotsford is breathtaking). The crew were brisk but pleasant. Yes, the seats feel a bit like 1970's lawn chairs and yes, you have to pay for extras (carry-on, food, entertainment), but bring a book and a snack, and you'll be fine. And, let's face it, $300 return is a steal.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I was told today that there was absolutely no refund"

Not Verified | Booked a flight for travel in March 2020, we couldn’t travel because we were in the middle of a pandemic (covid 19) so I was originally told to wait there would be a refund shortly, when not hearing from them I start to investigate again! You can only get a hold of them through a chat board! I was told today that there was absolutely no refund, we would have to take the credit. I paid for the tickets (3 of them) and I want my refund. Annoyed beyond belief!
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Avoid this airline at all costs"

Not Verified | I had a trip booked with my girlfriend to go to Winnipeg and I am an essential worker who was recently in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid19. I tested negative but was advised to quarantine. I told the airline this and they would not offer a credit or even a refund. They said they could rebook my flight 2 weeks later when I am away on a business trip. We asked if they could extend the 2 weeks and they refused. We asked if they could offer us a credit as we would like to use it at a later date and they refused. We even offered to have my Girlfriend go alone and just get credited for the 1 ticket and they still refused. They said they would not help us in any way. So we were left with 2 choices, use the ticket and go on the airline and potentially expose every one of their staff and customers to Covid19 or lose out on the money we paid for the flights. As such, I am going to go on the flight and hope for the best, I hope someone from their head office sees this. Avoid this airline at all costs. Also, what this company doesn't realize, is that I travel for business and will be taking 60-80 flights per year and will be sure to tell everyone about my experience with Swoop. Lifetime value of a customer, look it up, learn it.
RouteAbbotsford to Winnipeg
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Found the staff very helpful and pleasant"

Not Verified | Found the staff very helpful and pleasant. As a senior they were excellent in helping me board and to get off the plane. They had a wheel hair at both ends as I can no longer do stairs. Seats where fine. Thank You Swoop.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford B.C
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Ripping people off for luggage"

Not Verified | I have just used Swoop with my family for the 1st time and we were not impressed. Our other family member used this airline as well 2 yrs ago and same problems with luggage. For there over luggage is an absolute rip off. You pay for your luggage at nearly 50.00 and have a couple pounds over they charge 1130.00 each bag. This is absolutely ridiculous. Then our other family member charged them luggage and wouldn't allow her to check her bag in. This airline is terrible. Ripping people off for luggage is just wrong.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2021

"a very low quality airline"

Trip Verified | Horrible Customer Service. Would not recommend to fly with them unless you are jammed for cash. Make sure you get your luggage and seat situation sorted out well before hand because they will not allow you to make alterations on luggage even though you already paid. Also don't wait until you get to the airport to get checked or carry on bag because they will charge extra. All in all this is a very low quality airline and should be avoided if possible.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2021

"moved my flight one whole day"

Trip Verified | They moved my flight one whole day, saying they are very sorry for the inconveniences, but not really providing a reason why they had to do this. I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've taken quite a few fights in the last 40 years and this is the very first time this happens to me. I submitted a claim to see if they could cover the additional lodging costs I had due to this change and was useless. And still they didn't explain why that happened. What's the point of using a cheap airline if they will cause you to spend more on other aspects of the trip. Now I've realized there are reviews posted here by people who have gone through the same. Lesson learned for the future to check reviews before flying with an airline for the first time.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton