Swoop

"refused to take his luggage"

Trip Verified | My grandson (15 yrs old) is flying tonight (Aug 19, 2019) from Halifax, to Hamilton (WO115) and then on to Edmonton.(WO103). At the desk in Halifax I asked to have his luggage checked all the way to Edmonton, but was told it couldn't be done - he would have to retrieve his luggage in Hamilton and check-in again. The Halifax to Hamilton leg was an hour late departing and when he got in Hamilton, the person at the Swoop desk refused to take his luggage, because he had missed the window by 15 minutes. The cause for him missing the timeline was the "delayed Swoop flight" from Halifax. When he tried to explain that to the person at the desk, her reply was "thats not my problem, you have to deal with it", and she walked away. She said this to a 15 year old boy travelling on his own! To say that I find this absolutely incredible would be an understatement. Now I have to arrange to have the bag picked up at the airport and shipped to Edmonton. They will never have the opportunity to do this to me or my family again - a cheap price does not allow you to dispense with common courtesy and common sense.
RouteHalifax to Edmonton via Hamilton
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the plane was delayed both ways"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Las Vegas. On my round trip to Vegas this weekend the plane was delayed both ways, unknown reason as there were no inbound passengers that disembarked the plane either time once it finally parked at the gate to pick us up. This was my first and last with Swoop.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2019

"It just very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. We only have an hour and half flight with Swoop Airlines and have a car seat with together with our luggage. Waited for our car seat by the claim area and unfortunately it was nowhere to be found. The staff whom I didnt get the name approached us and asked if we are waiting for our oversized baggage and I was like yes its a car seat. She said they cant find it and we need to fill up a form and they will replace the car seat. She didn’t apologized to us in behalf of the company. She even want me to open the car seat from the box but I didn’t. which irritates me because we didn’t even get great customer service from her. It just very disappointing. But then we appreciate that they replaced the car seat.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | I was supposed to fly Swoop from Hamilton to Vegas today. The flight was cancelled and they only emailed us one hour before our flight. We were to go to Vegas 8/15 and return 8/20. We were at the airport, limo had dropped us off and we get a message on our email that the flight was cancelled and that it would not depart for Vegas until 8/20 - we were to be home and back to work on 8/20. We had all of our hotels booked and so we had to call an uber to the airport, find our way to Hamilton, rent another vehicle and drive to DETROIT as that was the closest airport and the only way we could still get to vegas that night... not only did this cost us 1000$ each per person, it wasted so much time. We are starting off on our vacation- ruined and I am shocked that Swoop can get away with rebooking everyone on a flight 5 days later! in what world does that work for anyone. I feel bad for everyone who works for Swoop as I do not want to imagine the flack they are getting right now. I hope Swoop gets shut down until they can figure out how to operate as a feasible airline. Wrecking peoples travel plans that many people only get a few times a year is completely unfair.
RouteHamilton to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2019

"delayed and cancelled flights"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Abottsford. I'm sitting here in the Edmonton airport as I write this waiting for my flight which has been delayed 3 hours. I guess you get what you pay for but I would not recommend you use this airline if you value being on time to your destination. 3 times flying with them and 3 times delayed. Big problem with delayed and cancelled flights with swoop!
RouteEdmonton to Abottsford
Date FlownAugust 2019

"this airline made money of me"

Trip Verified | Halifax to London. I came in on July 30 and paid for two checked bags both ways. One for myself and one for my wife. My wife could not come and they would give a refund which l understand. I wanted to to bring a walker home to give as a gift to a young child to help him walk. I asked if l could check it as my Wife bag. I was told no and had to pay 80 just to check in the walker. Asked to talk to Manager for Halifax (YHZ) still said no. The lack of compassion by this airline is disappointing. If l just would have book both of the checked bags in my l may not have paid more. So this airline made money of me. They booked someone else in my wife place. Plus charged me again for a checked item that l already paid for.
RouteHalifax to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"nothing negative to say at all"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Kelowna. First time travelling with Swoop, and won’t be the last. I chose Swoop because they are the only airline to offer direct flights from Winnipeg to Kelowna, which was a major plus because I was travelling with my 3 month old baby. No issues with baggage - as long as you follow their guidelines you shouldn’t have issues. Even with adding seat choices, baby equipment, and bag fees, the flight was still cheaper than other alternatives. Flights were on time and pleasant. Nothing negative to say at all.
RouteWinnipeg to Kelowna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"do nothing for customers"

Trip Verified | Never fly Swoop. 1 hr 33 mins on average for customer service, they damaged my bags and gave a 50 dollar voucher which expires in 90 days. They cancel and change flights for no reason, never answer their phones and do nothing for customers. I ended up fixing my own baggage and fixing my own stuff.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownDecember 2018

"return flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Kelowna to Las Vegas. We to Las Vegas on Thursday, On Saturday I was contacted via email that our return flight home (on Sunday) from Vegas was cancelled. They rebooked us on another flight next Thursday. We were forced to buy a one way flight home on Westjet for $1360. The contact center phone number is only available Mon - Sat during business hours and there's a fee of $15.
RouteKelowna to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2019

"friendly and hassle free"

Trip Verified | We were very excited about being able to fly directly from London to Halifax. Price point was excellent. Service was friendly and hassle free. Hoping to fly again next summer.
RouteLondon to Halifax