Swoop

"flight was delayed twice"

Not Verified | Terrible. On the way home, from Halifax to Hamilton, flight was delayed twice, then rescheduled for the next day at 8 am, then delayed again until 11am. I had other family heading back from Halifax 2 days later, and there flight was delayed aswell. They're a great airline to fly with, so long as you don't have average expectations, and you don't care if you're on time. Another thing that is extremely inconvenient is, there contact number that shows up on there website is directed to Calgary, and there office doesn't open until 8 am, mountain time. Depending on where you are in Canada, if you have a last minute emergency and you need to talk to a representative from Swoop, you're on your own. I'll pay the extra money, and fly with someone else next time.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I would recommend Swoop"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. Overall no complaints. Swoop is a very basic plane but for a two hour flight you don’t need all the extras and the price was great. Swoop pricing was the reason I was able to spend thanksgiving with my family. Flight was delayed because of weather but no one could change that. Swoop was good with updating us on the changes and what was to be done when we came back in the morning. Flight attendants were friendly and the flight was smooth. Overall I would recommend Swoop.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I'll choose Swoop again"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Before the flight, I checked rating here, and was a bit afraid of the service quality and punctuality of flights at Swoop. But my experience explained everything. The aircraft is in a fairly new (well maintained) condition. Room between two rows is okay. By the way, I am 180cm tall. Each row has 6 seats. The seat on the aisle side is a bit narrow. The other ones are okey by size. I had a carry-on luggage with me. Unlike other sneaky cheap flight airlines I experienced in Europe, Swoop did not check the weight and dimension of my carry-on. Cabin crews are friendly. As a cheap flight airline, it is within my expectation that all beverages and food must be purchased. Wifi is available in cabin subject to payment. But for a one-hour flight, it really did not matter. Staff at the service counter at the airport were also friendly and helpful. For my next trips, I'll choose Swoop again.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"unorganized and inconsiderate"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton via Mississauga. Our flight was delayed twice before being canceled. Each change we received an email. We were not given any compensation for hotel or anything because the cancelation was due to weather. We were told to be at check in by 5am. Staff didn't show up until 5:25am. That is when we were told our 8am flight was delayed again until 11am so the crew could have the appropriate amount of rest. Again, no compensation offered and no email notification was sent until 8:03am, 3 minutes after our flight was supposed to have left! If I flew with Air Canada, I would have been able to switch to a Toronto flight, but Swoop doesn't fly there! Having had to fly for a funeral, this was an unexpected expense and I did not have any extra money to stay in a hotel. My family is 2 hours away from the airport, so it wasn't an option to stay with them, instead I half napped on a bench. This airline is very unorganized and inconsiderate to the people keeping them in business. I will not be flying Swoop again and recommend that you spend the extra couple of dollars to get a flight on a reputable airline.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton via Mississauga
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. First time flying with Swoop, flight was delayed 12 hours and was promptly informed they will not accommodate any vouchers or hotel stays for anyone. Also, have to go pick up bags in hallway and re check in and new boarding passes the next morning. Will not fly with Swoop again and will not recommend this airline to anyone.

"Very pleasurable trip"

Not Verified | My husband and I flew with Swoop Hamilton to Edmonton and return. We will definitely fly this airline again!! No complaints at all. Entire staff, both ways, so very friendly and accommodating! Very pleasurable trip. Thank you
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"my experience was very positive"

Trip Verified | I flew Swoop airlines from Hamilton to Abbottsford and back in October this year. If you want to rate Swoop airlines, you have to consider it to be a no-frills airline. Comparing it to Air Canada or Westjet is not appropriate, a more realistic comparison would be Ryanair. As a it is a no-frills airline, my experience was very positive. Customer service took exceptionally long to answer my call (about 45 minutes) but was able to resolve my issue within minutes afterwards. Hamilton and Abbottsford are small airports, therefore security was done in 10 minutes. Downside: no public transport whatsoever at Abbotsford, prepare to take a taxi to the city center or to be picked up by someone you know. Both flights were on time. The amenities on board are way better than Ryanair. In-seat power, in flight entertainment via wifi and movable neckrests were available at every seat. This is even comparable to Westjet and Air Canada and well beyond low cost carrier standard. However, recline was minimal, so sleeping was not quite possible in this upright position. If you bring a neck cushion it's okay. On board amenities for purchase were limited but reasonable priced. 3.99 for headphones or 4.99 for a bowl of ramen soup are fine in my opinion. Overall my experience was positive, especially if you consider the price. I'd definitely fly again.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownOctober 2018

"good value for money spent"

Trip Verified | Flew on Swoop Winnipeg to Abbotsford and return during the end of September. Both of the flights operated on time with no delays. The boarding was conducted quite smoothly, considering the Abbotsford airport security personnel were obviously overwhelmed with 3 flights leaving a small airport at the same time. The flight attendants were all pleasant and attentive in carrying out the limited in flight service. You pay for absolutely everything and the seating is tighter than other carriers. I pay extra to sit in the emergency exit row that has lots more legroom, so the smaller seat pitch does not apply. Also none of the seats will recline saving your knees. Overall Swoop is good value for the money spent and I will fly Swoop again.
AircraftB737-800
RouteAbbotsford to Winnipeg

"Hardest landing experienced"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. They were over an hour late. Airplane used up most of the runway before taking off. Hardest landing I've ever experienced and to top of all off everyone was thrown forward at the end of the landing with excessive braking.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"Very unprofessional Airline"

Trip Verified | Very unprofessional Airline. Our group of 8 traveled from Edmonton to Abbotsford on September 13, 2018 and returning to Edmonton on September 16, 2018. On our return to Edmonton on September 16, 2018 the flight W0124 was canceled. It was rescheduled for Monday September 17, 2018 at 8:45AM - Flight W02224. Many upset passenger were advised that Swoop Airlines would not provide any accommodation, transportation or any food vouchers. As many other passengers we were very upset and frustrated, we rented a vehicle and made arrangements for a night stay at a local hotel. Next morning we find out that the rescheduled flight W02224 is also canceled. Now there is a new reschedule flight W0122 on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 1:20pm. We decided to go to the airport on Monday September 17/18 to find out what was going on. When we went to the airport that morning to the Swoop counter, the agent told us that the Monday flight W02224 is canceled and Tuesdays flight W0122 is also canceled and there is a new reschedule flight Wednesday September 19, 2018 on 1:20 pm. We told the Swoop Agent that we had to get back to our work of employment and that my daughter had to go back to her studies at the University of Alberta. We asked the Swoop counter Agent to help us get on a earlier flight, they refused and asked us to leave. We witnessed upset & frustrated passengers with similar issues actually being escorted out by security that was called out by Swoop counter agents for no major reasons that we saw. The Swoop counter agents overreacted to the upset & frustrated passengers. Feeling abandoned by Swoop Airlines and losing faith in Swoop, we ended up booking on a another airline Flair Airlines on Monday Sept. 17 at 8:35 and reached Edmonton. I contacted Swoop Airlines contact center 3 time on the phone (September 18, 19, 21, 2018) regarding the cancellation of our flights and have asked to speak to the management in charge. I have been told 3 time by Swoop contact center that someone from the management will call back. It has been 1 week and no calls from Swoop Airline management. We would like to get reimbursed for the additional cost for new Airline Tickets, Vehicle rental, Hotel accommodation, Food and lost Wages. It is the responsibility of Airlines to get their Passengers back to their destination on a timely manner. Cancellation of total 3 flights is not acceptable standard. No Accommodation or recourse was provided by the Swoop Airlines to their passengers.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton