Swoop

"do not care about their customer"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Edmonton. This airline should not be getting a dime from the government when it is not refunding or given full credits to the people that have their flights canceled. They make you use their modify and pick dates right there. No one should ever use this airline as they do not care about their customers. Please do not use this airline.
RouteLas Vegas to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"unable to reach anyone by phone"

Not Verified | Terrible service! Our flight from Mesa to Edmonton and the return flight in May were cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak and subsequent closing of the U.S./Canada border. We are now unable to travel to Canada and Swoop refuses to issue anything other than Swoop credit. Edmonton is the only destination they fly to out of Mesa - lot of good credit will do. They seem to feel entitled to my money while not providing anything on their end. I understand the outbreak is outside their control but a simple refund is appropriate for this unusual situation. I am unable to reach anyone by phone. The call just ends saying that no one is available and hangs up.
RouteMesa to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"shift in their customer service"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. I have flown Swoop many times in the past few years, but have seen a real shift in their customer service. In light of a global pandemic, I was appalled at a couple of practices that seemed like safety oversights that negate the government mandate for social distancing. When time to board, they called "General Boarding Call", instead of by zone or by row, which resulted in all passengers cramming up to the counter. The plane was 1/2 full, but their seating algorithm placed everyone at the back of the plane (because they want to charge extra for seats up front). Both of these areas could easily be improved at times like this: Stagger boarding, back of plane to front. Wave seating fees and aim to have 1 person per row, or at least seats between them. C'mon Swoop, this is easy stuff.
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownMarch 2020

"stay away from this airline"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Swoop has displayed very poor business practices during this global crisis. I booked in March 2020 this year, before any case of the covid19. On March 20. I decided to cancel due to our civic duty to not engage in non-essential travel in order to help stop the spread of COVID19. We’ve been contacting Swoop, but it all ended up in a recording that they cannot attend to our call, then line cuts. Even the chat doesn’t help, message sent hasn’t answered. For the return flight, which is more than 7 days ahead, their new policy claim they give free to modify, but no, they still charging $100 per head for the change. This is the worst airline I have seen so far as the refund is concerned. My advice is to stay away from this airline.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownApril 2019

"Giving Swoop a thumbs up"

Not Verified | Mazatlan to Edmonton. Dear Swoop, thank you so much for all you did getting my parents home from Mexico during this time! You were amazing during this all and they had absolutely nothing bad to say about Swoop and actually said it was one of the best flights they have been on! Thanks again and hats off to you picking up the slack of WestJet and going above and beyond! Giving Swoop a thumbs up!
RouteMazatlan to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very poor business practices"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Swoop has displayed very poor business practices during this global crisis. We booked in last year, before any case of the covid19. On March 13, only learned 2 days before our flight Mar.15, we decided to cancel due to our civic duty to not engage in non-essential travel in order to help stop the spread of COVID19. We’ve been contacting Swoop, but it all ended up in a recording that they cannot attend to our call, then line cuts. Even the chat doesn’t help, message sent hasn’t answered. For the return flight, which is more than 7 days ahead, their new policy claim they give free to modify, but no, they still charging $100 per head for the change and also jack up the price so you have to pay for the huge difference. I am extremely disappointed that the airline is not willing to issue Swoop credits for flights within Canada. It is absolutely appalling that Swoop is not offering travel credits or re-booking options for its customers amidst the Coronavirus health crisis/pandemic. The government is telling us to cancel all travel so we basically do not have a choice but to cancel and Swoop is a shame to use this time to promote cheaper prices.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"we get no response to email and can't reach them on the phone"

Not Verified | Due to Covid19 virus and the risk in taking this vacation, we as a group decided to cancel. 3 hrs and 20 minutes waiting on the phone with Swoop Getaway the company we booked with. 2 payments were charged to my Mastercard, 1 was Expedia and the other was Swoop. The Rep for Swoop Getaways stated due to the "uncontrollable" acts the flights maybe be credited to Swoop credits or a full refund to the original form of payment. The Expedia charged was refunded in full, and the Swoop was refunded as "shell" after researching this means credit. As stated in Swoops website "Uncontrollable" a customer has the option of a credit or a full refund. Now we get no response to email and can't reach them on the phone. Please dont support a company that doesn't suppose their customers or follow their own policies. Also will not give WestJet a dime as they are the parent company of Swoop.
RouteEdmonton to Puerto Vallarta

"terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta. Have now been on hold for 2 hours with Swoop. Trying to cancel as per their email regarding Corona. Cant cancel online, cant get anyone online, cant get anyone via email, and have now wasted 2 hours on phone which Im sure will disconnect any minute. This is not the first time Swoop. You offer terrible customer service and Westjet your parent company should be ashamed of themselves.
RouteAbbotsford to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the worst airline out there"

Not Verified | Swoop has been nothing but insensitive and has displayed very poor business practices during this global crisis. My husband I were travelling to Edmonton with our two young children. When we decided to cancel due to our civic duty to not engage in non essential travel in order to help stop the spread of COVID19 swop was not there to answer a phone call. They wanted to charge us $15 to talk to a human, their online chat didn’t help and we could not access them via email. Swoop wanted to charge us $1200 to change our flights. Swoop is by far the worst airline out there. I’ve never flown with them and after this experience I never will furthermore I have told many never to fly with them and I have shared my experience with others. I am disgusted by swoop and I hope others tell their story because I know I am not the only one that is out hundreds of dollars due to their insensitivity and poor business practices.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton

"Stay far, far, away"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. Horrible, horrible, horrible Don't go, stay away. We booked in Feb, before all the covid19 lockdowns. Only learned 4 days before flight Mar.15, that we had to isolate. Have been trying to reach them but no response. When you phone, line goes dead after 1 ring. Out $1700.00 because we couldn't cancel or reschedule. Never once had an update. You can only change your reservation 7 days prior to flight. Gov. changed rules 6 days before flight. Swoop does not care about you. Stay far, far, away.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton