Swoop

"an excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. We had an excellent experience. The staff were very friendly and professional. The check in was a breeze. All of our luggage was handled properly and arrived as expected. We had a delay and we felt the staff handled it really well. They explained the reason for the delay and kept us updated. I would highly recommend swoop and I’ll be flying with them again.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I do not recommend Swoop"

Not Verified | I booked a flight that I needed to cancel. Because I could not find the information I needed to on the Swoop web page I contacted their customer service center by phone. I was on hold for over an hour and a half. I understood that I would not be able to get a full refund on my ticket, however, I believe I should have been able to have a refund or a credit with the $140 spent on baggage as they will no longer be on the flight or being handled. After talking with a number of people and having no help, I inquired about having one of my bags transferred to another traveler. This was also not able to happen. In short, I was very disappointed with my experience with Swoop and how they were not willing to work with their customer to come to a solution. I do not recommend Swoop at all. It may look like you will save money but in this experience I lost almost $300.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg

"staff very friendly"

Trip Verified | I flew out from Hamilton to Edmonton and back the next day. Both flights were on Swoop. I enjoyed both flights. The staff were very friendly and seemed happy to be on board. Will fly again.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"Absolutely nothing wrong"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Absolutely nothing wrong with my experience. Boarding was quick and take-off was as well. Smooth flying and landing. Used printed (at the airport) boarding passes on our way out of Abbotsford, then used my phone for my wife's and my boarding passes and had no issues when leaving Hamilton. Didn't pay for the in-flight entertainment, so I can't comment on that.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton

"Excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Orlando. Excellent experience with Swoop and Hamilton airport. So easy to park, no lines thru security, great waiting area, could use more vendors. Staff were all so friendly. Great play area for kids. Plane was like new, fun staff, left right in time. Very little choice to eat on board. Only negative Is that you clear US customs when u land, that was slow Would certainly fly Swoop and Hamilton.
RouteHamilton to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2018

"both of our flights were excellent"

Trip Verified | After booking our flights from Abbotsford to Edmonton and return I did a search online for Swoop. Well we were concerned about how our flight would be based on the reviews being mostly really negative. Well we are happy to say that both of our flights were excellent. Both were on time and we had excellent service from the staff at Abbotsford airport as well as Edmonton airport. We also had excellent service from every Swoop employee on both flights. The flight attendants were excellent. It is a shame that people will take the time to post negative comments online yet few will take the time to leave positive ones. It seems like many people sadly just take good service for granted. We have been dedicated WestJet customers for years and the only reason we are now using Swoop to go to Edmonton is that WestJet no longer flies to Edmonton direct from Abbotsford or vice versa. I think that many people are comparing Swoop to WestJet which also has amazing customer service. We need to realize that Swoop is new and if we think back to when WestJet first started up we will remember that WestJet had many issue when they first opened up. Look at how amazing WestJet turned out to be! Based on our two trips we are confident that Swoop will become as good as WestJet has and with time Swoop will work out some of the issues that are brought to their attention. Again from our two trips we have nothing but positive things to say about Swoop and their staff. Keep up the great work and please know there are many of us out here that think you are doing a great job and that we understand that with time you will even get better. People also need to keep in mind that there are somethings that no airline company has control of. Many of the negative comments on this site are about a flight out of Abbotsford that was delayed till the next day. People were upset that Swoop would not pay their 150 dollar hotel cost. They left out that the plane that was coming into Abbotsford from Edmonton was stuck by lightening and and was deemed to be unsafe to fly until a full inspection of the plane was done. Not putting in all the facts when doing a review is not right. Also we understand and feel for those that had to get hotels that missed their flights but to expect to have Swoop or any other airline pay for a 150 dollar a night hotel when the flight to Edmonton was 9 yes 9 dollars is unrealistic. 9 dollar to Edmonton and 26 dollars from Edmonton back to Abbotsord is unreal!
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Orlando. I really enjoyed the convenience of flying from my city (Hamilton) to Orlando. I typically fly out of Buffalo to Orlando. Both flights however were delayed by about an hour & there was never any indication that there would be a delay. I flew economy & it was fine for me, but a taller & larger person would definitely need to book a seat with more room. The crew was very courteous. Overall, flying with Swoop was a good experience & for a short trip like this, I will book with them again.
RouteHamilton to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2018

"expected decent customer service"

Trip Verified | I am all for the low budget airline, and on board with no perks (no drink or food on flights, paying more for more desirable seating, paying for carry-ons) but I still would have expected decent customer service. I waited on hold for over an hour to discuss an issue I had that wasn't resolvable online (otherwise a $15 fee to call and talk to a person). I was informed of a Modifly program that they now have (probably because it is a terrible policy to not let people change their flights without losing all of their $). When I explained to the service agent, that had I known about the program I would have happily booked 14 days in advance and paid the extra $10 because I knew booking that my flight might change last minute, but that Swoop being a new airline, and this being a very different service than is typically available with airlines, and it not being advertized at all, I didn't know it was even an option. The service agent was very short and rude and basically told me to go write a bad review because there was nothing I could do about it. I honestly expected much better from an airline that is associated with WestJet.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"definitely fly SWOOP again"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Hamilton. We flew Swoop both ways for our trip. Our trip to Hamilton Oct. 18th was 1/2 hour late leaving. The passenger count wasn't working for them but I think they realized a child over 2 wasn't sitting in their seat for this process. It was remedied and we were on our way! The price was excellent especially if you book your luggage at the SAME time as your flight. They tell you this while booking online. Snacks are available on board for a fee payable only with credit card. We didn't use this feature. Our trip home was great. Friendly staff both for check in and on the flight. For only $11 we chose seats with a little more leg room at time of booking. We will definitely fly SWOOP again!
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton

"No customer service"

Not Verified | Not Verified | Edmonton to Las Vegas. No customer service. Booked flight to Vegas April 2019. Checked charges on Credit Card. Charged for Insurance $89.00 I opted out of. Tried to reach by phone. 47 minutes. 11 minutes. 1 Hour. 30 minutes. Friday Nov 2. No answer. On hold the entire time. Still no answer. WestJet should be ashamed to attatch their name to this circus of unprofessionalism.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas