Swoop

"declined my credit card"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Hamilton. The airline’s website has declined my credit card (that I was checked with my bank was on and running and has been used the same day to make payments) to pay for my baggage not while checking in online as well as at the airport desk. I was told nothing has been done and I need to lose my bag as no other payment can be accepted. I had to ask a stranger at the airport to pay for me with his credit card as leaving my backpack in the foreign country was not an option. The flight has been over 2 hours delayed.
RouteCancun to Hamilton

"Overall super pleased"

Not Verified | We got an an amazing deal flying out of Las Vegas to Hamilton, Ontario. Dec 23- dec31st 2018. One of those too good to be true deals, so I was really worried it was going to be a terrible flight. Turns out I was wrong! Flight there and back were probably two of the smoothest and most pleasant flying experiences ever! And we have a 3 year old and I was 32 weeks pregnant. I suppose there is a bit of luck to any flying experience. But both flights were on time and we boarded really fast. On the way to Canada it was a very empty flight, so they let everyone rearrange themselves once initial boarding was done and most people got a row to themselves. This was great since it was a red eye. They loved my little girl and gave her all kinds of free food. On the way back we got into our seats and one seat had a ‘do not occupy’ sign on it. So once boarding was over they moved us and they ended up bumping us up to premium economy! We just brought a backpack each and checked one bag. If you pay for your check bag in advance it is cheaper. I believe if you check it at the airport it’s $70 and only $50 if you do it in advance online. Overall super pleased, would fly with them again.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I am none too impressed"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. I have to say I am none too impressed. The flight is cheap but the it all begins. 1 bag $45.20 then its another $45.20 for a carry on, then it $14.00/seat whether you want it or not. Extra after extra, all befor you get on the flight. By the time your done you could have booked with a normal airline for the same cost.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Las Vegas. The prices is misleading , first they dont allow any Cabin bags and the ticket price doesnt include any Carry on bag and they charge too much for it ($70 for round trip 23K bag) , also they assign a middle seat only and if I need to change it to aisle or window seat I have to pay ($50 round trip ) even they dont allow you to change your seat at the check in counter even they have availability on the plane. It is the worst customer service and I will never fly with it again.
RouteAbbotsford to Las Vegas

"I needed to cancel it"

Trip Verified | WestJet should be totally embarrassed about launching Swoop. I booked a flight and I needed to cancel it more than 24 hours before the flight time. I first tried to get hold of them and following the prompts I tried to sign in but apparently either my password or my email address was incorrect. After a couple of attempts I tried to reset my password. No reply. So I try again. I check my email again. No reply. I try a different email. I check my email again. Still no reply. So it's time to contact customer service. After about 20 minutes of trying to figure out their site and of course there's no email address and the phone number is not easily found. I see that they are not open at 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday. For the last couple of days I've been trying to contact them during business hours but of course they put me on hold for ridiculous periods of time. That seems to be their way of doing business. They take your money immediately no problem with that. Try to get some back and they just wear you down until you give up on it. They obviously don't want me as a customer so if they read this why don't you just give me some kind of a refund and I promise I will go away and never use you again. After all I tried Flair as well and they are very receptive even when I have a problem but it was more convenient for me to fly to Hamilton or so I thought. Big mistake using Swoop. Save yourself the frustration.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton

"excellent, courteous, helpful"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Hamilton. I am a resident of Ontario but working in Edmonton. I have flown with Swoop Airline 3 times now on October 5, December 7 and December 28 round trips from Edmonton to Hamilton, all flights departed on-time and landed on-time or little earlier. The cabin crews were excellent, courteous, helpful. The check-in was quick and done online, the staff at check-in counters and gates also very helpful and courteous, the Swoop Apps is very good to enjoy the entertainment on flight. The only negative point is the too much charging on the carry-on and checked baggage. The leg room in economy is okay and not very good. I will fly with Swoop for the domestic and US destinations and will recommend to the family and friends.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton

"What a joke"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Winnipeg. What a joke! Was supposed to leave around 9am, then delayed to noon and then to 4:35 pm. Loaded us around 4:50 pm and after about 20 minutes of being loaded they announce another delay because they are waiting for a replacement crew member because of rest time needed by the previous crew member. They had all day to figure this out and now at 5:38 pm, the replacement finally showed up. But they did offer us a small glass of water while we waited. People wanted to switch to empty seats while waiting and stewardesses said that they could not because they empty seats had extra leg room and that costs more. I finally heard an apology for the delay over the p.a. While she laughed that we will be leaving real shortly. Flair was scheduled to fly at 5pm (not delayed) and they boarded before us and will probably be there before we take off. 5:50pm finally closed plane door.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"never fly with them again!"

Trip Verified | We were flying from Abbotsford to Edmonton at 10 pm Thursday. Around 9:30pm we are told due to crosswinds plane can not land and has to go to Kelowna to refuel and will fly from there after refueling. Around midnight we are told our plane still hasn’t taken off from Kelowna and will let us know when it does. Around 12:30 am we are told our plane has finally taken off and we will be on our way in about an hour. Plane lands and we patiently await boarding our plane. Half hour into still waiting we finally hear that our flight has been rescheduled to tomorrow because the aircraft crew has worked their maximum hours for the day. There was so much anger amongst passengers. Everyone furious as to why we weren’t told of possibility of flight being cancelled when plane was in Kelowna. It could have saved hours of our time. It’s 2 am and We are told to go home and check email in morning for new flight time which ended up being 1pm and even that flight was delayed by another half hour. No one was reimbursed for any of the costs incurred due to ordeal(parking, cab fares, hotel costs...) I fly frequently on average of 10 x year for last 12 years and this was the worst experience I ever had. Major lack of communication and professionalism on how to handle the situation. Will never fly with them again! Will stick with Flair Air.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton

"Excellent low-cost airline"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford. Excellent low-cost airline, with everything expected. Flights on time, attendants courteous and professional, and business model saving me a lot of money. The allowance of the free person item is actually very generous.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownDecember 2018

"No courtesies were given"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Las Vegas. The plane was supposed to leave at 1:15pm ended up leaving after 7pm. We were only updated about the first delay after most people had arrived at the airport. The plane hit a coyote on the run way as it came in for a landing so that pushed the already delayed flight even further. No courtesies were given and updates were very rare. With the power out at the airport we were literally left in the dark.
RouteAbbotsford to Las Vegas