Swoop

"will never fly with Swoop again"

Trip Verified | Let me start by saying I will never fly with Swoop again. We took a family vacation to Jamaica in January and there were 5 of us coming and going and ALL of our 5 flights got changed from 3 hours to 7 hours and we received NO compensation whatsoever even though I submitted my claims. Absolutely unacceptable and I had to rebook on different airline and lost my money. I have never been so disgusted with an airline and will NEVER fly Swoop again. I attached an example of the change: On January 15 I was scheduled to head back to Toronto to work for 4 days and depart at 1:20 in the afternoon as I needed to be at work at 6:00 am the next morning and they changed my flight until 7:25pm by 6 HOURS and by the time I flew home and waited 90 minutes for my luggage and got home it was 3:00 in the morning and I had to be up at 4:45 for work. I was told I would not be reimbursed which is ridiculous. 4 other members of my family also had all the flights changed to late day flights as well. Most horrible experience!
RouteToronto to Montego Bay
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"when it comes to service, no one is responsive"

Trip Verified | Could say the worst flight I've ever been to. They pretend it's a cheap flight and you end up paying more than most airlines, they charge you for everything you could imagine they have disastrous quality. When we landed to Toronto airport from Cancun Mexico, our luggage was delayed for 1.5 hours for no reason. Around 200 tired passenger were waiting around the conveyer and not a single customer service member showed up to let us know what was going on. Staff in the airport even called for the customer service and no one showed up. They charge you to the last cent when receiving the money, but when it comes to service, no one is responsive.
RouteCancun to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"flight was absolutely amazing"

Trip Verified | Flew with Swoop from Abbotsford to Baja California, this flight was absolutely amazing. The flight attendants were cheerful and happy which made the flight great. There was snacks and drinks for purchase, the seats were comfy! Plane was on time and landed in Mexico 20 mins early! Luggage was all there! I highly recommend swoop. For all the negative talk and reviews on swoop from people, I did not experience anything negative about this airline. Everyone has their own opinion and Swoop was a wonderful airline!!
RouteLos Cabos to Abbotsford
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"would never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Honestly I would never fly with them again. They changed my flight twice by a day each time, as well as my return flight by 2 days. When I contacted them about this they were extremely unreasonable and gave boilerplate responses. Forget trying to get them on the phone, they charge for that.
AircraftBoeing 737-MAX8
RouteSt. John's to Hamilton
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I will never fly Swoop again"

Not Verified | Once I had my flight booked with Swoop, I started receiving multiple promotions daily to my email. After weeks of endless junk emails, they notified me that my flight had been changed and moved a full day ahead of the date I had booked. They notified me of this, via email, which was lost in the clutter of endless junk mail I had been receiving from them. No phone call or any other for of message was used, and they charged me full price to book another flight since I had missed the one they moved. On my flight back, they rescheduled my flight 3 days ahead of what I had scheduled, but this time I was ready because they already had robbed me once. By the time you pay for baggage, you hardly save any money versus the cost of a regular air line, especially when they charge you for a flight they rescheduled without notifying you properly. I will never fly Swoop again after my experience
RouteAbbotsford to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"never recommend flying with Swoop"

Not Verified | Terrible experience. 3 flights over the last 3 weeks gave been canceled outright. Reasons, such as 'unplanned maintenance' don't always warrant compensation, so you're left with few options. Our flight over the holidays was canceled, and then re-booked for 6 days later. En route to the airport (2.5 hour drive for us) the flight was canceled again. A single night in a hotel and $30 in airport vouchers did nothing to compensate for the 6 days stranded, and worse, missing Christmas with our families. The return flight was also canceled 1 hour prior to taking off, which meant that most customers were already through security. If you're fortunate enough to reach someone over their messenger system that isn't a robot, then prepare to have your excitement burst. They were entirely unhelpful. The price is competitive, which is a huge draw. But unless you're willing to compromise your schedule, plans, and ability to get to work, I would never recommend flying with Swoop.
RouteToronto to Victoria

"amazingly terrible experience"

Trip Verified | I’d like to personally thank Swoop for the amazingly terrible experience I’ve had on my trip. Get to the Cancun airport to return home and my digital boarding pass is not accepted at security so I had to wait in the check in line with every other passenger on this flight. The flight is delayed over 3h and they did give everyone a voucher for food which was useless because its not valid for Alcohol and all the restaurants at Cancun airport close between 9:30 and 10pm. Then get to the gate area and it just says departure at 00:18+? Originally planned to depart at 19:45. I have travelled a fair bit and never seen a plus next to the expected departure time. The staff were rude and considering it’s a discount airline a lot of stuff I could let slide but they treat you like herded cattle.
RouteCancun to Hamilton
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Customer service is the opposite of nice"

Trip Verified | We came to the airport two hours early, waited till around 4.30pm, which is when we were supposed to board. The plane just comes into the stand, and no one is seen deplaning. We got an announcement that we were delayed due to customs because our aircraft came from Mexico. At 5.40, we started boarding. Legroom is very tight. No space to squeeze in backpack and jacket. The Menu Prices are rip offs. $4 CAD for a water bottle? We departed at 6.05pm compared to 5pm (original), Bathrooms are tight, nothing much fun to do. Hard landings, but very nice cabin crew. Customer service on another hand, is the opposite of nice. Their Boeing 737 MAX'S don't even have USB Ports. Honestly crazy. The Legroom on the MAX 8 is way worse.
RouteHamilton (YHM) to Edmonton (YEG)

"a complete nightmare"

Not Verified | They don’t know what customer service is! My daughter flew to Halifax to see her friend and was so excited. They lost her suitcase! When she emailed them, they said they would deliver it to her friends house, which never did happen. The suitcase just sat at the Halifax airport. My daughter is 21 years old, and had crucial medication in her suitcase. For the five days that she was away, she only had the clothes on her back and had to arrange to get medication, which was very important and very difficult to replace. When you call the customer service line, no one answers. They then ask you to message them on Facebook. I tried that and it’s a computer talking to you. You can’t get an actual real life human being to discuss your issue. When the computer asked for the flight information, my daughters name and email address. It said there was nothing found to match the criteria , it turns out that her suitcase was in Halifax the whole time, and they didn’t bother to even attempt to deliver it to where she was staying. In fact, they didn’t even tell her that the suitcase was at the Halifax airport to give her the option to go pick it up. The whole thing is a complete nightmare, and I would highly recommend that no one ever use this airline. It’s absolutely disgusting.
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownDecember 2022

"so disheartened by this experience"

Not Verified | I flew in on Christmas day and paid extra for my bags and an additional fee for overweight luggage. First we were delayed over 4 hours! When I got to Kingston only 2 of my 5 bags arrived with no apology or explanation. 7 days later and still no luggage or response from Swoop. As I write this, my luggage is still lost (presumably in Toronto). The multiple numbers that I have called have been unresponsive as they are automated numbers. The customer service representative in Kingston is very nonchalant about the hundreds of bags left in Toronto (her words, not mine). Her attitude is disrespectful and she has no true understanding of customer service. I am so disheartened by this experience.
RouteToronto to Kingston