Swiss Intl Air Lines

"touched by this kind gesture"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Singapore. I would like to record my sincere thanks especially to 2 of your flight stewardesses. I was taken ill before flying. When I boarded the plane, I alerted one of the stewardesses that I might require help during the flight. She was kind and patient as she listened to me. She informed a senior crew member and they both took very good care of me during my flight. They made my 12-hour flight home bearable. They showed genuine concern and care towards me despite the flight being full. These 2 ladies went beyond the extra mile when they also ensured that I was alright while waiting for my luggage. I was touched by this kind gesture.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteZurich to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"very attentive cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London via Zurich. Check in was efficient, priority security was same, boarding was chaotic. First sector cabin crew were excellent. I had a throne seat in the small front business cabin which was excellent, apart from the recline controls being under my elbow causing accidental movements (putting the menu card over them resolves the problem). The seat has very good storage and was comfortable. Headphones were not noise cancelling (probably to differentiate First Class) and my Bose would not fit the socket. Second sector was fine, very attentive cabin crew. All on time.
AircraftBoeing 777 / CS100
RouteBangkok to London via Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"nothing special in terms of seat"

Trip Verified | London to Zurich with Swiss, connecting to Bangkok on Thai Airways. Check in man at LHR just tersely said computer won't check you in because you do not have a Thai visa (out 11th Dec back 12 Feb). I explained I would be in transit in Bangkok (6 hours) to Hanoi and would get a Thai transit visa on arrival. He would not accept that. I showed him my onward ticket with Vietnam Airlines, 6 hour layover. He grudgingly said he would have to go and speak to someone. After a while he came back grumbling. By then I had dug out my Vietnam visa. He would have to go and speak to someone again. He came back and grumpily said he could check me in. There was clearly an override button on the computer he just did not want to use it. No smile or apology for inconvenience. Flight to Zurich was ok but nothing special in terms of seat, breakfast or crew. ZRH to BKK was Thai Airways codeshare flight. Immigration in Bangkok and transfer was a breeze.
RouteLondon to Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2018

"delay in excess of 3 hours"

Trip Verified | Paris to Zurich in 2017. Last flight with a delay in excess of 3 hours. Swiss rejected all claims pursuant to applicable regulations, hoping client will drop the case. Once on board the Bombardier C Series seats are tightly fitted and poorly sprung. Personnel, on board and in terminal, do what they can with what they are given, but clearly sub-par versus past and competition, despite overall higher price for same leg.
RouteParis to Zurich
Date FlownNovember 2017

"one cannot expect more"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Berlin. This flight was taken as as the second leg of the SIN-ZRH-TXL flight operated by Swiss as a code share partner of Singapore Airlines. As with most European airlines, Business class seats within Europe are no different from that of economy, the only difference being that the centre seat is blocked. As it was a morning flight, a simple breakfast of muesli, cold cuts and cheese was served. The maître de cabine in charge of business class was pleasant and efficient. There was no inflight entertainment or wifi. For a flight of 80 minutes, one cannot expect more.
RouteZurich to Berlin
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"crew allowed chaos to ensue"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Zurich. Poor airline. Booked them because of their reputation. However all I was proceeded with was attitude from check in staff and airline crew that can’t manage the aircraft. This was the first part of a long haul trip. The check in counter was refusing to check me in as I didn’t have a visa to enter Vietnam. However, as I had a return date with the airline and under 15 days it’s not necessary for a UK resident to obtain a visa before arrival. After 20mins of tooing and froing, a member of customer care could see there was an isssue. And put this quite frankly nasty person in her place, she blamed it on the computer! The crew were poor, they allowed a cattle like boarding experience. No one had control, and I don’t care if your a business man or not! If you are in economy treat everyone with respect. The crew allowed chaos to ensue. Only saving grace was a free soft drink and croissant. I would not recommend.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"service in Zurich is good"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Zurich. Decent airline. Boarding was fast however the sandwich on the short haul wasn't delicious. Ground service in Zurich is good.
RouteBerlin to Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2018

"very friendly and attentive staff"

Trip Verified | I am a frequent flyer and fly around Europe using different airlines. My experience with Swiss is always one of the best ones. Since I have been flying with them years ago, they never gave me a chance to complain about anything. Decent aircrafts even though some of them are old ones, very friendly and attentive staff and really good service. My experience is mainly based on short haul flights within Europe. The only downside for some may be higher pricing, as they are slightly expensive than other airlines but then better service to compensate.
AircraftA321-200
RouteZurich to London Heathrow

"minuscule legroom"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Zurich. Horrific flight due to minuscule legroom. Must squeeze as much profit out of every inch of space, but Swiss have taken it too far Won’t fly with them again!
RouteLondon Heathrow to Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"booking seats is useless"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Zurich. Seems to be, that booking seats with Swiss is useless. Two flights, both flight I reserved 9th row, not sun side seat. First flight, Swiss change me to 9th row sunny side. the second flight they change me from row 9 to row 36.
RouteVienna to Zurich