Swiss Intl Air Lines

"Customer service is a mess"

Trip Verified | Boarding Passes never arrives on the mobile app, so you have to queue for a printed boarding pass. Customer service is a mess. Usually you'll be dropped out the waiting line 3-4 times before you can talk to someone. Waiting 30-60 minutes. They even cancelled one ticket because service hotline and other business lines do not communicate well. They reimbursed me only less than 100 CHF despite I have paid a lot more despite they have mad an error. Online Interface is a mess for booking and nearly no process are digitally. In short the worst airline since corona. I did 10-15 short haul flights. I'm sure they'll be bankrupt soon - again.
RouteZurich to London
Date FlownApril 2022

"business class was not worth the extra cost"

Trip Verified | All round awful experience. Booked business class due to the long 8 hour flight time. The business class was not worth the extra cost in terms of seat size or comfort. However worst of all is that this flight was the start of our honeymoon. Our first day of our honeymoon would coincide with my wife’s birthday and would be spent in Rome Italy. This Swiss flight was so badly managed that we were 90min delayed and we missed our connection from Zurich to Rome. Instead of spending a beautiful day in Rome, we had to divert through Frankfurt and only arrive at our accommodation in Rome by 4pm and half the day was gone. I will never fly with this airline again. To top it all off, their wifi service was advertised all over the cabin however there was zero wifi and no attempt to fix this. This meant we could not inform our hosts in Rome that our flight had been delayed and we were charged double for the two trips they had to make to the airport.
RouteSingapore to Zurich
Date FlownMay 2022

"This is absolutely unacceptable"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | When checking in at OR Tambo my wife was told by the check-in staff that she did not have a seat and that the plane was full. Of course she had a ticket, booked 3 months earlier through Flight Center. Then instead of offering her a choice, they made an once-off offer to compensate her financially but said that if she refuses the offer she will go on standby and if after being on standby there still is no seat availability she will be stranded in Johannesburg without any assistance from the airline. This is absolutely unacceptable. Needless to say, my wife was totally distraught and didn't know what to do. She messaged me and after at least 10 phone calls I managed to secure a seat for her on the plane.
RouteJohannesburg to Zurich
Date FlownApril 2022

"decided to move my business elsewhere"

Trip Verified | I am a former Philippine citizen and enjoy visa free privileges for up to a one-year stay in the Philippines (other Canadians only get 30 days visa free stay). Proof of ex Philippine citizenship, like a passport needs to be shown. Upon check-in, I was told I would need a visa for a stay of 2 months in the Philippines. I argued that I've done this trip many times before and enjoyed up to a 1 year visa-free stay. I pulled up immigration information from the web, published by the Philippine Embassy in Paris. I showed old passport stamps of Philippine arrival wherein my date of arrival (and maximum date allowed to stay) are clearly indicated on the stamp (like I said, 1 year visa-free). But the check in staff were not convinced. I had to rebook an earlier return within the 30 day limit. I was angry but I thought I would be able to resolve the issue later. Several times that morning, I was told to remove myself from the vicinity of the check-in counter to allow them to serve other passengers. I was the only Business Class passenger in the counter as far as I knew, all the rest were lining up in the economy queue. The station manager made me feel like a piece of dirt. Upon arrival in MNL, I was given the usual 1 year visa-free stay. I wrote Swiss Customer Service, described the whole debacle, scanned the passport arrival stamp with proof that I did not need a visa to stay up to a year, and asked them to reinstate my original return flight for June. Customer service agent for premium passengers just forwards my complaint to the NCE check in agents to once again stated that I was in the wrong (even with my 1 year visa free stamp on my passport). The customer service continued to say via email, that it was my responsibility to ensure I had the right visas and paperwork when travelling, and that Swiss was not liable for any lapses in my judgement. To call Swiss reservation lines, you are on hold for about an hour, and if you get through, one in two calls will be disconnected. Swiss has an excellent onboard product and I've flown them many times on business and lately for holidays to Asia (in business class). But this last experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth. After this last incident, I am decided to move my business elsewhere.
RouteNice to Manila via Zurich / Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2022

"good and friendly service"

Trip Verified | A smooth experience actually Helvetica for Swiss into Zurich, then mainline to Lisbon. Despite the inferior ”Euro” style business configuration, flights were good. Easy transfer (separate bus for biz class) and friendly efficient service on both flights. Decent snack into Zurich and good lunch into Lisbon. No complaints. On time, good and friendly service and luggage delivery efficient in Lisbon.
AircraftE95/A321
RouteFlorence to Lisbon via Zurich
Date FlownApril 2022

"they refused to refund it"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Manchester to San Francisco via Zurich and everything was good to go. I was in Norway, but got COVID there, even after recovery, was no longer allowed to enter the UK because I still tested positive. I called Swiss Air to switch my flight from Oslo to SFO since I paid extra to change my flights, and they happily did so for $65- no problem! Then I get a charge for $900, and I asked the rep why is there a $900 charge? He said I submitted a $900 bid to upgrade to business class, and I informed him I did not. He said I should email them to cancel it and it would be no problem. I emailed them to get that canceled, but it was chaos from then on. The airline said I was not allowed to receive a refund because I submitted that upgrade request, but I reminded them that I was the one to inform them they request was wrongly submitted and cancel that upgrade that I never submitted or received (I only received an economy seat) but they refused to refund it. Over the next two months, I had to argue with Swiss Air every day over the phone and email to cancel that $900 business class upgrade that I never submitted, but they refused to cancel and were continuously rude over it. I had to report them as fraud and my bank refunded me the $900.
RouteSan Francisco to Manchester via Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2021

"decent meal for such a short flight"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Boarding started on time however then some problems started as the vast majority of passengers were carrying a lot of oversized luggage into the plane, quite some hand luggage had to be removed and put with luggage. Unfortunately this caused a delay of some 25 minutes. Good service, decent meal for such a short flight and friendly crew, the captain even did his welcome in front of the passengers.
RouteZurich to Brussels
Date FlownMarch 2022

"one of the best in Europe"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Zurich. For such a short flight the service was very good - a cold breakfast with ample choice of drinks - including Champagne and of course some Swiss cheese. Only feeling sorry that in Zurich a lot of planes are not parked at a gate and transfers were done by coach - FA were very friendly. Swiss is still one of the best in Europe in business.
RouteBrussels to Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2022

"made my last flight on Swiss"

Not Verified | I have flown more than 25 segments with Swiss in a 12 month period, but I have had enough. I always select my seats in advance, for which I am being charged £ 30. I don't mind, because that gives me the opportunity to select the seat that I want. On at least 5 out of the 25 flights I was told either at the check-in or at the gate and once on the plane itself that my seat has been changed 'for operational' reasons, only to see somebody else seated in the seat that I have selected and paid for. I complained in writing that they should not charge me £30 for a seat that I did not select and not want and asked for a refund. Swiss refused a refund, although very clearly, I was paying for a service which they did not provide. I was assigned a seat by Swiss but I was being charged for 'selecting' a seat. I have had enough. I have made my last flight on Swiss.
RouteLondon to Zurich
Date FlownMay 2021

"two small pieces of cottage cheese as lunch"

Not Verified | Me and my wife boarded at Mumbai in business class. We had requested Asian Vegetarian meals. At lunch time, they gave us two small pieces of cottage cheese as lunch, nothing else. As I am a diabetic and need proper meals I asked for some bread and butter. Even that was not given. All these while other passengers were given meals. On complaining to the airline after reaching Zurich, they offered me 50$ as travel voucher to be redeemed in our next flight booked with them. It was meagre and insulting. I rejected the offer. They did not even offer to streamline their procedure, not even vague promise if being more careful in future.. Their seats sucks. Once in sleeping position, your legs from knee downwards gets fully locked under the front seat and you cannot move your legs even an inch.
RouteMumbai to Zurich