Swiss Intl Air Lines

"One of the best flights"

Trip Verified | One of the best flights I have had within Europe, despite coronavirus restrictions. The service, by a chap called Rici, was outstanding. The Champagne (Duval Leroy) was excellent. The meal was well-presented, although necessarily minimalist. The aircraft felt clean and new, though I checked and it's 2016. I usually reckon that it's not worth paying extra for business class within Europe, but this was money well spent.
RouteLondon to Geneva
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Avoid this airline"

Not Verified | Disastrous because one pays over 1000 euros for a flight (March) which is cancelled due to Covid19 and then they do not reimburse. They ignore! One would have thought one could trust a Swiss airline but no. We are at the end of August and they simply write "please be patient". Avoid this airline. At your peril and risk! We chose Swiss Air specifically because we thought they were reliable. This was a big mistake.
RouteBerlin to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Passengers not wearing the mask"

(Swaziland)

Not Verified | Passengers not wearing the mask or not covering their noses. I kindly asked the crew to remind passengers and they told me that I could personally remind them (flight number LX1254 - Zurich to Stockholm). I asked one passenger and he ignored me. I told the crew again and the two crew members on the flight just told him. I have evidence that they were at least near me 5 people covering only their mouths and the crew did not say anything. This is a pandemic and it is important to use masks in close spaces as in plane. The correct use of masks on planes is mandatory as well as to fasten your seat belt during take off and landing. The crew on this flight did not do their job.
RouteZurich to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2020

"offload 90 passenger bags"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever with Swiss International Airlines on a completely full A321. Captain decided pre-departure to offload 90 passenger bags incl. checked in hand luggage to reduce weight but he did not inform the passengers - neither pre-departure in Brindisi nor after arrival in Zurich. Passenger had to find out themselves at the baggage reclaim belt when there bags were not delivered. Inflight catering is almost gone as well due to cost cutting reasons. A horrible experience overall from a customer journey perspective.
RouteBrindisi to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2020

"impressed at the handling of this matter"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Due to the Covid-19 outbreak in March, Hong Kong government has made all passengers (residents and non-residents) from any foreign countries to succumb to a 14-day compulsory quarantine upon entry (in my case, return). For this reason, I had decided to cancel the trip. It was quite easy and pleasant to contact Swiss air in Hong Kong, they were very helpful and offered full refund of my business class ticket (bought directly on their website). It is understandable that most airlines will need quite a long time to process all their refund requests, as the pandemic situation is really one of the worst in recent years! my refund finally came in the beginning of July, which was reflected in my credit card statement. I am really quite impressed at the handling of this matter, and have confidence to fly with them in future when it's safe again to travel, likely from middle of 2021.
RouteHong Kong to Vienna via Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Would fly Swiss again anytime"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Connecting flight from Edelweiss to Swiss in ZRH. Brand new A220. I moved with my entire family to Spain so we had a ton of rather heavy carry-on baggage. The FA´s were super nice and tried hard to accommodate everything, Actually, I had to step in to push the stuff into the overhead bins to help the FA´s with that heavy stuff and told them just to check some of the bags. Then the Captain asked my kids to explore the cockpit like in the good old days of flying. We took some amazing photos of my kids in the captain seat. Needless to say how happy and proud we all were. Flight itself uneventful, but the kids got some gifts too from the crew. Nicest crew I've ever experienced. Would fly Swiss again anytime.
RouteZurich to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2019

"it was perfectly adequate"

Trip Verified | SWISS was pretty average, with a very comfortable but slightly dated cabin. The entertainment system was pretty limited, but the food was good and plentiful. I didn't really like the need for a ground stop at DAR given how out of the way it is, making for a short evening leg followed by a long overnight leg. Facilities at NBO are terrible and inadequate, with a chaotic boarding process. ZRH, on the other hand, is a very nice airport. SWISS wouldn't be my first choice, but it was perfectly adequate.
RouteNairobi to Zurich via Dar es Salaam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"all they refunded was the airport tax"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | I cancelled my 26 February Air Malta / SWISS flights to Geneva at the beginning of February. The airline policy says refunds will be given in 4-6 weeks. After months of trying to contact the customer support and getting nowhere I finally received an email 5 months later stating my refund is on its way, to my disappointment I was refunded less than a third of what the flights actually cost me, all they refunded was the airport tax. I tried getting in touch with the customer support once again and unsurprisingly could not get through to anyone. Swiss Air have terrible customer service I will never fly with them again.
RouteMalta to Geneva via Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Swiss are below any standard from my experience"

Trip Verified | My flight from ZRH to GWT was cancelled due to COVID19. Most horrible customer service ever. Impossible to reach any agent. Still waiting for an answer and refund after several months, whereas all other airlines have already refunded my cancelled trips. Swiss are below any standard from my experience.
RouteZurich to Sylt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"closed my other flights"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | After my first sector Cathay Dragon flight from DaNang to Hong Kong was cancelled, they apparently made a mistake and closed my other flights. As a result I couldn't take my flight from Hong Kong to Nice via Zürich, though it was confirmed on my side. I spent 4 hours on the phone at Hong Kong Airport with Expedia, with whom I booked the flight, and they were trying to understand why they had closed my flight. I had to fly the next day back home with Aeroflot since Expedia / Swiss didn't manage to figure out the problem in 4 hours on the phone.I wrote Swiss an email on March 10th to complain, but I haven't heard back from them after more than 3 months. I will never fly with that company ever gain.
RouteHong Kong to Nice via Zürich