Swiss Intl Air Lines

"narrow and cramped seats"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Zurich. Good service by friendly crew but ridiculously narrow and cramped seats. What a joke. Ordered a low-calorie meal: it was tasteless and the portion was crazy small for a 13-hour flight. On this route, SWISS is put to a huge shame by its code-share partner Singapore Airlines which offers a far better and much superior both product and service across all cabin classes.
RouteSingapore to Zurich

"I enjoyed the trip"

Not Verified | Zurich to Chicago. Luggage on time, Nice crew, flight attendants speak fluent French! Clean aircraft, Videos are almost brand new and sound is very high quality. Small portions for food including tea and coffee (half cup). Narrow seats. Zurich airport is very expensive, Starbucks black coffee costs about 8 dollars. Overall, I enjoyed the trip and it was one of the best airlines I would recommend it.
RouteZurich to Chicago
Date FlownDecember 2018

"seat is narrow and cramped"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Singapore. Friendly cabin crew, super clean aircraft. The seat is ridiculously narrow and cramped though: how are passengers supposed to have a comfortable flight & sleep on these seats remains a mystery to me. Shame on SWISS Economy. Food was OK but portions small. Good selection of drinks. Landed on time. Would fly again but not in Economy long-haul.
RouteZurich to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2018

"experience is five star"

Trip Verified | I have been travelling Swiss weekly since January and as I had two opportunities to fly with them from Zurich to New York and then return from Chicago in first class I thought I’d make the most of it. The experience is five star for a number of reasons. Check-in was smooth and the amazing first class lounge was just a five minute walk away. You go through security in the lounge. To get on board you are taken by a chauffeur to the gate. On-board I was in seat 1A and was immediately met by a very friendly and attentive purser offering champagne. The seat was clean and comfortable. Once we took off the service and menu was exquisite. A great choice of drinks, one of the best menus I have ever had, and then after that experience a mattress is placed into your seat, you get into the luxury pyjamas, and have a great nights sleep. Once you get off the plane you are the whisked through US immigration at JFK. Gate to luggage was 32 minutes. A record. Swiss is brilliant and the return flight was just as good.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteZurich to New York

"Superb, as always"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Zurich. Superb, as always. The service was impeccable, the meals delicious and elegantly delivered, the seat comfortable and the overall aura was calming and very Swiss. They never fail to impress and the combination of efficiency and service is unbeatable.
RouteSan Francisco to Zurich
Date FlownNovember 2018

"refused me access to the lounge"

Trip Verified | One of the main reasons to fly business class for me is to be able to work as continuously as possible. Lose less time at security and use the quiet lounge and internet access, in particular when the plane is delayed. Today Swiss refused me access to the Swiss business lounge because of construction. They gave me a voucher for a drink. I had planned to work at the airport while waiting for my plane and was stuck. They could not care less. They had the senator lounge open but would not let me access it. Swiss is not keeping up technologically and lives on its reputation of a once great company. But such a lack of consideration for its customers does not predict a great future.
RouteGeneva to New York

"difficult to deal with"

Trip Verified | Zürich to Amsterdam. Their staff is incredibly difficult to deal with and the ones I had the unfortunate pleasure to deal with were very rude. At check in I was told that I could have the bags that I had with me and that it would be no problem as I had a shoulder bag which was carry on size and a small backpack, once we arrived at the gate an employee pulled me aside and demanded I check my shoulder bag. I wouldn’t have had a problem with that request if I was told ahead of time and I could secure my bag with a lock but he just randomly selected me. When I said I would prefer not to check it because it was an expensive designer bag with no locks, he stated I had no choice and I could either check it or wouldn’t be allowed to board. I continually asked why this was the case and he would not give me an answer. The flight staff were okay though but ground personnel needs a lesson in customer service.
RouteZürich to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2018

"service on Swiss is top-notch"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Mumbai. Boarding was on time but Swiss should have done a better job of managing some customers who aren't given to respecting queues, even in the Business Class line. One fellow cut in in front of me and the Swiss agent saw him but did nothing. On-board Business Class service on Swiss is top-notch. The hard product is less than satisfactory. In particular, the flat-bed seat is nowhere close to the best in class. Overall a pleasant flight.
RouteZurich to Mumbai

"exceeded expectations"

Not Verified | Zurich to Newark. Fantastic, exceeded expectations. Food was great, flight crew attentive. Bumpy flight made better by flight crew. Nonstop food and snacks. Highly recommend.
RouteZurich to Newark
Date FlownOctober 2018

"try to avoid Swiss Boeing 777"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Miami to Zurich. This is my first time to fly with Swiss, and I flew with them because I was able to use my Star Alliance Miles. The flight was delayed by about 1 h and 30 min because of the late arrival of the incoming aircraft. The boarding was somewhat chaotic, but the passengers were mostly Germans, so it was self-organized and fast. The staff was attentive and the catering was OK for Economy, the IFE screens worked without problem, the flight was uneventful. The major concern is the space (lack of it). The aircraft configuration is 3x4x3 is really bad! You feel squeezed between the passengers, literally as a sardine in a can. I had a window seat, and this gave me a little bit of space. However, I would be considering flying with Swiss again, but I will try to avoid Swiss Boeing 777 in this configuration. This is simply unacceptable on a long-haul flights.
RouteMiami to Zurich