Swiss Intl Air Lines

"Constant delays or cancellations"

Trip Verified |   Swiss is the new German railway company. Constant delays or cancellations with lame excuses of heavy traffic, technical issues, online glitches etc. Of my last 20 flights with them, maybe 1 landed on time. This airline is starting to unravel badly. If you book and pay for a seat reservation in order for people to sit together, you get moved and split apart. They get away with everything with their now standard lame greeting of: „We apologize for the delay but hope that you enjoyed your flight with us“.
RouteZurich to Brindisi via Geneva
Date FlownJuly 2024

"surprising, and unbelievable"

Not Verified | The flight from Sofia was very delayed. We had less then 20 min for connecting. An airport guy with signs Chicago, LA, and Washington was waiting us at the gate, got us into a VIP van and drove us thru the security and to the other terminal and all 3 gates. We did catch our flights and got home on time. He told is midway that the luggage was transferred as well. Exceptional, surprising, and unbelievable. We are so grateful! Thank you Swiss Air and Zurich Airport!
RouteSofia to Chicago via Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2024

"My connection flight was missed"

Trip Verified | My connection flight was missed due to my previous flight had not enough fuel lo land at Zurich airport and we have to land in Basel. On arrival in Zurich in 9am they provide me a ticket to London to next day with connection. I went to connection desk, was waiting in queue for 3,5 hour. A men who worked at desk told me he can give me this day flight with connection. I told where is 2 direct flights ahead. He checked and told yes where is one sit , I asked him so why did you trying to give me with connection one ? He could not explain and after 20 seconds told this ticket gone. But it was showing me tickets for next direct flight With Swiss. He told this tickets not for free. How comes because of this airline I missed a flight and they can not provide me another ticket.
RouteZürich to London
Date FlownJune 2024

“have no respect for their customers”

Trip Verified | After 3 decades flying all over 60 countries around the world this is the first time I had to sleep in a bench BOTH legs at the airport after Swiss Air left us to our own devices following cancellations. Yes, that is right. I slept in a bench in AND out of my trip to and from Bangkok. Both times in Zúrich. I took a picture of the first bench in case you are curious: This is by far the worst experience flying in my entire career and will make sure never to fly Swiss or to use this airport: They have no respect for their customers and leave them with NO options after cancellation of their flights.
RouteGeneva to Bangkok via Zúrich

“changed my seat”

Trip Verified | I paid extra for an aisle seat towards the front of the plane and these people changed my seat all the way to the back despite my paying extra. The same thing happened to my friend on the same flight.
RouteZurich, Switzerland to Lisbon, Portugal
Date FlownJune 2024

"like to congratulate the team"

Trip Verified | Naples to Zurich on June 27th. I would like to congratulate the team on this flight who went out of their way to help a young lady travelling with a new born alone. I mentioned to one member of the staff (Toms) that it would be very comfortable for her to sit in one of the empty business class seats. They agreed and helped her to a new seat with space for her baby and then proceeded without hesitation to serve her food and drinks and great service. This is what good service and the use of discretion is all about. Well done Swissair.
RouteNaples to Zurich
Date FlownJune 2024

"upgrade was only for the second leg"

Not Verified | During my online check-in, I selected an upgrade for a two leg flight. I got the new boarding pass immediately, only to see that the upgrade was only for the second leg of the flight which was 1 hour - as opposed to the whole travel (the first leg was 8 hrs). I am thinking why even bother offering an upgrade for the 1hr portion and why was it almost invisible to see that this upgrade was only for a tenth of the journey? I called customer service right away - I ended up talking to three different people that gave me the run around, including one hanging up on me. I decided to wait till I got to the airport, the next day, to get a proper response. The next day on check-in, I talk to the manager who makes a call and assures me that the refund would happen in 8-10 business days, my flight was May 17. He tells me what to say on boarding the second leg of the flight etc, assuring me things are on the system. June 10 I decide to call in again to follow-up on the refund as it still hadn't gone through. This time the CSR tells me right away that the request to process it just went to the refund department that day and I need to wait 8-10 business days. Despite it being well over the said wait time, I decide it's OK, I'll wait. Two weeks later, I find myself calling their CS again - only to be told this time that there is no refund on my file and they cannot help me. There is no other number to call - only a form online, which I already filled. I noticed everytime I called in to the CS, all their reps consistently had the following, an attitude, and wouldn't let you finish your sentence. Very unprofessional for a company like SWISS. At this point I am frustrated because how can so many different SWISS airline employees give me different stories. So I take this query to social media. Now I am told that there is no indication of what I speak and they will open an investigation and will get in touch with me. There's no complaint code, time frame, contact or number to follow-up. So just like the last two times, I am a sitting duck and will have to likely start this process ALL over again. It is appalling how backward their service is - including their online marketing which has brought me to this stage. How can you dupe customers into spending money, then provide customer service that just placates you on a false narrative? I was on the 1 hour flight looking at the so called upgrade - it was the first row of seats and had the tiniest curtain that just covered the head area, and they got water between the time they boarded and got off. Highway robbery. Not worth the money and the experience they offer ain't worth the effort.
RouteToronto to Florence via Zurich
Date FlownMay 2024

“the most disappointing company”

Trip Verified | The flights back home from our holiday got cancelled and with no alternative to come back home that day. We had to book a different airline. They said the flight can't be reimbursed until 7 days later. We are 2 months later and I have tried every week to contact them via phone and website with no luck. They are saying that the ticked is expired and my 1000 euro is lost. This is the most disappointing company I have ever dealt with. they do not care for helping the customer. they are sending you to the online form and nobody gets back to you ever. Never using again Swiss airlines. They stole our money.
RouteDublin to Thessaloniki via Zurich
Date FlownMay 2024

"asked again about the refund"

(Austria)

Not Verified | 1 month prior to flight date my flight was cancelled by the airline. I asked for rebooking with Turkish Airlines but Swiss disagreed. Thus I had to book with another airline and pay the ticket by myself (of course more expensive, since "last minute"). I asked for refund of my original ticket price (paid in July 2023) on March 16, 2024. Today, June 18, 2024 haven´t got nothing. In May Swiss told me they received my application for refund on March 16, and they´re gonna refund within 7-14 days. Yesterday I asked again about the refund. They told me they haven´t received an application for a refund yet.
RouteVienna to Antalya via Zurich
Date FlownApril 2024

"compensation request was denied"

Trip Verified | I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with my recent experience on a Swiss flight. A delay of the first leg caused me to miss my connection, resulting in my arrival at my final destination 5 hours later than planned. I applied for EU/261 compensation due to the delay as the captain had informed us that the delay was caused by a technical issue requiring the assistance of a technician. However, my compensation request was denied, with the explanation that the delay was due to "air traffic management for air traffic control." This contradictory information suggests that the airline is misrepresenting the cause of the delay to avoid paying compensation. It is regrettable that an airline of Swiss's stature has failed to uphold its responsibilities, misled its customers, and doesn’t respect international aviation laws. I am extremely disappointed with the service and conduct of Swiss.
RouteSingapore to Zurich