Swiss Intl Air Lines

"offered so much less2

Not Verified | Singapore to Heathrow. They seem to be partnered with Singapore Airlines. The cabin staff of Singapore were so much better, in terms of overall service. Swissair cabin staff offered so much less in terms of customer service.
RouteSingapore to Heathrow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lose your time and money"

Not Verified | Zurich to Kyiv. Awful support! Regarding the coronavirus, I changed my trip and back home because the government of my country closed the borders! I was trying to contact to Swiss ar support team for 5 days via email, phone, Facebook, and they didn't answer! Thank you so much for understanding and support! (sarcasm) If you choose Swiss and something unpredictable happens just be ready to lose your time and money!
RouteZurich to Kyiv
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Swiss is still a top airline"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussel to Saint-Petersburg via Zurich. Wonderful as 10 years ago. Swiss is still a top airline. Read some negative reviews about them and did not know what to expect since have not flown with them for 10 years or so. Very clean and new fleet! Polite and friendly flight attendants! Easy connection at Zurich. On time arrivals and departure. No doubt, I will fly them again if happens.
AircraftA220-100
RouteBrussel to Saint-Petersburg via Zurich

"impeccable service offered"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Kiev. Having flew on its long-haul aircraft and particularly impressed with the product offered, I had high expectations with the short haul product as well. My experience was mixed. The flight was on-time, service with a smile and excellent food served. Majorly disappointing was the seat comfort, being six feet tall, I didn't have any space for comfort, made more uncomfortable when the seat reclines and shoulder / neck support is inadequate. Even though the aircraft was new, there were scratches in the overhead bins and didn't close properly. However, none can fault the impeccable service offered by Swiss.
AircraftA220-100
RouteZurich to Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"fails to offer good customer service"

Trip Verified | Geneva to London. Flight re-routed to Zurich because of a technical issue. The aircraft was a Bombardier C-Series (now A220) - the airline bought this unreliable aircraft with a hope to save money, but now ends up cancelling and diverting numerous flights at the expense of customers. Re-booking process was stressful, with 4 agents attending to 100+ customers. We were asked to run through the airport to get our replacement flight (and were told we'd otherwise miss it). Luggage was subsequently misplaced for 10+ customers, with no communication from the airline. Overall SWISS fails to offer good customer service, because of a quasi-absence of ground staff and cold service across the board. GVA airport facilities were also sub-par but this applies to all airlines.
RouteGeneva to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not a baby and family friendly airline"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Tokyo Narita via Zurich. If traveling with families and infant please avoid this airline. They charge parents if they want to book basinet for the baby, and in some other cases gives priority to sell those seats for a fee (for the extra legroom rather than infant comfort). The flight was late going out of LHR, while the help of Heathrow staff was good, there was no help in Zurich. We had a baby stroller and it wasn't delivered back at the aircraft gate, then there was nobody to ask for help, with little time for the connection because of the previous lateness we rushed with the baby on hands thru the airport. In Zurich for our next flight was already boarding and there was no help for families with children. The stroller failed again to be delivered at the gate in Tokyo-Narita, we had to carry baby on our hands thru whole airport again, finally stroller was delivered in the baggage belt. Confusion was evident with staff about baby car seat approved for aircraft use, while the flight attendant in London to Zurich approach was correct and we clarify, attendants in flight from Zurich to Narita was rude and was asking us to remove the seat where my baby is most secure because front passenger cannot recline, finally manager clarify and let us carry with the use of the baby seat. Swiss is not a baby and family friendly airline. For the aircraft, while the A321 was fairly new and nice maintened, the 777 was a bit old but clean.
AircraftA321 and Boeing 777-300
RouteLondon Heathrow to Tokyo Narita via Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"one of the two suitcases was damaged"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Vienna. I was coming with a short connection flight with SWISS, and everything went smooth with the layover procedure within the terminal. I boarded in the plane and I was sitting in a middle seat, but this is what swiss provided me during check in as it was a rescheduled flight. Everything seemed to be working smooth and going well and after being already 9h on the way due to LH delays and strikes, I was very happy by sitting in the plane back home. We made a very long push back and very slow, until we arrived at the departure track but the captain gave the command to release the crew, it was unclear and there was no loud speaking announcement so I thought I would have just misunderstood, but unfortunately it was not like this, but after a small 45 min delay and some issues solved by the ground staff, we tried to departure again with no success, while they were trying no success. The captain went back again and the Maitre of cabine made the announcing that we would have been stuck for more time. I went to her and explained my situation and asked for internet to say to who was waiting for me that I was not coming to the meeting, and she and her colleague gave me some private internet of their phone, and something to drink. She started making all the possible arrangements that she could, and the crew started to help until we were not told to leave the aircraft as the flight was officially cancelled. I was rescheduled on the flight later with 2h more of layover in Zürich, were the airline didn´t offer any type of help by giving any dinner voucher or whatever it could have been helpful for our comfort. The flight to Vienna at 09.20pm was very crowded but very quiet. At my arrival at the airport they lost my suitcases and I had to stay there to make the lost luggage declaration which brought me to miss the last train to the city and forced me to use the taxi which was very expensive. The procedure for retrieving my suitcase was very difficult as I had to pass through three offices and none of them was seeming to have a clue how to help me, after two days it arrived and one of the two suitcases was damaged, a nightmare ! It took me two or three weeks to get the refund for my damaged suitcase. Overall, I would still recommend the airline just for the cabin crew on my first Vienna bound flight as they were professional, otherwise I would not fly with them anymore.
AircraftA321-200
RouteZurich to Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not matching with my expectation"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Venice to Zurich in November 2019, the flight was fully booked and it was literally a mess from the beginning we wanted to enter the airplane, I was sitting in the last row and we had a 20 minutes delay, which caused me a bad feeling as I has just 40 minutes layover in Zürich. On board they usually serve you even for just a 1h flight a little snack and their signature chocolate, as I was on the last row, I could not enjoy anything than water or coca cola zero, the only two things had still for the last row passengers in the plane. They should have made sure we would have had enough drinks, it´s a small and silly detail . The crew in self as usual with swiss is always very polite, á la old school, which is great and always with a smile on their face. Overall the flight was not matching with my expectation.
AircraftA320-200
RouteVenice to Zurich
Date FlownNovember 2019

"must pay to change my return ticket"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok via Zurich. Boarded A320, no Business Class Cabin, only three abreast Economy seats. No entertainment screens. Dep almost 1 hr late, arrival Zurich with ten minutes to spare for the Bangkok leg. Only caught the flight because it was delayed. Leg to Bangkok in Boeing 777. Business class with very poor and uncomfortable seat, not enough cabin staff to cater. Five days later in Thailand, suffered a medical emergency, Hotel contacts Swiss re changing return flight to next day. Told plenty of seats available for both return legs. Told I must pay up front £1145 to change my return ticket. Paid it and got to Bangkok airport on time. Cabin crew chief made aware. Given pain killer en-route. Final leg from Zurich to London, same with no Business Class for me.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not able to take my carry-on"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Venice. The flight was fully booked and therefore I was not able to take my carry-on suitcase. I was disappointed by that, but the staff gave me the priority on the suitcase, so I had to wait less, very nice and thoughtful gesture. The flight was very short, and the cabin of maître was impeccable, LX1660 on the 29.05.2019, literally one of the most professional gentlemen on board I´ve seen. I found it a bit disappointing that they have just offered a little chocolate and drink while flying 1h, but the crew was very good!
AircraftA319-100