Swiss Intl Air Lines

"Outstanding service"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Zurich. My first flight with Swiss was definitely a surprise. Outstanding service both before and during the flight (apart from the long queue at the bag drop desks shared with Lufthansa). The plane was new and with a very pleasant interior (IFE was quite good as well, bathrooms were super clean and with amenities, you don't usually find in economy class). The crew was warm and definitely went the extra mile in making us feel welcome on board. Food was filling and well balanced (drinks served in proper bottles and cans) and the galley was full of high-quality snacks for the whole length of the flight. Definitely, an airline to recommend and, in my humble opinion, that should get more credit.
RouteSao Paulo to Zurich
Date FlownMay 2019

"I was expecting a hot meal"

Trip Verified | London to Geneva. Flying in business class I was expecting a hot meal, which used to be very nice on Swiss flights. Unfortunately they have stopped it and now business class passengers can get a sandwich or anything else from the menu that is presented for charge to economy passengers. This is a disgrace for a full service airline charging for its supposedly premium service. Unfortunately I will fly with them again as they normally are cheaper then BA on LHR GVA route, but they can forget me in the business class.
AircraftA220-300
RouteLondon to Geneva
Date FlownJune 2019

"Never again Swiss"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Brussels, worst nightmare ever. Flight LX788 cancelled. No information why. Had to rebook with 400 other passengers. 2 desks open. No movement for multiple hours. Rebooked to 1 day later at 21.00. Where to stay? No information. Rented a car and drove back home. Luggage still lost. Never again Swiss.
RouteZurich to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2019

"second meal was mind boggling"

Trip Verified | Geneva to Singapore via Zurich. As this was a long haul flight to Singapore from Zurich, two meals were served. Though the food for the first meal was tolerable, the second one was mind boggling to say the least. I expected some level of quality even from the economy segment. When the complete set for breakfast was served, I checked the menu that was handed out to see if what was served was exactly what was printed. On my tray were a sealed container containing an omelette, a bread roll and sealed utensils. No food tray. The breakfast menu stated: Omelette with mushrooms + etc, bread roll, butter, jam, yoghurt and seasonal fruit salad. As to how it was served made me chuckle, and at the end, was in disbelief. They did not ask if I wanted a drink. She walked off and another stewardess dropped a sealed set of utensils. At that point I figured it was time to eat (?) - but lo and behold, a steward followed suit handing bread rolls to everyone and it was just dumped on top of my food container. I took a photo of both the menu and the breakfast set, and compared this to the breakfast that Singapore Airlines provide for long haul flights. Service with a smile was non-existent on my Swiss flight. . More power to you and unfortunately for me and my family, we have pre-booked several flights with Swiss Air. Shame.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteGeneva to Singapore via Zurich
Date FlownApril 2019

"counter in Zurich was rude"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Singapore. The lady at the bag drop off counter in Zurich was rude. I went over to drop off my bag and she just stares at me until I asked "Do you need my boarding pass" and she simply nodded and rolled her eyes. After she was done, she just handed over the boarding pass without saying a single word. So rude. I have never met airline or airport staff this rude before. So unexpected of Swiss.
RouteZurich to Singapore

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Seville via Munich. Terrible experience with Swiss. On my initial flight booking the last leg was cancelled and Swiss did not automatically rebook me. I noticed this by coincidence in my profile. I then called them to rebook the missing segment which they did. However the just rebooked the segment but forgot to reissue the ticket which after several days resulted in an automatic cancellation by their system. When I wanted to check in on day before departure a message popped up saying that the booking had been cancelled. When I called Swiss again the initial flight had meanwhile been sold out and I spent two hours on the phone with them until an early morning alternative was found which was not convenient for me at all but which I had to accept due to lack of alternatives. It did not stop here however. After two hours it turned out that the ticket had again not been re-issued and I had to call them again at 2 a.m. in the morning. Worst experience ever with an airline.
RouteZurich to Seville via Munich
Date FlownMay 2019

"I had eagerly anticipated this flight"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Zurich. I had eagerly anticipated this flight with Swiss because of their reputation. The mechanics of the flight went well. Check-in was quick and efficient, we departed and arrived punctually, and the plane was clean and neat. But Swiss uniquely uses a 1-2-2, 2-2-1 configuration. Seat Guru colors the first row of business class as green, but I don't see why. The so-called throne seats are certainly superior, but I didn't think they would be worth the premium that Swiss charges to select one. I was wrong. Yes, Swiss charges business class passengers to select seats. The paired seats at the windows are narrow, not particularly comfortable, and lacking in room to place your electronics without them falling on the floor or between the seats. Swiss also charges business class passengers to use WiFi. I would expect this on Spirit or Southwest, but not long haul on a 4 star airline. And then there was the meal. I chose the beef cheek, which came in a very tasty sauce, but two thirds of the meat was fat and gristle. In sum, this flight was a disappointment. I was considerably happier with seats, food, and service on my China Eastern domestic flight. Go figure.
RouteBangkok to Zurich
Date FlownMay 2019

"did not start in a relaxed way"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Bangkok via Zurich. Pay special attention when you book a flight with Swiss where you have to make a transfer in Zurich. Swiss offers a ticket for Amsterdam to Bangkok with a connection time of 1 hour and 25 minutes, which they cannot live up to practically. This company is always at least 1 hour late, whereby the race to the gate is blown. Before my trip I followed the flight lx729 (ams to Zurich) for two weeks and was delayed 1 hour to 2 hours every day and coincidentally the day I flew also longer than 1 hour delay. Although the connecting flight had waited, I still made it. Furthermore, the food, the plane and the service is good. But because of the stress of whether I would make the connecting flight or not, my trip did not start in a relaxed way, so I will no longer take a flight with transfer less than 2 hours with Swiss. Let goed op wanneer je een vlucht boekt met Swiss air waarbij je een overstap moet maken in Zürich. Swiss air bied een ticket aan voor Amsterdam naar Bangkok met een connectie tijd van 1 uur en 25min, wat zij praktisch gezien niet kunnen waarmaken. Deze maatschappij is altijd minimaal 1uur te laat waarbij het rennen naar de gate is geblazen. Ik heb voor mijn reis twee weken lang de vlucht lx729(ams naar Zürich) gevolgd en had elke dag 1 uur tot 2uur vertraging en toevallig de dag dat ik vloog ook langer dan 1uur vertraging. Hoewel de aansluitende vlucht wel had gewacht heb ik deze toch gehaald. Verder is het eten, het vliegtuig en de service goed. Maar door de stress of ik de aansluitende vlucht zou halen of niet begon mijn trip niet bepaald relax, waardoor ik een vlucht met overstap korter dan 2uur met Swiss air niet meer zal nemen.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok via Zurich
Date FlownMay 2019

"seat is extremely narrow"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Zurich. Nice legroom for emergency exit row 23, but the seat is extremely narrow even for a slim Asian man. Food is terrible and cabin crew didn't give me a smile.
RouteHong Kong to Zurich
Date FlownMay 2019

"cancelled on the return trip"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Rome. Flight was delayed both times and even was cancelled on the return trip due to "unexpected flight safety shortcomings" which is maybe a way of saying we don't have enough passengers on that flight to make it profitable and thus decided to cancel that flight and move passengers to the next flight! They didn't even bother to inform me that the flight was cancelled up front and I had to find out when trying to check in.
AircraftA320/A321