Swiss Intl Air Lines

"I am very disappointed"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | It is been more than 1 year since my flight got cancelled and I am still waiting for the company to process my refund. 1 year is more than enough time to manage it. I am very disappointed.
RouteBarcelona to Sydney via Zurich, Singapore
Date FlownMay 2020

"responsibility to make sure all documents are valid"

Trip Verified | New York to Istanbul with SWISS and connecting to Pegasus Airlines to Istanbul. I prepared all documents needed to travel prior my flight and when checking in NY JFK I was told that all documents are correct (pcr test) and the dates were valid, as soon as I get to Zurich to catch the Pegasus Airlines flight to Istanbul I am surprised by the agent notifying me and my friend traveling with me that our PCR tests dates are invalid and that we will miss the original booked flight and unfortunately we did miss the flight and were told we have an option to be booked back to NY which was totally unprofessional and unacceptable. So in order for us to resolve our situation on our own with absolutely horrible assistance from Swiss to find a reasonable solution we had to pay $165 each for a PCR test done in Zurich which results arrive after 5 hours and we had to book separate tickets to Istanbul $400 by Turkish airlines which happened to be the only flight available that day in order for us to arrive on time for our booked medical operation in Istanbul. So overall the worst experience for me in an airline and unreasonable judgment from Swiss airlines for PCR testing dates which is impossible to get prior the flight, note in US testing centers have a 2-3 business day time frame to get results and our flight was on Sunday (Saturday &sunday are weekends). I contacted the customer service and asked them that we would like as a courtesy for this experience to get a reimbursement for the additional expenses, and their response was it’s the traveler responsibility to make sure all documents are valid, even though they let us travel from JFK to Zurich and they have the final destination and could have told us that our PCR won’t be valid when i get to zurich. MY ADVICE don’t ever travel with this cheap airline. Thank you
RouteNew York to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Atrocious customer service"

Trip Verified | Atrocious customer service. Cancelled my flight booked for 29 May 2021, now lying about refunding. No point cancelling flight if you don’t then want to refund people back when you fail to provide the service.
RouteBirmingham to Palma via Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Service was outstanding"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Plane was quiet and as such I managed to peg a "throne" seat without having to pay extra to book it in advance, there was one still available at check in. The seat does afford extra privacy but the whole cabin was nice. Service was outstanding, all the staff clearly wanted us all to have a good experience. I found the amenity kit excellent because I liked the little Victorinox tin that the products were presented in. Food was delicious. got a good sleep on the trip over Atlantic, I have read some people suggesting the bed is firm, I thought it was great. I cannot think of a Business Class experience I liked more than this... I highly recommend Swiss Intl Airlines and am looking forward to my flight to Tokyo in July!
RouteSao Paulo to Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"huge price differences"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I have booked the trip in July 2020. However the flights were cancelled due to lockdown and I was provided with option to re-book the flight ticket within Jan 2021. I decided to book it now and I have tried to contact them online and they used to reply only after 12 hours with huge price differences. So I called them to re-book. I was told that it would cost 1600 DKK extra. (Which is 50% extra to my previous payment). I checked their website and the same dates and the prices listed in the website are less than the price I have paid already. I asked them why they are charging extra than the price listed for the dates in their own website. They have me 3 different answers in 2 minutes time. First they told me that I have booked in tariff S last time so I have to re-book in the same tariff even though there are cheaper tariffs available. I was stunned with that answer. Then she recalculated it and told that their "goodwill" rebook policy allowed her to charge me the lowest tariff available and I need to pay only 1200 DKK. I said they charge me whatever they want just because I didn't have other option so they are scamming me. She got furious and told me to go with cancellation and book again in the website instead. She knew that I can't do that so she literally blackmailed me. At last I was forced to pay 1000 DKK extra just for rebooking in total which cost way more than the live price in their own website.
RouteCopenhagen to Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I felt insulted and cheated"

Trip Verified | Due to Covid, I had to change my may-2020 flight. In a call with customer service before my flight, i was guaranteed a no change fees and a 50EUR discount arrangement if booked again before 31 Dec 2020. Fast forward today, customer service denies this past arrangement and wants to charge me more for the same flight in May 2021, while the price on their website is clearly lower than what I paid. When requesting an explanation or a commercial gesture, given the price gap, I got hanged up. I felt insulted and cheated. And will try to avoid swiss as much as possible from now on. Even EasyJet's service line was friendlier and more helpful, I couldn't believe it.
RouteNice to Zürich
Date FlownMay 2020

"they charged me $240 CAD in "customer call" fees"

Trip Verified | Swiss Air cancelled my return flight on two occasions due to the Covid19 pandemic (understandable). I had to call twice to re-book a return flight since everything they would suggest by default required to spend a night in another city, dangerously increasing COVID19 exposure and incurring additional fees with added transportation, hotel stay, food, etc. What is outrageous, is that to rebook another return flight (on two occasions, of course), they charged me $240 CAD in "customer call" fees. So in addition to cancelling my flight twice and having to waste hours on the phone to find a solution, I have to pay an absurdly large amount of money to fix the difficult situation they put me in. Just to clarify, these are not re-booking fees. They are strictly phone call fees. Please keep that in mind next time you're considering traveling with Swiss Intl Airlines.
RouteMontréal to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2020

"One of the best flights"

Trip Verified | One of the best flights I have had within Europe, despite coronavirus restrictions. The service, by a chap called Rici, was outstanding. The Champagne (Duval Leroy) was excellent. The meal was well-presented, although necessarily minimalist. The aircraft felt clean and new, though I checked and it's 2016. I usually reckon that it's not worth paying extra for business class within Europe, but this was money well spent.
RouteLondon to Geneva
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Avoid this airline"

Not Verified | Disastrous because one pays over 1000 euros for a flight (March) which is cancelled due to Covid19 and then they do not reimburse. They ignore! One would have thought one could trust a Swiss airline but no. We are at the end of August and they simply write "please be patient". Avoid this airline. At your peril and risk! We chose Swiss Air specifically because we thought they were reliable. This was a big mistake.
RouteBerlin to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Passengers not wearing the mask"

(Swaziland)

Not Verified | Passengers not wearing the mask or not covering their noses. I kindly asked the crew to remind passengers and they told me that I could personally remind them (flight number LX1254 - Zurich to Stockholm). I asked one passenger and he ignored me. I told the crew again and the two crew members on the flight just told him. I have evidence that they were at least near me 5 people covering only their mouths and the crew did not say anything. This is a pandemic and it is important to use masks in close spaces as in plane. The correct use of masks on planes is mandatory as well as to fasten your seat belt during take off and landing. The crew on this flight did not do their job.
RouteZurich to Stockholm