Swiss Intl Air Lines

"they denied us boarding"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Paris via Zurich. SWISS abandoned passengers at transit. Flight was late leaving Cairo to take more passengers from another destination. The connection was a short 55 mins. On landing 35 mins late we were told to "hurry". We ran. Arrived to gate with staff still there. But they denied us boarding plane is now closing. Zero customer care from flight and ground staff.
RouteCairo to Paris via Zurich
Date FlownOctober 2019

"One of the best short-haul experiences"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | One of the best short-haul experiences in European economy class. Flew from Gdansk (GDN) to Barcelona (BCN) via Zurich (ZRH). Aircrafts clean and well-maintained. Rich and free service onboard including sweet snacks, Swiss chocolate, beverages (also wine, beer). I appreciate that most of products are local from Switzerland, staff were generally decent, but some FA's could be a bit more smiling and attentive (for example no greeting at plane entrance on one of legs). The hub in Zurich-Kloten (ZRH) is a bit cramped and worn out. Boarding process in ZRH could be more efficient.
AircraftE190/A321
RouteGdansk to Barcelona via Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"on board service excellent"

Not Verified | I fly Swiss every year, but always pay extra for a forward cabin seat. $50. Miami - Zurich - Budapest- Chicago. The flights are always punctual, and the on board service excellent. The food, pedestrian. Chicken or pasta. I stop at the airport deli in Zurich and buy Spanish ham and a nice cheese. I don't like the small seat back entertainment screen. All airline service is deteriorating and Swiss is a better choice.
RouteMiami to Budapest via Zurich
Date FlownMay 2019

"had the best flight"

Not Verified | My wife and I, for years, only fly First class of two different Airlines: Emirates and Korean Air - we love both of them, but now, SWISS had very special fares for flights from London and why not? We wanted to try their First class, (for the first time), and we were so impressed with their service, that I have to be writing this review. In any case, here I am to tell everybody how good SWISS service was at the Airport and in flight. We had the best flight of our lives on September 3, 2019. The flight attendant was extraordinary at taking care of us and everyone was extremely nice and professional.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBeijing to Zurich

"food is unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Athens to Düsseldorf via Zürich. The once known quality of this fine airline is going down. The flight segment ATH-ZRH was operated by a A320. The lavatory in this new configuration in the back are too small compared to the old configuration. The food is unacceptable as we got served cold Curry Rice with a very small piece of chicken. The beverages containing a piece of cake and cheese and roll are ok. The flight segment ZRH-DUS was fine, great staff, good snack tha'ts all we need.
RouteAthens to Düsseldorf via Zürich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"great flight all around"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Zürich in Business Class. As I was traveling with a carry-on only, I proceeded straight to the lounge. Swiss uses AC’s Maple Leaf Lounge in the international concourse. This is a well equipped, bright lounge with great food and beverage options including made-to-order cocktails. Boarding was slightly delayed but orderly. On-board the hard product was good especially if you are seated in seats with no neighbours as these provide a huge amount of personal space. The seat is not particularly comfortable in the lie-flat position and it’s too close to the floor when fully extended. Upon takeoff, we were offered drinks with a small appetizer which was followed by a full dinner service. Food was tasty and wines were of excellent quality with multiple refills. The FA’s were very professional and attentive and the one taking care of my side of the aircraft was all smiles all of the time. IFE had decent content but the screens are relatively small compared to those you get in other business-class offerings. Flight pulled back and touched down on time. It was a great flight all around.
RouteMontreal to Zürich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"complete lack of empathy"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I flew Johannesburg to Madrid via Zurich on 4 September. However, my luggage did not arrive. I spoke to the lady at the counter in Madrid who told me that my luggage has been already found in Zurich and that I should get it this afternoon. I had nothing with me except for the clothes I was wearing. I was surprised that Swiss never offered my any financial assistance to buy some necessities but I figured that since the luggage will arrive this afternoon there was no need to press this further. My luggage did not arrive this afternoon. It did not arrive the next day either. I called the call centre number at least 10 times during this time and they told me that the luggage was still missing. This contradicts what the lady at the counter told me. Furthermore, they gave me an email to escalate this issue. I sent three emails and never got a reply from them to this day. I also lodged a complained on the Swiss airlines website which to this day has been totally ignored. Finally, I received feedback on day 3 that my luggage has been found and is in Madrid. I immediately called the call centre number to find out when it will be delivered. The gentleman who answered told me that he does not control the shipping schedule but he expects it to be delivered this morning. It was not delivered in the morning, nor in the afternoon, nor in the evening. The next day, complete exasperated I took a taxi to the airport and picked up my luggage myself because I completely lost faith in any information I received from Swiss. I want to say that I am really disgusted by the level of service I received from Swiss Airlines. Luggage gets lost and I am not upset about this. But the miscommunication, lack of transparency and complete lack of empathy for my situation by Swiss Airlines is appalling. If I just received some honest feedback and a little financial aid to buy some basic things (like underwear, socks) I would not write such a harsh review. I can say honestly that my vacation experience was ruined because of the service I received from them.
RouteJohannesburg to Madrid via Zurich

"Would recommend to fly"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Zurich. Flew Swiss for the first time and had a good experience. Cabin Crew was very attentive and friendly. Midnight Snack (Chicken Roll) was great and served hot but Breakfast (Parantha, Vegetable, Cutlet, Breads and Fruit) was bland and left a lot to be desired. IFE selection was great but screen was iffy and often took time to respond to touch. Seats were comfortable. Would recommend to fly.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDelhi to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I missed my 6:55 pm flight"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Zurich. I am frequent Swiss International Airlines flyer. Unfortunately, the service attitude is degrading rapidly. I had a business flight with Swiss from Brussels to Zurich. Unfortunately, I missed my 6:55 pm flight by a few minutes. This is unfortunate. Yet, that is exactly why I purchased a Business ticket. Fortunately, there was a 8:10 pm flight. Since I missed the flight while already being on the terminal I went to the Swiss personal of the 8:10 pm flight. Fortunately, the gate opened early for the 8:10 pm flight and I contacted the Swiss personal around 7:35 pm. Yet, they told me to go to the Swiss Check-in counter on the terminal. At the Swiss counter at the terminal the cleark told me, that they could not issue a new ticket, while I offically would be on the plane with the other plane. Obviously I missed the plane and could not get a new ticket. After some discussion I was asked to call the Swiss international line. Again, after long waiting, I was told that I could not get a new ticket for the evening flight via phone. I would have to go to the Swiss ticket counter outside of the terminal. At 7:50 pm I arrive at the check-in counter of the Swiss outside of the terminal. There, I was told, that they would not issue a ticket, since I would be too late. If I had given a phone call a few minutes earlier they would have been able to help. Also, no matter that the 8:10 plane was already indicated to be delayed and no matter that I had no luggage. I was not issued a new ticket. I would have to wait for a night. Last but not least I was told it is a non-refundable Business ticket. You will have to purchase a new ticket without any discount.
RouteBrussels to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"have never experienced such cramped quarters"

Trip Verified | Zürich to Newark with Swiss Intl Air Lines. Although the flight staff and crew were great our trip was extremely uncomfortable. I fly quite often and have never experienced such cramped quarters. You couldn’t even get out of your seat if the person in front of your reclined. I couldn’t even recline my seat because the gentleman behind me had his knees in my back. Again, the staff was great, entertainment was lacking but it was a safe and smooth flight.
RouteZürich to Newark