Sunwing Airlines

"poor communication"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Liberia (Costa Rica). Have flown with Sunwing a few times now and every time there seems to be a delay. This time when we left Costa Rica we had to touch down in Cancun to add more fuel for our trip home causing a couple more hours of flight time to our trip home to Toronto. Reason was the plane was to heavy to Accommodate the winds on the runway they had to use. If it’s a full flight and they know this prior to and for sure day of why couldn’t they arrange the runway that would allow them to fly out. I believe they had a full plane with lots of luggage I know we paid for the extra luggage as well as our friends and I’m sure many others did as well and this was pre arranged prior to flight. Thought they could of had a movie for us on our way home but only played TV shows like old reruns of Big Bang and other shows. No complimentary drink or food. Once we arrived to airport they couldn’t pull in to our terminal then causing a bus ride 15 minutes or so to our terminal once we all piled out the doors wouldn’t open for us to enter the building and it was freezing cold outside with high winds, finally after several minutes they opened the doors for us so we could then fill out custom forms. Once we completed the process we went to pick up our luggage where we waited again for the first piece of luggage to drop but remember we flew into terminal 1 and needed to go to terminal 3 as did our luggage. No explanation at all why this was happening very poor communication. Always find there to be a delay with Sunwing with poor to little communication to it’s passengers.
RouteToronto to Liberia (Costa Rica)

"Would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cancun. Flight was by more than one hour late. There was no room for legs. One washroom did not work. However the worst was a Sunwing representatives in a hotel. We were given time to meet at 1 pm. We waited for half an hour. Then someone told us that a guy may come at 4. He did. He took our transfer ticket and said to come today, Thursday January 10 at 4 pm to get information on time of transfer to airport. We waited from 3:45 pm to 4:20 pm and nobody came. We will take a taxi cab and plan to request Sunwing to compensate price with discomfort we have experienced. Would not recommend, so unreliable service.
RouteToronto to Cancun

"a nightmare from hell"

Trip Verified | This by far is the worst experience i had to go through. I booked a very expensive all inclusive trip to Cuba with Sunwing for December 30 2018 to Jan 2 2019 and checked my luggage in. Bag tagged to Santa Clara. The service on WG218 was horrendous! The 2 females on flight hit my row of seating with the cart did not have manners and were very condescending to me, i tried to voice myself to the 1 gentleman and he shrugged and said simply theres nothing he could do. I arrived in Cuba and my luggage did not arrive. It did not arrive for the entire Vacation! I filed a Claim at the Airport with reassurance it will be on the next flight to Cuba and delivered Directly to my Resort. My luggage never came! The Representative taking my report/claim never asked me specifically about the make or model of my luggage what distinct design/marks were on it. Nothing. I went on World Tracer to update all the additional information that the rep did not ask me, and it would not save. I tracked it said: 1 item found.. pending confirmation. Then the status changed to Still tracing. Every time i contact Sunwing i dont get a response, i spoke to representatives at Toronto airport and was referred to call a baggage department and got the run around. I cant speak to a person directly about my luggage! I called the airport, sent emails and voicemails, still cant get a update on my lost baggage. This is unbelievable. I dont feel valued. On the return home, the flight WG301 was delayed 2 times we were supposed to depart at 8:50pm we did not depart until 11:20pm. It totally has been a nightmare from hell and i feel like im still living it because my baggage is still lost and its been 5 days!
RouteToronto to Santa Clara

"Worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Punta Cana. Worst travel experience ever! Flight delayed by over 6 hrs. Compensation, $20 meal voucher. Paid a premium for an early direct flight, was the last flight of the day to leave. When it was time to leave, there were mechanical issues creating further delays. Called customer service, was on hold and took 45 minutes to be told I need to send an email. The only reason I rates them a 1 is that 0 was not an option Sunwing, never again.
RouteToronto to Punta Cana

"Horrible customer service"

Not Verified | Toronto to Puerto Vallarta. Horrible customer service, overpriced food/alcoholic beverages, dirty planes, and uncomfortable seats. Find a better airline (Air Canada, WestJet, Air Transat) and stay far away from Sunwing!
RouteToronto to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Find yourself a better airline"

Trip Verified | Very unorganized airline. Our departure flight from Calgary to Cancun was delayed by 5 hours as their plane mechanically had issues that they had to bring another plane from Toronto. On the way back from Cancun they had the same issue that caused to be delayed 9 hours. That tells me that their fleet is not as new. Things could easily go wrong with these guys. I do not recommend to travel with Sunwing. Find yourself a better airline that could provide high quality planes and great services.
RouteCalgary to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2018

"pay and get nothing in return"

Trip Verified | Rio Hata to Montreal. Paid for Elite plus seating seat 2e and 2f front seat but for take off they send us at the rear of the plane because tv not working. I presume I love to pay and get nothing in return. Paid for private transfers hotel to airport no taxi available had to paid extra for other taxi.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteRio Hata to Montreal

"Worst service received"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Punta Cana. Worst service received in this December, I used to travel with Sunwing in this couple of years, Cuba and Mexico no problem so far, but this time we go Dominican was a nightmare, flight delay. Okay, flight delay is not a news but the flight assistant shouted at us and said sit back and wait, I couldn't believe this flight assistant such a reply to all of us. Finally we arrived at the resort at 3:30am to the resort lobby, Sunwing forgot to inform the hotel and and there are no room for us, finally the receptionist called the resort manager and unlock the room for us, but its almost 6:00am, 7 days vacation, first 2 days was a to be recovered.
RouteToronto to Punta Cana
Date FlownDecember 2018

"don't give snacks anymore"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Punta Cana via Winnipeg. The flight was 9 + hours they don't give you snacks anymore. Make you pay for your meals and it has to be with a real credit card not a prepaid . Bought a couple excursions and they where not explained well and not worth the price. On the flight back I had to pay for my checked bag because they said it was over the 23kg the eco class is alotted but we read it was 30 kg before we got there. It cost me 60$ usd. Will try very hard not to ever use Sunwing again
RouteEdmonton to Punta Cana via Winnipeg
Date FlownDecember 2018

"never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Horrible experience they lost my bag which resulted in my 2 small boys and I missing my flight. My boys did not eat for 6 hours because of this and never was offered food. They did offer to comp my meal on an Air Canada flight I eventually was moved to, this came to 26 dollars which is not sufficient for the trouble we were put through it was like they didn't care at all. I will never fly with them again.
RouteToronto to Orlando