Sunwing Airlines

"planes are dirty and old"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Cancun. This was my first time flying with this airline and it was by far the worst airline I have been on. The planes are dirty and old. They have no outlets for you to charge your phone - this is especially bad considering the lack of in-flight entertainment. There is no wifi for purchase. They do not offer a small free snack even on a 6 hour flight (there are basic foods for purchase but they often run out). The seats are so close together that my average height (5'10") husband could barely fit. They do offer free pop, juice, coffee, and tea(one basic tea). They have alcohol for purchase. The flight attendants were nice. The transfer at our destination was good (probably the best part of the experience). I also like that it is a Canadian airline.
RouteEdmonton to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2018

"a garbage airline"

Not Verified | It's a garbage airline. No customer service at all. Direct flight was booked feom Toronto to Orlando for 3 hrs. They changed a flight a week before and make it indirect flight and duration of arrival change from 3 hrs to 5 hrs. Return flight was delayed by exactly 8 hours and 35 minutes. They still can not get it right and flight was delayed for 30 minutes more. Tots experience was garbage. Can't accept it.
RouteToronto to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I think it’s a bad scam"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Toronto. Sunwing give his passengers a $50 survey vouchers to fill up. Only problem is, after you get it in the mail, you realize you can not use it only for a flight or only for hotel booking. And it’s only $25 a person and not $50. I think it’s a bad scam. When I’ve got the email coupon from them after few weeks. it say: “This $50 Travel Voucher may be applied to the final payment toward your purchase of travel arrangements made with SUNWING VACATIONS. Only one voucher per room booking can be applied. ($25 per person based on double or $25 on single occupancy). Applicable to vacation packages 4 nights or longer for new bookings made at least 45 days prior to the departure date. Valid for 1 year from date of issue - 11/06/2018. This voucher cannot be combined with any other promotional offers and is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferable, non-refundable, non commissionable; and not valid for air or land only or group bookings. Redemption: To book directly with Sunwing call 1(800)668 4224 and speak to a Sunwing representative or present this voucher to your Travel Agent at time of booking. For your convenience, we gladly accept the voucher emailed or you may fax it to or mail the original voucher to the attention of the Accounting Department”
RouteFt Lauderdale to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2018

"attendants attentive to everyone"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Santa Clara. My husband and I booked with Sunwing Toronto to Santa Clara (Cayo Santa Maria) leaving 3:55pm October 20th, returning October 27th, 10:30pm. This was only our second time flying Sunwing, the first back in April 2016. To be honest I was concerned after reading some of the reviews but the flight to and from was awesome! The flight attendants were amazing and were attentive to everyone, and always with a smile! Our flight leaving Toronto was boarded on time and quickly and efficiently. Our returning flight however was delayed as there was some rather bad weather in Montreal where it originated from, nothing that the airlines could be responsible for, but again, the boarding was done quickly and efficiently with the same awesome service on the return flight. I have found that a sincere smile and hello when boarding is appreciated and can make the difference to someone who might have had a difficult flight already due to some people that seem to think that a flight attendant is their own personal attendant there to do their bidding alone, not realizing or caring that there are over 100+ people on board, not just them! Kudos on the great work you do and I look forward to flying with Sunwing again.
RouteToronto to Santa Clara
Date FlownOctober 2018

"gave us an excellent service"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Cancun. Dani, the lady who served us in the luggage counter was very kind and gave us an excellent service. She saw our size and gave us great seats to make sure we will enjoy our flight.
RouteMontreal to Cancun

"have the most delays"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Varadero. I have travelled with Sunwing’s at least five times in the past. I will never fly with Sunwing Airlines again because they not only have the most delays, but they have poor customer service and cannot compensate for their poor services. I couldn’t check in to my flight on the return flight, but that might have been because it was delayed by 5 hours, leaving me to return to Toronto at 5:00 am, stranded without a ride. I will never be giving Sunwing Airlines my money ever again. Not to mention the return flight was freezing that I had to buy a blanket. 0 out of 5 for value for money, don’t waste your money, you will be disappointed and probably have your flight delayed a couple of times!
RouteToronto to Varadero

"ignorant customer service"

Not Verified | Toronto to Varadero. Pretty much mediocre and careless service. I've used check-in app to get a good seat, since I'm almost 2 meters tall, so I picked seat at row 17 where emergency exit is, hoping to have extra space for legs, because picture indicates there is no seats before me. So, surprise, extra seat was mounted right at extra space. I sent email to customer service and received very generic reply back, with all details how to buy seats or upgrade to higher level. Agent didn't even care to read my complaint at all. Very careless ignorant customer service, by the way tried to switch seat on the way back, no way,must pay 30$ even if half of flight empty. I'm going to avoid this airline for sure and all my family and friends.
RouteToronto to Varadero
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Last time Sunwing"

Trip Verified | Booked WG 805 Toronto to Vancouver 23 July. Checked online before leaving for the airport, all OK. Went to check in an hour later, and found out flight was going to be late. Really late. They said, just under 4 hrs late - no doubt so they wouldn't be on the hook for anything. Sent us to the business office, who said they couldn't do anything and set us back to the gate. No change, no help, nothing. Flight scheduled to depart at 20:15 actually left at 02:04 the next day. Last time Sunwing - they did the same thing to us 2 years ago....
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"not been helpful whatsoever"

Not Verified | My boyfriend and I were booked to go on an all-inclusive to Puerto Plata. The flight was originally scheduled to leave at 4.35pm and land at 8.40. The flight was initially delayed 3 hours to take off at 7.10pm. It is 7.15pm and we still have not taken off from YYZ. The wait time is unacceptable for a 4 hour flight. Secondly, the few employees that we have seen have given us nothing but attitude and have not been helpful whatsoever. Prior to check-in, I had requested assistance with the check-in machine and the two employees proceeded to spend another 5 minutes talking about her personal issues with her boyfriend. I had clearly indicated that I needed assistance. We have asked multiple employees what happened to the plane and none of them have given us answers except for the generic "it has been delayed". Overall, this was one of the worst airplane experiences. I have flown multiple times with Air Canada, EVA air, West Jet, and others, and none of them have experienced this abysmal level of service. I had hoped to have a great travel experience with my boyfriend but this is a terrible start. Do not book with Sunwing unless you have to. Here's to hoping everyone else has a better experience with this airline.
RouteToronto to Puerto Plata
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never book with Sunwing again"

Trip Verified | My sister and I booked a 4 day package from Montreal to Cancun which includes flight/all inclusive hotel with transport from and to the hotel. Due to an emergency, I had to fly a day later. I called Sunwing to ask if I can move my date by one day, they said no which I accepted; after all, it was unexpected. I bought a separate flight to cancun the day after. I asked if I could get a ride from the airport to the hotel the next day, again, I was told no which I thought was unreasonable. The shuttle goes to the airport every day anyway, they could have let me get the transportation since I didn't use it the day before. So I ended up paying $47 for a taxi to the hotel. The next day I went to the sunwing representative at the resort to confirm my shuttle back to the airport on my date of departure. Freddy reassured me that they had my booking and that I was good to go. The day of the check out, to my surprise, the shuttle had my sister's name but not mine! He refused to take me to the airport even though I had confirmed it, I paid for it, he didn't want to hear anything. After I made a huge scene and made it clear that I had to get on the shuttle or I'd miss my flight, the driver let me on but only after he took down all of my details because 'he would get in trouble' To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. This was a very expensive holiday, I should have bought the flights and hotel on my own instead of going through Sunwing. My flight to Cancun with Interjet was 10 times better than my return flight with Sunwing (and cheaper might I add). When I called sunwing about the change in my outbound flight, they said they could book me a flight for $385 when I checked online, I booked interjet for $250! I will never book a holiday with Sunwing ever again!!
RouteMontreal to Cancun