Sun Country Airlines

"no enforcement of that policy"

Not Verified | We flew round trip to Anchorage from Minneapolis. The airline was good about telling people they need to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at the beginning of each flight, but then there was no enforcement of that policy. On our return home, there was one guy with his mask on his chin, not covering nose and mouth, that chatted with the flight attendants for a long period of time, yet he was not told to use his mask properly. Many, many others not covering nose and mouth. I appreciate that wearing masks was not previously the responsibility of flight attendants. Well, I am sorry, but it is now. All of the flight crew is responsible for the safety of the passengers, including the protection against the spread of Covid 19. I would definitely not use this airline until they carry out their responsibility to keep their passengers safe. In addition, we waited by the luggage carousel for over an hour before the luggage came.
RouteAnchorage to Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2021

"attendants were friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | My flights to and from San Antonio to Cancun were on time. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful. Prices are low and I will be flying Sun Country Airlines again.
RouteSan Antonio to Cancun
Date FlownAugust 2021

"refuse to answer your phone calls"

Trip Verified | They refuse to answer your phone calls (have been calling for the last three hours). They not only don't have the information from my itinerary, even though they emailed me the itinerary number and confirmation code. This is so embarrassing and such a waste of money to fly this airline. They take your money and don't provide any customer service after taking your money. When we got on the phone, they hung up.
RouteSan Francisco to Boston via Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Never again Sun Country"

Not Verified | Terrible, always being delayed. Twice within a month apart our flight was delayed. We are currently sitting on the plane before take off, we've been sitting here for over an hour because of weather. If the flight wouldn't have been delayed we would have beaten the storm and taken off on time. Never again Sun Country!
RouteDallas to Las vegas
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Continue doing an amazing job"

Trip Verified | Thanks for having staff like Khiry Morgan. Today 7/30 was my first time flying with Sun Country Airlines. Unfortunately I came in contact with multiple agents at Sun Country Airlines that was absolutely rude. Khiry Was not one of them. His energy was amazing and he completely saved the experience. As a customer service manager at the MSP airport I have very high expectations for customer service and Khiry exceeded those expectations. Continue doing an amazing job. It definitely isn’t going unnoticed !
RouteMinneapolis to Los Angeles

"Worst airline experience"

Not Verified | Absolute worst airline to take. Got split up with my family and had to take a plane by myself or my boyfriend had to pay over $100 to change his flight to my later flight and let the rest of them go without us. They were no help whatsoever at the airlines checking. They said I had to call and they can’t do anything. We are in Mexico and I’m from the US so we weren’t able to call the airline. They couldn’t call them either so we were forced to pay them extra so I didn’t have to take the plane by myself. I will never use this airline again. Next time, I will go with American Airlines and pay a more. This wasn’t worth all the time, stress, and confusion. Worst airline experience and worst customer service.
RouteCancun to Dallas
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Staff are absolutely incompetent!"

Not Verified | Checked one bag... when we arrived in Seattle, we were delayed maybe 15 minutes before getting to baggage carousel. Nothing on carousel. Called Sun Country. Took several attempts to speak with anyone. They have our bag, but we can't pick it up until the next day, will you deliver it to our hotel? No. Had to make a trip back to airport the next day to get it. Then, similar experience on return flight. No apology whatsoever. Staff are absolutely incompetent! Would not fly Sun Country again even if it was free!
RouteMinneapolis to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I will never fly Sun Country again"

Trip Verified | We arrived hours early enough to get in line. We were met by the apocalypse! There was a huge long line that was never ending. We got in line and were in line for two hours. This was the line to check a bag NOT security. There was such mayhem that they eventually just starting calling out flights and having people jockey to get up to drop bags so that the plane could leave. This turned into one giant cluster. Everyone was pushing and there was no line. To top it off they were not fully staffed to handle the number of flights that were departing. I have never seen such incompetence in my life and I fly often. I will never fly Sun Country again. They knew their flight schedule and number of passengers ahead of time and could have planned accordingly.
RouteSan Antonio to Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2021

"4 weeks since Sun Country Airlines lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | I probably don’t have to tell you how angry I am! It has been 4 weeks since Sun Country Airlines lost my luggage! I have called a million times, listed all my items, provided what receipts/proof I could and they sent me an email saying I need to send receipts! Who keeps receipts for all their personal belongings? I will never fly with them again!
RouteHawaii to Cincinnati
Date FlownJune 2021

"didn’t let me fly"

Not Verified | I had a flight from Houston to Cancun on July 15th. I called the airline before my flight date and asked them about additional documents I need to bring. They told me that I don’t need any additional documents just my passport and my green card. When I arrived to the airport and about to check in at the kiosk the representative that was on the kiosk told me that “You are going to miss your flight” without any explanations first. He told me that I need an additional form and didn’t let me fly. I called them and asked them about additional documents before and they told me that I need only my passport and my green card and I would be fine. He made me miss my flight instead of helping me with my documents. Any other airlines let me know that my passport and my green card would be fine. Because of Sun Country Airlines lack of customer service I bought a new ticket for the same day and paid extra money for it when I already had a flight that I paid for. Why any other airlines are not asking for the additional documents and let me fly? I called the customer service number before my flight and they confirmed that with my passport and my green card I would be okay to fly so because of their lack of knowledge and support I spend 13 hours in total on a plane and airports.
RouteHouston to Cancun