Sun Country Airlines

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flew this past week from JFK to Las Vegas with a connection at MSP. Flights were on time or early and good and uneventful. Flight crews were average. Only free beverages if you wanted to eat you could have purchased pizza for $6.00 a burger for $5.00 or two hot dogs for $4.00. if the seats got any smaller they would have only been able to transport children under 12. I am a 4 ft 11 woman and I felt crammed in the entire time.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

We were caught in the Sun Country's baggage extortion this last week. We sat with everyone for over an hour waiting for the gate to open. The gate personnel stood there with nothing to do. When they started boarding they seemingly randomly stopped people to measure their bag. Surprise almost none of the bags fit in the bin. Everyone whose bag was measured stated it was a bag that had fit on several flights. Our bag had been on over 20 flights including the flight into Minneapolis. There was no time to deal with it since we were already boarding. At our destination I counted 31 carryon bags in the carousel. I measured the overhead and closed it was 4 inches bigger than the measuring bin. Each bag at the gate was $25 each.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flew once with them to DC had 1.5 hrs wait on a runway in Lansing which was hot muggy and enormously uncomfortable. Not so much as an "I'm sorry". 3 weeks later I flew again to Phoenix and I'm hit with a startling $100 in baggage fees because my 14-inch carry-on I took just 20 days earlier are no longer considered carry-ons by Sun Country. I was charged $30 for requesting 2 of my seat assignments online. Then another $80 to get my family's carry-ons back home again! I saved myself $20 by prepaying for my carry-ons online. I did not request seats online. If I had that would have been yet another $10 or $15 per seat depending on what I chose. $210 later. If my air fare had been really cheap I could perhaps justify some of these fees but my tickets were nothing special. I felt completely gouged on top of really mediocre service. Sun Country used to be my go-to airline but I will never fly this airline again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flew to Minneapolis from Fort Myers. Flight went smoothly. On return flight during boarding we were informed our pre-paid seats were assigned to someone else. We had received boarding passes at check-in with correct seats on pass but were denied boarding at gate. Seats were booked on 2 weeks before flight. Received new seat assignment at gate. No apologies for Sun Country's error nor have we received a credit for the pre-paid seats that we lost. Very poor customer service.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP-JFK. On time not full (I had a whole row to myself.) Smooth and great flight attendants. Sandwich was hot and tasty. Return flight JFK-MSP also on time no hassle check-in nice flight attendants and free hot dog was tasty. Anyway both flights clean cabin restroom good and clean on return flight. One complaint - had to pay more for an aisle or window seat even though Monday flight was practically empty.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

JFK-MSP-LAX very impressed. Both flights on time and complimentary hot dog and two free beverages served. Staff polite and friendly. On the second leg I was surprised that the seats were the same grey and orange material as easyjet. Fortunately they've added more legroom!

Sun Country Airlines customer review

If you want something cheap and don't mind having constant delays or+ not being informed about them until the last minute then Sun Country is the airline for you! I've had several flights with them and it's been delayed countless of times. I fly enough to know that delays are inevitable and I do not blame them for this. However the problem is the lack of communication in their part to inform passengers about these delays. With any other airline if there is a delay all I have to do is wait a bit later in my home or office before heading out to the airport. But do not expect the same from them. Passengers find out about about these delays 30 minutes before the flight is supposed to board. The reason I am writing this unfavorable review is because every time the plane had never left Atlanta and/or another location that is literally 3-4 hours away. That means that while the plane has been sitting somewhere for 2 hours we are told about it 1 hour later and according to them it is only delayed for an hour - which I'll find out later on when they announce another flight delay. I will be paying a couple bucks more from now on to fly with a more professional airline.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flew from San Francisco to London very good flight with no problem. Even arrived early into London. Even though our seats were not together they were happy for us to move and sit together.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flew Minneapolis to San Fran. Issues included being unable to check-in online the breakfast sandwich we received was awful. We were targeted by the gate agent who said our carry-on bags were too large. Regardless they made us check-in one of our carry-ons even though there was plenty of overhead room onboard and we could have fit the bag. They have lost my business. I will not take this airline again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Red Eye from SFO to Boston. Arrived 15 hrs late due to mechanical issues that forced us to land in Wyoming on the way from SFO. We were taken off the plane but were not kept well informed customer service did not know what was going on. At one point the TSA agent needed to make an announcement for the pilot and crew while in Wyoming. All in all I was not very satisfied with my trip.