Sun Country Airlines

Sun Country Airlines customer review

I flew from Seattle to Minneapolis to Chicago Midway this past December. All flights were late no announcements were made until 15 minutes before departure time. Leaving Midway we were told 15 minutes before the flight that they were waiting for the plane to land. 5 minutes later they told us that after circling the airport for 45 minutes the plane was turned away by Air Traffic Control due to bad weather. We were forced to stay another night in Chicago at our own expense. While we were waiting in line to get re-booked for the next flight Frontier landed and disembarked at the gate next to us. We asked why other airlines were still operating and the gate crew were very rude. I will never fly Sun Country again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

The trip from Boston to Las Vegas went without incident though I thought we would never stop driving around the runway. It took us 15 minutes to get to the runway to take off. The same thing happens when you land. Coming into Boston it took forever to get in position to land. The seats are horribly uncomfortable - no padding at all. The crew were attentive and nice. Sun Country does not give free snacks. $4 for a cheeseburger that is all bread $3 for boxes of candy.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP to LAS and the trip out was just fine. Good staff and pilot with no problems. The flight back was just a pain. Leaving Las Vegas we were not informed until we got to the tarmac we were number 25 of 30 planes in line to depart. The Captain said we would be in the air shortly. One hour later we took off. We then had an in flight emergency which the staff did very well with but the captain said nothing to anyone. We just had the fasten seatbelt the whole flight. We were over an hour late with no concern from the captain nor did anyone see the captain at all after we landed to check on the passenger who had to be rushed to hospital.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Sun Country is the worst nickel and dime airline I've flown in a long time. They charge you for every single bag. Now they won't even allow you to check-in ahead of time at all unless you agree to pay for each seat assignment. Plus they charge more to pay your bag fee at the airport. If you don't pay the fee for a seat assignment you can't purchase the discounted bag fee online. I'd rather pay a little more up front for a respectable airline than get hit with all these petty hidden fees on a ticket that was a little cheaper in the first place.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Wed July 31. Asked for aisle or window. Specifically asked if seat reclined as I was not feeling well. It did not and I could only be moved to middle seat after paying extra $25.00! Not very nice!

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Not the cheapest fare for JFK-MSP-SFO but an interesting alternative the usual mainliners. Checked in online and took advantage of an upgrade to (domestic) first class for $290 mostly because I had to get into SF fast and thought this would make it easier to carry my large suitcase as hand luggage which worked fine although in practise it was a tiny bit too large to fit in the overhead locker but the kind flight attendant was able to stow it in a galley compartment which was helpful. Service inflight was charm personified and was served a very nice open sandwich on a tray with metal cutlery - better than domestic F class on other US carriers. Flights were obviously timed to connect in Minneapolis so 90 mins in the low-cost terminal was painless with excellent view of the busy air traffic out on the runways. Second leg MSP-SFO even more generous food this time a hot meal full of flavour. Slightly different configurations first 737-700 had no divider between F and Y second 737-700 had divider but different seats actually it was an ex-easyJet aircraft and still had the easyJet seat fabric which was a nice reminder of home. Landed on time (1705) and was off the plane quickly and thus made my appointment in the city at 1800 with time to spare (1750). Will definitely fly this charming airline again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

I fly on Sun Country on a somewhat regular basis and try to fly them whenever possible. On my latest flight to San Diego from MSP everything went very smoothly. The staff are very attentive and accommodating. The only things that are less than perfect was the seat condition which was a little worn and the in-flight entertainment is a Digi-Player instead of a seatback screen. Other than that they are my hometown airline.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Round trip from Minneapolis to Puerto Vallarta in February. I had no problems at all. Both flights left on time and arrived early. The crew southbound was friendlier than the one on my return but both were professional. An airline representative did test my carry-on for size by placing it in the "your bag must fit comfortably in this" contraption in PV. After I removed a large novel from an outer pocket it fit comfortably and I did not pay anything additional. I frequently see Sun Country employees look the other way when passengers carry on bags that are far larger than the regulations allow. My hunch is that those same passengers skate the rules so often it feels unfair when someone actually measures their bags. I like this airline and I will certainly fly them again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

I flew last July from DFW to MSP. Until now I've never flown First Class but since this airline's FC was fairly affordable I decided to give it a shot. I was very satisfied. I did not experience any problems on my flight. I would do it again. The food was good the seat was plenty big and the flight attendants were friendly.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flew this past week from JFK to Las Vegas with a connection at MSP. Flights were on time or early and good and uneventful. Flight crews were average. Only free beverages if you wanted to eat you could have purchased pizza for $6.00 a burger for $5.00 or two hot dogs for $4.00. if the seats got any smaller they would have only been able to transport children under 12. I am a 4 ft 11 woman and I felt crammed in the entire time.