Sun Country Airlines

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Red Eye from SFO to Boston. Arrived 15 hrs late due to mechanical issues that forced us to land in Wyoming on the way from SFO. We were taken off the plane but were not kept well informed customer service did not know what was going on. At one point the TSA agent needed to make an announcement for the pilot and crew while in Wyoming. All in all I was not very satisfied with my trip.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Just did the return London-Minneapolis/St.Paul flight. Excellent on the ground and in air service on both the outbound and return leg. Technical stop in Gander both directions was excellent-no need to take passport/boarding card - it's simply in and out or you can stay on board if you prefer. Gander had a duty free/gift store and a cafe open for us arriving there's also a smoker's lounge if you need it. Hot meal and light meal service were excellent and free. The rentable digiEplayer service excellent and good value for the $6 you pay. Plenty of legroom and comfortable. The flight attendants were exceptional and very attentive. My reservations about crossing the Atlantic on a B737 are gone. Ground staff did not charge me for an aisle seat or my luggage being slightly over limit either. Flight was on time both directions and Minneapolis/St.Paul Terminal 2 is an excellent facility.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Just completed the first half of a RT Seattle-Boston flight. On time arrival courteous crew and free hot dogs and drink refills were all appreciated. Plus it was the least expensive flight available and the route thru Minn/St Paul is more direct than any other one-stop flyer.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

SEA-BOS round-trip flight one stop in MSP both times. I was seated in a 737-800 with no seat changes. The crew came around 5-6 times on the flight from MSP-SEA when it was only a 5hr flight. On every trip the plane was early to arrive by 10-15 mins. I was very impressed that every plane was on time for take off and arrival. Many people complain about the $25 checking fee for bags and I have to say that every airline has a checking fee whether hidden in the ticket price or not. I was very glad that Sun Country is a smaller airline because the flights weren't incredibly crowded. I witnessed a heavier man asking for a seat change due to increase his comfort and the attendants gladly moved him to a different seat on the plane. On my flight from BOS-MSP there was an incident where they double booked 2 seats but otherwise it was pretty smooth.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Minneapolis to Las Vegas. When checking in on-line be aware of the fees tacked on if you want to sit next to your spouse or traveling companion. You can possibly avoid this if you go to the ticketing booth. Boarding procedure at Minneapolis is time consuming. After calling for first class medical family and no carry on the rest of the plane boards similar to cattle being driven into a chute. Las Vegas boards their planes back to front (first-class medical family and no carry - on go first in that order) and because of this procedure we enjoyed 15 minutes ahead of published flight time. The staff were fantastic. Excellent service is what sets this airline apart from all the other airlines in Minneapolis. This company has sadly fallen in line with other airlines with regards to pricing and to the bottom line of running an airline. After sending two e-mails and talking to a customer representative who seemed indifferent to the entire process can honestly say that we will not fly with this airline in the future.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP-LAS ten times in the past five years. Every flight has been great staff friendly and efficient. I don't care for the checked baggage fees but that's unfortunately become the norm for just about every airline and I do miss the free cheeseburgers but we've still been very happy with their service and planes.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Minneapolis to San Francisco travelling with my wife and 8 month old son. The staff at the check-in counter very polite and helpful suggested changes to my overweight bags so that I wouldn't be charged extra for them (saved me USD $75) - they were very patient while I was re- arranging my bags. Cabin crew was courteous and cheerful. Seeing that I had an infant they offered to seat me in one of the empty rows so that I could get the extra seat for all the childs stuff (diaper bag food etc.)

Sun Country Airlines customer review

LAX to Minneapolis. This is my first time of flying Sun Country. My daughter and I had a connecting flight. From Manila to LAX we flew Philippines Airlines and from LAX to MSP Sun Country. I was charged $25.00 for each of my checked in baggage. I never had to do this with other airlines. I have fllown NW American Delta etc. for my connecting flight and did not have to pay for my checked in baggage. I explained to the Customer Service Rep that this is my connecting flight but she insisted that I still have to pay because the plane I took for my international flight was not Sun Country. No matter how I explained it I still paid for all my checked in baggage. To make matter worse my daughter and I were separated when they assigned seats. I asked that we sit together because she is a minor but I was told by the CSR they can't do that for me and that I just have to wait to see if there are people who would be willing to switch once we get in the plane. No one was willing so my daughter and I were apart. I did not like the CSR. As I was trying to explain the situation she was smirking and it was very insulting. My daughter mentioned this to me later that she also noticed it. Very rude. I hope I don't have to fly Sun Country again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

While attempting to check in the night before departure we learned that the airline sometime earlier had canceled our non-stop flight and switched us to a stop-over flight that left 45 minutes earlier (requiring a much earlier wake up) and was an hour and a half longer. We got no email advising us of this change. Traveling with small children the change made for an significant inconvenience. Had we known we would have purchased non-stop tickets with a different airline for the same price. The airline offered to send us vouchers for $50 in travel at a later date but that assumes we would fly with them again. Very disappointed.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP to RSW and back. Exceptional service newer aircraft and on time performance makes this Minneapolis based carrier my favorite way to travel to Ft Myers and back. First class service is second to none with attentive and smiling attendants and the service in coach is also above average than what you get with legacy carriers. Both flights on board 737-800 a pleasure to fly on clean and well maintained aircraft.