Sun Country Airlines

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Minneapolis to San Francisco travelling with my wife and 8 month old son. The staff at the check-in counter very polite and helpful suggested changes to my overweight bags so that I wouldn't be charged extra for them (saved me USD $75) - they were very patient while I was re- arranging my bags. Cabin crew was courteous and cheerful. Seeing that I had an infant they offered to seat me in one of the empty rows so that I could get the extra seat for all the childs stuff (diaper bag food etc.)

Sun Country Airlines customer review

LAX to Minneapolis. This is my first time of flying Sun Country. My daughter and I had a connecting flight. From Manila to LAX we flew Philippines Airlines and from LAX to MSP Sun Country. I was charged $25.00 for each of my checked in baggage. I never had to do this with other airlines. I have fllown NW American Delta etc. for my connecting flight and did not have to pay for my checked in baggage. I explained to the Customer Service Rep that this is my connecting flight but she insisted that I still have to pay because the plane I took for my international flight was not Sun Country. No matter how I explained it I still paid for all my checked in baggage. To make matter worse my daughter and I were separated when they assigned seats. I asked that we sit together because she is a minor but I was told by the CSR they can't do that for me and that I just have to wait to see if there are people who would be willing to switch once we get in the plane. No one was willing so my daughter and I were apart. I did not like the CSR. As I was trying to explain the situation she was smirking and it was very insulting. My daughter mentioned this to me later that she also noticed it. Very rude. I hope I don't have to fly Sun Country again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

While attempting to check in the night before departure we learned that the airline sometime earlier had canceled our non-stop flight and switched us to a stop-over flight that left 45 minutes earlier (requiring a much earlier wake up) and was an hour and a half longer. We got no email advising us of this change. Traveling with small children the change made for an significant inconvenience. Had we known we would have purchased non-stop tickets with a different airline for the same price. The airline offered to send us vouchers for $50 in travel at a later date but that assumes we would fly with them again. Very disappointed.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP to RSW and back. Exceptional service newer aircraft and on time performance makes this Minneapolis based carrier my favorite way to travel to Ft Myers and back. First class service is second to none with attentive and smiling attendants and the service in coach is also above average than what you get with legacy carriers. Both flights on board 737-800 a pleasure to fly on clean and well maintained aircraft.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

We have flown Sun Country many times. The staff onboard are extremely helpful and polite. We have flown both first-class and coach and have been treated very well in both locations. The onboard food has been very pleasant. We far prefer Sun Country to Northwest which is the "big" local carrier. We have been treated rudely on NW and the service was just not up to the standard that Sun Country has set. We'll continue to fly Sun Country whenever possible. We were a bit nervous after the financial issues of Tom Petters (who ran the parent company that owned quite a bit of the airline) that our flight this spring might be cancelled or affected somehow by the trouble. However as it turned out we were every bit as pleased as always.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Support this MSP based small airline. Although in Chapter 11 they are operating a full timetable.. Their cabin crews even though they are currently only receiving 70% of their pay (due to the problems of parent company) could teach cabin crews of all of the legacy carriers serious lessons in courtesy and pleasantness. Flight crews do their bit keeping flight information flowing from the flight deck. All in all the sort of experience that takes me back some years when the legacy carriers appreciated my business and tried to get me as a regular customer. On my most recent flight we were 25 minutes late leaving arrived 10 minutes late but I was out of the aircraft in my car and away from the terminal within 10 minutes. Their aircraft are modern clean and as comfortable as you get theses days and their fares are very competitive. During a nearly three hour flight the cabin crew came around twice after the normal drinks round to enquire if passengers needed anything. It didn't appear that there was any "hiding in the galley".

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP-RSW return. Genuine concern and commitment to passenger satisfaction and overall customer service is something unheard of today this airline does it better than most carriers. Comfortable flights left and arrived on time on modern clean Boeing 737-800 with periodic updates from cockpit on flight progress. Well done Sun Country I hope reps from the majors are reading this they ought to take a page or two out this book for a change!

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Nice terminal relatively quiet and friendly fast check-in clean leather seats (a bit snug but unless you're in first class what airline isn't?). Inflight HOT sandwiches (and cookie) with leftovers cheerfully handed out by flight attendants. Flight on schedule but equally important to me are the attitude and little things and they were tops. I was very impressed by the honesty and efficiency with which they handled the return of my husband's I-POD (left in the magazine rack at his seat on the plane). I reported it lost from home the next day and within an hour I got a call letting me know they had it and where to pick it up. Great catch by the attendant and great customer service by the office people who were friendly and helpful. The overall appearance is that the people who work for Sun Country are happy to be there. I highly recommend Sun Country Airlines. Keep up the good work.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP-Puerto Vallarta. From the moment we checked in at MSP/HHH throughout the flight to PV and returning to MSP a week later we had a great experience with Sun Country Airlines. Flight attendants were consistently friendly on both flights. We have flown Sun Country many many times and will continue to do so! I look forward to our next trip and flying with Sun Country Airlines!

Sun Country Airlines customer review

MSP HHH to Las Vegas was perfect - departing and arriving on time. The return flight that was scheduled to arrive at MPLS at 1:00 PM on January 28th; however it 12 hours late arriving at 1:00 AM on the 29th. Fortunately I have family to spend time with away from the airport - some passengers were at the airport 14 hours! I initially arrived at the airport at 6 AM to check my luggage and then returned again 4 hours before actual departure - because it wasn't certain when the plane would arrive from MPLS to unload/reload. What made the passengers most angry and frustrated was the fact there were no SunCountry agents at the desk. The delays were not posted on the electronic posting so no one had a clue what was going on. One passenger finally called Minneapolis Reservations and requested that an agent come to the desk in Las Vegas and update passengers as to what was going on - this didn't happen until 1 hour prior to boarding. Positive side: Attendants were wonderful; food was hot generous and appreciated.