Sun Country Airlines

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flying from Fort Myers to Minneapolis on 3/13. Had reserved the tickets on 9/13/2014 at which time I also chose seats for the flight to Fort Myers and the flight back to Minneapolis. When we tried to print boarding passes at the Fort Myers airport we were told that we needed to pick new seats because the seats we originally chose in September 2014 were no longer available to us. We were told we could fly first class for $150+ additional charge (each of us and there were 3 of us traveling). We could also take the last row of the plane but I strongly opposed this due to a flight we were on in December when the rear seat smelled of rest room odor. Our last option was to take the exit row but pay an additional $25.00 to sit there. I strongly opposed this because we had chosen row 18 when we booked our flights. But Sun Country said that was only a choice on that day and the airline has every right to take away the seats. We had no choice we had to pay the $25.00/person to sit in the exit row. I also felt like the airline is collecting from customers to help the airline.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Flight 112 Laughlin to International Falls and then to Mpls Minnesota on Saturday Feb 21st 2015. Flight was delayed twice before bussing us to airport where we sat for another 8 hours and then to only be told at 2am that the crew had timed out. Sun Country must have known hours before that the crew would time out so that other arrangements could have been made. Totally unacceptable. We all understand weather problems but do not like to be lied to.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Extremely unprofessional: SFO-MSP Dec 22nd. Upon check-in I was told that the boarding time was shifted earlier than scheduled and I had to hurry up. After arriving at the gate I was informed that the incoming plane was a bit late. Then that due to fog which means SFO operating at decreased capacity the incoming plane had landed in San Jose. I assume they were stingy enough to carry just the minimum amount of fuel and therefore they could not afford to wait in air. Nobody seemed to have a clue how long it was going to be. 4 hours later the plane did arrive from San Jose but we were then told the crew had timed out and they had to bring in another crew from Minnesota to actually fly the plane. We departed 7.5 hours late after several fellow passengers had given up waiting. Select a more serious carrier!

Sun Country Airlines customer review

I was impressed with my first trip on Sun Country Airlines. Flights were comfortable and staff pleasant. They even had food for sale at a reasonable price. Best of all when we had equipment problems in Palm Springs they held my connecting flight to Boston so I didn't have to spend the night in Minneapolis!

Sun Country Airlines customer review

My wife and I took advantage of the non stop from Punta Cana to Dallas. All was fine however were very surprised when we asked for a blanket and were told there was a $5 charge. We were flying in first class first time I have been asked to pay for a blanket when traveling first class and more specifically first calls international.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Booked a flight on Sun Country for this summer from MI to Phoenix and rec'd a call recently that they have decided to cancel all flights to Phoenix for the month of July and that I could book another flight for June. Booking a flight in June does me no good since I don't leave on my trip until July. Absolutely ridiculous. They did not offer any compensation or try to book me on another airline for just up and cancelling the flight. I will not recommend Sun country to any of my family or friends.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Sun Country Airlines customer review

I flew 1st class to MN from Phoenix AZ on 17th April. I thought due to the upcoming holiday that it might be might be hard for the stewardess to take care of all our needs. One lady in particular was wonderful during the flight. The flight was fast. I was given access to movies music games etc. My family was very impressed with this airline and its staff.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Sun Country Airlines customer review

We flew Sun Country MSP-LAS and return in April 2014. Check in was easy and fast flight service was great. We booked an extra seat so we had a lot of room. For $100 each way could not beat the service. No incidents with flight. delayed maybe 15 minutes on way back due to late take off from Vegas. Other wise this is a decent airline with great price. I would most definitely recommend this airline to family and friends.

Sun Country Airlines customer review

I booked our flights with them 2.5 months in advance Sun Country calls 6 weeks before the flight saying the flight is cancelled. No assistance from Sun Country at all for a new flight to match my schedule that I need. Sun Country's option - like the new flights we are offering or too bad. I then had to waste another hour searching for new flights at more cost.
Seat Comfort N/A

Sun Country Airlines customer review

Feb 19 Flight 265. Feb 24 Flight 268. Cheery forward-thinking staff made this an airline we will book again. All communicated their personal investment in the success of the company / recognition that customer service is directly related! Good legroom in economy class great price direct non-stop flight between Michigan and DC.