Sriwijaya Air

"a professional attitude"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My flight with Sriwijaya Air is a connecting flight from Pontianak to Solo via Jakarta. The first flight was being delayed for 1,5 hours. The second flight is better than the first one. The flight attendant is turning on reading lamp for the passenger who is still reading when the plane is preparing to take off before the plane's light is being dimmed. It's a professional attitude from the flight attendant.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG / 737-300
RoutePontianak to Solo via Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Sriwijaya is not recommended"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. Sriwijaya is not recommended for your business/holiday trip. They reschedule my flight without my agreement. The customer service told me that it was canceled and reschedule to earlier flight. My friends bought the same flight, and their flight isn't canceled, because they have transit flight (Medan to Jakarta then Jakarta to Denpasar) so if their flight changed or reschedule, Sriwijaya will be a failure. Sriwijaya customer service very hard to be reached, in my 10th or more attempt, i just can get connected to the person (customer service). I'm really disappointed. I know there is an event on Bali on the date, i am attending it with my friends. The reasons i bought the same flight so i can together with my friends. How come people booked earlier and Sriwijaya changed the flight without my agreement.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJuly 2018

"further delayed by another 5 hours"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Sorong via Makassar. Horrible service!! The flight to Sorong was delayed by one hour in the beginning. At the time of boarding it was told that the flight was further delayed by another 5 hours! This is ridiculous. No information was given to customers before arrival at the boarding gate, to plan accordingly. Moreover due to this, my connecting transportation got missed and the airline did not agree to compensate for that.
RouteDenpasar to Sorong via Makassar
Date FlownMay 2018

"totally useless"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. Late due incoming. Being in the industry this is an excuse for every flight of the day running late and progressively getting later. It is the hallmark of an airline that is typical of the bottom feeder that is Sriwijaya; totally inadequate to operate. CGK - DPS, 3 hour delay incoming. DPS - CGK 2.5 hour delay incoming. Would not fly this airline, and I use the term loosely, ever again. Rumours of their impending bankruptcy is now generally accepted as only a matter of time and now can confirm why. Totally useless!
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"terrible customer service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Jakarta. I have not flown with this airline before. Check in experience was smooth and fast at T1 Juanda Airport. However, things got bad quickly as the flight was delayed by 15 minutes and two flights were in one departure gate, making it very crowded. People were sitting on the floor, which was horrible. When the time arrived the ground crew shouted over and over again, telling people to hurry. What terrible customer service! The food was only one tiny horrible bread and mineral water. The plane was dirty, the seat pockets were filthy as well as the floor. Baggage claim was delayed because of the slow ground crew. For me, this middle service airline is worse than Citilink, which claims to be a budget airline.
RouteSurabaya to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the experience was a good one"

Trip Verified | We arrived at Surabaya Juanda International airport where we found our flight would be delayed for 1 hour. We were not too happy because we were early. We checked in and headed to our gate were we found out that we would be delayed for another hour, I got restless and decided that we would visit the "Blue Sky" lounge. We boarded 2 hours and 30 minutes late, with friendly smiles, we got to our seat. One flight attended was wearing a hijab which was very unusual for an Indonesian carrier. The snack service began and in the paper bag contained a cheese sandwich and water. We landed in Jakarta Soekarno Hatta T2 3 hours late. All in all the Sriwijaya experience was a good one, the only problem is the delay.
RouteSurabaya to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2017

"staff would not allow us to check"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Bali to Dili. The counter staff would not allow us to check in without pre-arrival visa. Even thought I show her the information on Timor Leste Consulate website: passenger traveling to Timor Lester via Dili International Aiport or Dili Seaport on business or travel purpose can apply for visa on arrival. I require to meet her manager but she told he/she wasn't there. I require her to show the official regulation from Timor Lester but she failed to do so and asked ourselves to contact the Consulate. We were unable to contact the Consulate as they were on holiday. I wrote the email to complain and require the explanation but they didn't reply. The second email was sent after a week waiting but they also didn't reply. That's the worst service.
RouteBali to Dili
Date FlownNovember 2017

"attendants wearing Hijab"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Surabaya to Yogyakarta. Boarding delayed about 45 minutes due waiting for passengers transfer from Kupang Ground staff informed us and give us snack for delay. Flight attendants wearing Hijab, thats very different with other airlines in Indonesia. They have a smile when served snack cookies. The cabin and toilet also pretty clean. Landing in JOG delayed about 20 minutes due traffic on Yogyakarta. Flight attendant give announcement in Bahasa Indonesia / English / Java.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteSurabaya to Yogyakarta
Date FlownOctober 2017

"missed our flight home"

Verified Review | Yogyakarta to Jakarta. I am an American and was traveling through Indonesia. I stayed for 2 weeks and booked a flight with Sriwijaya Air from Jogja to Jakarta before my flight home. My flight home was scheduled with plenty of time to spare in Jakarta after I would have landed from my flight with Sriwijaya. In Jogja, myself and my fiancé were waiting for our flight to Jakarta with Sriwijaya. We were in the terminal waiting and realized we hadn't boarded the plane and it was already after our scheduled take off time. We asked the airport staff if we were delayed. They said yes and that we were delayed an hour and a half. An hour and a half passed and we asked again and they said there was another 30 minute delay. 30 minutes passed and we asked again, and once again there was another delay. This continued for about 3 hours and we missed our flight home. Other flights were leaving on time except for Sriwijaya's flights. There were no other flights home for 2 days so we had to stay 2 extra days in Indonesia.
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2017

"dirtiest plane I have ever been"

Verified Review | Jakarta to Medan with Sriwijaya Air. This was the dirtiest plane I have ever been on, and I have travelled a lot. It smelled bad, there was dirt and crumbs all over the seats, it was disgusting. Such poor quality for any airline, and very uncomfortable to be on such a flight. Will never fly this airline again.
RouteJakarta to Medan