Sriwijaya Air

"overall experience is nice"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flew from Jakarta to Makassar, my overall experience is nice, the flight is on-time, maybe because my flight is the earliest flight of the day. The staff is fine, and the flight is rather boring. But on my 2 hours and 20 minutes flight hot food was distributed. The food is rather bland but hot food is still a hot food. Overall, I could recommend. My tip for Sriwijaya is select the earliest flight out.
RouteJakarta to Makassar
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Never again"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with Sriwijaya for a 10.30am departure from Jakarta to Pontianak. I turn up at the airport at 9am, check in and then hang around. Then I notice that the flight is not actually due to depart until 11am. It was always an 11am departure and their website had got it wrong when it stated 10.30. But leaving at 11 would still get me Pontianak at 12.25. A bit tight for my meeting, but doable. So while I waited, I checked out some stats for the flight I was about to take. Over the last ten days, almost every flight was delayed. Sometimes by up to two hours. This concerned me and so I checked the whereabouts of the incoming flight. It was presently flying from Malang to Jakarta. And it was on time. So no delays. And then it lands and I’m very happy. So I wait and wait and there are lots of announcements in Indonesian (I’m a Brit) which I couldn’t understand. But I could tell my fellow passengers were a bit annoyed and so I went up to the desk. ‘I’m sorry, sir,’ said the young lady. ‘Two hour delay.’ ‘Why?’ ‘Operational reason.’ So that was that. Meeting cancelled and I didn’t bother taking the flight. When I went back to get a refund for their misery making, I received the final sting on Sriwijaya Air’s tail: instead of a full refund of 1.4 million rupiah, they gave me 541,00. Lesson learned: I should have flown Garuda rather than chancing it with these jokers. Never again.
RouteJakarta to Pontianak
Date FlownNovember 2018

"disgusted with this airline"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Palembang to Jakarta. Absolutely disgusted with this airline. I arrived at 5.00pm for my 6.40pm flight and was shocked to see it rescheduled for 9.15pm. When I spoke to the CS, they informed me that they had "just" got the information and that is the reason why nobody was informed. They directed me to their ticket office to air my complaint. There were 2 young women in there, I proceeded to ask one of them if there was an earlier flight, she said she would check and walked out. The other one quietly informed me that there was no other flight. The other one came back (as though she had consulted someone) and said she checked and there were no more flights. I then left to check in and was shocked that the BP said boarding time was 8.45pm, meaning they had known long enough to print it out on the BP. My checks revealed the plane had not been on time for the past 3 weeks. Very disappointed with the horrible service and lack of empathy.
RoutePalembang to Jakarta

"flights are outdated"

Trip Verified | Sorong to Makassar. This month, I flew four times with this airline and and all four times we started late. The delay was on average one hour. The flights are outdated and the food was not good either.
RouteSorong to Makassar

"Horrendous passenger relations"

(Indonesia)

Flew Jakarta to Denpasar with Sriwijaya Air. Over 7.5 hours total delay. After 2 hour delay boarded aircraft and had to return after technical problem. Waited another 4+ hours. Very little information. Horrendous passenger relations. Worst carrier in Indonesia.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteJakarta to Denpasar

"poor customer practices"

Trip Verified | This is a review to make sure everyone is aware of the poor customer practices this company uses. I was supposed to get reimbursement for my flight back in July and had to provide all my bank information to the company's customer service department so that this would be done quickly (after having to call them in person for 2-3 weeks since they wouldnt pick up a single phone call for a while). It's been 3 months now and the customer service department decided to start ignoring my emails as they still haven't paid me back while they said it would take a month for me to receive payment.
RouteDenpasar to Komodo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I was very satisfied"

Trip Verified | Flew with Sriwijaya Air from Sorong to Makassar September 6th, 2018. Check in was a little chaotic and it only opens two hours prior to flight departure, however after checking in I was able to go the lounge. The lounge is pretty basic, however there were snacks available and there was a good Wi-Fi connection. The flight itself was on schedule and the onboard cabin crew were very attentive. The meal provided was good and tasty as was the service. After arrival in Sorong my baggage was ready to collect within 5 minutes of me arriving in baggage area, which I consider excellent. Overall, I was very satisfied with the services that Sriwijaya Air provided on this flight.
RouteSorong to Makassar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Sriwijaya Air never again"

Trip Verified | We booked a flight from Denpansar to Sorong with transit in Makassar. The transit was supposed to be 8.5 hours over night so we booked a transit hotel in Makassar with free cancellation until one day before. Today when we arrived at the airport we were told that our flight to Makassar had been cancelled already weeks ago and that we can take another flight 5 hours later. They insisted that they had informed us via SMS but it never arrived, other tourist had exactly the same problem. I showed them my phone for proof, still the only thing they offered was refunding the ticket so we can book with another airline. This didn’t make sense because all other options did not save us much time (especially with the luggage check-through) and were more expensive. I expected them to at least refund our hotel that we could not cancel anymore (in Europe you even get money if you have no damage claims and a delay; just for the inconvenience). They also called me but only short beforehand with an unknown number, when I tried to call back, nobody answered. In the end all we got was an indifferent apology and two boxes of plane food. Oh and the flight we got in exchange was also delayed for one hour - this time I got an SMS. Thank you Sriwijaya Air, never again.
RouteDenpasar to Sorong via Makassar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Sorong. Avoid this airline if you don't live in Jakarta! Flight was cancelled a month before scheduled departure. When I called for a refund for my Sriwijaya Air website credit card purchase, I was told that I had to go to the Jakarta main office to process a refund. As I live in the US, this is obviously a problem. No explanation why they can't just refund my credit card like a normal company. So I will spend my one day in Jakarta going to their head office--needless to say I am not optimistic I will get my US$700 back. Lesson learned--never fly Sriwijaya Air!
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownAugust 2018

"not a bad service"

Trip Verified | Flew on Sriwijaya Air from Sorong to Ujung Pandang on July 23rd. The flight took off behind schedule due to the late arrival of the incoming aircraft. The ground crew tried to turn around the plane quickly so as not to delay too further. Check in at Sorong was quick and the staff were very helpful. The flight itself was good and the cabin crew were attentive. Overall not a bad service for a low cost airline.
RouteSorong to Unjung Padang