Sriwijaya Air

"haven’t answered our request"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | We can’t believe that they have canceled the 2 trips we had with them. First to go to Borneo to Sorong and then to go from Sorong a Denpasar. They owe us more than 800€. They say they can pay up to 3 months later. But as today (2 weeks after the cancelation) they haven’t answered our request for a refund. They only want to refund one flight without the connecting ones.
RouteSorong to Denpasar
Date FlownOctober 2019

"clean and comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified |   Sorong to Jayapura. Flight left almost on time. Aircraft clean and comfortable with friendly crew and many empty seats at the back. Inflight meal only a cup of water and a little breadroll.
RouteSorong to Jayapura

"Seats were comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Manado to Sorong. Flight left about 20 mins late. Seats were comfortable, with entire empty rows at the back. A very basic breakfast of water and a spongy bread roll served.
RouteManado to Sorong

"journey went smoothly"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Ternate via Makassar with Sriwijaya Air. Both legs of the journey went smoothly. No significant delays, comfortable seats and decent hot meals provided, with a 15 kg free checked-in luggage allowance.
RouteYogyakarta to Ternate via Makassar
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Sorong to Makassar. This company is an absolute joke and I will never fly with them again. They keep modifying the schedule without letting the travellers know. Ridiculously overpriced for a domestic flight in Indonesia. Same your time, money and sanity and fly with another company!
RouteSorong to Makassar
Date FlownJuly 2019

"recommend it"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jayapura to Jakarta. I've flown with Sriwijaya Air several times even before they're under Garuda Indonesia's maintenance. And I could feel the differences before and after the merging. I love their time management and of course their meals. I would fly again with Sriwijaya Air and recommend it to my family and friends
RouteJayapura to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"hows very poor management"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | With less than 24 hours received a notification of change time of flight from 13.35 to 8.40 I tried to contact numoreous of time from noon till 8pm and still cant find answer to resolve my situation instead is either you take the condition or just refund attitude from the CS I think as customer if given reasonable reason e.g. whether condition, etc I can still accept it. But this is outregous the reason is 'rescheduled from HQ', that's it! Me as customer has to be the one cancelled my schedule work without clear reason. I feel this one of the most unfulfilling service experience a customer can get with the unprofesionalism (no call backs, I am the one who needs to call so many times to find out my status, but they did call once to 'inform'. And by the sound of it he is just a pity junior staff who cant answer anything - this shows very poor management, the call ended by promisiing I will be called back which 5 hours pass and no call backs). I wont recommend this airline at all!!
RouteBali to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"overall experience is nice"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flew from Jakarta to Makassar, my overall experience is nice, the flight is on-time, maybe because my flight is the earliest flight of the day. The staff is fine, and the flight is rather boring. But on my 2 hours and 20 minutes flight hot food was distributed. The food is rather bland but hot food is still a hot food. Overall, I could recommend. My tip for Sriwijaya is select the earliest flight out.
RouteJakarta to Makassar
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Never again"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with Sriwijaya for a 10.30am departure from Jakarta to Pontianak. I turn up at the airport at 9am, check in and then hang around. Then I notice that the flight is not actually due to depart until 11am. It was always an 11am departure and their website had got it wrong when it stated 10.30. But leaving at 11 would still get me Pontianak at 12.25. A bit tight for my meeting, but doable. So while I waited, I checked out some stats for the flight I was about to take. Over the last ten days, almost every flight was delayed. Sometimes by up to two hours. This concerned me and so I checked the whereabouts of the incoming flight. It was presently flying from Malang to Jakarta. And it was on time. So no delays. And then it lands and I’m very happy. So I wait and wait and there are lots of announcements in Indonesian (I’m a Brit) which I couldn’t understand. But I could tell my fellow passengers were a bit annoyed and so I went up to the desk. ‘I’m sorry, sir,’ said the young lady. ‘Two hour delay.’ ‘Why?’ ‘Operational reason.’ So that was that. Meeting cancelled and I didn’t bother taking the flight. When I went back to get a refund for their misery making, I received the final sting on Sriwijaya Air’s tail: instead of a full refund of 1.4 million rupiah, they gave me 541,00. Lesson learned: I should have flown Garuda rather than chancing it with these jokers. Never again.
RouteJakarta to Pontianak
Date FlownNovember 2018

"disgusted with this airline"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Palembang to Jakarta. Absolutely disgusted with this airline. I arrived at 5.00pm for my 6.40pm flight and was shocked to see it rescheduled for 9.15pm. When I spoke to the CS, they informed me that they had "just" got the information and that is the reason why nobody was informed. They directed me to their ticket office to air my complaint. There were 2 young women in there, I proceeded to ask one of them if there was an earlier flight, she said she would check and walked out. The other one quietly informed me that there was no other flight. The other one came back (as though she had consulted someone) and said she checked and there were no more flights. I then left to check in and was shocked that the BP said boarding time was 8.45pm, meaning they had known long enough to print it out on the BP. My checks revealed the plane had not been on time for the past 3 weeks. Very disappointed with the horrible service and lack of empathy.
RoutePalembang to Jakarta