Sriwijaya Air

"flights are outdated"

Trip Verified | Sorong to Makassar. This month, I flew four times with this airline and and all four times we started late. The delay was on average one hour. The flights are outdated and the food was not good either.
RouteSorong to Makassar
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Horrendous passenger relations"

(Indonesia)

Flew Jakarta to Denpasar with Sriwijaya Air. Over 7.5 hours total delay. After 2 hour delay boarded aircraft and had to return after technical problem. Waited another 4+ hours. Very little information. Horrendous passenger relations. Worst carrier in Indonesia.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownNovember 2018

"poor customer practices"

Trip Verified | This is a review to make sure everyone is aware of the poor customer practices this company uses. I was supposed to get reimbursement for my flight back in July and had to provide all my bank information to the company's customer service department so that this would be done quickly (after having to call them in person for 2-3 weeks since they wouldnt pick up a single phone call for a while). It's been 3 months now and the customer service department decided to start ignoring my emails as they still haven't paid me back while they said it would take a month for me to receive payment.
RouteDenpasar to Komodo

"I was very satisfied"

Trip Verified | Flew with Sriwijaya Air from Sorong to Makassar September 6th, 2018. Check in was a little chaotic and it only opens two hours prior to flight departure, however after checking in I was able to go the lounge. The lounge is pretty basic, however there were snacks available and there was a good Wi-Fi connection. The flight itself was on schedule and the onboard cabin crew were very attentive. The meal provided was good and tasty as was the service. After arrival in Sorong my baggage was ready to collect within 5 minutes of me arriving in baggage area, which I consider excellent. Overall, I was very satisfied with the services that Sriwijaya Air provided on this flight.
RouteSorong to Makassar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Sriwijaya Air never again"

Trip Verified | We booked a flight from Denpansar to Sorong with transit in Makassar. The transit was supposed to be 8.5 hours over night so we booked a transit hotel in Makassar with free cancellation until one day before. Today when we arrived at the airport we were told that our flight to Makassar had been cancelled already weeks ago and that we can take another flight 5 hours later. They insisted that they had informed us via SMS but it never arrived, other tourist had exactly the same problem. I showed them my phone for proof, still the only thing they offered was refunding the ticket so we can book with another airline. This didn’t make sense because all other options did not save us much time (especially with the luggage check-through) and were more expensive. I expected them to at least refund our hotel that we could not cancel anymore (in Europe you even get money if you have no damage claims and a delay; just for the inconvenience). They also called me but only short beforehand with an unknown number, when I tried to call back, nobody answered. In the end all we got was an indifferent apology and two boxes of plane food. Oh and the flight we got in exchange was also delayed for one hour - this time I got an SMS. Thank you Sriwijaya Air, never again.
RouteDenpasar to Sorong via Makassar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Sorong. Avoid this airline if you don't live in Jakarta! Flight was cancelled a month before scheduled departure. When I called for a refund for my Sriwijaya Air website credit card purchase, I was told that I had to go to the Jakarta main office to process a refund. As I live in the US, this is obviously a problem. No explanation why they can't just refund my credit card like a normal company. So I will spend my one day in Jakarta going to their head office--needless to say I am not optimistic I will get my US$700 back. Lesson learned--never fly Sriwijaya Air!
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownAugust 2018

"not a bad service"

Trip Verified | Flew on Sriwijaya Air from Sorong to Ujung Pandang on July 23rd. The flight took off behind schedule due to the late arrival of the incoming aircraft. The ground crew tried to turn around the plane quickly so as not to delay too further. Check in at Sorong was quick and the staff were very helpful. The flight itself was good and the cabin crew were attentive. Overall not a bad service for a low cost airline.
RouteSorong to Unjung Padang

"a professional attitude"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My flight with Sriwijaya Air is a connecting flight from Pontianak to Solo via Jakarta. The first flight was being delayed for 1,5 hours. The second flight is better than the first one. The flight attendant is turning on reading lamp for the passenger who is still reading when the plane is preparing to take off before the plane's light is being dimmed. It's a professional attitude from the flight attendant.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG / 737-300
RoutePontianak to Solo via Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Sriwijaya is not recommended"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. Sriwijaya is not recommended for your business/holiday trip. They reschedule my flight without my agreement. The customer service told me that it was canceled and reschedule to earlier flight. My friends bought the same flight, and their flight isn't canceled, because they have transit flight (Medan to Jakarta then Jakarta to Denpasar) so if their flight changed or reschedule, Sriwijaya will be a failure. Sriwijaya customer service very hard to be reached, in my 10th or more attempt, i just can get connected to the person (customer service). I'm really disappointed. I know there is an event on Bali on the date, i am attending it with my friends. The reasons i bought the same flight so i can together with my friends. How come people booked earlier and Sriwijaya changed the flight without my agreement.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJuly 2018

"further delayed by another 5 hours"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Sorong via Makassar. Horrible service!! The flight to Sorong was delayed by one hour in the beginning. At the time of boarding it was told that the flight was further delayed by another 5 hours! This is ridiculous. No information was given to customers before arrival at the boarding gate, to plan accordingly. Moreover due to this, my connecting transportation got missed and the airline did not agree to compensate for that.
RouteDenpasar to Sorong via Makassar