Sriwijaya Air

"this company is total joke"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Absolute disaster. First after buying e-ticket I didnt received any confirmation or e-ticket. After few emails they send me my ticket. On the airport when my luggage was on the way to airplane some woman behind counter told her colleague that we can not fly to Sorong. No closer explanation and send us away. We came to Sriwinaya office on the airport. Again no closer explanation. She just showed me picture in her phone in Indonesian language. When I translated it by my self I found out Sorong airport is closed. They asked me if I want refund but when I told them: Ok make a refund she told me oh sorry I dont know how. You have to send email. So I send email but answer was "You have to call us if you want cancel flight. So I called them 5 times. In last call they told me there will be 30 USD fee for transaction and also 15% fee for cancellation. Transaction time is 2-3 months. So I asked for some credit or maybe change date of flights but there is no other option. 15% fee and 30 USD fee is only option. For me this company is total joke.
RouteBali to Sorong
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Sriwijaya just don't care"

Trip Verified | Sorong to Ambon. I bought a flight 2 months before the departure date, and they cancelled it just one week before, with just a simple email : your flight is cancelled. 2 weeks after, no news, no refund, nothing. In conclusion Sriwijaya just don't care, they take your money and keep it.
RouteSorong to Ambon
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Stay away from this airline"

Not Verified | Siborong-Borong to Jakarta. Hotline of this one is almost impossible to reach. for 25 kg extra luggage from DTB airport to Jakarta they want 3.1 million IDR extra - more than for the original flight. if I prepay. I don't want to know how much it is when I am paying at the airport .. already cancelled the second flight with them and booked a flight with AirAsia. This was cheaper than to pay extra luggage. Stay away from this airline or just travel with max 15 kg checked-in luggage. We are doing 12 months world trip so not possible for us.
RouteSiborong-Borong to Jakarta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"haven’t answered our request"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | We can’t believe that they have canceled the 2 trips we had with them. First to go to Borneo to Sorong and then to go from Sorong a Denpasar. They owe us more than 800€. They say they can pay up to 3 months later. But as today (2 weeks after the cancelation) they haven’t answered our request for a refund. They only want to refund one flight without the connecting ones.
RouteSorong to Denpasar
Date FlownOctober 2019

"clean and comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified |   Sorong to Jayapura. Flight left almost on time. Aircraft clean and comfortable with friendly crew and many empty seats at the back. Inflight meal only a cup of water and a little breadroll.
RouteSorong to Jayapura

"Seats were comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Manado to Sorong. Flight left about 20 mins late. Seats were comfortable, with entire empty rows at the back. A very basic breakfast of water and a spongy bread roll served.
RouteManado to Sorong

"journey went smoothly"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Ternate via Makassar with Sriwijaya Air. Both legs of the journey went smoothly. No significant delays, comfortable seats and decent hot meals provided, with a 15 kg free checked-in luggage allowance.
RouteYogyakarta to Ternate via Makassar
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Sorong to Makassar. This company is an absolute joke and I will never fly with them again. They keep modifying the schedule without letting the travellers know. Ridiculously overpriced for a domestic flight in Indonesia. Same your time, money and sanity and fly with another company!
RouteSorong to Makassar
Date FlownJuly 2019

"recommend it"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jayapura to Jakarta. I've flown with Sriwijaya Air several times even before they're under Garuda Indonesia's maintenance. And I could feel the differences before and after the merging. I love their time management and of course their meals. I would fly again with Sriwijaya Air and recommend it to my family and friends
RouteJayapura to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"hows very poor management"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | With less than 24 hours received a notification of change time of flight from 13.35 to 8.40 I tried to contact numoreous of time from noon till 8pm and still cant find answer to resolve my situation instead is either you take the condition or just refund attitude from the CS I think as customer if given reasonable reason e.g. whether condition, etc I can still accept it. But this is outregous the reason is 'rescheduled from HQ', that's it! Me as customer has to be the one cancelled my schedule work without clear reason. I feel this one of the most unfulfilling service experience a customer can get with the unprofesionalism (no call backs, I am the one who needs to call so many times to find out my status, but they did call once to 'inform'. And by the sound of it he is just a pity junior staff who cant answer anything - this shows very poor management, the call ended by promisiing I will be called back which 5 hours pass and no call backs). I wont recommend this airline at all!!
RouteBali to Jakarta