SriLankan Airlines

"value for the money paid"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Phnom Penh via Singapore. Punctuality of the airline is commendable. The food was delicious with different options for economy class passengers. Beverages were served more than three times for a 4 hr flight. Comfortable seats, enough leg space and entertainment with new features are improving. Highly recommend this airline and ensure value for the money paid.
RouteColombo to Phnom Penh via Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Business just 3 seats full"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Dubai and the same 321neo as per Dubai Colombo flight around 20 days back. Business was just 3 seats full though economy was packed. Crew in business were friendly and efficient. Food at their lounge was fantastic and onboard wasn't too bad. Didn't make use of their onboard Wi-Fi but their IFE was enough for me. Only drawback was a major portion of the flight was severe turbulence that led to a seriously tiresome after flight which isn't a fault of the airline.
AircraftA321Neo
RouteColombo to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"made my entire journey pleasant and memorable"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I travelled to Doha from Colombo on the 17th July, UL 217. As I settled into my seat, I informed the stewardess, that I suffer from sinus problems and requested a box of tissues and a blanket. I was surprised how she catered to my request immediately. She was also proactive enough to offer me a glass of warm water. The hospitality did not end there, just before take off she also brought me a cup of lemon tea. I have been a frequent traveller for past 14 years and only experienced such service in business class. This made my entire journey pleasant and memorable.
RouteColombo to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2019

"ample legroom and comfort"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Colombo. The new A321neo with ample legroom and comfort. Their IFE isn't too bad as I managed to catch up with a movie and 3 episodes of my favorite TV shows. I did not avail their onboard WiFi. The crew are warm, friendly and efficient. Only complain is their ground handling agent DNATA in Dubai who's attitude towards business is beyond mediocre as they let Economy Passengers Queue in with Business and didn't do anything till I had given them a fistful.
AircraftA321neo
RouteDubai to Colombo

"extremely rude staff"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Colombo with SriLankan Airlines. Extremely dirty, trash in the aisle which never got cleaned up, extremely rude staff and when I asked for a glass of wine with the food I was told there was no wine left even though no one in front of me had ordered any. The steward fell asleep during landing, worst airline I have ever flown with.
RouteBahrain to Colombo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Cabin crew were great"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Melbourne. Late night departure. Dinner was offered but I choose to sleep as soon as seat belt sign was off. Cabin crew were great, movie selection could be a bit better with new releases and movies weighted towards Bollywood and S Asian movies. Breakfast served before landing . Overall very happy with service, seat comfort and food. Toilets clean. Only minor feedback, blanket could be a bit thicker and mattress would be good. Lounge in Colombo good , especially the food offerings. No complaints and would fly again
AircraftA330-300
RouteColombo to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2019

"never fly SriLankan Airlines again"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Colombo. Perhaps the worst airline I have ever flown. We booked 4 tickets for our family, 2 business class for adults, 2 economy for teenagers. Although we are priority pass members and my husband a platinum oneworld member the customer service at the airlines would not allow all 4 of us to use lounge facilities. Only 3 were allowed. We offered to pay for the 4th (child) but this was also not allowed. Instead they suggested we all head to the Lotus lounge where all 4 of us would need to pay. They were rude with all transactions and have a distinct ‘don’t care’ attitude. I will never fly SriLankan Airlines again. Their rude approach to us was unnecessary and offensive. At a time when visitors to Sri Lanka might be encouraged I suggest you use another airline if you’re looking to visit. We certainly will not be returning and will never pay fir a seat on SriLankan Airlines again.
RouteMelbourne to Colombo
Date FlownJuly 2019

"carry on bag is too big!

Trip Verified | Delhi to Melbourne via Colombo. I booked this airline for my parents . Airline staff asked them to pay Rs 10000/- on boarding time and they said the carry on bag is too big size and can’t be carry as carry bag and they have to put in Luggage. After they have received the Rs 10000/- they allowed them to put same size of bag in cabin as carry bag. They did not provide any wheelchair assistance to my parents even I sent to them medical report with form as email more than two months before signed by my mothers doctor she can’t walk for long time. I would never book with this airline in future.
RouteDelhi to Melbourne via Colombo

"provide bad service"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Trivandrum. I paid equivalent to USD 236 for 35 minute flight. No refreshing paper tissue given. Meal was pastry in cardboard box and glass of apple juice. No choice. Asked for glass of water which I never got. This is not the first time I found SriLankan airlines provide bad service. But this was my worst experience.
RouteColombo to Trivandrum
Date FlownMay 2019

"reached the gate 5 mins after it closed"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Melbourne via Colombo. I reached the gate 5 mins after it closed. But the staff didn't let me board and had pulled out my luggage from the aircraft. The ground manager didn't give me an opportunity to explain my situation neither tried to get me on to the flight, where I think there was a still a chance for me to board. No staff was of any help, they made fun of me for missing the flight and nobody there was giving any information on what must be done next. They took my passport and my boarding pass and didn't return for long. I was standing there looking at what to do. I was stranded at the airport without knowing what is happening. I was advised to get new tickets and then they would tag my luggage to the new ticket. This is all the information I got and on repeatedly asking them to guide me. I requested them to assist me at least to the Singapore airline’s kiosk, to get the information on their flights as I could see there was one available seat on their flight, but they mentioned: “there is no kiosk at transit and Transfer service can’t provide any additional information.” I requested them to provide me with accommodation for that night, they had no answer for that. I was a single traveller, missed the flight stranded in the airport and don’t know where to stay that night, need to re-book a new flight with real bad airport Wi-Fi and no flight is available until next day, staff being unemphatic about my situation. I had to pay double the price for my new ticket and take a longer route to reach Melbourne. This is experience is unforgettable and the way I was treated.
RouteBangalore to Melbourne via Colombo