SriLankan Airlines

"rude cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Melbourne. Flight departed one hour late without explanation, then rude cabin crew demanded windows be shut despite the fact that it was dark outside and everyone was awake for the meal service. They announced we could use the overhead reading light, which I did however, they turned it off without even asking me or looking at me reading! Really not happy that they felt so entitled, I wouldn’t mind if they had just asked me. I suggest that the airline offers eyemasks instead. Furthermore, the timing of the meals appeared to try to minimise the amount of work the cabin crew had to do - as it did not line up with the time in either the destination or origin. for example, we were served “dinner” at 3 am Colombo time and nothing until “breakfast” at 5 pm Melbourne time just before landing. Apart from that they just kept it dark and hid from the passengers. Bring your own food and entertainment.
RouteColombo to Melbourne

"Very friendly crew"

Trip Verified | London to Colombo. SriLankan provides best economy class experience. Cabin service, entertainment system and spacious leg room a big plus. Very friendly crew, with smiles felt really comfortable in a long flight. Air hostess Ayeshmanthi one the best I ever seen in industry.
RouteLondon to Colombo

"terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Mumbai to Colombo. Absolutely terrible customer service. After arriving in Sri Lanka I was told my baggage had not made it. I filled out all of the appropriate paperwork at the airport and was left halfway across the world with nothing but a backpack. My bags did not arrive until 3 days later on the evening of December 14th. In the meantime I purchased a few articles of clothing to hold me over. After submitting my receipts for around $200 US (or $50 US a day) I received a response that Sri Lankan Airlines was offering $22 US dollars for all 3 days of missing baggage. Yes, less than $8 dollars a day. I reached out multiple times after denying their settlement with detailed receipts, credit card statements, etc but they have completely stopped responding. Whatever you may save on flight costs you will absolutely regret from customer.
RouteMumbai to Colombo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"The hard product was sound"

Trip Verified | Check in at LHR was fine 3.5 hours prior to departure. Security quick. SriLankan don’t have their own lounge but was able to use the BA and Qantas lounges. Both were fine easy to get shower in BA lounge. The Quantas lounge was more spacious. Flight boarding was fine, welcome with usual fare. The hard product was sound, good chair / lie flat. Movies good and wide selection. Dinner service bit disorganised but the food (chicken curry) was good. I slept well. The big issue with this flight is the very tight connection time (40 mins). I expected the worst especially as we had a 20 minute delay. They did fine. Off the London flight and staff directed us to the next flight which waited for us. Our baggage made it too. Overall, I would use again.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Male via Colombo

"worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Colombo to Dubai. I encountered the worst experience ever. If you're travelling with kids please do not book this airline. When I requested a bassinet for my 8 month old they refused it initially, telling me that the bassinet will be too small, but in reality it fit my baby perfectly. The staff have a major attitude and they are thinking it’s giving from their hand or pocket.
RouteColombo to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I expected more competence from the staff"

Trip Verified | I had placed a bid for an upgrade to business class and was notified that my bid was 'under review' for the last 4 days (since the 18 January). On the day of my flight (23 January at 01.10), only when I went to check in did the airline decide to reveal to me that my bid was not accepted. Additionally, as a British Airways silver executive club member, I was told by the SriLankan Airlines staff that I did not have access to the relevant lounge. Even when I showed my executive club card, which shows my executive status, the staff member still did not allow me access. Only when I explained to the member what silver status means did he accept fault and provide me with the relevant lounge voucher. Furthermore, on the way to Colombo (from Chennai) the staff had allowed passengers to unreasonably extend their chair back and to remove their shoes (allow passengers to be barefoot) and raise their feet within the vision range of passengers behind them. As an airline that is within the same group as Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways and British Airways, I expected more competence from the staff and more foresight for the comfort of other passengers. I am extremely disappointed with the service this airline offers and am appalled by the way staff have been trained.
RouteColombo to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Bahrain. I encountered the worst experience ever. If you're travelling with kids please do not book this airline. When I requested a bassinet for my 10 month old they refused it initially, telling that the bassinet will be too small, but in reality it fit my baby perfectly. The staff has a major attitude and they are not flexible. I carried an umbrealla stroller (stroller met airline cabin specifications) to the aircraft and the staff collected it promising to return it back in the transit. They assured many times that my stroller will be handed it over as we land in Bahrain for my connecting flight since we had a long layover. But for our surprise in Bahrain they never returned it to us but has sent it to the final destination. Why would staff be so irresponsible after confirming their word?
RouteColombo to Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Could not fault on board service"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Melbourne. Overall was great, overcrowded business class lounge at Colombo is points off. Colombo Airport is no longer big enough for the amount of passengers at peak times and the Business Class lounge reflects this, at 11pm was totally full, no spare seats and was noisy and in need of cleaning. Could not fault on board service, crew warm, responsive and nothing was too much trouble.
RouteColombo to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"staff are so polite and attentive"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | I am a frequent traveler with SriLankan Airlines and I travel almost 5 to 6 times every year. New and very clean. Seating was good with loads of legroom. Their staff are so polite and attentive. The way they deliver food and drinks is not rushed, they are calm and patient. As an economy traveller I didn't expect the first class service. With there Frequent Flyer Programme you can earn and redeem FlySmiLes miles whenever you travel, whether with SriLankan Airlines or one world member airlines, The more you fly, the more benefits and rewards you'll enjoy. Can't wait to travel again with this Airline.
RouteColombo to Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Be very careful when booking"

Trip Verified | Be very careful when booking direct flight with SriLankan Airlines. I booked a return flight from London to Colombo for the 17th January 2020 for my wife and I. They proceed to take for the flight twice £1,145 Plus they have added an admin fee £252. I booked the flight on the 12th December and once I found out what they did, I have been trying to get my money back by emailing them six times and have placed eight calls to there non existent customer service. The fraud section of MBNA credit company has now intervene and is pursuing SriLankan Airlines for the refund they have not respond or issued a refund to date Monday 6th January.
RouteLondon to Colombo