SriLankan Airlines

"SriLankan Airlines never again"

Trip Verified | London to Male via Colombo. On our way from Heathrow to Male we discovered that the plug for the earphones is broken. Reported it to the staff but they have not even tried to sit us somewhere else saying the plane was full. On our way back same plane same seat the plug was still not fixed - 2 times 10,5 hrs flight with no entertainment. The staff was rude not even mentioning that apart from the pre ordered special meal they did not provide any gluten free snack for me between meal times making me starved throughout the whole journey (I am coeliac not a fashion dieter). Got in contact with customer services who only reply to our emails once a month and their only way of compensating us a $50 voucher only valid for a year and only on theirs services on board. Well no thank you! After this experience I will never even consider booking with SriLankan Airlines ever again.
RouteLondon to Male via Colombo
Date FlownMay 2018

"very good value for money"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Dubai via Colombo on A321 and A330-200 respectively. Arrived from Kuala Lumpur by Malaysia Airlines; checked in online and wasted time as the BPs evt. Said: “This is NOT a boarding pass. Airport Authorities require you obtain a Boarding Pass at the Airport Check–in counter. Counters close 1 hour prior to schedule departure”. Thus, I eventually had to line up in Jakarta where I got BPs from the ordinary check-in desk. In CGK there are no transit counters for Sri Lankan (maybe if you arrive Terminal 2?). I arrived T3 by other OW carrier (MH) and had to proceed to T2 which forced me to leave transit area, get a transit visa, pass immigration, customs, security, collect luggage and go by public transport to T2 as starting a new journey. Check-in opened only 3 hours before departure. Additional time prior to that is just wasted in check-in area. Thus, the Oneworld seamless experience is completely messed up like two alien airlines in two different airports. Check-in eventually was very cooperative except they ask for CC validation – I thought most (all?) airlines have dropped that. The payment for the trip was drawn 6 moths prior to the travel so wonder why they insist on CC-checks. The lounge provided in T2 is Pura Indah, a very stuffy, depressing place with substandard food and no views nor even a single window in the interior. They have no alcoholic drinks apart from 1 brand of cheapest local beer, Anker. Onboard Sri Lankan, as for both legs, I had a top notch experience and caring from fresh, proactive, observant, jolly (flirtatious?), and neat FA’s. Food was excellent and well presented with extensive menu cards and drink lists provided on both legs. Take off champagne good. Wines were casual but 5 brands offered. A wonderful experience in the air. Smooth transit in CMB. Punctual flights. Good IFE entertainment. I think the A321 is excellent for dayflights. The last leg was on A330-300 with nice sleeper seats. Here, four dishes were offered on their menu cards. I could only manage two of them. Both were very tasty. Warmly recommend this airline, very good value for money. Paid three, almost four times less than what I should have paid going by Emirates or Qatar on the same routing
AircraftA321 / A330-200
RouteJakarta to Dubai via Colombo

"kindly and helpful"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Singapore in business class sector. Onboard I got sick and the cabin crew was kindness and helpful to me and without hesitating they did an excellent job. I am pleased they are kindly and helpful to their clients.
RouteColombo to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Cabin crew are friendly"

Trip Verified | Male to Heathrow via Colombo. Cabin crew are friendly, very attentive to yours needs. Entertainment system was good, good choice of films and games. Food was lovely, plenty of it! However was a little on the spicy side! We even got a roll on the 1hr Male to Colombo flight! Connection was really easy, and all flights were on time! Seats would have been beneficial with a little extra room - although loved the 2-4-2 layout! Overall, enjoyable flight and would fly again!
RouteMale to Heathrow via Colombo
Date FlownOctober 2018

"appreciate the cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Trivandrum to Dubai via Colombo. I need to appreciate the cabin crew. Flight was extremely full on UL225 which operates Colombo to Dubai in both Business and Economy, in spite of heavy requests from different people the staff done there job with professionalism and patience. I was in 1A on Business class and the staff has taken care with my request without any hesitation.
RouteTrivandrum to Dubai via Colombo

"flight was excellent"

Trip Verified | I was traveling from Coimbatore to Dubai via Colombo. The flight which I taken from SriLanka was excellent, good staff, excellent good work. Indian airline staffs should take lesson from them. Really appreciated.
RouteCoimbatore to Dubai via Colombo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I was very disappointed"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Colombo. I was very disappointed with this flight. Travelling at 20 weeks pregnant with twins on a 10 hour 45 min flight and we are sat in seats knowingly before take off that there is a technical issue and that all seats from ours at 50 to the back of the plane had no power. We couldn’t watch tv, I could not call for assistance, charge any devices and was travelling with a teenager also. The flight was absolutely freezing and everyone who went to the toilet and stood by our seats commented on how much colder it was where we were. I asked for extra blankets on 3 occasions and none came. I could not sleep as I was so cold. On a night flight while pregnant none of this was comfortable or good for my health.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Colombo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"satisfied with the service"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Colombo. Flew economy class from Dhaka-Colombo-Dhaka. We wanted a direct flight and Srilankan was the cheapest option. Although little more expensive than the usual, we were rather satisfied with the service. Flight was on time. The cabin was clean and they had good collection of English/Bollywood films. Our 3 hour flight was not boring. The staff always had a smile and were very friendly. I quite liked their food - we were served lunch on board with options for veg and non-veg. We took the non-veg chicken dish and although it had a distinct Srilankan flavour, it was tasty. Do not expect restaurant quality meal but it should suffice for the journey. After our departure we realised we had left our passports in the airplane. When we informed a staff member at the check-in gate, she literally ran to the airplane and returned with our passports with a big smile. Very impressed with staff behaviour! Will definitely fly again.
RouteDhaka to Colombo
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not support you in ground staff"

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Chennai via Colombo. If everything goes well, this flight is okay. If you have some correction in your booking they will not support you in ground staff unless you buy ticket from direct airlines. I won't recommend for an emergency travel with this flight. What ever less price ticket I will never purchase this airline ticket again..
RouteKuwait to Chennai via Colombo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"service was horrible"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Jakarta. This flight was overbooked by a large number and many passengers including me couldn't board the flight despite being early. I had a direct Colombo to Jakarta flight, however I was asked to fly via KL which added another 4 hours travel time. The service was horrible.
RouteColombo to Jakarta