SriLankan Airlines

"ample legroom and comfort"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Colombo. The new A321neo with ample legroom and comfort. Their IFE isn't too bad as I managed to catch up with a movie and 3 episodes of my favorite TV shows. I did not avail their onboard WiFi. The crew are warm, friendly and efficient. Only complain is their ground handling agent DNATA in Dubai who's attitude towards business is beyond mediocre as they let Economy Passengers Queue in with Business and didn't do anything till I had given them a fistful.
AircraftA321neo
RouteDubai to Colombo
Date FlownJuly 2019

"extremely rude staff"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Colombo with SriLankan Airlines. Extremely dirty, trash in the aisle which never got cleaned up, extremely rude staff and when I asked for a glass of wine with the food I was told there was no wine left even though no one in front of me had ordered any. The steward fell asleep during landing, worst airline I have ever flown with.
RouteBahrain to Colombo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Cabin crew were great"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Melbourne. Late night departure. Dinner was offered but I choose to sleep as soon as seat belt sign was off. Cabin crew were great, movie selection could be a bit better with new releases and movies weighted towards Bollywood and S Asian movies. Breakfast served before landing . Overall very happy with service, seat comfort and food. Toilets clean. Only minor feedback, blanket could be a bit thicker and mattress would be good. Lounge in Colombo good , especially the food offerings. No complaints and would fly again
AircraftA330-300
RouteColombo to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2019

"never fly SriLankan Airlines again"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Colombo. Perhaps the worst airline I have ever flown. We booked 4 tickets for our family, 2 business class for adults, 2 economy for teenagers. Although we are priority pass members and my husband a platinum oneworld member the customer service at the airlines would not allow all 4 of us to use lounge facilities. Only 3 were allowed. We offered to pay for the 4th (child) but this was also not allowed. Instead they suggested we all head to the Lotus lounge where all 4 of us would need to pay. They were rude with all transactions and have a distinct ‘don’t care’ attitude. I will never fly SriLankan Airlines again. Their rude approach to us was unnecessary and offensive. At a time when visitors to Sri Lanka might be encouraged I suggest you use another airline if you’re looking to visit. We certainly will not be returning and will never pay fir a seat on SriLankan Airlines again.
RouteMelbourne to Colombo
Date FlownJuly 2019

"carry on bag is too big!

Trip Verified | Delhi to Melbourne via Colombo. I booked this airline for my parents . Airline staff asked them to pay Rs 10000/- on boarding time and they said the carry on bag is too big size and can’t be carry as carry bag and they have to put in Luggage. After they have received the Rs 10000/- they allowed them to put same size of bag in cabin as carry bag. They did not provide any wheelchair assistance to my parents even I sent to them medical report with form as email more than two months before signed by my mothers doctor she can’t walk for long time. I would never book with this airline in future.
RouteDelhi to Melbourne via Colombo

"provide bad service"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Trivandrum. I paid equivalent to USD 236 for 35 minute flight. No refreshing paper tissue given. Meal was pastry in cardboard box and glass of apple juice. No choice. Asked for glass of water which I never got. This is not the first time I found SriLankan airlines provide bad service. But this was my worst experience.
RouteColombo to Trivandrum
Date FlownMay 2019

"reached the gate 5 mins after it closed"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Melbourne via Colombo. I reached the gate 5 mins after it closed. But the staff didn't let me board and had pulled out my luggage from the aircraft. The ground manager didn't give me an opportunity to explain my situation neither tried to get me on to the flight, where I think there was a still a chance for me to board. No staff was of any help, they made fun of me for missing the flight and nobody there was giving any information on what must be done next. They took my passport and my boarding pass and didn't return for long. I was standing there looking at what to do. I was stranded at the airport without knowing what is happening. I was advised to get new tickets and then they would tag my luggage to the new ticket. This is all the information I got and on repeatedly asking them to guide me. I requested them to assist me at least to the Singapore airline’s kiosk, to get the information on their flights as I could see there was one available seat on their flight, but they mentioned: “there is no kiosk at transit and Transfer service can’t provide any additional information.” I requested them to provide me with accommodation for that night, they had no answer for that. I was a single traveller, missed the flight stranded in the airport and don’t know where to stay that night, need to re-book a new flight with real bad airport Wi-Fi and no flight is available until next day, staff being unemphatic about my situation. I had to pay double the price for my new ticket and take a longer route to reach Melbourne. This is experience is unforgettable and the way I was treated.
RouteBangalore to Melbourne via Colombo
Date FlownJune 2019

"service provided with a smile"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Male. If you compare SriLankan Airlines to premium airlines in terms of sophistication, they have a lot to gain, but in terms of hospitality, Sri Lankan should be on top. Check in was great, with no queues, and their lounge at BIA serves meals with good quality wine (including sparkling) and snacks. The seat / cabin was okay, and the food served on board looked a bit tired. However, the service was provided with a smile.
RouteColombo to Male

"a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Chennai. We booked a business class ticket and was given an economy class ticket, when asked at the business class custom care desk in Colombo they replied with an attitude, if you're down graded ask for a refund from your agent. This was a rude way of answer. And they even replied "the flight didn't have a business class on the aircraft" On entering the aircraft we were shocked and, asked the air hostess for a reason and they asked us to go and find out from the ground staff. This is a terrible experience and I will never travel in this airline again.
RouteColombo to Chennai
Date FlownMay 2019

"pleasant staff and decent food"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Doha. This is the second segment of my flight from Jakarta to Doha, transiting through Colombo. The reason I break it to 2 reviews because of different aircraft types and ground service experience. This A330-300 was equipped with reverse herringbone 1-2-1 seat configuration, generally my favorite as a solo traveler. However, the seat cushion was not as comfortable as on the earlier A330-200. Boarding was a bit less than ideal. CMB has security checkpoints right before the holding room at departure gates, which was a norm at many other airports. However, despite of a sign noting that business class passengers got priority screening, there was no dedicated line, and everyone was trying to squeeze through a narrow doorway to get to the screening machine. The holding room was tight with no WC and not enough seats. In-flight experience was similar to the CGK-CMB flight, meaning pleasant staff and decent food. The flight departed on-time. Overall, I'd pick this airline again considering its attractive price.
AircraftA330-300