Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Worst airline! 2 hour delay leaving Houston arrived in Vegas at almost 2 am and still had to wait almost 30 minutes before bags were available. Horrible very inconsiderate of customers.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have absolutely no intentions of flying with Spirit Airlines in the future. Yes the price was much better than other airlines however the overall trip was not worth it. I should have changed my mind after I saw their website. It looked like something my 2nd grader did for a class project. The site did not include a phone number either. I had to get the number through CheapoAir which is the site through which I booked the trip. The seats did not recline (not even an inch). Those 'big seats' they mention are only a little larger than the average seat. The food selection was very limited and costly ($3 for water). $50 for checked or carry-on (yes you have to pay for a carry-on). This is $50 both ways. I will admit the crew were very funny and nice. But not funny enough to get me to fly with them again. By the way my trip was from Philadelphia to Dallas.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight #310 - LAX to Ft. Lauderdale 8/2/14. If I could give them 0/10 I would. Simply awful airline. There is a reason they are this cheap. Terrible incompetent personnel. They don't care about their customers. Made is sit in the airport for over 10 hours then cancelled the follow on flight. Refused to pay for our accommodation then nickel and dimed us for even the cab to a hotel.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I booked a trip with Spirit because of the price and then read the reviews and was very scared. I couldn't have been more happily surprised! Our trip was completely excellent. The stewardesses were very professional. There was an inflight medical issue and they were fantastic. We were on time both ways in fact slightly early. No glitches anywhere. The seats were not small - we had better seats than previously on American they did recline and the headrests folded to where you could nap. We flew for less than half of other airlines including the cost for our bags. If you know going in that it's going to cost $25 for a carry on at the time of booking do it then! If you wait until check-in it's $35 and if you wait until you get to the airport surprise! - it's now $100. Pack light and you will know ahead of time that there are no complimentary snacks or drinks. We will fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit Airlines is of course the budget carrier in the US however I was slightly unaware when I booked through cheaptickets just how budget it was. The plane tickets were a few hundred dollars less for our international trip however we were charged to check our bags. We had to pay forty dollars per bag to get them to our destination and then on the way home we had to pay forty dollars a bag twice because Spirit decided the last flight of our trip home (same city we departed from) was a separate trip and we would have to pay a second time to get our bags all the way home. Couple this with the fact that they did not allow any online check in so we had to be at the airport two hours early as well as the fact that you do not even receive a seat assignment when purchasing a ticket you are basically a standby passenger. You have to buy seats just to sit with the person you are travelling with then if you don't want your knees jammed into the person in front of you you have to pay for a larger seat as well. Coming back from Peru we were not allowed to bring our own water on the plane and Spirit is the only carrier that charges for water so on a 6 hour flight we were only allowed to drink water if we purchased it from Spirit. After all was said and done the additional costs more than balanced out any savings we received at the beginning and we had a fair longer flight time and itinerary do to it originally "saving us money". No TVs or entertainment so you better have something on your laptop or phone although there will be nowhere to fit it on the plane and carry on baggage costs more than checked.

Spirit Airlines customer review

BWI to Cancun with a stop in Ft. Lauderdale return. They nickel and dime customers even checking in at the airport cost money. They charge for everything except a purse size personal item. Not even a cup of water. Seats don't recline and they say so they can add more seats to keep fares low but they are not low even higher than others after you pay all the fees. Flights were delayed attendants were ok but some were very rude. The checked bag can't be over 40lbs which is 10 less than other airlines. I will never travel this airline again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew Spirit for the first time this past weekend and to say the trip was a disaster is an understatement. Naturally most customers choose Spirit because it "appears" to be more economical. However if you do a true cost comparison with other airlines there is no real savings. I paid $47 to check a bag was told that it just barely made the weight allowance - 40lbs most airlines it is 50 lbs. I was shocked when I noticed the signs at the gate which charged $100 for a carry-on this was simply incredulous! Once on board did not realize the seats do not recline very uncomfortable for a flight across the country. You have to purchase standard items water and soda? You have to pay to select your seat and pay to have your boarding pass printed. My luggage was lost and at this current time they still don't know where it is located - 24 hours later. I checked it at the ticket counter after paying $42 please note that it was 5 bucks less because I added the bag online for my return. The representative that filed the loss luggage claim even commented that Spirit always has problems. Do not fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

By far the worst flight experience I ever had. The service was terrible. The seats are great if you are no bigger than 3 by 2 feet. It was so uncomfortable I am 5"6 and I barely had any leg room I could barely fit a purse between my legs. Good airlines at least give complimentary drinks we had to pay 3 dollars for a mini water bottle! There were no magazines and my row did not get sick bags. The worst however is that Spirit only allows you to bring one carry on and any extra will be an extra charge of 100 dollars on the spot! The ticket price was only a bit cheaper than others but the quality was a huge difference everything looked like it was much cheaper!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Absolutely terrible airline like riding a ragged city bus in the sky. Uncomfortable seats no leg room and rattled more than any other plane I've experienced. Extra fees everywhere. We booked a month in advance and were told they could not check us in because cut off had passed by 2 minutes after they had us standing in line for over 20 minutes. We had to wait 6 six hours for another flight. Ft. Lauderdale Airport is some what responsible as well their facility is a disaster. Spend a little extra and go with an airline that doesn't have hidden fees and pathetic customer service at every turn. They will never get another penny from our family.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We have flown Spirit out of Detroit to Florida (several cities) in the past and have had good experiences. I totally understand why they charge for carry-ons because too many people bring oversized bags and hog the overhead bins. Spirit doesn't charge for Personal bags (smaller than a carry-on) and you can get more than enough in a personal bag. The night before our flight we picked our seats online and check 1 large bag for 3 of us. The people who show up at the airport unprepared should only be angry at themselves. We have priced other airlines and even with seat selection and luggage fees Spirit still comes out on top. The check-in staff and boarding staff have all been friendly and helpful too.