Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

LAX to San Jose Costa Rica with a layover in Ft. Lauderdale. The worst experience on all fronts. Checked-in at the counter as I wasn't sure if my bag was one that I would have to pay for. He told me that as long as I put my purse in my carry-on and only had one item I would be fine. I showed him my bag and he confirmed that I would not be charged for it. However when boarding in Ft. Lauderdale I was stopped by one of their employees who asked me if I paid for my bag. I told her no she asked me if I had used the overhead compartment on my way there and I said yes. She informed me that if I planned to use an overhead bin then I would need to pay them $100 immediately or I would not be able to bring my bag on my flight. I ended up paying the $100 in order to board my flight and I was made to feel like the whole thing was my fault - it was terrible. On the way back home my friend and I decided to go online the night before as we were told that if we pay online we only have to pay $30. When we went to pay their website told us that we were not eligible to make payments at that time. So we still ended up having to pay $50 at the airport check in. Even if that baggage fiasco hadn't happen this flight still would have been awful. The seats are the airline equivalent of plastic picnic chairs and you have to pay for water (even if your flight is 5hrs long). Coming home from San Jose after going through security my friend decided to fill her plastic water bottle so that she could have a little for the flight. Before boarding they announced that they were going to re-search our bags and that we would have to dump out all liquids that we were carrying my friend didn't think that they would actually prevent her from bringing airport water on to the flight but when they checked her bag they told her she either had to dump it or chug it. She chugged it. It is clear that every thing Spirit does is an extra attempt to take more money from you. I understand that they offer affordable flights but it is not worth all of the extra out-of-pocket cash and stress that they cause. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

This is by far the worst airline I have ever had the displeasure of flying. When I flew to Boston less than a month earlier with Delta the experience was great unfortunately this time Spirit airlines has made not want to travel for a long time to come. When I flew with Delta the flight left and arrived at the same airports yet it was 100$ less with Delta. Also a carry on drinks and snacks were all complimentary with Delta. With Spirit a carry on (not check in that's more) costs 50$ each way if you pay online and $100 each way if you pay at the gate a small water bottle costs 3$ and poor quality snacks even more. The worst part was when I checked the flight status before heading to the airport the flight said on time. When I got here I found out that it would be almost 6 hours late. Even now over an hour and a half after the scheduled departure time the Spirit airlines website is still showing that the flight is on time. When Delta left late they apologized and offered complimentary drinks and snacks while we waited Spirit airline hardly has an attendant at the counter and when he is here he's on the phone making personal calls.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit has no standard operating procedures. I traveled from Houston to Orlando from Sept. 6th to Sept. 10th. I had the típica carry on suitcase that fits on the overhead compartment. Leaving Houston I was able to get on the plane free of charge. When I got to the gate at the Orlando Airport I was notified that I had to pay for the bag. I expressed to the gate supervisor that I was not charge at Houston airport and questioned him as of why I had to pay. He expressed that it was not their fault that Houston was not doing their job properly. He had no empathy towards me and or the couple that had the same situation beside me.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Hands down the worst airline I have every flown on - small seats and horrible customer service. Marketing and charges are deceptive and intended to confuse. Never fly with Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I traveled from Ft Lauderdale to Detroit and the flight was fine uncomfortable airplane but for the price what can you do. On the way back to Fort Lauderdale the flight was delayed for 3 hours? I will never flight with Spirit again even with free tickets!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Ft. Lauderdale Sep 4 flight 657 to New Orleans and departed Flight 680 Sep 5 from New Orleans to Ft.Lauderdale. This airline is the worst. I have flown many airlines and have never had such a bad flying experience. The staff were very rude and all the unexpected fees doubled my price. It is no savings with a small carry on at $50 dollars and if I want to sit by my child had to pay $18 dollars for seats together. So my payment went up $136 each way.. not so great the plane smelled fowl and seats are cramped and very uncomfortable. Make sure you book a massage the next day you will need it.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I am normally an American Airlines passenger and vowed to never stray from them. However when planning my trip to Vegas from Dallas Spirit had the best arrival time and departure time for me. So I decided to give Spirit a try. I as well as others heard a lot of negative things about Spirit but I like to try things out for myself and give my own opinion of the airline. I must say I did read all there were to read about Spirit so that I wouldn't be caught with unexpected "price" surprises. I must say that even though the flight was tight as far as room I enjoyed the airline. Yes they do charge for choosing more leg rooms luggage and snacks but overall it was worth the money that I paid. Checking in and checking baggage were no problem. Spirit also sent emails informing me of my flight status. I just might give them a try again for my future trip.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Not sure how this airline is still around with the abysmal service and ridiculous delays. Flight to Chicago from Boston two days ago delayed by 3 hours. Today the return flight is delayed for three and a half and counting. Not weather delay mind you. Please avoid this airline. Not worth the meagre fare savings.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Economy flight is economy service do not expect US Airways first class service for a fraction of the price. Seats are uncomfortable no entertaining system in the headrest no free drinks user payer system bare fare smaller size and lighter weight allowance for luggage. There is still an economy. We had the choice driving down to Florida from Quebec with two young kids and two adults for holiday or flying from Plattsburgh and rent a car. There was only a $200 total difference counting meals and motels plus 6 days of driving back and forth. So we took this. Expect a slow service and read all user rules and conditions and you will be satisfied. For sure if you do not read that the registered item is max 40 pounds and you bring a 45 pounds item you will be charged with no exceptions because its cheaper for the rest. Read what you agree to buy before buying and there will be no or not many complains.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My wife and I flew Spirit from Las Vegas to Houston Texas in Feb 2014. It was so cramped it felt like we were in a sardine can. I just read in the news that Spirit is the cheapest on leg room in the entire industry and that on an Airbus 320 they pack 178 passengers into the plane while United only packs in 138 passengers. Spirit charge for everything. We will never fly Spirit again.