Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

I just booked my third round-trip flight from San Diego to Portland Oregon. Rt 89.00. I don't take any luggage and go with standard seating. The flight is direct 2.5 hrs. All personnel were very attentive. Three day trip to see my new granddaughter. No entertainment but I bring my tablet.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew Spirit during the holidays from Chicago to Phoenix. I can appreciate that delays happen especially given the holidays and the winter weather. However how they handled it was horrible. We boarded on time and were asked to immediately turn off our phones half an hour goes by and we are told that we are waiting on the pilot. Another 20 mins and still waiting and now we need to de-ice the plane. An hour has gone by and still waiting for pilot. Another half hour pilot has arrived but now one of the de-ice trucks has broken down. If anyone even looked at our phones to suggest we might turn it on staff would immediately scold us to turn it off. Not one drink was offered for that 2 hour delay. Once we did get in the air they did start cabin service but no complimentary water. To top it all off they did not update their website on our delay and since they would never let us use our phones our loved ones had to wait in confusion at the airport. They are not less expensive. They are charging you for everything so you really are spending the same amount of money as a normal airline as opposed to this "low fare" company. It is not worth it. I will never fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

You get what you pay for! A seat. Not a leather seat a tiny vinyl narrow non-reclining claustrophobia inducing square foot of space. Nothing else. No music movie drinks snacks or food at all unless you want to pay $3 for a can of soda and a cup of ice. The plane departed on time if not early and landed early both to and from Logan (Boston) to Myrtle Beach. I have flown a lot and the landings on both of my flights with Spirit were the best I've experienced remarkable in icy rain conditions returning to Boston late Thursday night. Flight attendants were excellent. Loaded back passengers first middle and then front from Logan which made for smooth and easy process. Attendants were very attentive to passengers with special needs and children. I would recommend Spirit for what it is no frills low fare flying at its best. Bags were at baggage claim incredibly quickly both times!

Spirit Airlines customer review

MSP-RSW. No room in seats expected pay for everything surprised I wasn't asked to swipe a card to unlock the bathroom door on the airplane. We got in a 20 mins early thought this was great until we got to baggage claim (forced to check a bag for 40 lbs) it had been well over an hour no announcement for any delay for the first hour. They are blaming it on flights ahead of ours. Not one person on the flight has seen a bag yet. Never again!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 231 and 404. Just flew the 2nd leg of my round trip Spirit flight. Again got nabbed with fees for bags and seats. This time we left the gate and had to turn around because of a computer malfunction. 1 hour delay. Will never fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Feb 16 2014 I am in Las Vegas stranded. Flight was scheduled for noon. Got here 2 hours early as recommended my flight was delayed due to mechanical issues until 4.41 now looking at 5.41. No email was sent to advise me of the delay. No help at all. I will have been here 8 hours with nobody to help us. They cannot even tell me if the plane is in the sky. Can't wait to see what happens. They have me stuck here and nobody wants to tell me anything or even apologize.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My job requires that I travel almost weekly and have flown almost all of the major domestic airlines. Yes they do not offer the amenities of some of the other airlines I prefer the half the cost of the economy rate. As far as the lack of reclining and distance between the rows. I am a big man I prefer the extra width of the Airbus 320 seats and not having the room I do have between the rows invaded by the person in front of me feeling the urge to lay down at the expense of others. As far as the baggage fees when checking in goes I prefer that as opposed to waiting extra time in line for someone to pay for their checked bags. I only take my computer bag on the plane with me. I prefer putting the bag in the overhead instead of under the seat in front of me to make more room for my feet. I will gladly pay for exit row seating as well as my $5 snack & drink. Still much cheaper than the rest of the airlines.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I initially thought this flight was a steal a full $150 less then competing airlines. Then come the costs for carry on vs a packed bag then there comes a seat charge. On top of that our flight left 1 hour late because of a "crew rest." Ok this is understandable I guess but Spirit should of notified me. Then we waited an extra 30 minutes because a flight attendant was late. The final straw our seats smelt. I thought Delta was the worst airline but Spirit is a strong competitor.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight from Houston to Las Vegas was as bad as it could be. No Service no room and not on time. The only good thing is my bags made the trip.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Just flew round trip from ORD to RSW and overheads were open and free to use on both flights. $3.00 for a soft drink robbery. No leg room.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]