Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Miami was my original place of departure we were run from gate 2468 about ten times until finally we left on gate 10 after 45 minutes of the playing magical gate game. The price for the baggage was excessive and overcame the rest of the pleasant flight. Don't worry there are other airline with lower service rating like American Airline and lower of poll US Airways.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Do not believe their hype that they are cheap. Spirit charges for everything. You pay for your flight and find out there is an additional fee when assigning your regular seats water on the flight and expensive luggage prices which includes carry on. Once you total all the added fees you are paying more. They added more rows of seats which means you have less room than normal. First time I used them and feel "hosed".

Spirit Airlines customer review

I traveled to Chicago O'Hare from Orlando on Sept 24th - all went well left on time and arrived on time. A smooth flight and everyone was very courteous.

Spirit Airlines customer review

This airline gave me what I was looking for - an inexpensive way to get me from point A to point B. Due to maintenance problems we were held up for 4 hrs but that tells me they're more concerned with their safety record than their on-time record. They gave a voucher for a meal at the terminal. The seats were fairly close together but not horribly so. The desk staff and flight attendants were friendly and efficient. Good solid flight with a worthy aircraft. I'll fly this airline again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Orlando (MCO) 9/29/14 to Latrobe (LBE) flight 878. LBE to MCO flight 863 10/4/14. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because both my flights were on time. As far as bare fare if you can read you know the rules. Why complain? Go somewhere else. The seats are not too roomy true but they are not so uncomfortable either. They are leather. The staff were friendly and I would fly with Spirit again. As far as food there are basically only snacks you can purchase. You can get two drinks for a dollar each. So people again who complain must be really cheap.

Spirit Airlines customer review

LAX-IAH return. Both flights on time friendly crew read the small print and printed boarding passes at home. Friendly check-in staff both in LAX and IAH. Both flights including big seats checked-in luggage were about half the price as I would have paid on UA in first. Only downside credit card machines did not work on both flights so could not purchase any drink/food on the plane. Would not hesitate to fly them again in the future.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We could not have been more satisfied with our trip. We left San Diego exactly on time and arrived at Dallas a bit early. The flight was smooth and service was satisfactory. People at the ticket counter were courteous and helpful. I see the other reviews and think some people need to think in advance. If a drink is important bring your own. If you want food bring your own. Learn to pack light. Bring a book to read. You can avoid the extra charges if you are smart. You can't beat the prices for Spirit tickets. Our tickets were half from the other airlines. I will definitely fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Purchased airfare from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale with a connection in Chicago. After arriving at Denver airport and waiting at the gate for boarding I received an email saying the flight to Chicago was delayed an hour. No less than 15-20 minutes later I received a second email saying that the flight was actually on time and the customer service rep announced we would be boarding at 2pm. Wrong! Sat there at the gate another 20-30 minutes after 2pm and just as the plane is boarding they call the names of all the Ft Lauderdale bound passengers and tell us that we aren't going to make our connection and the next available flight is on Sunday. This was a Tuesday! As if that wasn't bad enough the service reps responses were extremely rude and amounted to "gee sorry who cares". Already had paid their $50 bag fee which they had originally charged me $80 for. Their employees kept telling us the issue was air traffic control in Chicago but coincidentally nearly every one of their flights from anywhere to Denver that day were late or delayed not at all just Chicago. It was blatantly obvious that they were straight up lying and that the real issue was likely a mechanical problem. Eventually got sick of arguing and had them refund everything and re-booked the next day on a real airline which cost me an extra $300.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I will never fly this airline again. The tickets are cheap but any savings are more than made up for as they proceed to nickel and dime you every chance they get. The checked bag fee is almost double what other airlines charge but it's outrageous that they charge even more for carry on bags. They also charge to print your boarding pass which I was asked to rip in half myself before boarding the plane. The seats don't recline so that they can pack more passengers on the plane - very uncomfortable. I expected to pay for food but not for drinks - including water. The plane was filthy - as I boarded I noticed crumbs all over the seats and large pieces of food all over the floor. I will never fly with this airline again. I wont go business with a company that charges me hidden fees at every opportunity.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Worst trip ever. Flight was cancelled due to fire in air traffic control in Chicago (not the fault of Spirit). However the customer service was horrendous. The next day I checked in and the manager was training 5 new employees. The manager was taking her time to show them the process step by step and made me jump through hoops to show them how a customer checks luggage to make sure it's the right size. I asked if considering the last 24 hours she could skip the training and check me in faster. She was rude inconsiderate and showed 5 new employees that terrible customer service is OK with Spirit. I'll never fly them again.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]