Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

I recently traveled from Denver to Vegas for the first time on Spirit Airlines. As soon as I got to the airport I was not only surprised by the $40 checked bag fee but the $50 carry on fee. But knowing that a lot of airlines are charging bag fees I paid and moved on. We got to the seating section of the check in and it offered for me to select a seat for additional money or have it randomly picked. I was traveling with someone but thought surely they wouldn't separate passengers traveling together. I was wrong. Then of course they couldn't even offer a free drink. My seat just fit me and I had to have my arms crossed the entire flight. On the flight home I paid $81.00 for a checked bag and the privilege of sitting next to the person I was traveling with. The only positive was the flight attendants traveling home who were extremely funny. I will never fly this airlines again and will be sure to tell anyone thinking of flying with them not to.

Spirit Airlines customer review

At ATL booked on flight 877 to FFL at 10.15 am it's currently 2.20 flight delay very little info. No one at Spirit counter seems interested had to tell them they are suppose to give updates every 30 minutes.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I looked for a flight from BWI to Las Vegas and all the other airlines where either completely booked or the fares were ridiculous. When I saw Spirit offering a flight for half price of the other airlines I jumped all over it without thinking or finding out why the fare was so much cheaper. If you thought the seats in other airlines where small you should see these ones. You have to pay for your bags even the small articles you have in your hands. Buy your bag pass online for $32 and do not carry a bag onboard. If you want assigned seats it will cost you $10 to $45 to get a seat otherwise you have to take whatever they give you and let me tell you those seats are tight. Do not ask the flight attendant for anything you will be charged handsomely. It was still a good deal for me and I am happy I got where I was going but it wasn't too pleasant.

Spirit Airlines customer review

No matter how low their prices "look" because that's simply all it is a facade with tons of hidden fees to come after you commit to their "low" ticket prices. Our tickets were $275 each which sounded great for a direct flight to FL from MA. Then the nightmare began $20 per person to sit with my husband on the flight I just paid for. You have to pay for your bags in advance or the prices just go up - who knows what size bags they'll be bringing 3 months prior to their trip. We paid $70 per person for 1 checked bag each. Only a small purse or briefcase is allowed on the flight with you at no charge if you want a carry on you pay for that too. So we put everything in our checked bags to save money. Planes wasn't very clean and the seats were tiny don't recline and even better nothing is free! No snack no water soda etc everything costs money. The staff onboard were stuffy and not cheerful. If you don't check-in online before arriving at the airport they charge you another $10 per person each way. At check in for the flight home my bag (the same weight it was when we left Boston) would cost me $50 due to being overweight - now it's double for the same suitcase. Staff did not want to help and simply said I could either take things out or pay. On top of our $275 flight we spent $275 in "fees" which brought our tickets to $400 per person.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Poor customer service in-person and on the phone. Delays due to lack of organization. Failure to verify passenger carry-ons leading to over-filled overhead bins. Passengers who paid for their carry-ons had to sit with them in their seats.

Spirit Airlines customer review

3 out of the 4 flights were delayed/late (had layover in Vegas). I am not going to focus on the no frills accommodations because I knew about them before we booked. I am going to point out that Spirit has to deliver on the most basic items they are promising and they did not. The planes were clean. My sons tray had food on it the floor under our seats was dirty with crumbs papers etc. Our flight back to Chicago was supposed to arrive at approx 10.50pm flight #356. Instead we made it to Chicago at approx 3am. I was traveling with my wife and 2 children ages 3 and 6. In San Diego we arrived and were told at customer service that the plane was an hour late. Spirit gave our plane to another destination and we inherited a plane that was being repaired. We made our way to the gate and by the time we got through security our plane was delayed another hour or two. No one was providing updates to the crowd. We boarded flew landed in Vegas. My family was starving needed to go to the bathroom etc. We rushed to pick up a sandwich and then waited before boarding. Again I have to remind you that I have a 3 and a 6 year old. I also overheard the gate attendant telling passengers that the flight was delayed because of weather which is an obvious lie. I was in San Diego and know the plane was being worked on. I have flown every airline out there and have experienced delays in the past. They take the cake. How they handle business is absurd.

Spirit Airlines customer review

If you just read what the maximum measurements are for luggage and know that you have to pay for drinks there is nothing to be frustrated about and you get a great price for the flight. I just flew from Panama to Fort Lauderdale. Although a little delay (30 min or something) everything was perfect. In the beginning I thought that they would charge me 10USD for the check in since I couldn't do that online (international flight and not a US citizen). But since we tried we were not charged for that.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight got canceled but other family members made it to same destination on other airlines (Southwest). Never received any text or e-mail notice until 10 hrs later. No help or assistance from counter just we will give you your money back. Walked over to United and they were more than happy to help us find flight. Flew back on Spirit as did not want to cancel and not have way home. Flight delayed due to attendant being late. Comfortable seat yes pay the extra $25.00 but regular seats all I heard was complaints of how tight the were. Staff on flight back tired unfriendly. Booked through them do to saving money never again spend the extra few dollars it is well worth it for other airlines.

Spirit Airlines customer review

One way flight from McCarran airport Las Vegas to BWI in Baltimore flight 696 Nov 29. When buying 4 cross country tickets for our family flying is not inexpensive by any stretch. But Spirit takes flying to a whole new low. The seats were so close together that my knees touched the seat in front of me. And I am only 5 ft. 4 in. I felt so bad for the 6 foot tall man beside me. There were pretzel crumbs all over the floor no complementary beverages (even water) and not even a sick bag in my seat pocket. Do I need to pay extra for that too? Finally the seat reclined all of two inches which was no reprieve for my discomfort. It is probably the most inhumane way to travel. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Cheap base price doesn't translate to cheap overall prices. I implore anyone looking at the "low" fares on Spirit and thinking they're getting a deal to think again. This airline is bar none the worst airline out there. They will charge you to choose a seat anywhere from $11-$45 on the flight I took. They will charge you fees to check in at the airport $10. They will charge you an awful amount of money to the point where it is no longer cheaper than others. Want to bring a laptop? Well that's an extra $45. Thinking about a drink on-board? More money out of your pocket. Service is horrendous. The flight attendants were rude and you're packed into a sardine can with far less room than you would have on a real airline. It turns out I would have saved more money flying Southwest or Delta. This was all while checking in on-line and trying my best to avoid those extra charges. I didn't choose a seat. I was forced to take one carry-on and I didn't buy anything inflight. I will never fly this airline again.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]