Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

NK 195 Jan 31 2014 from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. NK 676 Feb 2 2014 from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. The leaving and the returning back home was awful. The attendants are rude with attitudes and no respect. The fact that I paid a full ticket price and checked in online to then arrive at the airport and have to pay an extra $50 for each bag and when I requested a window seat I got to sit both ways in a middle seat. In addition the gates were changed and no notification was given throughout the whole process. When all passengers were finally sitting in the plane and ready to leave they kept us for 25 mins sitting on the runway without A/C and no explanation. I will avoid traveling with Spirit unless I have no other choice.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew December 21st to 24th. The flight crew were nice but what I do not like is that they do not give anything to customers like water peanuts or pretzels and Coca Cola. I am a tall person and I was sat next to the aisle it didn't give me enough legroom in my seat. When I was returning from Orlando to Detroit Metro Airport I was dropped off at 5.40 at Orlando security allowed us to come back to the main terminal building because our flight was delayed. I was stuck at the airport for 4 hours. I will never fly them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I booked a flight from Orlando to Detroit at a fabulous price with perfect departure and return times which I thought was too good to be true and you know what they say about that! It was. They did not allow carry on bags and wanted to charge $100 for a carry on because it wasn't checked! But they were "nice enough" to only charge $50 and said it had to pre checked online on the return flight for $40 which added an extra 90.00 for a carry on!! Will not fly Spirit again!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Fort Lauderdale Las Vegas for $256 ticket paid a total of $510 after seating and carry on! On top of the extra charges you get horrible customer service and delays. Will never fly with Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Oakland to Las Vegas. Price came up at $80/roundtrip ticket inc. taxes. I booked this flight only to get an email 3 days later asking me to purchase bags. Never heard of this with any airline unless you are over the first free 2 bags. So at a charge of $30 to check in a bag per person each way this $80 ticket now became $140. Staff at the ticket desk were very rude. Flight attendants on the plane were equally rude. Very short with people as the plane was delayed and they made it clear they wanted to get home. Seats do not recline at all unless you are in the 4 seats in the front of plane. You can reserve a seat for more money. All in all I should have never switched airlines.

Spirit Airlines customer review

On 12/31/1013 and 1/1/2014 we flew from Tampa to Las Vegas via Dallas/Ft. Worth and back through St. Paul. All flights were on schedule and the crews were very friendly. Yes the seating may be slightly more cramped than other airlines but they were manageable. Prices were very low for a last minute decision. Fortunately I read all the reports ahead of time and we printed boarding passes at home and hotel. We also packed small bags they were considered free personal carry-on luggage. Beer was 3 for $16 which is about average. Not like flying first class but more than we expected for the money.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We booked a flight from Minneapolis to Orlando. We knew ahead of time about extra pricing and decided to upgrade to the larger front seats. The flight attendants on the morning trip of Feb 15th were fantastic. I honestly did not expect a good experience because of what I had heard about Spirit but I have no complaints. I will be flying them again in the near future. I think the key is to be educated and realize that this is a "pay for what you use airline ". We brought our own drinks and snacks on board and no one said a word!

Spirit Airlines customer review

BOS-FLL. Charge for everything. $50 for a bag if larger than a brief case charge to chose a seat. Charge for a glass of water. seats are so close together you can't get you legs in. I won't fly them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Left for Costa Rica January 8th 2014 return was due for January 20 2014 arrived on January 23rd. Never take an International Flight with a connection and leave 1 hour between flights the flight back from Costa Rica was delayed then customs held us up then the door slammed in our face as we arrived in time to watch it close. We were told we would be put on standby for the next flight well 5 flights later and nothing. For what we spent because they overbook I could have gone first class on a reputable airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

2 hour flight took almost 7hrs one way and including delay 3hrs home. The cost of the flight was fine but if you wanted to bring a bag or have a drink the price shot through the roof. Would never fly Spirit again. Extremely cramped seating. Not one apology or offer of a beverage while we sat on plane for 4-5hrs longer than expected.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]