Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 199 on April 8 and flight 292 on April 11. I will never fly this airline again! They charge you 50 to 100 extra dollars to take a carry-on plus all kinds of other fees to fly. Buyer beware! I just wish I could give this airline a negative number. Yes it's that bad. Fly the other airlines. It will cost you less in the long run. Seats don't even recline!

Spirit Airlines customer review

I decided to try them out because of their low airfare but only to find out about all these hidden fees! They charge you for just about everything checked bags carry-on bags seat assignments checking in at the counter and food and snacks onboard. All these things add up to the airfare so what's the point of even having the fare being that low? So if you really want to save money with them might as well fly empty handed (no bags) go hungryand thirsty and fly standing up (no assigned seats)! I just flew with them from Los Angeles to Houston on 10/10/14 and getting there was fine despite all these hidden fees and not getting any drinks or snacks. But on the returning flight to LA on 10/12/14 they kept announcing that the flight was being delayed due to weather. The plane could not land in Houston so it was diverted to Dallas. The weather was fine! The original departure time out of Houston was 4.46 pm and because the plane had landed in Dallas we had to wait for it to arrive in Houston. So they announced that it would be delayed until 5.26 and then 6.26 and then 6.56 and then 7.53. Finally after all this waiting they announced that the flight was cancelled! When they announced the flight cancellation we all had no choice but to rebook on another flight. After being in the long line to rebook they said the earliest available flight would not be until two days later! I decided that I had it with Spirit Airlines and took the refund. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I was charged an extra $100 at the gate after the ticket desk told me my small bag would be OK. My bag measured 12 inches by 17 inches. After boarding the seats are so tight I could hardly move. I am an average man (6ft 185lbs). A small cup of water was $3 and with a tiny bag of peanuts $5. The passengers were repeatedly solicited to purchase their credit card. This airlines should be avoided at all costs and I personally will never fly Spirit Airlines again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Checking in on a 5.15 am flight took 40 minutes waiting in line. There was only one check-in person these first 30 minutes with a line about 50 deep. A flight to Myrtle Beach will always have dozens of sets of golf clubs to be checked in. This should be accommodated for. The last 10 minutes of my waiting a second check-in worker became available. On my return flight back to Logan Airport after midnight we passengers had to wait one hour and five minutes on the plane before deboarding. The reason? The (one and only??) person responsible for operating the jet bridge called in sick according to the pilot. No coverage was found. The "supervisor" needed to be awoken from home to come to the airport to operate the jet bridge. The smaller and less comfortable non reclining seats and little leg room multiplied the bad accommodation. My first and last flights using Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Terrible experience. Somehow when we booked my family of 4 together they were placed onto 2 different confirmation codes. We were unable to check the kids in because they are minors. So we arrive at the Detroit airport 1 hour before check-in. Lines seem not that long but it became clear that it was not moving. People were cutting the line because they knew they would be denied boarding if they were a minute late. I went over to 2 ladies that were checking in bags and asked for help because we were getting very close to that deadline! They said I had to wait like everyone else. Well of course we were helped and it was a minute too late and the lady said "Sorry kids can't board!" I was not happy and started to speak quite loudly about the customer service it ended up taking one lady 2 seconds to print out their boarding passes! She said good luck if you miss it come back. Never again!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Apr 2 flight 235. Apr 9 flight 218. A rip off airline. They can charge you for everything under the sun. The extra charges are not disclosed at the time you buy the tickets. The service is very average. It is so disappointing to see that this is allowed in a great country like ours. I would never travel Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Our family was bumped (we purchased tickets months ago) after we were waiting to board the plane. They had already loaded our luggage and there was no way to get it back. We had to go all the way back to ticket area (with two kids in tow) find how we going get out of Orlando and back to Detroit. We had to talk to 4 different people before we were put on another flight. And they did nothing to make it right. All we got was a lousy "sorry for the inconvenience". Too many extra charges cramped seating and unhelpful staff.

Spirit Airlines customer review

N8986Z Flight 293 Mar 26 2015. Flight 360 Mar 31 2015. Had a great trip because I knew what to expect. I had a backpack no carry on printed out my boarding pass before going to the airport. It was only a two hour flight but I ate and drank before I boarded. I am 5'2" so the seats were comfortable. Entertained myself with my iPad. There were a lot of kids but the parents were on top of the situation and kept the kids calm.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew round trip Kansas City - Chicago last week with my family and had good experiences on both flights. Cons: Standard seats don't recline (but it was okay for us since it was only an hour flight each way) and it doesn't look like the plane was cleaned between flights there were crumbs on the floor and some trash in the seat pockets. Pros: Flights were on time nice flight attendants (on our way home after learning that my son wasn't feeling well one of the flight attendant gave him ginger ale for free). The low cost (even with paying for checking in our baggage and buying some drinks for the kids we still saved at least a couple of hundreds).

Spirit Airlines customer review

I tried it and I have to say I fly frequently and if I had to walk barefoot in the ice and snow I would do it just so I don't have to ever fly Spirit again. It was ridiculous that we had to pay $631. which included a rental car. Then when we got to the airport they charged us $90 dollars for two bags and were going to charge us another $10 each for our boarding passes unless we used the kiosks. During the flight from BWI to DFW the seating was horrible they were the most uncomfortable and narrow seats I've sat in. I am so sorry that the answers have to appear to be answered. One star was not deserved. By the way on our return flight we were supposed to take from E33 which we did after it was changed to E32 and back and the changes were not announced until after the plane began to load.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]