Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

My daughter plays volleyball and they had to go to Dallas for qualifiers. Being a single mother I had to find the best flight I could. We book with Spirit because of the price. We didn't make a beef over the fee for luggage because it was still the cheapest airfare. However we were scheduled for a 7.30 flight. The flight was delayed over 5 hours. As a result she nearly missed her first game and more tired than if we drove. They did not even seem remorseful whatsoever What a miserable airline. And to think I joined their club to get better deals in the future. Boy did I ever get duped.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Went to Las Vegas McCarran Airport 2 hours early. 2 huge lines and a Spirit rep is yelling Minneapolis flight is cancelled because of bad weather in Chicago. I get on my smartphone and check flighttracker which reported 98% of the flights were leaving on time with only light rain in Chicago. Then they tell us they won't have a flight for us for 2 more days! Never again. It is total waste of your time effort and money.

Spirit Airlines customer review

June 19th 2014 flight 832 listed 1.11pm departure Houston to Orlando. I am sitting on the Spirit aircraft as I write this review. We have been sitting on the plane at the gate for 2 hours. First there was a problem with the computer in which they had to re-boot the entire system. After that hour the pilot let us know that the toilets were broken. So we continued to sit on the plane for an additional hour so far. On top of all of this I have a wife in labor with our first child. Of course you will have mechanical failure but the way this was handled is completely unacceptable.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I just took a trip to DAL from ATL at the beginning of June 2014. I did all of my homework and researched Spirit before I made my final decision. I was not taking a long trip therefore I only needed a carry-on that I paid 70$ total for (35$ there and 35$ back). Spirit allows one free small bag and I was able to take my tote. I also printed my boarding pass online at home so I was able to go straight to security. The flight process was very easy and laid out and I did not experience any severe trouble with the flight staff. The only bad comment that I have to make about my trip was that it was delayed an hour on my flight back home because the plane had traveled internationally and had to be thoroughly checked in customs. I consider myself lucky to only have that one hiccup. The pilot also sped up the flight and we only ended up being 30 minutes behind schedule. I have no bad comments about food and staff service considering I slept the majority of the trip and I ate before boarding the plane on the trip there and the trip back. There is no inflight entertainment but I did not expect any for the price that I paid plus I brought my tablet and a book to read during the flight. Overall I would highly recommend Spirit Airlines for quick travel. You get what you pay for and for the cost I was beyond satisfied with what I got!

Spirit Airlines customer review

LAX to Dallas/Ft. Worth. Flight 866 on June 10 and return on 869 from Dallas on June 13th 2014. This is the worst airline ever booked! Deceptive prices on all travel sites with exorbitant excessive charges. Rude service old plane. 4 hour flight delay without notification. Do not book with them thinking it's a good deal. You are very lucky if anything goes as you expect.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My son was booked to go from Detroit to Los Angeles. With the only explanation of we don't have enough stewardess for the flight the flight was cancelled. No help getting a 17 year old on another flight - no help with a hotel. And forget about the 3 hour drive to and from the airport with gas at $4 a gallon. They don't care about any inconvenience at all. They are not cheap and then nickel and dime you to death. Save your money - go with Southwest any day!

Spirit Airlines customer review

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Costa Rica where we flew on Spirit for the first time. I should have had the first clue when they charged for carry-on luggage! When we started on our trip we couldn't believe that they charged for everything including water! On a 4 hour flight! Then to continue the abuse they didn't have pillows or blankets even for purchase so I was freezing for 4 hours and bought 2 blankets during our layover to continue on to Costa Rica. Then on our return trip from Costa Rica they charged us another $25 because we were supposedly over-weight on our luggage. They weighed a total of 91 pounds for 2 suitcases which was the same as when we left LAX since we really didn't buy much. Usually international flights allow 50 pounds! They wouldn't allow water or drinks on the plane even when purchased in the airport after we had been through security so they checked our carry on luggage again right before we boarded at the gate. This is obviously an effort to force you to buy on the plane. Needless to say this was our first and will be our last flight on Spirit Airlines.

Spirit Airlines customer review

This was my first trip with Spirit. They are awful. I had a round trip with four segments. Their turnover is abysmal with filthy seats and missing seatback information all along the way. From LAX to Houston seats did not recline - not an option. On NK561 from Las Vegas to LAX there was no water in the bathrooms. On segment from DTW to Las Vegas same day only one bathroom was operational! They cancelled a last flight out of DTW on me then went ahead and still charged me yet again for seat selection. They have a policy that also charges you a fee for water. Highly recommend opting for any other airline option you can find.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew out to Las Vegas on flt 245 leaving Chicago 05/30 and returned on flt 356 out of Las Vegas on 06/03. Well I signed on here to complain about my flight to Vegas but it looks like I'm preaching to the choir. It's nice to know we get just what we pay for in this case one notch up from nothing. Rude flight attendant's little or no service.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew from LAX to Chicago during the memorial day weekend. Don't get tricked by their low-priced flight because it is not low at all. Let me tell you why. I booked my flight through priceline which lists all different types of airlines. Spirit came up on the very top because of its "low" price. We picked Spirit because of its price and the flight schedule. Little did we know right after we booked found out that they charge for every carry on or check-in luggage. I've never seen any airlines that charge for carry on so we wanted to cancel it but it was too late (no full refunds only partial flight credit). We decided to just have one huge bag to check-in (it's cheaper than a carry on if you pay before you get there). Service was slow and horrible. No snacks/beverage provided. Seats were tight/uncomfortable. Flight was shaky both times. I saw a lot of people who didn't know about the luggage fee so they had to pay upfront which was $100 for a carry on. I'm sure most of people including myself paid more than any other airlines because of all these additional fees.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]