Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Took a flight last week from Plattsburgh to Fort Lauderdale. The flight was on time and we arrived at the right time. Be sure to read carefully their website about additional fees if you want no surprises. Boarding passes were printed at home so no 10 $ charge at the airport. My seat was pretty uncomfortable and pretty much no room for a 6 foot 2 guy like me but beside of that everything went just fine. Will fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew from Phoenix-Dallas-Fort Lauderdale-Cancun and return. Late arrivals caused a miss on connecting flights in Fort Lauderdale on both outgoing and incoming. On the incoming flight I was stranded in Fort Lauderdale for 24 hours! In both cases Spirit blamed "ground control". In other words they would take not responsibility for the late flights and therefore would not contribute to hotel food wait time or restitution for lost hotel reservation costs. Speaking with hotel personnel in Fort Lauderdale I noted that Spirit is well know for this tactic. In fact the Fort Lauderdale people told me they get 8 or 10 reservations every day because of Spirit. This company does not schedule properly takes no responsibility for it mismanagement and should be avoided!

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew last weekend from DFW to Cleveland. On the outbound trip my flight was delayed about 1.5 hrs but I did receive emails alerting me to the delay and the gate agent did make several announcement to keep us posted. The pilots did a great job of making up for lost time and got us there in 2 hours. The flight attendants were courteous and service was about what you'd expect from other airlines. Yes this airline is a-la-carte so you do pay for what you use whether it's paying for checked baggage carry-ons or even beverages. Since my airfare was cheap even with buying an assigned seat I had no problem paying 3 dollars for an apple juice you are paying for and getting the whole can. Yes the seats do not recline but they weren't necessarily uncomfortable and you don't have to worry about the guy in front of you reclining his seat at all which is a plus. I'm a shorter than average person so I had plenty of knee room. In conclusion if you are thinking about flying Spirit Airlines be sure and do your homework. If you do your homework and figure out what they charge for certain services you can plan on what to pay and still probably make out cheaper than other airlines. It's always good to shop around and depending on the circumstances Spirit can save you money on your flight. They might not always be the cheapest but in my case I was able to fly to Cleveland round-trip for $118 including seat assignment. I didn't check a bag; I just had a small duffle bag that qualified to be brought on for free. Again do your homework with Spirit so you can navigate their fees; I cannot stress that enough. Lastly would I consider flying them again? My answer is Yes.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 351 4/23/15. Flight 352 4/27/15. This is how my entire experience panned out: As a student I needed the best possible deal after looking up online I had to choose between Frontier and Spirit and ended up saving some bucks on Spirit. Honestly with the kind of deal I got I was expecting bad service (like any other budget airline). But they surprised me! It is one of the best flying experiences I've had. Starting from check-in (which takes less than 5 mins at the airport with prior online check-in) to the in-flight experience they deliver exactly what they pitch you cant expect world class menus and inflight entertainment but it gets you from A to B on time and in comfort.

Spirit Airlines customer review

4/13/2015 flight 660 from MCI-ORD. Thank goodness there is at least one true budget airline operating again in the US! All the usual trappings of the no-frill airlines but I was quite surprised what huge bags the women at security in front of me smuggled onto the plane as the "free personal item". My leg space was very limited as I am 6'3 with long legs but I really liked the fact that the passenger in front of me couldn't recline his seat. Leg room was actually better than on Air Berlin's Airbus last month. The plane was brand new (compared to the 20-year old planes I'm used to flying on AA). We arrived in Chicago early no rude employees anywhere but then again I had no reason to talk to anyone except TSA employees (since everything's done online and there is no beverage service).

Spirit Airlines customer review

April 25 flight 199. April 28 flight 298. First they charge $35 for luggage online if you don't do it online then they charge $50 at check in. If you still have gotten to the gate without checking in your luggage they will charge you 100 dollars. Then secondly upon boarding for Las Vegas on Saturday 25th April they put all passengers on the wrong plane. Thirdly arrived at the airport for flight home it was delayed 85 minutes. No notice sent via my phone which I had signed up for and given my email. The worst airline I have ever used.

Spirit Airlines customer review

April 23 2015 fight 0605 Detroit MI to Fort Meyers FL. Worst flying experience I have experienced. Seats were very uncomfortable with no leg room whatsoever. My knees were literally pressing into the back of the seat in front of me. Unfortunately the passenger behind me had the same problem and I could feel their every movement as it translated into my lower back. I was almost embarrassed for the poor flight attendants as they attempted to hawk their wares pushing that little cart charging exorbitant fees costing three times as much for those purchased on the ground. Didn't see many takers. Being charged extra for seat placement was the final straw.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My flight from Chicago to Las Vegas on 4/23 was okay delayed about a half hour and completely unorganized as far as gate departures for all Spirit flights leaving that evening but I made it through. Leaving Las Vegas (4/27) absolute nightmare. Five minutes before boarding we are told over the intercom that our flight has been cancelled. Surely they'd be helpful in accommodating. Wrong. To begin there was no explanation of why the flight was cancelled. Come to find out - no crew. The options to book another flight were very slim. By the time I reached the counter (an hour and a half later) the next option was a 5pm standby flight the next day. This was an 8am flight. The staff at the counter were rude. Offered little to no help in regards to finding a new flight even when asked. At this point I figured I'd cut my losses and take my refund to make accommodations on my own. I must have been lucky on that end. Got my refund ticket.

Spirit Airlines customer review

You could not pay me any amount of money to fly on Spirit Airlines again. They treat their passengers like cattle. They book connecting flights from international destinations (Mex) within one (1) hour of the next flight departing. In that time they expect you to go through Customs Immigration Security and recheck your bag and catch the other flight. We cut every line got escorts ran like crazy etc. No way we could make it. Then they blame the missed connection on 'ground delays' so they can claim its not technically their fault. They won't pay for a shuttle hotel food etc and you are stuck in a different city for another 24 hours until their next flight out. The most awful part? They tell you that your bags made it onto the flight and you now have nothing for the next 24 hrs. We all know that TSA/airline policies strictly forbid bags on a plane without the accompanying passenger. So its all a lie. You show up the next day to fly out and miraculously your bags are still there - so you could have had them overnight. Don't hang around for an apology.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit may seem cheaper than other airlines when booking a flight but the cost of bags are high the flights get delayed more than twice going out and ok returning back and then their front desk are rude! I've flown twice with Spirit and both times (6 months in between) have been absolutely horrible! I've never had so many delays with any other airline. The delays go from one hour difference to four! My suggestion to you: be well prepared for a delayed flight by scheduling return flights on weekends so that if you need to be to work by Monday or so you'll make it. One more thing this airline does not make sure their passengers are comfortable or compensated when constant delays occur.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]