Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

It is very much a no frills airline but doesn't try to advertise itself as anything different. We paid in advance for our baggage chose our seats and paid the extra fee for the large seats. The flight was perfect the seats were comfortable the staff polite. If I had to come up with any negatives I would say the fact that there was only one bathroom on the plane so there was a never ending line of people standing in the isle waiting but that is really a non issue. I definitely would fly spirit again and would recommend it to friends/family. Just make sure you read the instructions about paying in advance and you won't be bogged down with any surprise fees.

Spirit Airlines customer review

First time flying in 13 years. Flew from ORD to LAS and then from LAS to SAN. I was randomly assigned a seat in the aisle which worked out great for me being over 6 feet tall as the legroom was kind of small. Shifting my position helped alleviate any weariness. For as cheap of a price as I got I kind of figured there would be some things cut to help cost-efficiency. My departing flights left on time and my returning flight was actually early by about 15-20 minutes. Did not purchase food or drink on board as I brought my own. No issues with boarding or luggage as I was staying for a week in California and was able to fit everything into my carry-on. Staff were very friendly. I can appreciate the no-frills type of service offered since my main concern with going on vacation is the destination not the extra stuff I don't need on the journey.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew Spirit Airline on July 8 2014 Minneapolis to LAX. All staff including front desk check-in and pilots were courteous and friendly. Plane was clean and the only challenge is people coming to board that did not read information about luggage size and one free carry on size despite this being posted all over Spirit Airline web site people came with oversized luggage and were charged accordingly. Just know ahead you take your own food and drinks on board which many airlines do charge also and read expectations of seating. So worth the saved money of flying by flying this airline yes it's a no frills yet it is an Airline that does care about safety and cost effectiveness.

Spirit Airlines customer review

This is one of the worst airlines that is flying in the USA flight 912 from Orlando was delayed twice customer service was called to find out the problem and was told that they had to do a lightning strike inspection. I can understand the safety aspect of this but to not offer any compensation to passengers that had been told to be at the gate one hour before the original schedule is very unreal. Will not recommend that anyone fly this airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My boyfriend and I went to Fort Lauderdale last week from Boston. You think you are getting a great deal but once you get there they whack you with every luggage fee they possibly can. Don't think it's like every other airline and it's a 50lb max for checked luggage. No it's 40 and they will charge you for every pound over! They charge you for every soda/water and food that you get. To top it all off everything we saw said credit/debit only for food and drink. After a long wait we finally ordered two waters and were unable to buy them because the lady said it was cash only because the credit card machine was down. Fast forwarding to our flight home. We got to the airport 2.5 hours early. Sat in a Spirit check in line that was at least 100 people long with only one line open for check in and security. I honestly do not know if it was the airport or just spirit but needless to say we showed up to the gate at 9.22 when our flight was scheduled for 9.26 and the door was shut. They were so unhelpful in the situation I was shocked! When we asked when the next flight was it was not until 8.30 that night! We bought another flight for Delta.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew to Vegas from Portland over Spring Break in April 2014. It's a bare bones operation for sure. Staff were fun and plane was clean. Baby cried all the way there two little kids behind us screamed and fought the whole two hours no one's fault but didn't make for a very pleasant trip down. No issues coming back their baggage is very high Southwest Airlines is a better buy for the money if you add in the $50 charge for 1 bag.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Never again! Our flight from LAX to Dallas Fort Worth was 2 hours late. When we boarded the plane the attendant that you usually see greeting you was busy on their phone. The attendant before take off checked the overhead compartment while sighing as if she didn't want to be there. The attendants were overall unpleasant. When we left Dallas Fort Worth to LAX we received the same greeting. The flight was an early morning 6.20 departure and I realize everyone is very tired in the morning and that perhaps the passengers have the right to sleep during the fight but I certainly don't think that the flight attendant should be sleeping in their seat at the back of the plane. My luggage is in Las Vegas and I am 4 hours North of LAX. The seats on the plane so small need not recline back. So uncomfortable! When I booked this flight I was excited that I had found airfare for family of 4 at such a low price now I know why! I think what bothers me the most is that the attendants weren't very attentive and we're too busy with their social media to be bothered by the passengers.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 719 on Wednesday May 28th. I tried to fly on Spirit between Denver and Las Vegas but the flight was canceled because of the absence of the crew. We spent one hour inside the aircraft itself waiting for them and finally we had to spend the night at Denver airport after 5 hours waiting at the front desk to get a solution for the next day (with another company hopefully). The quality of the service was very poor. In addition I was flying with a 7-month baby.

Spirit Airlines customer review

The total cost after paying all the fees was comparable to other airlines so no real big saving with Spirit. Never flew Spirit and thought I'd give it a try. My flight to Oregon didn't happen because of mechanical failure (so cannot comment on in-flight experience) instead they would fly me from Pennsylvania to Texas tonight (Friday) then to New Jersey overnight and then depart for Vegas early Saturday morning. I would have 1.5 days in Vegas before getting on a flight to Oregon early Sunday evening. All of this "at no additional charge" said the clerk. They did not offer a hotel room in Vegas at no additional charge. My experiment blew up before getting off the ground their business model has a lot of room for improvement and I will not be booking with Spirit ever again. My weekend with my children was ruined.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My husband and myself flew Spirit Airlines round-trip DFW to BWI in mid April. The first leg of the trip was fine the return trip out of BWI was delayed by 4+ hours as others have said it would have been nice to have a "free" soda onboard. They did give us a free $50 coupon for future travel but it had to be used in 30 days not a good deal. My daughter had the same trip in May same problem delayed out of BWI for hours! No free I'm sorry for the delay offer of anything. My son and family (with 14 month old) had the same trip out of BWI and was delayed 7+ hours.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]