Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

NYC to Fort Lauderdale last weekend. The flight cost $340. I ended up paying an extra $150 at the airports to bring my carry on bag. I booked this through a third party and was not warned about this extra charge. The overall price was outrageous. Flight attendants were not the friendliest. When I placed a drink order instead of getting my order the flight attendants hung out at the front of the plane laughing and talking together.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I just flew from Florida to Boston a few days ago. We were in the standard seats. It was the worst experience I have ever had in an aircraft. If there were negative reviews I would have given it a negative 5. First off there is a hidden baggage fee that you must pay over $50 for a carry on suitcase. Once Spirit tried charging a seat fee a hidden fee that charges you for being seated (not the actual ticket ticket was already bought). I was so enraged and complained because I would rather go standing if they tried to charge me to sit. The planes are uncomfortable crowded and they charge you for one drink (non alcoholic). The plane seemed to be in horrible condition very cheap. The group I was in agreed to never fly on such a terrible airline again. To anyone who reads this please never fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have been flying Spirit Air since I compare their price to that of Southwest and difference was outrageous. I want to save and anything that helps me save is the way to go. Been flying Spirit regularly between Chicago and Dallas for under a $150 round trip. I have recommended Spirits to all my friend but let them know the baggage policy. I don't carry a lot of stuff other than my little bag and my computer bag.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Detroit flight cancelled after on board for 2 hrs. Lost a night in Vegas we had to reserve rooms we did not use at our cost. Return flight 2 hrs late taking off plus 2 hrs for luggage to be unloaded in Detroit. You would think that extra fees for luggage equals better service. Paid extra for EXIT seats 32 inch legroom impossible for tall person.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Dallas to Boston and return. All went as expected. Seat spacing was not a problem for my 5-7 build. Would definitely do again for the price savings.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We flew in on Spirit Airlines (LAX to ORD) and were so offended by how poorly the airline perceived customers (the staff were fine) that we decided to stay longer so we wouldn't have to use the airline on the way back. It can be more expensive to fly Spirit and you get less than the other airlines. The flight attendants didn't even have a cart. They had to bring all the food and hot coffee two by two by hand.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Booked 2 tickets to fly using Spirit. One for my daughter the other for myself. Due to an emergency plans changed and needed to change my flight. Spirit Airlines unwilling to accommodate - charge me $125 PLUS $33.98 for a total of $158.98 just to cancel and the trip was a month away. Rude Customer Service reps with the most horrendous language barrier!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Recent flight from Minneapolis to Fort Lauderdale Round trip - I appreciate the fact that you know up front that there will be additional fees you definitely pay for everything extra but with that said for the actual money spent it was still cheaper for this particular route than any other carrier. As a previous review had stated the scale on the bag drop is 3 pounds off than the sale at the desk so be aware of that. You also must check to make sure your personal item fits into their dimensions otherwise they will charge you $100 as a carry on (saw this happen to someone). My biggest negative issue was that magazine holders behind the seats were either broken or just so old that they were hanging loose so that when you sat down your knees were pressed against the seat in front of you. Definitely not comfortable for any length of time flying. Compared to other airlines the seating was very close and cramped. Would not recommend Spirit regular seating if you like to have space for your knees. Everything else was as expected for no frills no beverage no snack no movie just a "bus" ride and not on a coach bus.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My wife and I were going to Detroit Michigan to see her family when we got a call the her cousin mother had a stroke. We were forced to cancel our trip so we call Spirit to explain the situation. They gave us two options: 1- re-schedule the trip for a fee of $125 per ticket ($250 total) or option 2 - cancel for the same fee plus $16 more per ticket for cancellation fees. Now the second option still does not give your money back. They give you the money in credit and with the condition that you will have to use that credit to buy a ticket within 60 days and the trip can be schedule within a year. Therefore not only they eat up 60% of your money but you cannot get your money back you can only get a credit that in order to use that credit you also have conditions. This means that after taking the penalty for not being able to use the tickets you still penalized by not being able to get what is left of your money plus the penalization of having to reschedule within 60 days plus the penalization of having to flight with them an unreasonable and abusive company. After this event I am sure I will lose 100% of my money since I won't be able to buy an extra ticket with that credit plus the reason that I don't know when will I have time and chances to go anywhere. I will never buy with Spirit Airlines again I feel sorry for the employees that have to work for this type of company and their fliers.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Detroit to Fort Lauderdale Flight delayed 30 minutes got to check in already printed out boarding pass and pre-paid for checked bag said I could get in the fast check in lane - the line was very long! The scale prior to check in weighed three pounds lighter than check in scale. Many seats on my flight were double booked and had to wait for everything to get fixed before take off.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]