Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have used Spirit several times so far. Each time it gets worst! The tickets are inexpensive but the baggage fees are ridiculous. The seats are very uncomfortable! It was hot on the plane with a lot of babies screaming. The cabin and the laboratory were dirty. It were a very depressing flight. I don't think I will use them again!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Round trip Myrtle Beach to Boston. Flight in was supposed to arrive at 12.30am but we didn't get in until nearly 3am. The staff seemed to have no clue what they were doing moving children and parents multiple times because of confusion over the emergency row. Flight back was just as frustrating. I booked my flight leaving plenty of time to get to my 10am class yet my 5am flight was delayed again. I asked a staff member why and in very broken English she replied "plane need rest". I very calmly told her that it didn't leave me enough time and began to talk about how my previous flight was also delayed and she put a hand up and shooed me. Staff were rude. You think you're getting a deal and flying cheaper but they nickel and dime you so much that you may as well have paid for the luxury of a more 'competent' airline. Never flying Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew to MN for the weekend delayed 3 times on the way there and on the way back twice. On the way home they kept us on runway for an hour deboarded us another hour went by reboarded us and when we were all on they announced that people with connections to Tampa should get off since they were going to miss connection. 2 minutes later announced all passengers with connections to CA should get off as well. They also charged me $100 at the gate for a bag that they did not charge me for on the way there.

Spirit Airlines customer review

ATL to IAH and return was a good experience. On time (even with a rain storm coming into ATL) friendly comfortable seats quick luggage service at both airports and fair priced snacks. Better than other trips on other airlines. I wish bag weight was 50 lbs instead of 40 lbs but with a heavy personal carry on we made it work.

Spirit Airlines customer review

They canceled mine and many other passenger's connecting flight from Chicago to New York and I did not receive any explanation until two hours later. They offer you nothing but the chance at a partial refund or a flight two days later. No hotel no food no other transportation. The best they could begrudgingly offer was to live in the airport for two days while I wait for the "next available flight". When you sleep on the cots in the airport they wake you up at 4am sharp and make you clear out. I suspect it's so as few other passengers as possible are aware of the shanty town that needed constructing. I only got 2.5 hours of sleep before getting booted. I was perfectly friendly throughout the entire ordeal and yet every Spirit employee showed overt contempt for the plight brought to Spirit customers by the company's own greed and ineptitude.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I'm sitting on the plane waiting for my first Spirit flight to take off. This is by far the worst airline experience I have had and the flight has not even taken off yet! I fly 20-30 times a year - usually on Southwest - and due to timing opted for Spirit for this trip. We first arrive to check-in and we are instructed to use the kiosk to print boarding passes and check our bags. We start using the barely functioning slow as molasses kiosk and it puts 2 bags on one person. First bag is $45 and second bag is $55. So $100. However there were two people checking in so it would've been more economical for us to charge one bag per person ($45 per bag each person = $90). But the system just decides to charge one person $100. Alright we'll just get it fixed with the desk lady. Nope not really! She "can't help". But she can inform us that our carry on bag costs $50 more too. They charge for every bag - carry on and checked plus surcharges for more than one bag. The bag fees are one thing but the fact that they don't communicate their fees in advance and clearly is whole other issue. I have never been through a check-in line being yelled at either. Some Spirit employee was taking it upon herself to bark commands at the customers checking in. If there was the option to rate in negative stars I would!

Spirit Airlines customer review

I just came off flight 404 from Atlanta to Dallas. It was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on. Not only was there no leg room - the cabin was so cold I was shivering just miserable. Not worth it.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My flight was scheduled to leave Atlanta (5.59pm) to Dallas (7.10pm) and Dallas (7.45pm) to my final destination Detroit (11.22pm). Instead my flight from Atlanta was delayed by 1hr for no apparent reason. So arriving in Dallas at around 8.00pm my connecting flight to Detroit had already gone. We (about 15 of us with final destination Detroit) were told to talk to the Spirit concierge at our arrival gate in Dallas in order to get a new ticket issued with final destination Detroit. My new ticket was from Dallas to Kansas to Las Vegas and then to Detroit. Our flight leaving from Dallas to Kansas was delayed again but the concierge told us that we would not have to switch planes because they'd be using the same plane to go to Vegas. I wanted to double check so I asked the flight attendant on board the Dallas to Kansas flight and he told me the same thing and added that actually we would not have to switch planes on the way to our final destination Detroit. I believed him but when we arrived in Las Vegas they told us all to get off the plane and that we were going to use a different plane to Detroit. Our connecting plane to Detroit had already left again because of the delay we incurred in Dallas. It was around 11pm pacific time and the next available flight was schedule for the next day at 8am. This meant we had to spend the night in Vegas which is not necessarily a bad thing but they refused to offer any accommodation whatsoever. I had no choice but to sleep in the airport because this was unplanned! This was my first time flying them and is definitely going to be my last.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I am so disappointed with Spirit Airlines. Not only was my flight to my destination pushed back an hour simply because they were running behind schedule but my flight returning home was as well! This company is in no way efficient or effective. They overcharge for bags and provide nothing complimentary on the flight. Not even one beverage or even peanuts. Moreover even though I checked in only about an hour and a half before the flight they neglected to tell me it was running late causing me to rush to my flight only to find out I have to wait another hour. In all honesty I will never fly with Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flying home from Bogota Colombia to Laguardia (first attempt) was told I would miss my connecting flight in Ft. Lauderdale since the flight coming into Bogota was delayed. (They blamed air traffic). When I went home again the next day they made us deplane in Ft Lauderdale go through customs wait for our luggage then bring it to our connecting flight. There was no way to make the connecting flight at all with only an hour between flights. If they knew we had to go through all this why do they offer a flight with times like that we were told we could either get a room at our own expense or sleep at the airport.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]