Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

This is the worst airline. The are always late and there are hidden fees everywhere - from choosing a seat to carry-on luggage. Their employees are far from friendly and borderline rude. I booked a flight to Las Vegas in June of 2013 and the one thing good about the flight was that it was smooth everything else was substandard.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Round-trip from LAS to HOU on May 13. Cancelled because of weather. Next flight 2 days later. No apology no comps just rude service. Coming back on May 27 2014 again bad weather. Spirit employees at ticket desk said TSA closed and needed to take bags through security. When explained we paid to checked these bags because of the contents we were told to throw belongings away or scheduled FedEx pickup or rebook for flight (next day). Long story short we had to pay FedEx $75 to pick up belongings that should of been in our check bags. And almost missed our flight.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Big mistake using this airline. There were no non-stop flights from Sacramento to Dallas so I took a chance on Spirit flying out of Oakland. Flight was delayed 2 hours 20 minutes which put me in Dallas after 2 am. This is the first and last time I fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

They nickel and dime you for everything possible. Our flight was delayed an hour and a half which caused us to miss our connecting flight. We had to stay in Florida for 12.5 hours until the next available flight which caused 5 of us to miss work the next day. They wouldn't try to get us on another flight with a different airline because they are too cheap and don't care about their customers. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

First trip with Spirit was 6/12/14 to 6/16/14. Worst trip ever. Deceptive additional charges for seat and carry on totaling $100.00. Every boarding was late. Last boarding from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando waited over six hours. I will not travel with Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Arrived at the gate at Denver International Airport this morning at 8.15 for my flight to Orlando at 9.00. I waited 40 minutes then was told the flight would be delayed 1 hour. 15 minutes later the flight was cancelled. Spirit Airlines said they can get me to Orlando 2 days from now or a refund. I can't tell you how angry I am. I need to be in Florida for a conference. I will never fly Spirit Airlines again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We were delayed due to weather. Sat on the plane for an hour. After an hour they announce that they will fly around the storm. 15 minutes later they come on saying we don't have enough fuel. So we wait another hour for fuel. 99% of the plane was making a connecting flight. They then announced that every flight that was connecting would not be delayed to wait for us to arrive. They said we can get you to Ft Lauderdale but there are no flights out of there for 3 days. Most of us got off the plane and ran around the airport trying to find a different airline. They told us we had to get to the ticket counter and cancel our flight in able to be refunded. We also waited another hour for our luggage to get off the plane that many of us exited. Seriously what airline doesn't keep adequate fuel to fly around a storm? I will walk swim or ride a bike before I ever use Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Any money you save is negated by $35 carry-on bag fee and $10 fee to reserve your seat of choice! Not even a soft drink for free. Flight attendants zip down the aisle with the beverage cart because nobody is foolish enough to pay for a drink! Seat backs do not recline (except in emer. exit rows) and seats themselves are very uncomfortable after 2-hour flight. Avoid Spirit and pay the few extra dollars for a "regular" carrier. Spirit just takes "no-frills" way too far!

Spirit Airlines customer review

My daughter plays volleyball and they had to go to Dallas for qualifiers. Being a single mother I had to find the best flight I could. We book with Spirit because of the price. We didn't make a beef over the fee for luggage because it was still the cheapest airfare. However we were scheduled for a 7.30 flight. The flight was delayed over 5 hours. As a result she nearly missed her first game and more tired than if we drove. They did not even seem remorseful whatsoever What a miserable airline. And to think I joined their club to get better deals in the future. Boy did I ever get duped.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Went to Las Vegas McCarran Airport 2 hours early. 2 huge lines and a Spirit rep is yelling Minneapolis flight is cancelled because of bad weather in Chicago. I get on my smartphone and check flighttracker which reported 98% of the flights were leaving on time with only light rain in Chicago. Then they tell us they won't have a flight for us for 2 more days! Never again. It is total waste of your time effort and money.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]