Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew from Las Vegas to Denver today. Flight was 2.5 hours late. I asked if they would at least give us a free coke during the flight since we all missed dinner. "Yes" the person scanning our tickets said. But when we were en-route no freebies. Cokes were still $3 Coffee: $2. I think 1 person onboard ordered something. Everyone was too ticked off to give the airline another cent.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I would never travel with Spirit in the future and would not recommend. I booked my tickets from MSP to TMP (via Chicago) on 25 Aug and the flight was delayed. Everyone was asked to board the flight and after a 1 hr delay sitting on the plane flight attendants told passengers to deboard. After boarding again they asked all passengers traveling to Tampa to deboard again told we could not be put on another flight until 27th Aug. After waiting almost 45 mins I asked for a refund. Staff were very unpleasant.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Before flying with Spirit I actually looked to see what to expect. I mean if someone hopes to be getting four star service they should have already erased that idea after looking at the price! My departing flight from DFW to Portland was delayed by about 90 minutes because of weather from an earlier flight. That wasn't the airline's fault and they were pretty nice about it. I looked up to see what to expect and got what I expected. Their great price is totally worth it because of the amount of money that you save. Yes I believe that this airline should be a 2-star airline but when you want to get from point A to point B cheap go Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I will never fly Spirit again. Not only are their staff disgracefully rude but they make false claims about how cheap their fares are. They may not make their money on their flight fares but they make up for it by charging hefty fares for carry on and checked luggage. I recently flew Spirit for an hour long flight. It was the first time I'd flown with them for a while and I was unaware of them charging for a carry on. I had a very small carry on luggage with me and I thought nothing of it until I walked up to board my flight was told by the attendant "young lady step aside." The flight had already been delayed an hour and would cause me to miss my connecting flight. She pointed to another attendant who was even more rude. She told me my bag would cost $100 a bag that could fit under the seat. There was no option but to pay or miss the flight I'd waited an extra hour on. I will never book another flight with the airline again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

This was our first experience with Spirit and probably the last. The flight was scheduled for 10.40 my son arrived early to check in and was told it would be delayed as they were awaiting a part? It was then pushed back further because they were awaiting a crew member so needless to say the flight didn't take off until 1.30. The airline has no regard for its passengers and its not worth the cheaper fares.

Spirit Airlines customer review

DFW-PHL. No value for money here. Nickel and dimed at every point. This my first and last time on Spirit. You may save an initial $50 but you have to pay to select your seats. I wouldn't pay so my son sat at the other end of the plane. You have to pay for carry on and check in luggage and even any beverages. Never mind that we were delayed both ways. Departing from Philly they couldn't even give us a good reason.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit Airlines should be renamed "Broken Spirit Airlines" because their spirit is broken and they want to break their passengers spirit too. Our flight from Boston to Atlanta was delayed 4 hours. The return flight was also delayed by around the same time. I flew first class wasn't given anything extra no free drink or snack.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Spirit Airlines customer review

I booked my husband and his brother on a flight from MSP to Dallas. My husband had a small backpack and a small carry on bag - but with wheels. Both would get through okay on Sun Country and Delta - ones we are used to flying. He had to pay $45 to carry his wheeled one on and $100 on the way back. He said he couldn't believe how many people had to pay the $100 bag fee. We will never fly Spirit again. No beverages or snacks complimentary on board.

Spirit Airlines customer review

They had a 6 hour delay from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale and the flight was to continue to Tampa but they took that flight #615 and made a new flight and left about 14 passengers stranded at 1am at the airport. They also told us the next flight going out was at 10pm that night. They offered us a partial credit of our flight which that leg was worth $69 or we could fly into Orlando. We fly into Orlando with no way to get to Tampa. No Spirit flights from Orlando to Tampa. Cost me another $100 for a rental since I was picking my vehicle up in Orlando and dropping off in Tampa. Customer service is horrendous. I spent 36 hours awake and landed at an airport I never asked to be at and it cost me more money thanks to Spirit. Whatever you think you will save forget it go with someone else otherwise you will regret it I did. A water and tea cost $5.00.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have flown with Spirit several times in the past. Although not always a pleasant experience this was by far the worst. I always check in the day before online and print my ticket. However this occasion I was only able to check in. The email that Spirit sent with the ticket would not open or print. So I was left to print it at the airport. Unfortunately a car accident delayed traffic and I was late getting to the airport. I got to the desk 45 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off but because I didn't have a printed boarding pass the customer service representative would not check in my luggage. I was told that the next available flight wouldn't be until two days later. No other airlines or nearby airports were checked for vacancy. The customer representative then proceeded to give me the information for my next flight and began talking to the customer behind me as if I was not standing there. Three other families were in the same situation. I will never be flying with Spirit Airlines again. They certainly live up the their reputation of being the "most complained about airline" and rightly so! They deserve all of their 1/10 stars.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]