SpiceJet

"service was excellent"

Had a great experience with Spicejet from Kochi to Mumbai in the air but a pretty poor one on the ground with this airline. At check-in the Spicejet employee asked to see the credit card I booked the tickets with. I explained that between booking my tickets and travelling, my card had expired and I had been given a new one by my bank. Hardly a rare occurrence, I would assume. I had to explain this to him three times but he still asked the same question. He eventually called his supervisor who also asked me the same question, forcing me to explain again. She then called another supervisor who checked my passport and let us check in. This caused quite a delay and unnecessary annoyance. However, when we boarded and departed (on time) the service was excellent - friendly and welcoming cabin staff, clean and comfortable cabin with decent leg room (I'm 6'1" and it was more than ok for a few hours) and good value/tasty food. I'd definitely fly with Spicejet again.
RouteCOK to BOM

"manners not appreciated"

On 3rd February I took a flight from Mumbai to Kashmir from Indigo. Service at the counter was efficient and prompt. I exceeded my check-in weight limit but the counter staff acknowledged that I had no handcarry and allowed me to check in the excess weight as well, and this left a very positive impression of IndiGo. On 6th February I took a flight from Kashmir to Amritsar using SpiceJet. No complains although nothing was memorable. Most likely because my baggage was underweight and I had no Handcarry. On 9th February I had another flight with SpiceJet from Amritsar to Delhi. This time my baggage exceeded the weight limit. I had no handcarry but the staff was adament I remove items from the baggage and handcarry them. It is a simple request which can be adhered if communicated well. I was in queue for almost half an hour and shoved left and right between counters. I maintained my cool because I understand the staff was busy. Once again the counter staff told me to continue waiting as passengers from earlier flights will need to check in first. Does that mean the counter staff will rudely tell you off to remove the excess weight immediately or pay the additional fees. I am expected to wait for ages for the counter to serve me but when I am need to remove the items from my baggage, I have to let all other people to finish checking-in? Another group of passengers were complaining and they got served immediately. So should I assume that manners are not appreciated by SpiceJet? As a result the staff does not have respect for the passengers? My flight to Delhi was scheduled at 4.10pm. My boarding pass said 2.55pm. When I asked the staff about the timing, they don't know what time will the flight depart. They told me to wait and listen to the announcement. How much better can this experience with SpiceJet get?
RouteATQ to DEL
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"didn't pay close attention"

We bought a ticket for February 2, using their difficult online process with the safari browser. We didn't pay close attention to the ticket we received, until we arrived at Colombo Airport 3 hours before the flight. We then learned that our ticket was for February 15. We also learned that they had empty seats. We explained to the manager that we had to leave Sri Lanka because our visa was just about finished. He offered no help, and wouldn't even call the main office to get us a seat on the plane. So we were forced to buy a new ticket on SriLanka Airlines at the airport, and fly out that way. As I write this, I have emailed SpiceJet three times to get our money back. And understand that our tickets are still good for another week. So far, the only response I get from their customer support, is that I need to write someone else, but they don't tell me who that is. We alerted our credit card company, and hopefully we can get our money back that way.
RouteCMB to IXM

"Food was forgettable"

Several SpiceJet flights last year, ending with Goa to Mumbai. Marked improvement in on-time performance. Crew is not rude but not bothered. Food was forgettable. Decent experience for the fares offered. Bothered by lack of branding on newly acquired aircraft though.
RouteGOI to BOM
Date FlownOctober 2015

"very average experience"

(Sri Lanka)

Traveled SpiceJet from Colombo to Bangalore via Chenna return in Dec/Jan on a Q400 aircraft. Overall, it was a very average experience. The ground staff were very friendly and welcome. However, the cabin crew was the opposite as they looked tired and although they tried to be friendly, they weren't welcoming. The vegetarian subs they had on board was pathetic and considering the cheap quality, the price charged for the subs was quite high. The cabin experience is standard as you really can't expect much from a regional aircraft like the Q400 but I really feel that Colombo being an international sector with high demand, SpiceJet needs to use a Boeing 737. Will only recommend Spicejet if there is an excellent deal.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteCMB to BLR via MAA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"a great experience"

Chennai to Delhi with Spicejet. A great experience. Customer service at Chennai was excellent. Managed to book in early and the whole process was calm and smooth. Flight left slightly early and arrived 10mins early in Delhi. The onboard experience was also fine. Seats spacious enough and staff conscientious. Absolutely no complaints from any side.
RouteMAA to DEL
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"wonderful SpiceJet flight "

It was a wonderful SpiceJet flight with a low fare from Dubai to Madurai. I appreciated the acptain for this too. The cabin was neat and tidy and the cabin crew was really good, especially a stewardess who was bubbling with energy throughout the four hours. She was full of positive energy with a smile and readiness to serve. It ws great flight.
RouteDubai to Madurai
Date FlownNovember 2015

SpiceJet customer review

I was travelling SpiceJet from Pune to Dubai last week. They had clearly stated in the information card that we can pay for the items in the menu using the Indian Currency or the destination currency. Since I didnt have much of Rupees i decided to pay in Dirhams. I offered 100 AED for an item of 15AED. They said they didnt have change so I had to skip dinner. They also didnt have most of the items shown in the menu card. There was no TV in the flight which made it boring.
RoutePNQ to DXB
Date FlownOctober 2015

"Very bad customer service"

Although SpiceJet claims it is low cost, the fare is more as they are monopoly in this sector. My problem this time is non receipt of baggage in Dubai. After checking with the Lost baggage office, they show us a list of passengers whose baggage were offloaded. There was no airline staff to guide stranded passengers. We came to know that 25 bags were offloaded. After filing the lost baggage complaint, there was no way to reach SpiceJet office to arrange delivery in Abu Dhabi the next day. Finally reached them in their India toll free number. However they were not willing to deliver in Abu Dhabi. Finally I had to make arrangement to collect from Dubai airport. Their customer service was very poor. Very bad customer service. Only trying to increase their revenue at all cost.
RouteMadurai to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2015

SpiceJet customer review

I took the SpiceJet flight from Chennai to Kolkata. Boarding was on time but flight was delayed a bit and started running 15 mins late. Anyway that didn't matter because it reached Kolkata on time. The seats onboard were comfortable., and the food was okay. Overall was a nice flight.
RouteChennai to Kolkata