SpiceJet

"They appear completely incompetent"

Trip Verified | Tried to organise a business trip to Chennai last week. Had to move to this week, amending my entire schedule because SpiceJet unilaterally decided I didn't need to be in Chennai that day/week and just told me I was going when they could make it happen. Rescheduled my trip for this week, rearranged by booking and now they have amended once and cancelled once. Suggest that anyone that needs to work to a schedule should give this lot a wide berth. They appear completely incompetent.
RouteNew Delhi to Chennai
Date FlownJuly 2021

"right service in providing snacks"

Trip Verified | Air hostess has done wonderful efforts by providing right service in providing snacks at appropriate time. The options she had provided is wonderful and appreciable. Kudos to spicejet for such crew member.
RouteDelhi to Jabalpur
Date FlownJuly 2021

"will never recommend using Spicejet"

Trip Verified | Flight no SG 122. I wish there would have 0 star rating to give because they don't even deserve 1 star. They changed our flight timings at first due to which we had to change our other events timimg. Later on airport our baggage was not loaded. We had to wait 2 to 3 days to have our baggage. They were not even sorry for the same and the airport staff was very rude to help us in that situation. As a part of compensation they promised us 1500 voucher written on the attachment top. But still not received it. Even after several calls and emails they are not replying anything on the voucher status.. Not answering the calls either. Dont know why they charge so much money for such a worst service. I will never recommend using Spicejet ever to anyone. I had a worst experience ever with the airport staff. And due to no great response from customer service i believe this airlines is not a price worthy. Better use other airlines than spicejet.
RouteLeh to Delhi

"an unethical airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Spicejet are an unethical airline. They cancelled our flight in March 2020 and promised a full refund. More than 15 months later we are still waiting for that refund. SpiceJet's charter states refunds are issued within 7 days if purchased tickets by credit card. The Supreme Court of India ruled that Spicejet must pay out refunds by 31st March 2021. SpiceJet are in in serious breach of contact and legal ruling. For the last 15 months we have been in contact with SpiceJet's consumer relations, nodal officer and appellate.
RouteBangkok to New Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2020

"response in this manner was totally abnormal"

Trip Verified | After reaching airport we came to know that the flight has been cancelled/rescheduled to 28th, no prior information(email or message) about their changes, received the message only on 26th 10am that to after reached airport. Asked to refund to take alternate flight and asked who will pay for stay and food, They refused to refund the ticket amount, they suggest to cancel the ticket but told cancellation charge will applicable. See they want to do cancellation charge for the flight which was cancelled, flight which was not in schedule. After long fight alternate flight was given from Delhi, on next day 27th. Their response in this manner was totally abnormal.
RouteSrinagar to Chennai via Delhi
Date FlownJune 2021

"I had to spent an entire night at the airport"

Not Verified | SpiceJet is the most pathetic airline service out of all available services in India. They can cancel the reservation at any moment of time and will leave you hanging. Happened with me twice, being a solo female traveller I had to spent an entire night at the airport because they cancelled the flight. This happened again today. Just don't go for SpiceJet if you have any other options available.
RouteVaransi to Mumbai
Date FlownJune 2021

"staff is very unprofessional and arrogant"

Trip Verified | Their ground staff is very unprofessional and arrogant. I observed that hand baggage weight limit policy of 7kg is applied to only certain customers. I have been waiting in the que for boarding and in front of me many customers gone with higher weight and in my turn I had 2 kg extra and I have been instructed to pay 60Dhs per kg for excess weight. I honour their terms and conditions but my question is that the policy should be uniform to all customers. I don’t understand the logic behind different terms according to the face value of customers. They are favouring some customers according to their wish and relaxed for more than 10kg. When I tried to ask this to their ground staff, they were so arrogant and impatient. They kicked me out from the que and rudely told if you don’t want to pay throw your item. I have been travelling in this sector for past 17 years and used many carriers. Never experienced such behavior earlier. When I entered the flight, again surprising that there is no space to keep my hand baggage. They have collected such a heavy amount and I had to keep that items below my seat compromising leg space. When I shared my experience to their customer service team later, they come up with copy paste of standard reply format justifying their terms. Be aware about their standard so that you will not have disappointment.
RouteDubai to Kozhikode
Date FlownApril 2021

"wish to fly with Spicejet again"

Trip Verified | I traveled on 20th March 2021 from Mumbai to Delhi to Dharamshala. While I was outside the airport I was clueless on where to go due to the pandemic and was stressed about covid-19 and I asked a very friendly airport staff luckily it was your own airline Spicejet staff and he showed me the way and I met him at Spicejet counter and he greeted me with a big smile and helped me with the entire check-in process while another staff was doing the check-in and requested that staff to tagging my bag up till Dharamshala which made my trip at ease and also told me what all I need to do when I land in Delhi and also at Dharamshala. With regards to what I can carry and what I can't carry also guided me in check-in and hand luggage which made me really feel at ease as I was a single lady passenger and with the pandemic situation so I was scared and all. Apart from that I really loved him for his excellent communication skills, open-minded and friendliness, his professionalism, his passion for his work, excellent work ethic, courtesy, his manners, friendliness and open-minded attitude towards cultural awareness and he knows how to treat a passenger like a guest in his own home with respect without any discrimination unlike what I saw at Mumbai airport how poor people are treated. He also had put priority and transfer tag on my luggage so it gets loaded separately as promised by him, excited to see the bag come out 1st and that was very sweet of him. He is an excellent example of what customer service is. Though he didn't do my check in he has left a mark on me and he is the reason I wish to fly with Spicejet again and see more staff like him and his excellent habits
RouteMumbai to Dharamshala via Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Masks should not be removed at any cost on flights"

Not Verified | For a two hour flight food was served in this pandemic situation. People are removing their masks and happily eating was if there is no problem. This makes the situation very difficult during this covid situation we are dealing with. Masks should not be removed at any cost on flights when people are sitting next to each other. Please stop serving food in flight. And help everyone by doing this.
RouteBangalore to Ahmedabad
Date FlownApril 2021

"a very comfortable flight"

Not Verified | Very friendly crew and a very comfortable flight. Felt at ease, got great sleep. One of the best flights in recent times. For a change the crew made us feel at home, unlike most flights where we can't wait to get over with the travel.
RouteSrinagar to Kolkata