SpiceJet

"never recommend Spicejet"

Trip Verified | Hubli to Hyderabad. Worst of the worst. They can’t operate as per schedule. My international flights and all the programs are rescheduled because of this airline. I will never recommend Spicejet airlines in my life!
RouteHubli to Hyderabad
Date FlownNovember 2018

"experienced it overall as good"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Goa via Chennai. All flights were on time and the airplanes were very new. I had only hand luggage. They really check the weight, so make sure you only bring 7 kilos or take something out before they weigh it. They only provide you one cup of free water (maybe you can ask for more), but it was no problem to bring my own little bottle of water. When your luggage get checked at the airport, they don't throw the bottle away. For food you have to pay and it seemed like they have only factory fabricated kind of food. But this was also no problem, as my flights were very short. The flight attendants were young girls and they were friendly. I experienced it overall as good.
RouteColombo to Goa via Chennai
Date FlownNovember 2018

"they are so inefficient"

Trip Verified | Jaipur to Goa via Ahmedabad . Save your money and don’t fly with them. 4.5 hours turned into 8.5 hrs. More time was spent waiting than actually in air flying. No communication was given as we were herded like sheep from one security point to the next. Initially the flight was late 1.5 hours. We flew to Ahmedabad which was 55 minutes. The same plane flight was to continue on to Goa. However it didn’t. Everyone continuing on to Goa was asked to stay seated and present their ticket. Ten minutes later another passenger informed us we had to change planes. We exited to a bus which took us out of the airport then back in- through security once again then made to wait an additional 2.5 hours. Originally to be in Goa at 4:10pm actual arrival 8:30pm. Not to mention their staff is terrible, no smiles, compassion, communication. I was shocked at how little we were told about what was going on. I thought Spicejet was a reputable company but they are so inefficient it’s ridiculous. They did off meal vouchers for the inconvenience. I would have preferred a customer service agent that didn’t stare blankly and say he accepted the situation but would do nothing to resolve it.
RouteJaipur to Goa via Ahmedabad

"the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Pune. I travelled SpiceJet for the first time & this was the worst experience as compared to other airlines. They are charging for checkin bag, you can carry only hand bag - if your carrying checkin bag you have to pay for that as per the weight. In SpiceJet the seat arrangements are very compact as compared to other airlines, you can't stretch your legs properly. There will be no complementary food, you have to pay for food. The crew & airport staff don't know how to treat the customers, they are very rude.
RouteDelhi to Pune

"the worst web site"

Trip Verified | Pune to Dubai. I would mention here that their Web Site is the worst web site of all I have so far dealt with. Its not reliable at all. As we have limited options in that price range one has to deal with this issue all the time.
RouteDubai to Mumbai
Date FlownMay 2018

"Spicejet is a very cheap"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Guwhati. Sat on my seat and saw a used spoon and a knife left there in the magazing holder. I asked the staff to take it away to which she replied leave it there, I'll take it later. Actually, you should have taken it away even before you started boarding. Spicejet is a very cheap and fast way to travel but I guess that does not mean you can drop your standards that low, leaving dirty cutlery from the last passengers for the new ones. I am still paying big bucks.
RouteDelhi to Guwhati

"It feels like hell"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Cochin. Worst airline in the world. They charge all the cabin luggage. My cabin bag was 7kg when checking at home. SpiceJet says it is 7.4 kg, ask me to pay extra charge for 1 kg. Also they charge me extra for Duty free items purchased from airport. Safety belt hook was not working in my seat. Toilet are dirty and flush not working properly. Passage is too narrow, congested. Flight delay 40 minutes for take off without any reason. Delay of luggage on arrival. It feels like hell.
RouteDubai to Cochin

"Never recommend"

Trip Verified | New Delhi to Varanasi. Spicejet has turned out to be my worst flight experience till now. This is the only airline that thinks telling passengers about the flight delay is not necessary as they delay their flights daily. I was travelling to varanasi on 30/10/18 10.10 am flight and a had a same day return via IndiGo 6.30 pm flight. After reaching airport I got to know the flight is delayed by 3 hrs, I had received no message or email so I decided to postpone my trip to next day after paying 4k as penalty for rescheduling IndiGo to next day and guess what next - same story next day. Moral of the story is Spicejet sucks. Rating negative. Never recommend.
RouteNew Delhi to Varanasi
Date FlownAugust 2018

"improve on time performance"

Trip Verified | Guwahati to Chennai. SpiceJet can hardly be relied upon for punctuality. The thing to be noticed is that it is in major routes and also that the delays are huge whenever they happen. So if one has a connecting flight, train or bus, one has to keep fingers crossed. Risky. The airline needs to improve on time performance.
RouteGuwahati to Chennai
Date FlownAugust 2018

"I have to buy a new ticket"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Madurai. Extremely unhappy- I was told at 7:20 am that the doors had closed for a 7:50 am flight, for a 7:25am boarding time! Have no luggage at all, the counter sent me to ticketing and they just said that I have to buy a new ticket. Took the next flight after paying 5K for 9:50am and the gates to board haven’t opened at 9:45am. I have been warned by others that this is the worst of them all! Shame on you
RouteChennai to Madurai