SpiceJet

"you can do way better"

Trip Verified | I did not receive the confirmation email for my booking, although I received promotional email immediately after my booking even I opted-out promotional emails. I traveled from United States to India with two check-in bags and week later I booked a domestic flight in Spicejet. Ticket cost INR 6000+ and also I purchased extra baggage allowance for my 2nd check-in that cost INR 12000+ and total cost is INR18205. Little did I know that I am not qualified to carry my 2nd check-in that cost INR12000. So I contacted customer service and apparently it's not refundable. So I asked them cancel the entire ticket and cancellation charge cost INR4000 even though I purchased their own so called insurance. Their check-in baggage allowance weight is 20kg (44lbs) which is the least of least of airlines I flew so far. I am a very frequent flyer and have been flying from last 15 years in western countries and never ever this happened in any other airlines. These fares are totally unreasonable even for western standards for a 50 mins flight. Come on Spicejet, you can do way better.
RouteHyderabad to Chennai
Date FlownJuly 2020

"shameless and insensitive airline"

Not Verified | Me and my son were about to travel from Delhi to Jharsuguda, Due to covid case the authority had sealed the whole society and no one was allowed to go out. SpiceJet had not listened even after providing all the Govt sealing documents, we asked them to at least give a credit note but they are a shameless and insensitive airline.
RouteDelhi to Jharsuguda
Date FlownJune 2020

"will keep money as credit shell"

Trip Verified | I have booked flight with them 3 times during this pandemic to get back home. Every time i give them a call to confirm the status of the flight before I booked but on all 3 occasion it keeps getting cancelled? I pay fair difference too. But now after 3rd failure, when I called them and ask my money back so first they says it not their policy and they will keep money as credit shell. But after long talk they gave me assurance for return the money. But it was all just a joke. Also, their CS team gives misinformation and I filed a complaint twice to them. I am still waiting to hear from them which they promise in next 3 working days. May be once more they make me fool.
RouteCoimbatore to Ahmedabad
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the worst Airline"

Not Verified | SpiceJet is the worst Airline. Once the payment is done' they do not care about it's customers. I have been mailing them for weeks trying to contact them to cancel my flight or at least reschedule it but they are not responding at all. The customer care staff is the worst they do not really care about their customers at all. All that matters is money. Once the payment is done they do not care about anybody. Even at this time when the world is fighting Corona they expect me to either board in the flight else I will be refunded on 380 rupees for tickets costing 16000. In case I want to reschedule my flight I will have to pay rupees 3000 per passenger which is illogical. They keep telling us their policies which I believe are not for such epidemic situations. But they won't help us in any way. I will never travel via SpiceJet again and I recommend never ever to choose SpiceJet even in the worst conditions.
RouteDelhi to Bagdogra
Date FlownJune 2020

"they knew it'll get canceled"

Not Verified | I booked a flight from Bengaluru to Patna for 23 March, They changed the flight purposely free of charge, I was still happy thinking that they might have some problem but still they gave me a better option but i didn't know they're doing it on purpose. And giving me a flight which they knew it'll get canceled, So when again when I contacted them the agent told me to change the flight I need to pay almost 11 thousands more, these guys are robbers.
RouteBengaluru to Patna

"Shame on you SpiceJet"

Trip Verified | Jaipur to Udaipur. I was about to check in, and I have been denied by the company for improper Seat?. I could not get on board, so  I had to hire a taxi to reach destination that trip took me the all day to reach destination. As compensation, Spicejet offer me a partial remission instead of full ticket refund. they were supposed to process compensation within 7 up to 10 days. Today I am still waiting for it? Eespite my reminders NO REPLY from their services. This the way SpiceJet customer service are dealing with their customers. What is this behavior? Shame on you SpiceJet.
RouteJaipur to Udaipur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"served unexpected complimentary refreshments"

Trip Verified | Goa to Jodphur via Mumbai with SpiceJet. Both flights took off and landed on time. I was served unexpected complimentary refreshments on both flights. I had expected to pay for anything but was told that what I was given was free. I had Aisle Seats (4C and 5C) which were reasonably comfortable and leg room was just adequate (I have long legs). The aircraft's were relatively new and clean (I did not use the toilets). Announcements were in both Hindi and English. As expected there was no inflight entertainment. There was a long layover in Mumbai, with the night spent (at my expense) in a nearby hotel, there were no problems with my luggage coming from the flight.
RouteGoa to Jodphur via Mumbai

"worst customer service"

Not Verified | I have booked my ticket from Hyderabad to Madurai. I live in Canada, due to pandemic around the world everything is cancelled and can't travel to India. Spicejet has the worst customer service. No phone # local or international to talk to. Have emailed them for weeks no response. While every airlines have been helpful. Spicejet is not even responding or helping with anything.
RouteHyderabad to Madurai

"helpful ground staff"

Trip Verified | Port blair to Mumbai via Chennai. Very helpful ground staff, cabin crew and the counters. Nice co-operation and guidance. Timely takeoff and landing. Temperature maintenance inside flight and convenient.
RoutePort Blair to Mumbai via Chennai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"enjoyed before time departure"

Trip Verified | Madurai to Mumbai. Excellent experience, enjoyed before time departure as well as arrival. It was a smooth ride with perfect Take-off and Landing. Cabin crew performance was excellent.
RouteMadurai to Mumbai