SpiceJet

"improve on time performance"

Trip Verified | Guwahati to Chennai. SpiceJet can hardly be relied upon for punctuality. The thing to be noticed is that it is in major routes and also that the delays are huge whenever they happen. So if one has a connecting flight, train or bus, one has to keep fingers crossed. Risky. The airline needs to improve on time performance.
RouteGuwahati to Chennai
Date FlownAugust 2018

"I have to buy a new ticket"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Madurai. Extremely unhappy- I was told at 7:20 am that the doors had closed for a 7:50 am flight, for a 7:25am boarding time! Have no luggage at all, the counter sent me to ticketing and they just said that I have to buy a new ticket. Took the next flight after paying 5K for 9:50am and the gates to board haven’t opened at 9:45am. I have been warned by others that this is the worst of them all! Shame on you
RouteChennai to Madurai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"The very worst airline"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Mumbai. The very worst airline. They are calculating even the laptop weight also even though the flight is almost empty. I will consider not to use this airline in entire journey.
RouteDubai to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never travel SpiceJet again"

Trip Verified | I booked a return ticket Mumbai to Delhi and now on my return journey they are using me to pay Rs. 400 more because on my return ticket they have printed "hand baggage fare only". This is a sly underhand way of extracting money from their customers. How is it possible this was not printed on my ticket from BOM-DEL? They are blaming IRCTC for this and saying don't book through IRCTC. Why are they selling tickets through 3rd parties? I am never going to travel with SpiceJet again.
RouteMumbai to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"you must pay for everything"

Trip Verified | Flew Spicejet from Tirupati to Hyderabad as I travel for my holidays to SE Asia. Like many have said on this site, this is probably the worst Indian airline to travel with. In comparison with IndiGo or Vistara, nothing is free, you must pay for everything. The ticket price is not that cheap compared to other Indian airline, the story began when the flight was delayed for more than an hour without communication with us. After that, we boarded an old plane with nothing onboard - tight legroom, rude staff, A/C not working, toilet disgusting etc. Luckily, the flight was not that and was still able to made in to my flight at 10 pm to get on my flight to SE Asia via Dubai. My advice - don't travel on Spicejet if you can help. Try and fly another airline whenever possible.
RouteTirupati to Hyderabad
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"The worst airline service"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Hyderabad. The worst airline service you, they will push you to buy all the additional services and charge you for the same but they will never deliver the services. When you ask for a refund or ask for an explanation why the services not provided, the support team will make you run in circle’s, Manager’s or supervisors will never come on the phone.
RouteBangalore to Hyderabad
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"such issue for My hand bag"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Mumbai. Hand Luggage : As per the policy 7 KG hand luggage was allowed . The crew made me pay for the laptop / purse / dutyfree purchases etc etc. My First time experience in 15 years of travelling. Never ever I have faced such issue for My hand bag. I had to pay AED 300 The flight was half empty.
RouteDubai to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"had to pay for my baggage"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Delhi. Cheating customers by selling only cabin baggage only fare on one online travel site while other online travel site is selling at same price but 15kg allowance. I had to pay for my baggage in a domestic flight when I purchased a Hand Baggage Only fare. The leg space is so bad for even someone like me who is a girl of average height. Even the seat in front of me feels like on my face nor does my seat decline as it’s the seat before emergency exit.
RouteMumbai to Delhi

"Very disappointing"

Trip Verified | We traveled Delhi to Dubai and vise versa. They did not even provide complimentary Water bottle Which they give in domestic travel. In flight Meal is very low quality and bad. they even take overweight charge for products bought from duty free shop which is free with other airlines this they did to make up for unsold tickets which we could make out when we boarded the plane. I am frequent international traveler but traveled with Spicejet for the first time I decided to travel with them due to my travel experience with them in domestic travel. Only positive is the in-flight staff which is good. Very disappointing Indian carrier of such level.
RouteDelhi to Dubai

"keep up the good work"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Pune. Spicejet is a very good airline and I reach my destination on time. This time I made a mistake by taking my sisters phone inside the airport and since I passed the security area, there was no way for me to physically hand over the phone. Spicejet staff was very courteous and caring and they helped me get the phone back to my sister. Kudos to the staff and please keep up the good work.
RouteBangalore to Pune