SpiceJet

"staff could do absolutely nothing"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Mumbai via Delhi. Definitely the worst airline I've flown in the past 10 years. I took 4 flights in the last 7 days and all of them were delayed by 4-6 hours. I wasted multiple hotel reservations. I was verbally threatened by an intoxicated man on board and the staff could do absolutely nothing to assist or resolve the issue. My first and my last with this failing airline. Will make sure to spread the word.
RouteBangkok to Mumbai via Delhi
Date FlownMay 2019

"Each delay for 3-4 hours"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bangkok delayed by 4hrs 50 mins, This has got to be one of the worst airlines. I took 4 flights in the last 7 days between Bangkok, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Delhi to Bangkok. None of the 4 flights were on time. Each delay were for 3-4 hours. Above and beyond all of this, crews are arrogant.
RouteDelhi to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2019

"No info given to passengers"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Ahmedabad. I had my flight scheduled at 7pm 16th May 2019. I reached the airport at 16.30, as it was far from my place. Without any calls or any message I got the information at the counter that the flight has been rescheduled for 1:10 am. I had to wait for 8.30 hrs. Worst was more that they boarded us at 1.30 am on 17th may 2019 and the aircraft flew at 2am. No info is given to the passengers on email nor on phone.
RouteBengaluru to Ahmedabad

"the flight got delayed"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Chennai to Madurai. I booked 9.50am flight as I wanted to reach Madurai before 1pm. And I received a message that the flight got delayed to 11.40am due to the operational issues. Now again the schedule got pushed to 12.10. I spoke to one of the SpiceJet officer in charge and he confirmed that affected passengers will be compensated with "Samosa Cake and a drink". I wrote to SpiceJet as well, but they are not really mindful about customer's discomfort.
RouteChennai to Madurai

"would not recommend it"

Trip Verified | I book a trip from Delhi to Hong-Kong and same to come back. Both planes were delayed by more than two hours. On top of it, you get an email 2h 30 before your flight that it is going to be delayed... Maybe a bit late don't you think ? And no clear information about any compensation for the delay. I would not recommend it. Pay a little more but at least you will be on time.
RouteDelhi to Hong Kong

"would recommend Spicejet"

Trip Verified | Amritsar to Dubai. Had a huge and great family vacation with my joint family. I'm glad we took the Spicemax premium economy service as then we got more legroom. My child was crying in the flight and so the cabin staff did come to try and calm her down. It was very sweet of them. I would recommend Spicejet, especially if you're on a budget and looking for good quality services. I would add that the meal was also decent. Not too great though.
RouteAmritsar to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2019

"overall experience was pleasant"

Trip Verified | Adampur to Delhi with SpiceJet. Was traveling on some business and the company had booked through Yatra. While it doesn't usually matter to me which flight/airline I take as the travel is for a particular purpose, I would rate the overall experience as a pleasant one. The cucumber, tomato and cheese sandwich on the multigrain bread loaf was also tasty.
RouteAdampur to Delhi

"Flight was fine"

Trip Verified | Varanasi to Hyderabad. Flight was fine. I did not face a major problem. In hindsight if food could have been given I would have enjoyed the flight more. However since it was a short route I can understand why they did not. I would not mind traveling Spicejet again.
RouteVaranasi to Hyderabad
Date FlownMarch 2019

"cabin staff were polite"

Trip Verified | Vishakhapatnam to Hyderabad. I had a pleasant flight with Spicejet. The cabin staff were polite and so was the overall crew from the airport to the flight itself. The flight left relatively on time and was short and sweet. I would recommend it to others.
RouteVishakhapatnam to Hyderabad
Date FlownMarch 2019

"had the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Calicut. I had the worst experience with spicejet. First of all the changed the timing from 4:15pm to 7:20pm, and upon checking when we asked they told us the flight was again delayed and will be flying at 8:50pm. Upon reaching Kozhikode we came to know that none of our luggage were send from Dubai, which is absolutely irresponsible and the worst thing. And the help desk counter in Calicut was the worst. I would never ever fly with spicejet again.
RouteDubai to Calicut