Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

23-27 May 2013 Columbus OH - CMH to Ft. Lauderdale FL - FLL. Southwest is our preferred airline and we fly 3-5 times a year. Every time we've used another airline (because someone else was booking the flights or Southwest flights for the times we needed were full) we've regretted it. When we first flew Southwest it took us awhile to get used to how seats are chosen because we'd always flown airlines that had assigned seats. Now we just pay the extra $10 per person for early boarding and make friends with the people around us who are waiting to board. We love how friendly the flight crews are and that their fun personalities come through during the flights. They are funny personable helpful. During one flight there was loud knocking on the outside of the plane which caused the plane to be re-routed to change planes. Southwest gave us a credit for the trouble without us asking.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I had a connection in ATL on my way to BWI after taxiing out we went back to the gate with mechanical issues. The de-icer warning light came on. They told us we would have to wait for the plane to be fixed as there were no available planes after de-boarding they said they had found another plane for us. It got us to our destination 5 hours late I missed my shuttle and had to rent a car to arrive at my destination on time. I called SWA and they willingly issued me a travel voucher for $300 to cover the cost of the car. I was happy with this compromise although cash would have been best. The crew etc were fine no issues there. The only thing I can say and it might be too critical is I would have expected them to be more proactive about reimbursing for the inconvenience.

Southwest Airlines customer review

CLE-MCI with a stopover at MDW. The flight crew were attentive and nice and the plane a Boeing 737-700 was very clean.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I will never fly Southwest again even though they were $300 cheaper than the opposition. I have never had this many flight delays in my 10 years of flying combined that I have had with SWA in the last 2 days! The weather has been good! If you want to save money and don't care about things like arriving/departing on time they aren't that bad. Also I am not a fan of the royal rumble/every man for his own seat scenario that plays out every flight. I sincerely felt as if we were playing musical chair every time that we dumped off another filled-to the seats load that we just picked up on our fourth stop. Putting my bag way in the front and then hiking to the back for my seat wasn't a blast either. All in all the savings in my opinion does not warrant the lack of professional services that should be granted from an airline.

Southwest Airlines customer review

LAX-LAS-DEN flight delayed due to mechanical problems. After a 2 hr delay gate agent announced we would receive $100 vouchers off future travel. We couldn't re-book on the next flight as it was full. Unfortunately problem was not fixed and flight was canceled 4 hrs after scheduled departure. We were re-booked and arrived 6 hours late. While I understand mechanical issues happen such a long delay is unacceptable on a short 1 hr flight such as LAX-LAS. Southwest should have been able to swap out an aircraft at a major hub such as LAX. Prompt re-booking when the problem was first discovered could have got passengers to their destinations sooner. Otherwise cabin was clean and In-flight service good featuring pretzels peanuts and complimentary soft drinks. The new "Evolve" seating is uncomfortable and cramped with 31" pitch. Admittedly such a lengthy delay is not customary for Southwest but their overall punctuality and cabin comfort has deteriorated in the past few years.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I'm consistency taking Southwest out of Midway to a variety of different places (LAX PHX ABQ DEN HOU LAS) and its usually the redeye. I can always judge the best and worst of airlines based on their customer service during their redeye hours. Airlines staff have always been friendly and accommodating. My partner for example was feeling ill after a trip and he was granted an early boarding pass after explaining his situation to the boarding crew. You also can't beat two free bags and no change fees; I was able to use the funds from a canceled flight towards another. Rewards program is pretty good too especially if you have a Southwest card.

(Brazil)

LAS-SEA first time flying Southwest my whole experience should be described as a visit to the zoo you line to the check in kiosks at airport where you print your boarding pass and insert the bags into the system then line again to see the agent with your tags the funny part is yet to come! Boarding process as someone here said is a cattle car thing they board by groups and family traveling together in different groups start scenes on the gate it delays everything. Onboard crew not well groomed I had the impression they hated being there. The more I fly American legacy carriers the more I stop complaining about Brazilian airlines.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I fly Southwest a lot even though I don't like their cattle car boarding procedure. My latest problem with them is their customer service or lack of. I had a flight scheduled from Little Rock to Houston which was delayed 50 minutes so would miss my connection in Houston. Called to reschedule for the next day and was told I would have to pay an extra $170 for changing my flight. They offered no help and insisted I would have to pay the upgrade fee even though they had plenty of seats on flights the next day. If the flight had been delayed an hour instead of 50 minutes they would've changed my flight free!
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Southwest Airlines customer review

Badly handled 3-hour delay CMH to DEN flight. This is the first time in my history with Southwest so I don't know who to blame for the misinformation lack of information and lack of concern from the CMH ground personnel. Obviously my unfailing praise for Southwest has been tempered. I hope they do some personnel training so future passengers are treated better. Date of this was 5/20/13.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Southwest airlines was able to give me the worst experience I ever had flying in an airplane which is very difficult considering I am on a flight 3-4 days a week. This was on Flight 110 from FLL to BNA on May 20 the flight was initially delayed for a short period of time due to ground delay and then a ground stop. However 60 minutes into waiting on the runway the flight had to return to the gate because they were out of required fuel. I have spent my share of long waits on runway but never had a flight turnback for fuel for a delay of 60-90 mins. This speaks about Southwest's abject lack of focus on customer service and complete focus on economics. The flight pushed back from gate after 1.20pm even though the gate was closed 5-10 mins before it and its now 3.03pm we are parked at the gate waiting for fuel refill. There hasn't been a single word or indication of when the expected time of departure or ETA is and the flight staff seem to be only smiling at our misery.