Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

I have traveled Southwest for years. Always good service and friendly flight attendants. Recently I flew from Omaha to Las Vegas. I arrived at McCarran Airport at approximately 12.10pm. I had to get to my shuttle location by 12.30pm otherwise I would have to wait until 2pm to catch the next shuttle. I didn't think that there was anyway I could catch the 12.30pm shuttle because of the time to get the baggage off the plane. To my complete amazement the luggage arrived very quickly and I was able to get to the shuttle that left at 12.30pm.

(New Zealand)

I've flown 12 separate flights on Southwest over the last 5 months and I have always found the flights to be pleasant. The line-up seating encourages passengers to interact and the crew have always been friendly and helpful. The on-board wi-fi for $8/day was well worth the expense and can be off-set by the fact that there is no charge for up to two 50 lb bags! Granted there is no 5-star service but Southwest provides an enjoyable experience for a great price.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Definitely not for families as you will have to be seated separately throughout the plane. The initial airfare is low until you pay the extra fees for earlier check-in times so you get a chance to sit together. I checked in 2 hours early sat in the back seat where the cabin narrows very uncomfortable and my family was spread throughout the plane. To my surprise flight attendants got up after sitting in passenger allocated seating after everyone had boarded and joked about empty seats! This airline is a nightmare! However if you are traveling alone and can check in at least a week early and are comfortable with pushing shoving and being rude then maybe this airline is for you.

Southwest Airlines customer review

OAK - HOU round trip 73Fs both ways and I was in Seat 5F going and 4F on the return. Evolve Interior not bad and my only complaint is a lack of power ports. Cute cookies. Staff not at all bad. Only real complaint was that outbound flight was delayed but they made up for the delay in the air so even though I literally ran through HOU I did pick up my rental car before they closed for the day.

Southwest Airlines customer review

They did not hold my plane for my connecting flight. I asked the flight attendant to whisk me to the front of the plane so I could make a run for it and he said "they'll hold the plane for you. I've worked here for 25 years and we've never just left someone behind." Well after waiting for 100 people to deplane I made a run for it and got to the gate just as the plane was pulling away.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Had a flight from MD to FL the most unorganized flight I have ever been on. It is as if they have never had a flight before! Yes it was that bad! I have been using this company for years and after this experience I will never use them again! It was simply chaos. Avoid at all cost!

Southwest Airlines customer review

August 2013 DEN-OMA-DEN. Travelled to Omaha for business trip. Plane about 80% full both flights. First time in a long time-actually can't remember when-both flights arrived on time. FAs very pleasant and helpful really nothing to criticize; would recommend based on punctuality alone.

Southwest Airlines customer review

LAX-DEN-MKE-LAX. All flights worked a treat except a delay out of Denver due to fog of all things - and Denver sits at 5000 feet! Paid for early check-in and was in low A group every time. Once you understand their system and its quite logical SW is a great airline to fly with.

Southwest Airlines customer review

HOU-LGA-HOU on 737-300 both ways. Boarding was chaotic; cattle herding people onto the plane was very unusual and not efficient. Seats and aircraft were outdated. Seats were very uncomfortable and gave me little legroom. I found myself having to move around in my seat every 30 seconds. Flight attendants were slow to respond. Inflight entertainment was a SkyMall magazine free viewing of the news networks (FOX ABC etc.) free flight tracking software and slow overpriced wifi for 8 USD. Turbulence was awful coming into LGA. Only good thing about was that you get 2 bags free.

Southwest Airlines customer review

July 23 flight 2528. Very poor customer service from flight attendant. I realize its been a long day for them but when customer service is 90% of your job the expectation is that you bite your younger when passengers are upset about unexpected plane changes. Her condescending "Hun" is unacceptable.