Southwest Airlines

"people are frustrated and look defeated"

Trip Verified | We arrive early to find out the 8:55pm flight is delayed nearly hours. I have my pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter sitting at the airport at 11pm only to find out the plane we are waiting for hasn't left Los Angeles yet and to expect more delays. I know it's not profitable but warm up another plane, wake up a local crew and get these people moving. You should see this terminal right now ... people are frustrated and look defeated.
RouteLas Vegas to Burbank
Date FlownAugust 2022

"no moral or respect for their customers"

Trip Verified | Got notified at 10am by email an hour before the flight leaves stating that flight will be canceled and I was rebooked for 3pm flight. My flight was supposed to land at 6pm in Dallas, now if I take the flight at 3pm I won't land til 12am. I have a 10 year old and he has school the next morning. Southwest has no moral or respect for their customers. They want us to arrive early and be prepared but they don't. They can over book flights and canceled them with no repercussions but when we do something such as canceling our flights they won't refund us back our money.
RouteTucson to Dallas
Date FlownAugust 2022

"flight has now been delayed by 4 hours"

Trip Verified | I arrived 2 hours early for my flight home for my mother in laws memorial service only to be told that my flight has now been delayed by 4 hours so now I'm sitting at the airport from a flight that was supposed to leave at 8:15 AM now not leaving until 12:10 PM. I'm sitting at the airport for 6 hours only to be told that my flight was delayed due to a mechanical issue then I was told that it was due to Weather. I don't appreciate being lied to. I was offered a raggedy $200 love voucher which did nothing for me With my flight being delayed by 4 hours. I missed the service in addition to having to change my rental car pick up time. My return flight home with my partner was delayed again again only to be told that that it was weather but we were pushed back for over an hour and a 1/2. I called Southwest spoke to a representative who told me that corporate would be calling me gave me a confirmation number but I have yet to hear from anyone about about this issue.
RouteAtlanta to Washington

"above average experience"

Not Verified | Fantastic service and friendliness - above average experience. Singing on the microphone, making jokes to ease nervous passengers, no sarcasm just positive humor, just world class service! snacks are sub par but i brought some of my own!
RouteSyracuse to Dallas via Baltimore
Date FlownAugust 2022

"canceled our flight with very short notice"

Not Verified | I appreciate almost everything about Southwest Airlines: their friendly staff members, their free check bags, and even their customer service agents. But what really brings my review in today is a frustration that really ruined the experience altogether. After an anticipated flight home they texted to report that they had canceled our flight, with very short notice. They then rebooked us for another flight with 7+ hrs of airtime. Traveling with an infant makes that possibility near disaster. When I tried to call and rebook (the customer service gal was very courteous, but there wasn’t much she could do) every other flight was significantly longer in airtime or wasn’t until weeks out (since all the more direct flights had been sold out probably months ago). I would like Southwest to consider how this effects the people of whom they claim to care for. The short notice on cancelation left us no choice but to bite the bullet and pay a more expensive ticket on another airline (since its booking a day before) or waste time that could have been spent with the family we were hoping to see and take the longer more miserable travel route. I’m not sure on the reason for the cancelation but a promise/commitment to provide a service should mean something, especially when you pay for it! It would be nice if they would follow through. Regardless of the fact that they may lose a little money by flying a plane that doesn’t get sold out. If the cancelation was for other reasons not related to business or money, I may understand. If that is the case this review can be disregarded.
RouteDenver to Spokane
Date FlownAugust 2022

"You can't treat human beings like this"

Not Verified | Southwest flight 4790 just packed us all on this plane like sardines and then missed their departure window because there was too many people to board. Now we are all sitting here stuck on a plane that can not be wheels up for over an hour. We were told not to leave the aircraft but that the doors would be left open only for legal purposes. It's hot as heck and super stuffy in here. No water has be offered. This feels wrong. You can't treat human beings like this.
RouteDenver to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2022

"the worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | This was the worst flying experience I have ever had. They were short staffed with pilots so they cancelled the Austin leg of our flight because of the time constraints we were forced to spend 24 hours at the airport and after three failed attempts to put on standby flights and showing no empathy I finally got on a flight to Vegas with my wife and two kids one of them 6 years old. He is emotionally scared now from the frustration, also when we arrived in Vegas they switched our baggage claim 3 times.
RouteFlorida to Las Vegas via Denver

"Ridiculous service"

Trip Verified | We arrived at 9.15am for a flight that was to be boarding at 10. When we arrived the flight was delayed to 10.50am due to unknown reason. Once we had arrived to Baltimore we had a 4 hour layover which had turned into a 3 hour layover because of our delay at the previous airport. Southwest also makes you board in assigned numbers, but doesn’t give you assigned seats so every man/woman for themselves. They then delayed that flight back another 2 hours due to weather which had not even arrived in the area yet. When we had finally boarded the plane we began again to wait while the 3 flight attendants made jokes and conversed when they should’ve been making sure we are ready for take-off. They then introduced a new flight attendant and rode around the runway for no reason which takes more time away from our travel. After that we waited again as they delayed the flight for weather purposes. While we were delayed while sitting in the plane they attempted to try and take us back to the airport to let us off the plane and we were told they couldn’t because the boarding terminal wasn’t set up so we’ve been sitting in the plane and the airport for hours. Weather has been great all day until 5-6 pm, I’m so confused on how we have not arrived to our destination but yet my arrival time says 5pm and yet it’s 6.30pm and I still have yet to leave the airport! Ridiculous service.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max8
RouteBaltimore to Greenville
Date FlownAugust 2022

"This airline needs to stop lying to their customers"

Trip Verified | There were several delays. My flight was scheduled to leave at 10.25 pm then 11.00 pm, a few more delays and then cancelled around midnight. No vouchers were offered. I had to find my own hotel and was rebooked on a flight the next day at 10.25 pm. Now I’m sitting at the Phoenix airport and and after a few more delays I just received a text stating the flight is again delayed until 12.37 am. Worst customer service ever. One of the customer service reps told me the one hour delay was because they were holding the flight for a few passengers. An hour delay for a few passengers? Not likely. Last night we were told they were waiting on a crew member. Today they told me yesterday‘s flight was cancelled because of weather. This airline needs to stop lying to their customers. The also don’t have an agreement with other airlines so they won’t get anyone a flight with another carrier. Don’t use Southwest if you need to be anywhere important.
RouteMidway to Boise via Phoenix
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst airline I have seen lately"

Trip Verified | Southwest is the worst airline I have seen lately my 7:00 pm flight is now delayed till 11:45 pm. I took a walk down the concourse every single gate 22 of them are delayed by at least 1:5 hours. The gate agent trying to tell me it’s the weather so apparently bad weather compassing the entire US for about 4 hours.
RouteAtlanta to Orlando