Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

Will use this airline again when travelling in the US. We flew San Diego to Las Vegas and SW was the only one that offered a direct flight at less than half the price and as a family of 7 we got to sit together. The flight attendants were very friendly.

Southwest Airlines customer review

In the past I have always been very happy with Southwest however after today I am extremely upset. I had purchased a ticket of which I was not able to use. They were able to extend the unused ticket for 1 year. Today I called to attempt to use the ticket only to find out that I will not be able to use the credit as my trip is 2 weeks beyond the 1 year mark. I called customer service to request an extension ($50.00 fee of which I would happily pay). I am told that I have to wait for the credit to expire prior to their ability to extend the credit. I would then take the risk of not being able to get the flights I need for my upcoming trip. Poor Customer Service Southwest.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Never flying Southwest again. Their boarding/seating process is horrible and needlessly stressful; their "new hip" thing among flight staff is really annoying. My fiancé and I flew across the country to get married last weekend. Of course we wanted to sit together on the 5 hour flight. But with the ridiculous system of no assigned seats there was no way to assure this. On the way back we got stuck in separate seats surrounded by a yelling and singing boy scout troop. To make things worse the flight attendants cranked up the volume on the PA system and sang the safety demonstration. In fact all announcements were done in song. This should be illegal. They seemed to think it was clever but it was a real nightmare to be strapped into one of those tiny seats surrounded by pimply screaming boy scouts and then endure warbling flight attendants blasting through the overhead speakers. A truly horrible airline. I will pay double triple quadruple to avoid flying Southwest. I will walk or crawl across the country rather than fly with these people.

Southwest Airlines customer review

This was my first time flying Southwest. I've used United an Delta most other times and now I know why. There is absolutely no room on these planes. your knees are all but touching the seat in front of you and the seats are way too small. I weigh 128lbs and I was very uncomfortable. I was hot and miserable. The captain never spoke to us during the flight. I've never had that happen with any other airline.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I fly Southwest all the time but this particular trip was not so great! I found a really cheap flight with a 1 hr layover which turned into a 3 hr layover. Because my original flight destination time was so late a 3 hr layer had me arriving at 2am when all public transportation (which I use) has ended. I think I should have been compensated for my transportation to the city.

Southwest Airlines customer review

As a former Northwest/Delta Airlines customer (exclusively) I may be easier to impress. Southwest recently started direct flights between Phoenix and Minneapolis. We purchased tickets in May at what we considered to be very reasonable fare for a roundtrip to celebrate our grandson's second birthday in Minneapolis. My father passed away two weeks prior to our scheduled departure. I called SW seeking assistance. After a brief discussion regarding the circumstances and flight availability the associate announced a fee of $783.00. With the shortest of pauses (I was choosing an appropriate reaction) he asked me to hold while he consulted with a Customer Care agent. A few more questions resulted in a change in three of the four legs of our trip for a total cost of $10.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I flew SouthWest a number of times between US cities and really like the product they offer. It is low cost and I didn't experience any hidden surprises. I also like the no fuss nature the airplane comes in people get off the next lot get on and it takes off again. It’s great if you just want to get from A to B. The two checked bag allowance is a win as I arrived in the US on an international flight with 2 bags so it was helpful to have these included without additional cost (as many/all other US airlines charged). I will continue to fly SouthWest when I visit the US.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I've been a Rapid Rewards member since 2000 and have spent time on the A-List (but not there currently.) SWA has consistently been above and beyond all other airlines I've flown (AMR Delta Continental) for customer service and they are much more likely to be on-time and not pulling booking shenanigans. Transparency on the (minimal) fees is a giant plus.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I fly SouthWest constantly - they aren't perfect but employees are cheerful legroom and storage room at your feet is better than other airlines bags are free and there are no change fees if you need to change a flights.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I am done with Southwest. I just got screwed by the inability to change a passenger just like so many others recently. The agent said they have been telling people about this for some time. News to me. As soon as I can arrange it I'm paying off my Southwest credit card and sending it and my rapid rewards card to them in pieces.