Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

PIT-LAX Was a little leery about flying across the country with Southwest (usually use it to fly across Pennsylvania) but decided to give it a try because I absolutely refuse to pay an airline to carry a bag. I was not at all disappointed. The good service I had received on short trips was even better on the longer flight. Snacks were fine the personnel was kind (something it is difficult to say for the legacy carriers) and the seats were comfortable. I booked a flight recently to the West Coast and once again chose Southwest.

Southwest Airlines customer review

MDW-MCO-MDW. Traveled with the family for a quick Disney vacation. Flight out on time and even with kids had no problem sitting together. On return we took advantage of the Southwest off airport check-in location in Lake Buena Vista so got the bags checked and boarding pass and even though the flight was delayed on the return we only had to get to the airport 45 minutes before our flight and were able to go straight to the gate.

Southwest Airlines customer review

TUL-SAT-TUL Go this route often mostly because of price but will continue to use. Day before Christmas Eve less than 48 hours after my mother passed away 6:00am flight mind in a fog I left my cell phone at the baggage check in SAT. Went through long security line sat down at the gate and realized it was missing. Told the gate agent who quickly phoned down to the baggage desk to ask if it was there - and it was! Flight boarding time running out and agent from the baggage desk RAN it down to the gate as I would have never made it back through security again. Now that's customer service.

Southwest Airlines customer review

SAN to ELP return (through PHX). Having flown SWA for years there is great comfort in understanding the boarding process and open seating. The flight crews are professional and engaging service is well done with a selection of soft-drinks wine beer and juices and sometimes a choice of peanuts or pretzels. There is one non-stop flight each day both ways on this route and choices of flights to SAN through LAS and occasionally ALB. SWA is reliable and accommodating with a simple and straightforward business model.

Southwest Airlines customer review

DEN-LAS return. Bags do fly free. Online check in is fine. Bag drop at Denver fast enough for those checked-in. Swift flight down. Soft drinks & peanuts handed out. OK in flight magazine. Uneventful. Return journey was terrible. 6am flight. Checked in OK but no staff appeared until 4.45am by which time a massive queue had formed. We hardly had time to get a snack before boarding but then had to wait on the plane for other late folk. Laughable. I can see where they save money: reduce staffing. Arrived in Denver OK but really it is quite a flimsy airline as the service in Las Vegas shows.

Southwest Airlines customer review

San Jose (SJC) to Santa Ana (SNA) return. For both flights checking in on-line 24 hours before each flight got me an "A25" or better boarding pass and on both flights I was able to get a window seat on the over-wing emergency exit row with lots of leg room. On the flight to SNA the flight attendant spent quite a bit of time going over the emergency exit procedures which I think was a great example of how this airline can be both professional (take care of serious business) and laid back (announcements are usually quite funny and entertaining!). Soft drinks and peanuts served on these 1-hour flights and two suitcases checked in free.

Southwest Airlines customer review

My teenage daughters and I flew SouthWest San Diego - Vegas return. We found them to be brilliant and far better than their European equivalents - easyjet and Ryanair. We checked in online as soon as the 24 hour window opened boarded amongst the first passengers - thus avoiding the scramble and able to sit together. The boarding process is far smoother than in Europe and although the flight was only an hour long we were served complimentary soft drinks and peanuts/pretzels. The outward flight was on time and return delayed 20 mins or so. The cabin crew were courteous and friendly and safety announcements were light hearted and funny but got the message across - we probably paid more attention to these humorous announcements than we would have to the regular dry offerings. The flights (pre booked in September) were good value and we would have no hesitation in flying SouthWest again.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Southwest is at best a fair weather friend. My latest trip has been an epic debacle with poor customer relations shoddy baggage handling and a consistent and frustrating choice by this airline to make no effort whatsoever to get me home. Flying Southwest is like driving a car without insurance - ok until something goes wrong. And when something does go wrong Southwest will do nothing to make it right unlike better airlines. Customer loyalty means nothing to this airline as well.

Southwest Airlines customer review

DEN-SLC very late booking less than 12 hours before flight left a good fare and no hassle. Flight was full but crew provided service with a smile. If you follow their booking system you cannot fault them at all. Compared to legacy carriers within the US Southwest are the best.

Southwest Airlines customer review

My husband has been unemployed a while and we were wondering how we were going to get my daughter a plane ticket to come home for Christmas. Southwest Airlines have really fair prices their website is customer friendly. When we found my daughter's situation had changed and she would be able to come home earlier it was very easy to change her flight online - and Southwest didn't charge a big fee to change the ticket. Only a few dollars that was the higher price of the new ticket.