Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

I've been a Rapid Rewards member since 2000 and have spent time on the A-List (but not there currently.) SWA has consistently been above and beyond all other airlines I've flown (AMR Delta Continental) for customer service and they are much more likely to be on-time and not pulling booking shenanigans. Transparency on the (minimal) fees is a giant plus.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I fly SouthWest constantly - they aren't perfect but employees are cheerful legroom and storage room at your feet is better than other airlines bags are free and there are no change fees if you need to change a flights.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I am done with Southwest. I just got screwed by the inability to change a passenger just like so many others recently. The agent said they have been telling people about this for some time. News to me. As soon as I can arrange it I'm paying off my Southwest credit card and sending it and my rapid rewards card to them in pieces.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Extremely disappointed in Southwest's recent changes to the policy on the inability to change a passenger name once the ticket has been purchased. I bought a ticket for an employee before this policy took effect who was not able to make the trip. Since then SW started supposedly "enforcing a policy that has been in place" without any sort of notification. Now I'm out almost $500 because they won't refund the ticket or allow me to use the credit for another passenger - even if it's just transferred to my name. Their reason when I filed a complaint? "a proactive step to align our business with the general practice of the airline industry" So it seems SW is in fact purposefully intending to become just another airline. The really upsetting part is that only a week or two earlier another trip for an employee had to be cancelled and I was able to use the flight credit for someone else. Suddenly I can't. No notification at all. I get emails just about every other day from SW advertising their "get- away" deals; couldn't they have simply sent out an email letting us know their policy was going to go into effect? I was an extremely loyal SW customer but they've lost my business for good. I know I'm only one of many people this has affected - they told me as much when I called to complain.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Terrible customer service. I purchased tickets for my employees to take a trip in October 2011 and one of the employees can no longer go. This trip has been planned 5 months in advance. Southwest will not let anyone else use the ticket even though we gave 5 months notice. They would not allow any name transfers. Only the named employee could use the ticket no else could go in her place. They would only refund if they were given a copy of a death certificate of the employee.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Travelled SW for the first time because my son gave me and my husband SW giftcards so we booked a trip to Vegas. We paid the extra $10. each was for early bird seating we got A section between 15 and 30 that was good. I think if you are flying as a couple it is worth the extra so you can sit together. I hear some people are saving seats for their partner which I find to be cheap. Anyway to and from Vegas we had good flights I liked choosing my seat. I will fly SW again as long as SW stays with limited extra fees. I used to fly Continental only but they have imposed more fees than I care to read about. Keep up the good work SW and we will stay loyal to you.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Boston to Norfolk via Baltimore early morning. Boston to Baltimore fine but probably only because the flight was nearly empty and I could sleep. Legroom better than on other legacy carriers. Baltimore to Norfolk a horror. A very loud stewardess with a grating Southern accent spent the whole flight on the PA yelling about seatbelts how no drinks would be served due to turbulence (there was no turbulence) how no one could get out of his seat due to turbulence (there was no turbulence) how cute all the screaming babies onboard were and lastly in signature creepy Americana how there were soldiers or something onboard so to give them a loud round of applause for their service. So loud applause and the obnoxious loud flight crew prevented me from getting any sleep on the flight. I understand Southwest has a particular style - a kitsch-laden obnoxious style. It's not for me. At least the bags were free.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Service was good out of PBI plane looked a little tired but seats comfortable. Upon arriving in BWI connecting flight to LGA was delayed 2.5 hrs. They need to improve their LGA service. Got there but late. Still a great airline.

Southwest Airlines customer review

A mixed-bag trip from Seattle to Washington Dulles . On the plus side I had to change my itinerary at the last minute and was able to do so on Southwest at minimal cost. Flight out was uneventful. Flight back terrible I was stuck in Midway after a Dulles delay the airline stated was a mechanical problem but they refused to provide a hotel voucher. I had to find and pay for my own hotel. The gate agent was very rude.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Is Southwest becoming too big? It used to be one of the few airlines I could rely on for great customer service and quality. But it seems that with the acquisition of Airtran they also acquired the bad habits of big airlines. My last trip with them was a headache that cost me $500. I got stuck in Chicago for one night and received attitude from the crew when I tried to address the issue. It is great that they don't charge for luggage but I'm curious to see how long that is going to last.