Southwest Airlines

"so grateful for her assistance"

Not Verified | Due to being very busy last minute I accidentally booked for the wrong airport and didn't realize until I arrived at security. I went to the front desk and Tami was able to help me switch to DCA instead of IAD. I wouldn't have had time to get there to board and my ride had left already so I was so grateful for her assistance! I was able to still get home on time, even a little early.
Date FlownNovember 2022

"What they did was disgraceful to their customers"

Not Verified | My wife and in-laws were flying from Austin TX to Miami Fl. The flight was delayed and left late, they had a connecting flight in Houston that Southwest said would hold. When they arrived the flight was not held. I will never spend another dime to fly Southwest again. They do not do what they say they will do. What they did was disgraceful to their customers. They should be ashamed.
RouteAustin Texas to Miami FL
Date FlownNovember 2022

"mocked by the flight attendant"

Not Verified | They lost a gate checked and tagged stroller and I was mocked by the flight attendant for just wanting my stuff! Their flight crew have attitudes like adult entertainers. Unprofessional. Rude. Should’ve flown Spirit. This review would not be here if the flight attendant did not mock me for trying to find my 4 year old daughters stroller.
RouteOrlando to Detroit via St. Louis

"Shame on Southwest"

Not Verified | I have flown faithfully with Southwest for many years and I’ve never had to cancel a flight. But my boyfriend was ill and didn’t want to expose anyone to whatever he had so we choose to cancel. When we bought our tickets it said in bold print no cancellation fee. And I looked at the small print papers and they also said no cancellation fee will be incurred. When I called to cancel the first person said there is a 200.00 dollar cancellation fee. I asked to speak to a higher person and they told me I have no choice to accept fee or lose all the money. At first I accepted it . Then I read their policy over and over and again it said no cancellation fees. I called back and spoke to someone and said this is not acceptable your policy clearly states no cancellation fees. I had to fight with this person and I told them I will see them in court and call news crews. They finally gave me back my 200.00 dollars. I still have the policy and no fees incurred on my phone. I’m disappointed that they know their policy but yet try to lie and and steal money from their clients. My boyfriend is a lawyer and I’m an educated women and had to fight for my rights. How many people have paid the fee that shouldn’t have. The airline clearly are stealing from people. The public needs to be aware of these deceptive practices. I’m sure they know what they are doing. When I called it was the same person answering and using different names. Shame on him. Shame on Southwest.
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"their business class is a scam"

Not Verified | Southwest sucks, and their business class is a scam. You’ll pay $300 extra for no additional service, and every seat on the plane is the same. Not worth doing just buy their regular ticket. After flight cancellation, having to get rebooked on two flights instead of direct one, internet not working, and rude staff refused to offer cash refunds and will only give you a coupon to try to force you to fly with them again.
RouteLos Angeles to St. Louis
Date FlownOctober 2022

"have not taken the time to keep your luggage and the items inside dry"

Not Verified | I just can't understand why Southwest does not know and does not care to keep your luggage and the items inside dry during a rainy day. It has happened to me twice, unfortunately the day of the flight it has been rainy but Southwest crew have not taken the time and care to keep your luggage and the items inside dry - unbelievable. I have flown with American Airlines on a rainy day and have had no issue, my luggage and items inside have arrived dry. Also, for goodness sake change from first service to assigning seats. Southwest is already charging fees at the same rate other airlines.
RouteTampa to Connecticut

"Worst company ever"

Trip Verified | Worst company ever, very unprofessional. They changed us from gate to gate 9 time , after that they cancel the flight, trying to find the flight to get home not helping and very rough people
RouteDallas to San Antonio
Date FlownNovember 2022

"You get what you pay for"

Not Verified | So unorganized as a whole. Delayed flights, short staffed, no drinks. Unassigned seating is so stupid and the seats are tiny. You get what you pay for.
RouteHouston to Dallas
Date FlownOctober 2022

"stranded at the airport"

Not Verified | First time flying Southwest and my first time being stranded at the airport - they kept changing my flight times and then canceled it. How can you let people sit at an uncomfortable airport all night with no accommodations at all. Lied about discounts for a room no instructions on how to get to the room or back to the airport in the morning just the flight has been canceled.
RouteDallas to Chicago via Detroit

"zero communication"

Not Verified | Terrible experience with zero communication. Passengers understand that weather is out of personal control of the staff, however there should always be a responsibility to communicate when plans must change rather than leaving everyone guessing or to their own devices trying to figure out how they can return home with no options provided. Even if the news is bad it needs to be delivered. We sat on a plane for 5 and 1/2 hours for what was supposed to be a 3 hour flight, then proceeded to land in the wrong city to wait an additional hour on the tarmac, all the while being promised that the plane would be “moving soon.” The only reason this review is not a zero is because I was eventually able to see my checked bag again which I assumed was going to be lost along with all the time I spent waiting to get to my destination.
RouteMiami to Dallas