Southwest Airlines

"Easy to do business with Southwest!"

Not Verified | I recently came down with COVID and had to cancel several flights. Southwest was amazing - all I had to do was sign on the app, hit a button, and receive credit for a future flight. American had me on hold for 2.5 hours, and I still haven't been able to reach anyone. Holiday Inn was able to refund my flight, although I had to argue a bit. I hate their boarding process, but with this customer service I am forever a customer. Easy to do business with Southwest!
RouteLas Vegas to Des Moines
Date FlownDecember 2021

"the absolute best flight"

Trip Verified | Today my husband and I headed back home to Texas from our honeymoon in Cancun. It was the absolute best flight we have ever been on even with the flight being delayed. All because of the incredible flight attendant, Tammy on our flight 308 on January 14th, 2022 at 7:30PM. She was so sweet to announce our celebration and even gifted us with an unforgettable memory of her generosity. Wish we could’ve thanked her more she went truly above and beyond. Hope to see our fellow Texan in the future!
RouteCancun to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"said the cancellations were weather related"

Not Verified | We were supposed to fly back home to Oklahoma City on October 9th. On the day we were supposed to fly home, we received a text stating that our flight had been cancelled but had been rebooked for a 4am flight the next day. At approximately 3:30am we got a text cancelling that flight as well. Then they offered my wife a flight to Atlanta with no flight from Atlanta to OKC which then was cancelled as well. We had to get back home no later than Sunday so we drove down to the airport to find out what was going on. There was a mob of angry people waiting on 2 employees to try to handle to issues. The employees stated that they had no information as to why all of the cancellations. Later, this issues became a national news story and SW said the cancellations were weather related but strangely, there were no other flights cancelled that day on any other airlines for weather related issues.
RouteOklahoma City to Sarasota
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Just rude, sarcastic and didn't want to be bothered"

Not Verified | Our flight going to Chicago, number 3134 on 1/6 2022, 6.25am. The attendant was very rude, my sister is handicapped, she is 69 yrs old. She asked the staff member if someone could put a carry on up above for her. The attendant sarcastically said if its too heavy you should check it in, so another passenger helped us. Our flight coming home was flight 1547, 1/9/22. Our attendants were sarcastic, they rolled their eyes when we asked for 2 drinks. If your employees are not happy they need to get other jobs. When we were at Tampa Airport Southwest counter, it was early but the ladies at the counter were not happy answering my questions. Yes it was 4am but its their job to answer our questions. Just rude, sarcastic and didn't want to be bothered. I am a customer paying for my flights, if they don't want to work early, then don't. I am not happy with how my sister and I were treated.
RouteTampa to Chicago
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"5-days in and my bag was delayed another day"

Trip Verified | Due to weather my original flight was canceled and rebooked without my knowledge. Then there were multiple delays due to weather. Both I understood and accepted. However, with the chaos my concern now was with my luggage. And that concern was valid, now 5-days into a trip to visit my daughter I still have no clothes other than what I borrow from her. During this time they repeatedly gave me misinformation on where my luggage was and when it would arrive. At one point my luggage never left Texas but they assured me it was on a flight to Baltimore and and they'd call me when it arrived. Well at 6 I called and they said they were offloading it. Called back at 7 and they tell me it never left Texas. Not one time did they call me to tell me any of this or offer any type of apology for apparently lying. I called tonight to ask for the location of my luggage as it was due in today. Now 5-days in and my bag was delayed another day. The service representative tonight again lacked empathy to my situation and offered us a $100 voucher. In what world does a $100 voucher makeup for not having my luggage delivered to me for 6-days in the middle of winter. Of course I took it because it's something and I'm not that prideful but I am very upset. They only say they care, if they cared I wouldn't have to writing this review of how poorly their team treated me throughout this entire process.
RouteEl Paso, TX to Harrisburg, PA
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Why should I pay for business class if it does not benefit me"

Trip Verified | First, we stood in line for 1 hour and 15 minutes before we were able to even get to the counter flying Business Select then another 15 plus minutes to get checked in as the customer service rep looked all around instead of paying attention to what he was doing. It took 5 scans of each of our passports, 2 of us were traveling together. People were moving others to the front of the business line for tips. 1 counter working A List passengers that pay more for expedition to begin with, and we were solicited to tip more to get us to the front of the line. No way! Then we were given a free drink coupon for our flight. Beer, wine or liquor was valid for the day of travel only and only for Southwest Airline, this was rejected by attendant with "We haven't had alcoholic beverages for over two years now, then he chuckled". A non alcoholic beverage offering at that time would have been nice, but no offer. We had already had coffee and soda, so maybe one drink allowed. This is the worst experience ever flying. Why should I pay for business class if it does not benefit me. We boarded behind wheelchair passengers and their extended families who miraculously were able to travel walking when landed due to no wheelchairs available yet at the gate. Three of 9 remained seated waiting for assistance. I have no problem waiting for those three, at all. This makes me question if I will ever fly Southwest again, but I will never pay for Business Class again with them, regular boarding took well over 2 hours to check in for the flight. There were at least 5 counters to serve other class boarding. The security process took way less time as they screened everyone's bags and persons. This is an economy type airline, thankfully it was the non-stop destination option. Beware, if you fly with them, keep your money in your pocket and don't bother with A list, business or first class, you just threw away your money.
RouteMontego Bay to Baltimore
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Southwest’s customer service is terrible"

Trip Verified | Southwest’s customer service is terrible. I paid for early bird check in, when I got to the airport my boarding number was C 47. I upgraded so I wouldn’t be the last one on the plane with the worst seat. So now this has cost $60 and Southwest refuses to give a reimbursement for their error. In Houston it took 45 minutes at baggage claim for the luggage. Overall I will not fly with them if this is how they do business. I am grateful my flight was canceled.
RouteDenver to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"If your not going to wear a mask properly the entire time don't fly!"

Not Verified | My comment is on the lack of enforcement of masks. Yes we say it's mandatory but they are not enforcing it properly. As soon as stewardesses walk away people pull mask down all the way or under nose. If your not going to wear a mask properly the entire time don't fly! Stewardesses should be more firm and walking around enforcing mask more. I flew from Texas to Ohio, girl took her mask down during snacks and didn't put it up the rest of the trip. My return flight the man beside me didn't even wear a mask into the airport and didn't wear it the entire trip even after being told multiple times by one step "thank God" to put it up and leave it up. This man after the second time should have been fined and or arrested upon departure. But no.. nobody says anything and how many people end up sick?
RouteTexas to Ohio

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Kansas City to Denver. Horrible experience. Had a direct flight that was held an extra 30 minutes for 5 people to board from connecting flights - after everyone was already boarded. Once we reached Denver, there were no gates available so we waited in a long line of planes for over an hour. I don't understand how this could happen at Denver. It is huge. Never flying Southwest again.
RouteKansas City to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"the absolute worst experience"

Trip Verified | This was the absolute worst experience of my entire life. I will never fly with southwest again. First of all, the flight attendant showed up super late causing the flight to be delayed. Once we were all boarded and sitting in the seats, the power went out on the plane. We waited and waited and finally it got fixed. Then we pulled onto the runway, and for some reason they pulled us all the way back up to the gate again! Nobody told us what was going on. So we sat at the gate for MORE than 30 minutes and we still don’t know why and then finally we went back to the runway and we took off. Then we landed here at CVG at 12:20am (many hours later than planned) and I'm still sitting here in this plane at 1:02am and they haven't let us off yet - why am I still sitting here in this plane 42 minutes after landing? Why did we not land until after midnight when I have work early in the morning? Because of stupidity. I am floored and very angry. They’ve lost a customer.
RouteBaltimore to Cincinnati