Southwest Airlines

"waste if you don’t have beverages"

Not Verified | Dallas to Denver. The staff taking drinks to people was nice, but I watched him talk to co-workers while people are looking around at least twice. $300 each way so $600 is a waste if you don’t have beverages.
RouteDallas to Denver
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they could have shown empathy"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Milwaukee via Atlanta. Arriving to the airport from a business trip to be notified the flight was an hour delayed. Frustrating but understandable. Things can happen. A little over a hour later, received a text that the flight was canceled. Although it does text you new flights available, the process makes you pay for the new flight, so I didn’t process but went to the counter at the gate. There were over 50 people in a line dealing with the same situation. There were two ladies working the counter (there were additional stations open that more employees could have been deployed to move the line faster). I was in this line for 1 1/2 hours. Once it was my turn, no greeting from the employee, no apology and only one option was given for a new flight which was the following day with a layover making my direct flight into a much longer trip. I asked if Southwest was offering any compensation to their customers for hotel accommodations and the answer was “the weather in Milwaukee was going to get really bad and by the time the flight would get there, the airport would be closed, so no, they don’t compensate for weather”. That statement was false. I live in Milwaukee and no rain or storms were in the forecast. I left the counter not feeling valued as a customer. In customer service, how you handle a difficult situation is where you gain loyalty. Not one of those 50 customers walked away feeling valued or that anyone was doing all they could to help. I understand a regional airline like Southwest doesn’t have as many flights as the other airlines to try and help people, but they could have shown empathy, be apologetic, offered some type of compensation even if it was a voucher for their airline. But we were all just a number in a line. I will suggest to my company and to my husband’s company to think about this before booking their next flights.
RouteOrlando to Milwaukee via Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2019

"simple easy and on time"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Oakland. Always a pleasure simple easy and on time. No problems no questions. Simple and clear pricing. Why is united so all over the place? Always trying to make you feel like a class.
RouteLas Vegas to Oakland
Date FlownAugust 2019

"get extra cleaners to come around"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Austin. I understand flight attendants have very minimal time to check through the plane before the next flight of people is being shoved on but I think after this flight that really needs to change. My 18 month old loves to pull out the magazine and info cards in the seat pockets and on this flight they were absolutely disgusting. One was sticky with who knows what, one pocket had so much trash fall on our stuff it was hard to tell how the magazine and info stuff fit, then there was a coloring book left right on the aisle seat that they easily could've picked up. Again I understand there's not a lot of time, but that should maybe be adjusted or get extra cleaners to come around, I don't know but it was a gross way to start the journey home.
RouteChicago to Austin
Date FlownAugust 2019

"disappointed in the service"

Not Verified | Really disappointed in the service I received. I have TSA precheck but it notoriously does not show up on my boarding pass when I check in through the app. I saw an attendant when I arrived at the airport and was told there was nothing they could do to make the TSA precheck show up on my boarding pass. I’ve been flying for 2 years with TSA precheck and have never had this issue with any other airline. Very frustrating for a frequent flyer.
RouteSan Diego to San Jose
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not be using Southwest again"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to San Diego via Chicago. Crew is rude, non caring. Probably the worst flight experience that I have had. Cabin of plane smells of mold/mildew. The boarding process is the worst. I will fly any other airline, but will not be using Southwest again due to how much i paid to be treated so rudely.
RoutePittsburgh to San Diego via Chicago

"Most uncomfortable plane"

Not Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta via Las Vegas. Most uncomfortable plane in existence. Plane appeared to be newer but the seats were so uncomfortable that my back took 4 days to correct itself. Could hardly move after a nice relaxing vacation. Put a huge damper on my week long cruise vacation. Would rather drive across the US then use this plane ever again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Atlanta via Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2019

"giving up on this airline"

Not Verified | After 25 + years I am giving up on this airline. The free bag perk isn't even worth it any more. We flew out of Reno, Chicago, Denver, Newark and Phoenix, all within the past 2 months, & every flight was badly delayed, this last time causing US to pay for a hotel even though our whole trip was with them. To add insult they gave us a place at the end of their line on the next days flight when we had places way up towards the front on the flight they caused us to miss. Not one bit of compensation offered and we watched them give some other people $600 vouchers to get bumped because they overbook their flights. You lose my business both with your airline and with your credit card after being a loyal customer all these years, thanks for treating me like worse than nothing.
RouteReno to Newark via Phoenix
Date FlownAugust 2019

"diminished with customer service"

Not Verified | Austin to San Diego. In February I flew with SWA from Denver to Austin. I arrived early at the airlines and was allowed to fly standby on an available flight. I explained this to the lady and she responded with, “we just don’t let random people on those seats, we would lose revenue” as she was holding my active duty military ID. Her supervisor then said, “you should have not bought such a restrictive ticket”. SWA has really diminished in the past years with customer service. Her attitude really was rude and unprofessional. Additionally if you do it at one airport you should do it at all or none.
RouteAustin to San Diego
Date FlownAugust 2019

"SouthWest lost our luggage"

Not Verified | Our family flew on a direct flight from San Antonio to Orlando. SouthWest lost our luggage and claimed that it never left San Antonio. Southwest also admitted that they do not track passengers luggage. Sounds like a serous security issue to me, our luggage has been floating around San Antonio airport for a month and a half but no one at southwest can find it. How is Southwest allowed to run an airline business without tracking passengers luggage? What are those tags for, you put on our luggage ? Dealing with customer service was horrible. Luggage claims experience has been similar : rude and useless. We thought southwest cared about their customers. Apparently not.
RouteSan Antonio to Orlando