Southwest Airlines

"SW changed both my departure times"

Not Verified | Booked flight times according to my schedule and needs. SW changed both my departure times, cutting approx 6-8 hours off my trip, cutting into my plans. When I called (2 different times, long wait times before finally getting thru), explained this to rep, was told that I wouldn't be compensated any for this. She wouldn't even ask someone higher about my inconvenience. Tickets were not cheap for this flight.
RouteLouisville to Tampa
Date FlownJune 2021

"friendly and absolutely hilarious"

Trip Verified | First time out of Long Beach Airport for me. I’m 20 and am traveling with my mom for our usual Summer vacation to to see family. Probably the best crew ever on the LGB to St. Louis flight. Very friendly and absolutely hilarious. This wasn’t your typical Southwest flight with 1 or 2 jokes. The jokes were nonstop throughout the flight. Boarding was back to pre-COVID-procedures. While some find that annoying, I actually preferred that. Any return to some sense of normalcy is a welcome change for me. Flight attendants were, actually smiling throughout the flight! Shocker, right? Glad to see this is typical of Southwest. And even after the pandemic, we got 2 bags free per traveler, on top of an already cheap ticket!! The only downside is that a couple of their aircrafts seem pretty old.
AircraftBoeing 737-700 / 737-MAX8
RouteLong Beach to Cleveland via St. Louis
Date FlownJune 2021

"book with another airline from now on"

Trip Verified | Never used to be like this. I always get to the airport early, I arrived for my 10:40A flight 3 hours prior, knowing I was going to get some work done. As the time crept up, 1 text notification of delay. Then, I watch my app like a hawk. No additional notifications as additional three changes are made. They overfilled 2 planes with gas which delayed two gates. Then a gate change, then no gate, no gate for you, then finally another gate change. More delays without notice. Finally an additional text update. I check with customer service, we should be fine, “plenty of time to get on your connection.” 4 hours later, the flight attendant says vaguely “we don’t know if we will make it- if you live in Seattle and want to get off now” mind you, we are all buckled in at this point. No clarity on the subject, just a vague statement. We take off, we land in Denver. Congestion on the tarmac, we sit another ten minutes- Now Miami flight delayed, my hope that they’ve waited for us in the 15-20 minute window we’ve arrived. My boarding pass no longer shows boarding. No longer shows gate number or boarding number. The plane is still at the gate. I go to customer service “the doors are already closed, sorry. We can rebook you for tomorrow.” I’m in tears. Another flight attendant walks up and says we were told we would be rebooked, I tell her not true. She repeats the same vague statement, I tell her they can do better. She persists to argue with me that she was on the flight and heard it - I ignore her. Not good enough. The plane is still at the gate. I get rebooked for the next day. I have to call out tomorrow now, missing a day of work that Southwest won’t compensate me for. Oh but I get $200 in flight vouchers for their crappy airline. They book me at a quality inn. I get the shuttle, major crack in the windshield. No AC. .. it never used to be like this. They didn’t prepare for return volume and it clearly shows. We will book with another airline from now on.
RouteSeattle to Miami via Denver
Date FlownJune 2021

"Southwest has really gone down hill"

Not Verified | Southwest has really gone down hill. I can honestly say that Herb Kelleher would be appalled by the customer service of Southwest Airlines today. A reservation got screwed up for my daughter to fly home and did they fix it? Of course not, they say I forfeit my money. So I booked a ticket on AA and sent her home. I will never fly this airline again.
RouteDallas to San Jose
Date FlownJune 2021

"don’t think I’ll ever use Southwest again"

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight and as soon as they did I went to pick one that same day. They take it into there own hands a decided for me for next day me and my wife not being from Boston we’re staying with family in New Hampshire my father is Ill from cancer and could not get up at 3 in the morning unexpectedly, I paid an Uber 587.00 to get us here. They have done nothing for us and it took literally 2 hours and 15 minutes for them to answer me in the queue after saying estimated wait time 38 minutes. I have many trips planned I don’t think I’ll ever use Southwest again. People on the plane we’re pushy and irritated with their jobs.
RouteChicago to Houston
Date FlownJune 2021

"I will pay more for one of the more reliable airlines"

Trip Verified | Southwest is the welfare of airlines! I will never forget the ridiculous night that I had sitting in Baltimore Airport after being delayed for at least 4 different reasons and even boarded on the plane and driven around the tarmac and then after several hours and different excuses, told to get off the plane because the pilot had timed out and the flight is canceled! I sat alone all night in the airport and it should never have happened! Then they offer to fly me home 2 days later? No money and sleep at the airport? The best part is I have been trying to call them for a week and automated says 1 hour wait on hold, so I waited and they picked up and hung up, not one time but 3 times! I will pay more for one of the more reliable airlines. Check Southwest reviews, all similar accounts.
RoutePalm Beach to Baltimore
Date FlownJune 2021

"the flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | My son and his family were supposed to fly from Midway to LaGuardia on June 18. At 3AM he received a text that the flight was cancelled. There were no other flights that day. The planned family reunion was ruined. He tried to rebook a flight for later in the summer, only to discover that the number of points needed had doubled. It would be fair for Southwest to allow him to rebook for the same number of points, but they have not made that option available.
RouteMidway to La Guardia
Date FlownJune 2021

"What the heck is wrong with them?"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever! They can cancel flight couple hours before flight, boarding system is crazy, always not enough employees and line is huge. What the heck is wrong with them?
RouteHouston to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2021

"This trip has been awful"

Trip Verified | This trip has been awful. I am a college student and have summer classes I am traveling to. I booked my flight so that I would have enough time to get to my lodging location and finish a little homework before going to bed. When I arrived for my connecting I found out that my flight was canceled and I was not able to change the "rebooked" flight they had given me. The only reason they gave me for canceling the flight is the weather. There is no weather at my connection point or my destination. There is no weather between. They would not give me a voucher for food or a hotel stating they don't do that for weather delays. I am now stuck at my connecting point for 8 hours waiting for the next flight to the destination. The airport I am stuck at does not have wifi and I have to use my hotspot that costs me money. Southwest would not let me change my destination, cancel with a refund, or change flight providers. When talking with the ticketing agent she also told me there is a high possibility that the "rebooked" flight will be canceled too. That means I will be at the airport until tomorrow with no voucher for a hotel, food, or wifi to do my homework. Southwest has used the "WEATHER" as an excuse so they don't have to give vouchers. There is no weather so don't say the cancelation is due to weather. They need to own up to the real issue. I am extremely fed up and will not be flying with them again if I have a choice.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX8
RouteSarasota to Cincinnati via Chicago Midway
Date FlownJune 2021

"They delayed us at every turn"

Trip Verified | If I could title this review it would be "30hrs in hell". Not just one flight but every flight we had on our quick turnaround from Nashville to Bozeman was delayed, rescheduled, gates changed, lengthy waits in planes for gates, stranding in Denver overnight, just to mention a few. But my main focus here is how horribly we were treated by Southwest staff, mainly on the ground, officious in the air. They delayed us at every turn, every time we needed information or to interact with gate agents, information desk agents, even baggage agents, it was the same thing, huffs, rolled eyes, indifference even intentional misdirection. They all were rude beyond belief, lacked any empathy for my wife who was hobbling on a broken foot, no one took any responsibility for anything or offered any help. What was crazy about this was, while I hadn't flown in a few years as I'm partially retired, I flew hundreds of times on Southwest going back into the 80s and the had always been the happiest and most helpful crews and staff of any airline. Now, the wait time to get them on the phone is always "120 minutes", everyone was unnecessarily rude (as if there was any degree of necessary rudeness) and to a person, exuded the feeling that you were an inconvenience and not customer. I hope never to fly again and have no problem with this now horrible airline going out of business.
RouteNashville to Bozeman